Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Getting Pregnant Before Marriage - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Getting Pregnant Before Marriage (30552 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry / You Must Get Pregnant Before We Can Wed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 28, 2012
berem: It seems it has become a new trend for some men to request for their spouse to be to be pregnant fIrst before the proper marriage takes place.I have had the opportunity to ask about 20 yet to be married men and 15 of of them wants their wives to be to get pregnant first.I also asked them why they wanted it,I was shocked when they all said "I don't trust nigerian girls these days".
I have a cousin who is gonna be 34years by next year and she is not yet married.There is this guy she was introduced to for marriage but the man gave her condition that she must get pregnant first.My cousin being a very stubborn lady refused and said she will never get pregnant before marriage.Her mum has been worried because of her age and also being the first daughter.
My main worry now is that her mum wants me to advise her on what to do.Right now am confused.I don't know what kind of advice to give.Should I advise her to get pregnant or wait for the right time? Am really scared the guy might leave her if she refuses to get pregnant first.

Is your cousin a virgin? If yes, she has enough intergrity and the guy should respect her for that. If she's is not a virging, then what intergrity is she's protecting? Not being a virgin before marriage puts her in a tough situation.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by afangide(m): 3:50pm On Dec 28, 2012
amourpure: I have heard of Virgins that got married and could not conceive for several years. pregnancy before marriage does not Make sense to me, the woman might even loss the pregnancy or the baby after the marriage so what will the man do then?
Its just to confirm that your fiancee still have a fruitful womb, KAJIKWO?
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by faporori24: 3:50pm On Dec 28, 2012
vanstanzy: In Deut. 23, He says he will be cursed for ten generations for creating a bastard or for incest. A bastard is one conceived out of wedlock.

Nah there you dey go ask ya fada how dem born you i think you want hear the super story go learn no belle no marriage i cant marry Naija used TOKUNBO girls never BIKO
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by vanstanzy(m): 3:51pm On Dec 28, 2012
Okija_juju:

YES o!!

The number of Damaged goods walking around our c=society, calling themselves women are too much.. He will marry you, all he wants are babes.. Whats so hard in that..

Do you agree that he can divorce you should you fail to produce babies for him after marriage and you are not entitled to even the g-string on your waste as divorce settlement?! IF YES! Then sign a fhucking pre-nupt and lets get the marriage on!!

Women wan use Christianity cover up their faults.. This trend is not new, our fore fathers did it.. Infact, the groom was supposed to test the bride to verify she was a virgin before marriage sef back in the day.. If na today, many of una go die single..

Okija, because our fore-fathers did it doesn't mean it was ok. What they did then, they did out of Ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by vanstanzy(m): 3:54pm On Dec 28, 2012
faporori24:

Nah there you dey go ask ya fada how dem born you i think you want hear the super story go learn no belle no marriage i cant marry Naija used TOKUNBO girls never BIKO

Please urself then, but don't mention my parents, cos they ain't ur mates.
And if u'll answer a post with an insult, it'ld have been best if u just read and not post. What, u want to be heard? angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 28, 2012
vanstanzy:

Okija, because our fore-fathers did it doesn't mean it was ok. What they did then, they did out of Ignorance.

Huh? So what is is "ok"?
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by tomakint: 4:00pm On Dec 28, 2012
berem: It seems it has become a new trend for some men to request for their spouse to be to be pregnant fIrst before the proper marriage takes place.I have had the opportunity to ask about 20 yet to be married men and 15 of of them wants their wives to be to get pregnant first.I also asked them why they wanted it,I was shocked when they all said "I don't trust nigerian girls these days".
I have a cousin who is gonna be 34years by next year and she is not yet married.There is this guy she was introduced to for marriage but the man gave her condition that she must get pregnant first.My cousin being a very stubborn lady refused and said she will never get pregnant before marriage.Her mum has been worried because of her age and also being the first daughter.
My main worry now is that her mum wants me to advise her on what to do.Right now am confused.I don't know what kind of advice to give.Should I advise her to get pregnant or wait for the right time? Am really scared the guy might leave her if she refuses to get pregnant first.

You chose the right word 'trend'! It is fast becoming the in-thing in our contemporary times now! The fact is, if you think (to you ladies) you can trap that guy by becoming pregnant for him before marriage or after marriage I think you need to think again! Many guys are also using this method (unfortunately many Parents are involved in this 'contract scheme of marriage') to secure the ladies they want to marry, forgetting that it is only a woman that knows who is responsible for her pregnancy in the first place. If I must advice, marry her first then let pregnancy follows, impregnating her before marriage does not guarantee 'happy home' or secured marriage if I may put it that way.....I mean what do you imagine of a woman that gives birth before marriage only for her to lose her kids after 10 years into the marriage, a little obedience in the area of marriage will suffice at least based on Biblical teachings cool
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 28, 2012
chuksme: At 34 she is still making guy. she should wait until when it is 40. she is still young. when she miss this last Bus.she will be the one begging guy to come and pregnant her
dust
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by freecocoa(f): 4:01pm On Dec 28, 2012
Richvkunt:

