Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? (14882 Views)

What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch / Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone / Is Nigeria's Problem Bad Leadership Or Weak "followership"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by stineb1: 5:35pm On Dec 16, 2012
Nigerians
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by demoore1(m): 5:37pm On Dec 16, 2012
Three differrent big nations, forced to be one and filled with hatred and anger amongst one another. The nation can never florish as one......impossible
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by templeinyou(m): 5:38pm On Dec 16, 2012
claremont: 1. Religion
2. Corruption

which religion is fighting which.

traditionalists are they also in the religious fight?
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Cuddlemii: 5:38pm On Dec 16, 2012
toriade: [size=24pt]YOU and ME[/size]

Good point.
It's the people that make up Nigeria that is Nigeria's problem.
All the so called political & religious leaders are human beings too and started out as people just like us.

We need to work on ourselves, quit the blames and name calling.
We need to be told the truth and work towards developing the country.

All the complaints & blame hasn't improved Nigeria.
I was born into these complaints & blames...20 something years after my birth, Nigerians are still complaining.
No significant change, even if there was/is, its not consistent or maintained
We need to ACT, MAKE A CHANGE & QUIT SULKING
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Khayordhe: 5:39pm On Dec 16, 2012
D biggest problem facing nigeria is dat [size=28pt]WE DON'T KNOW DAT WE HAVE A PROBLEM[/size]

2 Likes

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by bigtt76(f): 5:40pm On Dec 16, 2012
People's mentality that power must be in one section of the country before development can be seen in such area or nation-wide. Simply put the indigene issue in this country is the root cause of all our issues. You must be an indigene in order to enjoy some form of privileged etc. Until we're purged of such requirements and are willing to embrace its non-use we will remain stagnant. The success story of the United States today is as a result of her openness to welcome people of diverse nationality.

1 Like

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by templeinyou(m): 5:41pm On Dec 16, 2012
claremont: 1. Religion
2. Corruption

which religion is which?

the tradionalists are they also in the fight?
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Olofintoto(m): 5:42pm On Dec 16, 2012
Nigeria problems are listed below;
1. Almagation of the northern and the southern 2geda, the problem start with dis.
2. Bad governance and leadership since independence.
3. Military and foreign intervention into nigeria's politics and government.
4. Corruption and embezzlement of public fund by our politician and high rank government workers(civil servants and public servants)
5. Injustice,etc.
These are the 5 major problems.

2 Likes

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by salafiyy: 5:43pm On Dec 16, 2012
The people and government, and the people make the government
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by onila(f): 5:45pm On Dec 16, 2012
yoruba girls
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by igbeke: 5:45pm On Dec 16, 2012
is it dat we r not getting d message right?
nigeria is not a country. we r not one. d earlier we begin 2 work towards d correction of d mistakes of 1914, d beta dor us all.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Leemak: 5:45pm On Dec 16, 2012
......untimely independence above all.........

1 Like

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by k2039: 5:45pm On Dec 16, 2012
dangerzone: the problem is mystery,the more you think about it the more you confuse yourself of what the problem is
The first solution to any problem is to identify the problem itself.
If we cant identify the problem, then it will only get worse.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Roliks09: 5:46pm On Dec 16, 2012
1. Nigerians dont know who they are. We really do not have goals as a nation. I'm yet to really understand what connects me to the Notherner or Easterner or even southener. We are still united only along lines of language, which isnt good, and can only be changed by
2. LEADERSHIP. They(leaders) are the only ones that can set examples impacting widely, and simultaeneously. Leaders must realize that they r the only ones that can change dis nation.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by DDon11: 5:46pm On Dec 16, 2012
nigeria's problem is ethnicity. This is because our ethnicity has different morals and therefore does not respect each other's intentions. The presidential is where we all target. Can't u see? An Ibo man will not want to see a Hausa man become president. Let us practice confederalism where we do not target any presidential.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Adanyebe(m): 5:46pm On Dec 16, 2012
Nigeria's problem is all engulfed in the mindset we have about ourselves. The other world are ahead of us because they learnt to cherish what comes out of their homeland. corruption has eaten deep because of the mindset that government money is meant to be embezzled. For this country to change, the mindset of every individual must be
changed. Atleast people should have respect for laws and rules governing us as a country other than the feeling of being above the law. The bad mindset has also triggered the mentality that embezzling is also a turn by turn thing ( chop I chop) and also a do or die affair which is too bad!

