Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,529 members, 7,812,647 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? (16082 Views)

Common Beautiful Names From The Igbo Tribe / Apart From Your Tribe Which Other Tribe Do You Admire And Why? / Which Tribe Do You Love The Most In Our Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by solomon111(m): 1:52pm On Dec 21, 2012
I like the idoma people.
They 've got great women.

1 Like

Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by Sattors(m): 1:52pm On Dec 21, 2012
Am from ESAN in Edo State and i like IGBO as a tribe bcus dea culture have a lot of similarities with ours but for their high bride price? God!!!

1 Like

Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by Frostyzone(m): 1:53pm On Dec 21, 2012
I love the Igbo tribe for their industrious nature, Itsekiri tribe for their hospitable nature, and finally Ijaw tribe for their rebellious nature.

15 Likes

Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by crackhaus: 1:56pm On Dec 21, 2012
I like music, I'm sure you do too! Do you play a trumpet? If you don't, it will be a suitable musical instrument for you

Troll: My Background Is Multi-Tribal So I Don't Dislike Any Tribe. Coming From A Dad Who's Partly Delta Ibo (Agbor) And Partly Edo (Bini) And A Mom Who's Partly Yoruba (Ondo) And Partly Delta (Itshekiri) And My Maternal Great-Grandfather Who's Partly Caucasian (English) And Partly Nigerian (Yoruba); I Think I'll Be The Last Person That Will Discriminate Tribes.
Most Of My Relatives Do Inter-Tribal Marriages And I Don't Plan To Base My Marriage On A Particular Tribe Too. Since I've Lived In Different Parts Of The Country, I'd Say Every Nigerian Tribe Is Beautiful. Only Our Individual Psych Differs.
I've Had The Opportunity Of Having Acquaintances From Different Tribes Both Local And International grin But I Must Confess I'm Currently Digging These Fulani Babes. Dem Fine Die And Cool-Headed Too cheesy
Nigeria: Great Nation Good People
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by jarkata(m): 2:00pm On Dec 21, 2012
Kogites especially ebira or egbira i'm not sure,but these ppl are extra ordinary brilliant. All my ebira guys and babes know book die,they nearly give us heart attack when we dey school and they are accomodating as well[b][/b]
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by SamAfrik(m): 2:00pm On Dec 21, 2012
Im yoruba. And my culture has taught me not to generalise but relate to pple on individual basis. So few hausas (christians)I have related with, have been exceptional, especially the lady frm Zuru tribe - humble, calm, hospitable (one of the best). My Hausa guy was quite cool too. My former pastor and one other guy (calm and generous) have been the Igbos that have impressed my so far. I will like Igbos to change this "we versus them"/ "everybody is against us" attitude. I believe Nigeria is home to some of the best tribes of Africa, if we can respect each other and work more together.

3 Likes

Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by SlyIg(f): 2:02pm On Dec 21, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Efik: Reason; They are very neat,very welcoming,has great food and lots of hotties.
Sosongo o ...

1 Like

Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by Arcard(m): 2:03pm On Dec 21, 2012
I like ikwerre buh ppl say na igbo so i nw like deltans of igbo extraction buh na igbo 2. So i like nigeria.
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by bibina: 2:06pm On Dec 21, 2012
annang......a proud and decisive nation!
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by dozern(m): 2:07pm On Dec 21, 2012
I would have said hausa despite i narrowly escape death in their hand last yr. if nt religion,hausa man is as hospitable as.Hausa man has nothing to do wit ur success if u are greatr than them in office,market etc.Wat ever u give them they appreciate.
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 21, 2012
I wouldn't say 'tribe', but let's just say I like Northerners for their humility, simplicity, approachability, fatalism (what would be would be), and willingness to help (even without knowing you too well). It's amazing how many kind favours and connections I've gained from these nice people in Abuja, that one can hardly gain from my fellow southerners who are typically so arrogant, unapproachable, and full of airs whenever they find themselves in privileged/powerful positions.

If you take away the Islamic fanaticism of some sections of the core North, I'd rate them by far the most admirable people.

Nonetheless, in terms of an actual ethnic group, I like the Efik a lot. They're among my favourites for many reasons - modesty, warmth, positive docility (lol), and of course hospitality (in all its dimensions, shapes, and forms).

2 Likes

Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by mysticgal(f): 2:11pm On Dec 21, 2012
tribalism,ok just passing.
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by MeGaStReEt: 2:11pm On Dec 21, 2012
Ibo - - Music/culture
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 21, 2012
moi j'aime les igbo pasque il conait gagne l'argent.
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by jaymichael(m): 2:13pm On Dec 21, 2012
DANILSA: AM A TYPICAL IGBO MAN cool I DID WANT TO SAY>REMOVE ISLAM AND SEE HOW GOOD AN HAUSA MAN IS< wink
those guys come across as the most sincere and nicest tribe, save for radicalism. you are correct.
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by Iaz93: 2:17pm On Dec 21, 2012
EBIRA
EBIRA
EBIRA
EBIRA
Reason : No reason
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by sammsimm(m): 2:17pm On Dec 21, 2012
Marghi people:
d best tribe in d whole wide world
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by shevon: 2:24pm On Dec 21, 2012
rare pearl: We have diverse tribe with different culture and way of life which make them unique, write your tribe the tribe you like best it mustn't be your tribe. Let's know our culture.

You nko, which tribe you like?
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by omenziate(m): 2:24pm On Dec 21, 2012
Southern Kaduna folks, dem just b like Lagos boys for my eye, dem soji die. Abokis too make sense except for Islamic fundamentalism, they are very hospitable.
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 21, 2012
La Professeur: moi j'aime les igbo pasque il conait gagne l'argent.

*proud of myself* I understood that without using "Google translate"

1 Like

Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by shevon: 2:34pm On Dec 21, 2012
Donawoite: l like my tribe which is Nupe

I can never forget those people. You will never know who is from there and who is not when we all sit down to eat and drink. they make you feel like you are home. smiley
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 21, 2012
Classicalman: Means u r an introvert and recluse, who doesnt associate with other people.
*sigh*

My comment meant I see no other tribe as best or better over the other. I only picked Yoruba because of sentiments(I'm Yoruba)

And I'm very individualistic, I don't judge people based on the tribe they come from undecided
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by onuwaje(m): 2:47pm On Dec 21, 2012
ifyalways: Itshekiri kiss

Warm and welcoming, beautiful women, makers of good food.

Confirm!! Proudly itsekiri

1 Like

Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by stephybabe(f): 2:48pm On Dec 21, 2012
Calabar-efik......social, welcoming, nice n hospitable

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Renaming The Niger Area: Top Priority Place That Should Change Names / Easy Ways To Attract Positive Things To Yourself Amid Harsh Condition Of Nigeria / Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.