Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? (8376 Views)

10 Reasons Women Stick With Men That Beat Them... No 9 Will shock You! / Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? / What's With Men And Their 'Cheating Nature'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by amyg(f): 4:15am On Dec 23, 2012
Its ok 2 have hobbies/interests but I just wonder y men dedicate so much time 2 football/wrestling even@d xpense of their r/ship.sometimes I feign interest in d football 4 my guy's sake buh after 5mins,I find out I was just starring@d telly cos am just lost in d whole game(I don't understand wots going on dr).lol
Is it just me/ur addiction?
Guys,let me hear u
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by kevoh(m): 5:20am On Dec 23, 2012
There is nothing wrong, it is just the way men have been programmed to be.The adreanaline, the excitement, the tussle for superiority on the pitch or in the ring e.t.c.

Haba,watching a wrestling bout of 10 mins or football match of 2hrs won't kill your relationship na.

Please let your man watch his football or wrestling ooo, don't go changing the chanel or grumbling.Just sit with him and learn to like his favourite team/wrestler he will love you the more.

4 Likes

Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by k2039: 5:51am On Dec 23, 2012
What Is It With Women And Fashion?.

20 Likes

Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by sunnyeinstein(m): 6:38am On Dec 23, 2012
k2039: What Is It With Women And Fashion?.

At least we men tolerate your 6hours of make-up for a 1hour event! So pls dnt grumble/complain

7 Likes

Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by IZUKWU(m): 6:40am On Dec 23, 2012
I love football and am sorry there is nothing any woman can do about except endure it or walk but wrestling is not my thing . I remember the first time i took my gf @ youth service out in 2009, and man u /barca match ,champions league final was on,it was till after the match that i paid full attention to my date though she didn't pick offence said her brothers are like that.

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by Mynd44: 6:41am On Dec 23, 2012
kevoh: There is nothing wrong, it is just the way men have been programmed to be.The adreanaline, the excitement, the tussle for superiority on the pitch or in the ring e.t.c.

Haba,watching a wrestling bout of 10 mins or football match of 2hrs won't kill your relationship na.

Please let your man watch his football or wrestling ooo, don't go changing the chanel or grumbling.Just sit with him and learn to like his favourite team/wrestler he will love you the more.
Men are not programmed that way dude. Society, home and peers decide for the child and so the male child follows. A child who has a senior brother who is crazy about them is likely to like it too.

Me for example, everyone in my house plays chess and so, I was taught chess and I played it at home and eventually liked it. I was not given a choice to like it or not.

NB: I hate goth Football and wrestling so no one should come and say all men loves it

7 Likes

Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by larrymoore(m): 6:46am On Dec 23, 2012
sunnyeinstein:

At least we men tolerate your 6hours of make-up for a 1hour event! So pls dnt grumble/complain
6hours n more.
@op, men are naturally created to be attracted to physical challenges. So what men can do, women should nt bother. Or do u want to tap palm wine?

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 23, 2012
I love watching wrestling and am not a man smiley

6 Likes

Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by larrymoore(m): 7:55am On Dec 23, 2012
ceewai lebi: I-love-watching-wrestling-and-am-not-a-man smiley
are u sure?
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 23, 2012
I love watchn football and wrestling alot.

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by AtheistD(m): 8:38am On Dec 23, 2012
Exactly.

We go shopping with our other halves and we spend numerous hours buying everything and anything. We get home and when I want to quickly see the match highlights (a match we could have watched live if not for the shopping spree) she starts grumbling.

Women. shocked
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by Andrew3(m): 8:41am On Dec 23, 2012
I hate wrestling. angry angry angry
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by larrymoore(m): 9:08am On Dec 23, 2012
Graphy: I love watchn football and wrestling alot.
u lied. Each time l wanted to watch football, u ar always craving 4 nigerian movies. Joke!
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 23, 2012
larrymoore: u lied. Each time l wanted to watch football, u ar always craving 4 nigerian movies. Joke!
LOL
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by larrymoore(m): 9:48am On Dec 23, 2012
Graphy: LOL
no bi so?
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 23, 2012
larrymoore: no bi so?
dats a big fat lie.
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by REDBULL1(m): 9:53am On Dec 23, 2012
she spends 4 hrs @ the salon making her hair, while I sit there, trying to be a good boyfriend.

