Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,763 members, 7,851,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:14 AM

Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices - Phones (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices (180979 Views)

Simple Guide For Airtel BlackBerry Plans On Non-bb Devices / Airtel BB Plans On Non BB Phones(updated) / Airtel Ng Officially Launches New Blackberry Plans. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 6:29am On Feb 06, 2013
otokx: how do you buy the new plan when the old one has not expired i am using comonth so how do i do that?
Just buy another plan of the same family you are currently using before it expire and all the volume remaining in the old plan will be rolled into the new one.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 6:37am On Feb 06, 2013
civomed:

Wow! She must have gone through and endured lots of pains , but I believe she's in a better place now with the saints .No matter how old or young a beloved is ,it is not an easy task letting go of their memories and their love and affection we enjoyed during their life time . May our lord almighty strenthen you, your brothers and sisters physically and spiritually , amen .It is well in Jesus name .
Thank you very much for the encouragement.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 7:01am On Feb 06, 2013
Dontripsy: Bro OSAS. am so sorry for ur loss.pls accept my condolence. theLord is ur strength.

I subscribed to the coweek plan yesternight. Still pending till this moment. Loving the speed tho. hope it stays pending.

About the hotspot ish. i use a windows phone but frm what i knw, u cant use bb hotspot with bis.
Thank you very much.
Well, when I subscribed to Somonth yesterday, it was activated within 3 hours. You need to check now if your plan is already activated.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by jujukemist(m): 8:31am On Feb 06, 2013
Morning guys, hey I am trying to subscribe to Somonth, i am getting; sorry an error occured.kindly try again latet. pls any idea whats going on
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 9:23am On Feb 06, 2013
jujukemist: Morning guys, hey I am trying to subscribe to Somonth, i am getting; sorry an error occured.kindly try again latet. pls any idea whats going on
What method are you trying to use? Is it SMS or USSD? Get back please. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Xandulyn(m): 10:50am On Feb 06, 2013
jujukemist: Morning guys, hey I am trying to subscribe to Somonth, i am getting; sorry an error occured.kindly try again latet. pls any idea whats going on
Exactly, this is what I'm facing. I had the same problem last night. When I tried to re-activate my CoMonth I got the same message. I don't know what is wrong.
Again, I'm still confused as to what plan is the best; SoMonth or CoMonth? Both are 3G/mo or Unlimited which ever comes first. And at N1200 and 1400 respectively.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by semid4lyfe(m): 12:44pm On Feb 06, 2013
Started using the GLO Co-month BIS with my PC via an Etisalat modem 4 days ago and it's been smooth sailing.

Problem is, anytime I send Status to 777 to check my data balance, I get a reply with unreadable ineligible characters

Is this becos I'm using an Etisalat modem? Are those using Glo Modems also experiencing this?

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by DarkDrill(m): 2:49pm On Feb 06, 2013
semid4lyfe: Started using the GLO Co-month BIS with my PC via an Etisalat modem 4 days ago and it's been smooth sailing.

Problem is, anytime I send Status to 777 to check my data balance, I get a reply with unreadable ineligible characters

Is this becos I'm using an Etisalat modem? Are those using Glo Modems also experiencing this?

I also get the same thing too on my GLO modem. I am on my 3rd subscription in 5 days of soweek/coweek plans. I am starting to think this is not a 'cheat' but just the inability of the GLO servers to send messages on time. When I put it on my HTC phone, the status to 777 shows clearly.

You may have to swap devices to check you balance after some intervals. I suspect this has something to do with the sim cards.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Francheezy(m): 2:51pm On Feb 06, 2013
semid4lyfe: Started using the GLO Co-month BIS with my PC via an Etisalat modem 4 days ago and it's been smooth sailing.

yh...eti m0dem iz d c0s
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Ekennovative(m): 4:44pm On Feb 06, 2013
Dontripsy:

just follow the steps on page1 to subscribe and then connect ur phone using cable or bluetooth. use blackberry.net as apn.

sorry bro, but I couldn't locate the settings. I'm using a nokia phone....can i browse on my phone with it and also browse on my laptop using pc suite?
Just give me the steps to go about it bro, thanks in advance.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:08pm On Feb 06, 2013

It could be with your language settings.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Ekennovative(m): 8:14pm On Feb 06, 2013
Abeg make person answer me naa, if I just change my apn to blackberry.net on my nokia phone, will I be able to use the Glo BIS subscription?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:22pm On Feb 06, 2013
Ekennovative: Abeg make person answer me naa, if I just change my apn to blackberry.net on my nokia phone, will I be able to use the Glo BIS subscription?
Yes! Yes!! and Yes!!!
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Ekennovative(m): 8:52pm On Feb 06, 2013
luluosas:
Yes! Yes!! and Yes!!!