Berem,
you be small pikin.
Talk about your self.
I know wetin I dey talk- some girls destroy their wombs and ability to concieve by engaging in more than 50 abortions/D&Cs before they clock 25 years of age.
Take it from some one who knows.
Smh 4 you.
You don't know anything.
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by mallorca(m): 4:02pm On Dec 28, 2012
ednut1: afta all d abortion una don do, most holy holy ere self don do abortion, as for me till u get pregnant no marriage and we must be nackin, cos me no like wahala of childlessness or dull sex life, which is responsible for high divorce in 9ja, most guys dat dont want sex are eida gay, importent or wit small willy beware
i like ur comment smiley
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by freecocoa(f): 4:04pm On Dec 28, 2012
payless:

Is your cousin a virgin? If yes, she has enough intergrity and the guy should respect her for that. If she's is not a virging, then what intergrity is she's protecting? Not being a virgin before marriage puts her in a tough situation.
Imagine talk o shocked.
So only virgins now have integrity or what? Y'all gatta be kidding me.
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by k2039: 4:06pm On Dec 28, 2012
tchidi: Dunno about others, but I have a strict 'no sex b4 marriage' rule!! If u can't wait till we r married, (not even traditionally sef, church!) Then back off! She should hold fast to her values! If he loves u, he'll love u even if u don't give him a child... My 2 cents sha! undecided

[color=soyouquotedme]The real marriage is the traditional marriage not church. [/color]

2 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by inuyasha01(m): 4:08pm On Dec 28, 2012
stillwater: By sleeping with the lady before marriage is he not contributing to this so-called 'waywardness'? Nigerian men are hypocrites! Freaking razz things.

so you are also calling ya father a razz thing. mtchewwwww.... go get a life
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by miteolu(m): 4:09pm On Dec 28, 2012
tchidi: Dunno about others, but I have a strict 'no sex b4 marriage' rule!! If u can't wait till we r married, (not even traditionally sef, church!) Then back off! She should hold fast to her values! If he loves u, he'll love u even if u don't give him a child... My 2 cents sha! undecided

Theory of no testing. Failure theory
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Mustymohd2: 4:09pm On Dec 28, 2012
to me any lady i Bleep b4 getin married, true 2 god i wont promise her hnd of married
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by tomakint: 4:11pm On Dec 28, 2012
Mustymohd2: to me any lady i Bleep b4 getin married, true 2 god i wont promise her hnd of married
...you got to stop the bleeping son before its too late, I see you marrying another 'seriously bleeped babe' if you think you are smart.....undecided

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 28, 2012
I don't know what your cousins priorities are. it seems she has other serious suitors lurking around and she considers the guy in question an unserious player who wants get in her pants. else I see know reason why she's yet to agree to his demands.
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Truckpusher(m): 4:12pm On Dec 28, 2012
I'm seriously searching for a woman that has been confirmed barren for life to get married to....is there anybody that can help me?
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by mallorca(m): 4:12pm On Dec 28, 2012
Nne, u don ask 20 yet to be married men&15 of them wants thier wife to be pregnant first,
good,add me to d list as no 16 because not dat i want her to be pregnant b4 wedding but we go born all our kids finish, infact na my first son go be my best man on my wedding day.marriage b4 sex my foot angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by 2sexy(m): 4:13pm On Dec 28, 2012
berem: my dear I don't know much about my cousin's affair because she isn't the type that talks about it.Apart from our stay together in school,we aren't close.it is almost a year I spoke to her last.Her mum is the one trying to put me in the middle of this mess and she is tryna involve her sister,my mum.even up till now my cousin hasn't told me anything.it was her mum who gave me the whole jist.am gonna pretend like I didn't hear anything till she herself tells me what's happening.but I fear for my cousin.Her introvert nature is really becoming worrisome.
hmmmm... I really fear for your cousin ooo.

What was she doing till she got to 34? I mean, that is the hook there. Her mother only concerned because of her age. If not, I dont think she would want to have anything to do with it.

No sane mother that will not be concerned or troubled. Is your cousin that ugly and what has she been doing with the men that came her way? At leat by 25,26,27,28,29, would she say she hasnt seen a serious suitor all this while?

I think she got herself into this mess and from what you said, not speaking about certain things is a killer. And now see what someone is doing to her. imagine! kai!
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Okijajuju1(m): 4:14pm On Dec 28, 2012
k2039:

[color=soyouquotedme]The real marriage is the traditional marriage not church. [/color]

BROS!! the matter tire me o!!