Last time she asked me to follow her to the hairdresser's, i told her i had menstrual cramps and couldnt go! Lol

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by larrymoore(m): 10:00am On Dec 23, 2012
Graphy: dats a big fat lie.
u kmw l dont lie, we can only settle this if u agree to watch football wit me n nt home movies again
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by amyg(f): 12:40pm On Dec 23, 2012
Most times I v 2 steal soccer updates from front page just 2 make him happy.anyways,he invites me 2 watch football with him,he watches while I smile and NL/ping.we r happy
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by drnoel: 12:51pm On Dec 23, 2012
amyg: Its ok 2 have hobbies/interests but I just wonder y men dedicate so much time 2 football/wrestling even@d xpense of their r/ship.sometimes I feign interest in d football 4 my guy's sake buh after 5mins,I find out I was just starring@d telly cos am just lost in d whole game(I don't understand wots going on dr).lol
Guys,let me hear u
but u didn't complete the list, there are other sports like: Basketball, hockey, ice hockey, american football, rugby, to name a few. Have also met men that love computer games, video games e.t.c. The two stuffs u mentioned are not the only vices men have. I for one am not really into wrestling and I may watch football but am not crazy about it.
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by tintingz(m): 12:56pm On Dec 23, 2012
i dont really watch football and wrestling it get boring tho am a fan of a club. . .

Buh watching music videos and movies hmm. . .i love it smiley
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 23, 2012
OP, I think its nature's making. Remember, when we were still kids, naturally the girl-child will prefer mom to get her a female teddy to carry and cater for as her baby, while the male-child prefers mom or dad to buy him a gun, football and games. You see? Even at kiddies age, nature already programmed each gender's likes n dislikes.

But then, just as I cannot sit down to watch a movie (especially romance film) for ten minutes, I think same way, most ladies can't sit for a minute to watch football, boxing and other sports, except few who grew up in midst of guys or got groomed and inspired by a man.

Btw o, football is so sweet...u mean u dnt enjoy Barcelona's tic-tac soccer? Wow! U must be missing so much op...try harder n develop passion for it n u will end up disliking movies

7 Likes

Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 23, 2012
^ girls can NEVER dislike movies undecided

@topic the same way you complain about men spending time watching these sports is the same way we feel when you girls spend 6hrs in a store and at the end you get a pantyhose or you make time complaining to the hairdresser killing time for 6 hrs just to make your hair (still find this a little bit weird)

this is a 2way thing but the fact is that you girls want attention more than we can give to you. you don't see us complaining, do you? cos we've come clean with the reality that that's the little bit we sacrifice in a relationship and that's more than we bargain for but you know we put on a good face.

so I say this is 2hrs too much to ask?

P.S I won't be caught dead watching that acting shït they call wrestling. I'll rather watch nollywood action movies undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 23, 2012
larrymoore: are u sure?
yes naw grin

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by larrymoore(m): 6:32pm On Dec 23, 2012
ceewai lebi: yes-naw grin
so which sport do u partake physical, because we ve female games by jan in lasgidi
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 26, 2012
larrymoore: so which sport do u partake physical, because we ve female games by jan in lasgidi
None oh,bur i used 2 play hand ball back then in school*Memories* cheesy
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by shizzle11(m): 11:46am On Dec 26, 2012
amyg: Its ok 2 have hobbies/interests but I just wonder y men dedicate so much time 2 football/wrestling even@d xpense of their r/ship.sometimes I feign interest in d football 4 my guy's sake buh after 5mins,I find out I was just starring@d telly cos am just lost in d whole game(I don't understand wots going on dr).lol
Guys,let me hear u

Same thing that is with women and box office movies/films. As long as we guys don't complain Ɣ☺ΰ watch too much movies, then please leave us enjoy our football matches in peace.
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by amyg(f): 12:53pm On Dec 26, 2012
We r always ready 2 pull out wen u need our attention buh u won't do d same cry

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 27, 2012
@amgy: Ladies watch soap operas, romantic comedies, fairy tale movies.... Guys don't like that! A male is different from a female - that is nature!

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by stagger: 3:20pm On Dec 27, 2012
I am naturally an adrenaline driven person. That is why I love football and real combat sports like boxing and the MMA/UFC.

My wife cannot understand my passion for football just the way I can't understand why she loves these romance based films. I hate those films and I am more into action flicks.

It is just how we are. The passion, the drive to defeat the other person, to come out on top. That is the outlet for our testosterone. When I play football, I am usually thrilled when I deliver a good tackle that makes an impression on my opponent. I like it rugged.

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 27, 2012
These days women enjoy these stuffs more than men.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

HOT! 10 Reasons Why Curvy Girls Are Absolutely Great In Bed / Should Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? / Braless Lady Blasted For Dancing With Her Chest (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.