thanks, let me try it.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Ekennovative(m): 9:24pm On Feb 06, 2013
#Long Story#
Just rushed to buy #1,200 glo credit. When I came back and inserted my long abandoned glo sim, I got this response "Sim Card Registration Failed!" . This is horrible men, till tomorrow then, good night friends.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 10:51pm On Feb 06, 2013
Ekennovative:

thanks, let me try it.
You are welcome.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by twinskenny(m): 10:53pm On Feb 06, 2013
Francheezy:
yh...eti m0dem iz d c0s

you need to use your fone to check ur data balance
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 10:57pm On Feb 06, 2013
Ekennovative: #Long Story#
Just rushed to buy #1,200 glo credit. When I came back and inserted my long abandoned glo sim, I got this response "Sim Card Registration Failed!" . This is horrible men, till tomorrow then, good night friends.
So long the recharge cards are still intact, no problems.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by civomed: 5:50am On Feb 07, 2013
@ all in the house : please has anybody tried blackberry .net setting using the blackberry subscription on samsung galaxy tablet ( android operating system ) and did it work ? Please ,kindly reply as I was just wondering if it would work on tablets with 3g using sim cards . Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 6:52am On Feb 07, 2013
luluosas:
Yes! Yes!! and Yes!!!

civomed: @ all in the house : please has anybody tried blackberry .net setting using the blackberry subscription on samsung galaxy tablet ( android operating system ) and did it work ? Please ,kindly reply as I was just wondering if it would work on tablets with 3g using sim cards . Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:24am On Feb 07, 2013
Wow! I just connected my laptop to the Galaxy Y Pro, which I collected yesterday from Glo, using Hotspot on my Somonth BB plan. Men, it is awesome as the speed is 1,000 times better than using my Glo Bolt Modem.
On the hotspot, I have 54.0Mbps connection speed, the same thing with the wireless network in our office, while the Bolt Modem usually shows 236.8Kbps. This is indeed good news to me as this is my very first Smart phone experience in my life.
Although the speed test conducted is nothing to write home about but, pages loads faster and quicker while connecting through the hotspot on the Galaxy Y Pro phone, than when using my Bolt modem. Therefore, on the average, the Hotspot just won.

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by civomed: 10:06am On Feb 07, 2013
civomed: @ all in the house : please has anybody tried blackberry .net setting using the blackberry subscription on samsung galaxy tablet ( android operating system ) and did it work ? Please ,kindly reply as I was just wondering if it would work on tablets with 3g using sim cards . Thank you.

Please, iam still awaiting response to the above question as to wether anyone has used the glo bb plan on a galaxy tablet operating on android operating system. Thanks.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by chakaz(m): 12:39pm On Feb 07, 2013
civomed:

Please, iam still awaiting response to the above question as to wether anyone has used the glo bb plan on a galaxy tablet operating on android operating system. Thanks.
Someone answered you by quoting a post that reads 'yes, yes and yes'. So, the answer to your question is YES. Just change you APN to blackberry.net, no port, no username and no password.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by aieromon(m): 1:10pm On Feb 07, 2013
It works fine. Move over,Airtel.

Thanks luluosas
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Ekennovative(m): 1:14pm On Feb 07, 2013
Wow....all thanks to you all. I'm currently using the Glo BIS, but my problem is that when ever I send status to 777, I'll be told that my subscription is pending approval. But i'm browsing with it. Is there any other way that I can check my data status or will they later approve it?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Ekennovative(m): 1:25pm On Feb 07, 2013
special thanks to luluosas smileyspecial thanks to luluosas

1 Like

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 07, 2013
This thing better last ooo. Because i just subscribed.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 4:24pm On Feb 07, 2013
walestrings: This thing better last ooo. Because i just subscribed.
This is the normal Glo BB subscription plan and in as much Glo will continue to offer BB service on their network, it has therefore come to stay. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 4:26pm On Feb 07, 2013
Ekennovative: special thanks to luluosas smileyspecial thanks to luluosas
Thank you for trusting our efforts.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 4:30pm On Feb 07, 2013
Ekennovative: Wow....all thanks to you all. I'm currently using the Glo BIS, but my problem is that when ever I send status to 777, I'll be told that my subscription is pending approval. But i'm browsing with it. Is there any other way that I can check my data status or will they later approve it?
You in already but, browsing ffrrreeeeeee until your subscription is activated by 777. Good luck and enjoy.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 4:54pm On Feb 07, 2013
aieromon: It works fine. Move over,Airtel.

Thanks luluosas
OK. Keep on enjoying your browsing
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 5:04pm On Feb 07, 2013
aieromon: It works fine. Move over,Airtel.

Thanks luluosas
Once more, I hope you will invite others into this discovery here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (102)

Android, Anyone? / The Galaxy A Series! / How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.