Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,235 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Getting Pregnant Before Marriage - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Getting Pregnant Before Marriage (30551 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry / You Must Get Pregnant Before We Can Wed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by WAM1(f): 11:19pm On Dec 29, 2012
lordgbengs:

We keep forgetting that we are all a subject of His mercy. Nigerians are too theological that's why our lives is full of deceit and lies..

They keep saying God will provide her own man for her she should move on, show me men that God has provided that we still have Single Old ladies everywhere looking for Mr right.

My question for your cousin is does she want to be right or successful?

In the game of life it is the result that matters.....how you get is left to you and your creator.

Tell your cousin, 10 years from now she will be 44 years, will she be happy to look back and not regret assuming she left this guy and does not find another guy to marry.

From my observation and experiences, this kind of things happen to fanatics and religious peeps...holier thou
grin grin grin grin

My dear you are what you believe. Prov 23:7

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by MOBBDEEP: 12:18am On Dec 30, 2012
warrior101:

The bible also say we should fill the earth and replenish it... So the main purpose of marriage is for procreation

I'm indeed sorry to reply your post late.
If you read well my post, you'd have noticed that I digressed a bit & my post was in response to an element in Kulyie's post.

Meanwhile, I slightly differ to your opinion as regards the goal of Eve's creation.
The utmost goal was companionship while others e.g procreation, intimacy are, at best, secondary.
By the way, how does one dissociate sex from procreation?

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by musiwa10: 1:23am On Dec 30, 2012
c
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by tomakint: 2:07am On Dec 30, 2012
How come berem is missing in action, in her already gone-viral thread. This is page 10 and yet berem is not commenting, can somebody tell me where is berem? >:~(
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by tomakint: 2:14am On Dec 30, 2012
How come berem is missing in action in her already gone-viral thread? This is page 10, can somebody tell me where is berem before I...... angry
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by luluosas(m): 7:53am On Dec 30, 2012
Not just getting pregnant before marriage but, 'SEX' before marriage is very very wrong. The guys who hide under that wicked idea often ends up dumping their so called cherished wife, after satisfying the libido on the innocent victim girl/woman. So, in my dictionary, no sex before marriage. If the man truly loves you, he will marry you for who you are even if you cannot give him a child. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by HIV1: 11:14am On Dec 30, 2012
Any child born outside marriage wedlock is a BASTARD irrespective of weather the same man eventually marries you.The truth is that most ladies nowadays are pretenders. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by warrior101: 12:01pm On Dec 30, 2012
MOBBDEEP:

I'm indeed sorry to reply your post late.
If you read well my post, you'd have noticed that I digressed a bit & my post was in response to an element in Kulyie's post.

Meanwhile, I slightly differ to your opinion as regards the goal of Eve's creation.
The utmost goal was companionship while others e.g procreation, intimacy are, at best, secondary.
By the way, how does one dissociate sex from procreation?

Perhaps i am not as articulate as you but i still think we are saying the same thing... I said and i quote, "... the purpose of marriage is procreation".

If you say it's Companionship it's also correct because that's what marriage is... But the purpose of that marraige is to multiply the earth...

Adam needed a help meet(companion) and God gave him his heart desire and then with the utmost goal to fill the earth and replenish it with their seeds... Do you understand?
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by kaboninc(m): 3:47pm On Dec 30, 2012
WAM?:

There are issues you compromise with and there are some that are absolute no go areas. Telling a sister to have sex and get pregnant outside wedlock is a sin - no matter the circumstance or how bad we try to paint it. Every sin we commit has its consequences. A test of your faith in God is not how well you stand when the going is good but how well you stand when life hits you. I responded particularly to your post because of your inference on your cousins younger sister- my dear be careful with this train of thought. Have you not heard of two people going to steal and one gets killed while the other walks? The grass may look greener on the other side - it is until you get there that you see it was only a facade. Never make a decision based on Mrs A did it and it worked for her. Ori ya to si ori. Prov 14:12

It's quiet unfortunate that the subject is at this vulnerable and desperate stage- that's why it's important to make hay while the sun shines. But God has a track record- he never fails and his timing is perfect. My advice to her is not to compromise . She has been very patient she should continue to persevere and not loose hope if she really wants this - she would get it. God would not withhold anything good from his children.

On the flip side , why on earth will a true Christian brother who has the fear of God in him tell me to get pregnant before marriage? Some conversations just don't come up. If I hear that I would assume its a joke and laugh. When I realize he is serious that's a confirmed weeder. The christian life might seem a little boring but it's actually a lot easier when you follow the rules. You avoid such arrant nonsense .

On point! Honestly I really can't get myself when I think about these so called 'true believers'. I don't go to church, they come and preach to me scaring the hell out of me. Then the next minute, they lure me into something which they forbid me to do.

And then they see this fine dude, a brother too in church, 'faithful believer', and declare their love for him. Unfortunately, this same 'brother' will still be the one to give such a condition as no pregnancy, no marriage. Hypocrites!

I would not support pregnancy before marriage but some of these people here, also advising pregnancy before marriage, the 'true believer', should God strike anyone, theirs will be the hardest.

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by kaboninc(m): 3:56pm On Dec 30, 2012
I'll prefer an 'unplanned' pregnancy than a pregnancy before marriage. However, I think most of the time, we're responsible for what we are today.