Because of the bad mindset we have, the issue of ethnicity, religion comes to play a very strong role in the way we detect leadership in this country and brings about erroneous stereotypical thinking among the masses. if only we can take advantage of the diversity in ethnicity of this country, we will be building a strong fold of a giant black nation an also an eternal fortress of peace and unity for the unborn generation
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Khayordhe: 5:47pm On Dec 16, 2012
Khayordhe: D biggest problem facing nigeria is dat [size=28pt]WE DON'T KNOW DAT WE HAVE A PROBLEM[/size]
and hw to solve dis problem....[size=28pt]it begins wit U & I[/size]
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by IMMUNO1(m): 5:48pm On Dec 16, 2012
U and I are the problem of Nigeria. We fail to do what we are supposed to do.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 16, 2012
Nigeria's problem is STRUCTURAL. The current structure does not encourage wealth creation. We are not CREATING WEALTH, rather we'r SHARING oil wealth. Our current structure has been approprately termed FEEDING BOTTLE FEDERALISM. Coming to Abuja every month to share oil money is SENSELESS. Rather than run a system that will encourage the 160million Nigerians to create wealth for themselves and by extension the country, we run a system that tries to feed the 160million Nigerians from one pot at the centre. Just to illustrate, if everyone of us(160million in total) cooks his own food and bring to Abuja, we'll definitely have SURPLUS in Abuja and then prosperity. But when Abuja tries to cook for 160million Nigerians, it will be insufficient and poverty and hunger will multiply in geometric progression. Some Nigerians think the country is rich because of oil money. This is a big lie. Just to illustrate, the amount used to construct one SINGLE road in a state in US, is about the total budget for the federal ministry of works in Nigeria.
Nigeria needs complete re-structuring. Let the states control and harness their resources and pay taxes to the centre. If we do that, every state will be FORCED to create wealth. Until we do that, we'll continue to progress in snail-like pace or worse remain stunted. But will the north agree?

1 Like

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by k2039: 5:48pm On Dec 16, 2012
lorddannie: nigeria is just a composite of incompatible parts, until these parts go their separate ways there will always be problems. I mean unending problems

We dont have to split, I dont support that, but we definitely have to go back and revisit our founding documents and adhere to it strictly.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Arcard(m): 5:48pm On Dec 16, 2012
250 ethnic group unda wan roof
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by FindOut(m): 5:50pm On Dec 16, 2012
templeinyou: In all u mentioned i think is amalgamation.

the British brouth 2geda 2 incompatibles

b4 the amalgamation flulani and Hausa were in the same palava

b4 dat Northern & southern protectorate were also in contention.

After that they've been rulling but now,

they want to continue.

who told you we are incompatible? We are all ONE my brother. Sardauna and Ooni of ife were friends na. Hausa and yoruba fought biafra war on the same side. Igbo, yoruba and hausa public office holders collaborate together everyday to loot this country dry. Are you yoruba? Are you single? Ok, i have one sweet lovely well mannered well educated fulani babe with well educated and wonderful parents too. Are you interested? If you are not, i assure you some yoruba guys will. intermarriage is common amongst most tribes in Nigeria. dont be deceived by those on NL constantly shouting "Igbo, oju-iku, Yoruba, yorrober, bokoharam" e.t.c. Some of them are married to, or have siblings who are married to those tribes they constantly bash here. See, what matters is JUSTICE and FAIRNESS to ALL, irrespective of religion and tribe. Incidentally, both Islam and Christianity preach these, but most of us are too busy worshipping our Pastors and Sheikhs to bother about obeying these simple commandments.