Talk about inferiority complex.. Oyinbo people sef wey carry the religion come meet us sef have grown past that church wedding crap.. They talk as if wedding for church na guarantee of a happy marriage life..
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by TableLeg(m): 4:15pm On Dec 28, 2012
Different strokes ... For me, i am open as long as the pregnancy is not obvious during the wedding ... I am cool with it or otherwise!
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 28, 2012
For me, its a NO.
I once had a friend dt was a victim of this preg thing.
She was a student of Unizik and fell in luv wit a guy based at Awka. The guy lives in a flat, fully equiped. You know men and their ways, he promised to marry her, before we knew wat was happening, she packed into d guy's house. I don't know wat happened, all I know is dt d guy went to d babe's house for introduction. After a while, she asked the guy wat is delaying d marriage proper, d guy said his family won't agree for him to marry her- being from another state dt the fastest way to do it is for her to get preg. She did. one months, 2 months, she dropped 4rm school. She asked d guy why d delay, the guys explanation was from one story to d other.
Then one sat, there was a knock on d door, a lady entered, looked her from head to toe and forcefully entered. It happened dt d guy was married and my friend had no knowledge of it. The lady finished d guy wit mouth. 'so this is d slut that makes u not to come home?' My friend was shocked beyond measure. She came wit d kids - 2 boys and a girl. The lady said she came to collect d children's sch fees. The man went inside, collected money and gave her. She turned and left.
This my friend was shocked beyond measure. The guy could not say anything. After recovering frm d shock, she went inside, packed her things and headed to her family house. She waited in d park till it was late before she sneaked home wit d preg. Her family accepted her, took care of her, and also made sure she went back to sch, though wit serious advise.

Sorry to bore u wit the story, bt the truth is dt any man dt tells u to do so has sumtin up his sleeves.He may have a wife somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by NEROSKY(m): 4:15pm On Dec 28, 2012
freecocoa: Some people and their ways of reasoning, smh.

Like many people have said on here, supposing she agrees to get pregnant, gets pregnant and losses the pregnancy, what happens then? He calls off the wedding or what?

Oh I get it, he just wants to make sure she still has a functional womb but its like he's forgotten that only God gives children when he wants and to whom he wants to, what if he has a problem and isn't able to impregnate a woman?(which he may not know)

There are just too many what ifs that we don't always have the answers to, that man is the one who needs to be talked to not even your cousin, if anything sef, I'd advice your cousin to have a serious thinking session about the kind of man she wants to marry.

hey young maama! Go get pregnant and get married...the man just wanted to be sure you can conceive..If you like make you loss the child who cares
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by k2039: 4:16pm On Dec 28, 2012
Okija_juju:

BROS!! the matter tire me o!!

Talk about inferiority complex.. Oyinbo people sef wey carry the religion come meet us sef have grown past that church wedding crap.. They talk as if wedding for church na guarantee of a happy marriage life..

[color=soyouquotedme]Gbam [/color]
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by 2sexy(m): 4:16pm On Dec 28, 2012
J12: I don't know what your cousins priorities are. it seems she has other serious suitors lurking around and she considers the guy in question an unserious player who wants get in her pants. else I see know reason why she's yet to agree to his demands.
I disagree. read the OP again and you will see where it was stated that she was introduced to someone mehn that is bad ! I dont even think thay even know about the interest of the other's party.
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by 50calibre(m): 4:18pm On Dec 28, 2012
mallorca:
Nne, u don ask 20 yet to be married men&15 of them wants thier wife to be pregnant first,
good,add me to d list as no 16 because not dat i want her to be pregnant b4 wedding but we go born all our kids finish, infact na my first son go be my best man on my wedding day.marriage b4 sex my foot angry angry angry angry

Guy you no be human being oh! I swear! You dey incredibly heartless and souless, infact you be a different specie of organisms homo wickedness.
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 28, 2012

meaning ur a virgin?i dey laugh...
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Okijajuju1(m): 4:19pm On Dec 28, 2012
SIMPLE RULES!!!

Tell your cousin to sign a PRENUPT saying that should she fail to carry belle after the wedding and its medically confirmed that its as a result of her fault, she would agree to a divorce with no financial settlement.. #SIMPLE!!!
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by dapo338(m): 4:20pm On Dec 28, 2012
There are lots of what u should do 2gether before getting married, If u ain't compatible before marriage, u can never be except God's intervention....... I beleive couples should know everything abt his or her partner before getting married.... What if she or he's not ur type in bed, and u never had the chance to know that before marriage..that is when the husband looks outside for a better partner in bed...... If u want to do anything in life, do it with ur senses.
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by 2sexy(m): 4:22pm On Dec 28, 2012
Okija_juju: SIMPLE RULES!!!

Tell your cousin to sign a PRENUPT saying that should she fail to carry belle after the wedding and its medically confirmed that its as a result of her fault, she would agree to a divorce with no financial settlement.. #SIMPLE!!!
GBAM! case closed.!
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by JamesLucia: 4:22pm On Dec 28, 2012
a guy asked my cousin to get preg befor marriage she did n d man dumped her.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK / Check Out This Adorable Four Generation Photoshoot / My Mother Is At War With Me Help!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.