We don't get to see what life throws at us, what happens to us but we can control how we respond to it. And our response can either complicate and breed new problems or solve these problems.

At that age and she's not married, then so many things must have happened and am pretty sure that she's responsible for most of it.

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by musiwa11: 5:55am On Dec 31, 2012
I know when i put up the picture of fela and his women, some holy nigerian will say.. brother till backslid

but let me show you the bible and disprove some of the thing you people have believe in the past..

One the major problem the church has had, as been men who dont read the bible and they pastors churches..

what does the bible say about polygamy, what does jesus say about polygamy..

some disciple of jesus were polygamist.. please go and read some of their history.. after jesus , polygamy was what the first church knew and not monogamy.. monogamy was not common even after jesus..

I believe more in jesus than I believe in any pastor or general oversear or senior pastors. I hate when people tailor the bible to please themself..

here is the bible..

Matthew 19:8-9

8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted YOU to divorce your WIVES because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.

You will notice that it was jesus talking and he use the word WIVES... because all they knew at that time was polygamy.. go into the history of the church.. and also notice the word YOU. the word YOU means, he was not refering to ALL but a singular person. YOU and not ALL.

if you read the bible below..

You will see, that they were polygamist... a married man takes his brother wife.. and it means he has two wives

Matthew 22:23-32 "23. That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question.
24. "Teacher," they said, "Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and have children for him.
25. Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother.
26. The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh.
27. Finally, the woman died.
28. Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?"
29. Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.
30. At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.
31. But about the resurrection of the dead--have you not read what God said to you,
32. `I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob' ? He is not the God of the dead but of the living."

When you look at this chapter. you will see, you see the word refered to as flesh, this word mean sex, and does not not mean marriage as many church preach.. If you replace that word flesh with the word sex. you would understand the chapter better... the reason they use the word flesh is because , they did not like to use the word sex in some culture and the people replace it with the word flesh.. this is what happen.

it was a culture like the yorubas where people do not talk of sex in the open.. the yorubas do not like to talk about sex in public. so instead of using the word sex.. they come up with different word to replace it etc.. this is what happen

Matthew 19:5-6

5. and said, `For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh' ?
6. So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."

Over many years people have used this verse to make false claim that paul said.. but he was only refering to people who want to hold certain title in the church.. was it not the same paul who said Women should not talk in the church.. Are church not been hypocrites if they obey through manipulation one of paul verse but not ready to obey the other..

"A deacon must be the husband of but one wife and must manage his children and his household well. (From the NIV Bible, 1 Timothy 3:12)"

Didn't Paul himself say: "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. (1 Corinthians 14:34)"

If you go through the history of the church.. 99% of the church after jesus were all polygamist. even the disciple of jesus some where polygamist.
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by musiwa11: 6:39am On Dec 31, 2012
mormon church was one of the last church in america which stop polygamy under the pressure by women group. they refuse to bow to pressure by women group. but here is the truth.. Jesus disciple were also polygamy. some mormon still refuse till today in the USA to stop polygamy.

if you look at the bible.. that i show you.. you will see that... the previous verse, the man was referring to one WIFE.. but because jesus believe in polygamy, and because Jesus only know polygamist , he use the word YOU and WIVES. You can see that Jesus was not against Polygamist. it was women liberation group who were against polygamy and not the bible.. or Jesus.

7 “Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”

8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted YOU to divorce your WIVES because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.7 “Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”

8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Qualer: 8:37am On Jan 22, 2013
vivian chinaza: Them never even conceive the man wey go give me this kind condition!!!!!

Viv, as you fine reach, you must get pregnant before we do that wedding o, gbam!!!
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Winneygirl(f): 3:45pm On Jan 22, 2013
D answers 2 d unknown are written right in front of us.

Watever doubts/reservations U have b4 marriage, they won't disappear overnight.

When U meet d right person, there'll be "Peace" in Ur heart, "Clarity" in Ur mind.
Dat's a sign of happiness 2come.

If U don't feel these things, pregnancy will not make U feel it.
Be wise! Listen 2 Ur heart.
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 05, 2014
Story for the gods, season 3 and half undecided undecided undecided
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by pickabeau1: 11:57pm On Nov 05, 2014
berem:
It seems it has become a new trend for some men to request for their spouse to be to be pregnant fIrst before the proper marriage takes place.I have had the opportunity to ask about 20 yet to be married men and 15 of of them wants their wives to be to get pregnant first.I also asked them why they wanted it,I was shocked when they all said "I don't trust nigerian girls these days".
I have a cousin who is gonna be 34years by next year and she is not yet married.There is this guy she was introduced to for marriage but the man gave her condition that she must get pregnant first.My cousin being a very stubborn lady refused and said she will never get pregnant before marriage.Her mum has been worried because of her age and also being the first daughter.
My main worry now is that her mum wants me to advise her on what to do.Right now am confused.I don't know what kind of advice to give.Should I advise her to get pregnant or wait for the right time? Am really scared the guy might leave her if

she refuses to get pregnant first.

So what happened to your cousin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK / Check Out This Adorable Four Generation Photoshoot / My Mother Is At War With Me Help!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.