1 Like

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Immune1(m): 5:52pm On Dec 16, 2012
Our single problem is the common black man's problem;we didn't go through the normal phases of development which involves acquiring knowledge and turning it to a useful source of wealth.All most know is that oil is money;a fact that still overwhelms and intoxicates most of us!That's why we are stuck where we are.This is partly due to are disrupted history by the whites that enslaved us.........Just my take on this.

1 Like

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 16, 2012
Nigerian people.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by ollybosieb: 5:56pm On Dec 16, 2012
Our major problem is us ....our leaders are corrupt we are corrupt too....they laid down laws we look for ways of breaking it..
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 16, 2012
[color=#006600][/color] The north should hav been a seperate entity, am sure if the north was made to b a country back then 1914, in 2014 it would still be in 1914... The only pple that can kill CHANGE[/quote]. By lamenting that nothing good can ever come from north make me say the likes of you are the problem of nigeria
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Wsdm: 5:59pm On Dec 16, 2012
COWARDICE!!! Most developed countries forced their inept leaders to do the right thing but in Nigeria, statement such as 'God dey', 'God go catch am', 'the law of karma shall catch up with them', ' it is God that gives power', forgetting to state also that it is God that gives the thieves money therefore we should celebrate them, All these and many more is what our leaders have studied and now leading us with impunity. A U.S. president once said that four of the things that happen in Nigeria without problem, one of it will have thrown their country into crises.If Amalgamation is our problem, shall we blame it on corrupt governors who are indigene of the same state they milk dry and refuse to develop?

1 Like

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by mathskill: 6:00pm On Dec 16, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: Nigeria's problem is STRUCTURAL. The current structure does not encourage wealth creation. We are not CREATING WEALTH, rather we'r SHARING oil wealth. Our current structure has been approprately termed FEEDING BOTTLE FEDERALISM. Coming to Abuja every month to share oil money is SENSELESS. Rather than run a system that will encourage the 160million Nigerians to create wealth for themselves and by extension the country, we run a system that tries to feed the 160million Nigerians from one pot at the centre. Just to illustrate, if everyone of us(160million in total) cooks his own food and bring to Abuja, we'll definitely have SURPLUS in Abuja and then prosperity. But when Abuja tries to cook for 160million Nigerians, it will be insufficient and poverty and hunger will multiply in geometric progression. Some Nigerians think the country is rich because of oil money. This is a big lie. Just to illustrate, the amount used to construct one SINGLE road in a state in US, is about the total budget for the federal ministry of works in Nigeria.
Nigeria needs complete re-structuring. Let the states control and harness their resources and pay taxes to the centre. If we do that, every state will be FORCED to create wealth. Until we do that, we'll continue to progress in snail-like pace or worse remain stunted. But will the north agree?
There you go "will the north agree" tell me if the SW,SS and SE agree to go who is the north to object.The fact of the matter is they wont agree.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Concept(m): 6:00pm On Dec 16, 2012
Corruption in high places, corrupt society, corrupt institutions. Eradicate corrupt practices, Nigeria has no problem even she will be greater than what she has achieved in the 60s when she was known as Giant of Africa.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 16, 2012
GREED
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Kobojunkie: 6:03pm On Dec 16, 2012
Is it possible that black people are more prone to ADHD? So many of what I have seen in so-called leaders in Africa, and in blacks here leads me to believe this. grin grin grin
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Khayordhe: 6:03pm On Dec 16, 2012
Khayordhe: D biggest problem facing nigeria is dat [size=28pt]WE DON'T KNOW DAT WE HAVE A PROBLEM[/size]
Khayordhe:
and hw to solve dis problem....[size=28pt]it begins wit U & I[/size]
[size=20pt]it begins wit U & I by identifying d main cause of our problem and if we refuse 2 tackle dis problem,dis is jux d begining o,i mean,d problem go turn 2 season film....jux lyk "MERLIN WILL RETURN"[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lagos Civil Servants To Work On Saturdays- Fashola / Man Names His Baby After Suzette Wike After Being Helped By The Governor / El-rufai Speaks At Chatham House, London [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.