Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; (5193 Views)

Who Is Your Favourite Pastor In Terms Of Message Delivering? / WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing / Even More Anonyism! There Is No Good Without Reward!! Christian Logic Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 25, 2012
Typical....christians running away from the point of the thread. Anony agrees with this nonsense;

Hope Truthisliight isnt of the same theology sad
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by truthislight: 10:52am On Dec 25, 2012
honeychild:
He is God because He created the earth and all that is in it. Unlike a lot of Christians here, I do not believe God has promised that he will protect his worshippers completely from every misfortune.

Early in man's history, God was accused of employing bribery to get Humans to worship him.

Satan: Does Job fear God for nothing? You have blessed him and protected him......threaten a man's life and see if he will not curse You to Your face. - Job chapter 1 & 2.

So to put that accusation to rest God will not protect his Servants from calamity. They have to go through what every other person goes through.

1Corinthians 10: 13-15:
No temptation ( or test ) has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tried beyond what you can bear. But when you are tested he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

So what God promises his worshippers is the FORTITUDE to endure tragedy... not protection from all tragedy.

wao!

Am speechless.

This is the bottom truth.

My concern is, why is it that christiandom dont teach this bible truth?

But teaches protection and all the rest, even when all the apostles were kill?
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 25, 2012
truthislight:

wao!

Am speechless.

This is the bottom truth.

My concern is, why is it that christiandom dont teach this bible truth?

You are really sick. If I were a christian, I would touch Job with a ten foot pole.

How can you call that the truth?

Job's family was murdered just to test his faith and you are saying that is the truth? Should your mother, wife and children be killed to test your faith?

Isnt that the point of the thread? To stop christians from preaching sadistic doctrines?

1 Like

Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by truthislight: 10:57am On Dec 25, 2012
Atheist:-D:

shocked

So if I was a loving, caring, god fearing Xtian but shared the same class as a devil worshipper I stand the risk of being punished for the demon worshippers sins? Is this fair? If not then God is not just.

Whatever Adam and Eve did is irrelevant!!!!! Christ died to wash away our sins and hence this should not apply.
your ^^^ twisting words to deceive you mind.

Did you not read that time and unforseen occurances befalls all humans?
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by truthislight: 11:01am On Dec 25, 2012

If so then now I know why a lot Xtians in Nig rely on rhe double dutch style of spiritual protection.... God and other fetish things combined grin

now you are talking.

People/religion no longer represent God and what the bible teaches.

The pastor are busy telling people decorated lies.
And those lies are what majority of people want to hear.
*rut Indeed!
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by truthislight: 11:15am On Dec 25, 2012

So God does not punish ppl on earth?? What about Sodom and Gomorrah?

Isnt God responsible by design for all things? Can God not protect his beloved flock? If not then the bible is false. If He can then how do you explain the deaths of believers in these type of situations?

In regards to Christ washing away our sins.... that was 2000 years ago!!!!! At one point will we start enjoying the rewards

In summation, you are stating that Xtians are no better off or worse in the physical sense than their counterparts. In this world they are just as susceptible as anyone else to harm, illness etc. That appears to be correct. So how do you explain the bibles stance that God protects us in this earth from harm? Also, so many pastors offer protection through prayer etc. Why bother if it will not work?

the reward of God after the revelation of Jesus christ is everlastig life in God's kingdom.

That you go back and take the promises of God to the Nation of Israel befor the coming of christ is your decision.

If you decide to go back to take things and activity of God that was meant to serve as a parttant for us to mirror the mind of God and his Judgement befor the coming of christ is is your call.

That you wish to go back to the confrontation between Yahweh and nation under satan while he was protecting Israel then is your call.

That he decided to show who the almighty God is in the past to show the whole world is your call.

This girl has done marvellously well using the bible and not human philosophy.

The truth they say is always bitter.
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by truthislight: 11:22am On Dec 25, 2012

I dont understand the bolded part. How has the world gone crazy? Has God lost control? Is the world any less crazy than it was 1000 or 2000 years ago... or even 50 years ago?

In regards to your 3 points can we be sure the righteous received these warnings? How do we know they didnt respond? There is no way to know these things. Again in the bible God mentioned to Abraham that he would never destroy a city if it had up to 1 righteous person there. That can be expressed to mean any natural disaster would only claim the lives of the non righteous. Does that mean that all those who died in hurricane Katrina etc were non righteous?

Not good enough a description. If I was mentally unstable and you gave me the knife you would be held accountable. We are so different in intellect, ages, religious backgrounds etc that clearly no one law/rule can ever fit all. If God designed me to be an Atheist then I would end up being one. Why would I be punished for something I was designed to be? How can a designer be absolved from the flaws of their design?

"And we know that we originate with God, but the whole world is in the power of the wicked one" (1 John 5:19).

What did you think happen, in the garden of eden when God left adam and eve?

Did God went after them outside the Garden and started helping them?

Then why did he chased them out in the first place?
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by truthislight: 11:27am On Dec 25, 2012
wiegraf:

I just want you to note, I don't recall any talking snake encouraging me to eat any fruits. What sort of petty, vengeful creature would condemn a race of beings he created himself for eating....fruits? Whatever that is supposed to metaphorically mean, ie, if you want to pull a buzugee. I thought they were supposed to be good for you and nutritious. Or was he saving it for himself and that just happened to be the only tree availabele? Add onto that that the god is also supposedly omnipotent and omniscient.

Lol

"Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?" (Romans 6:16).

It is imaterial what you think.

Your father can only bequithe to to his children what he has and not what he does not have.

Adam is our father according to the bible and not according to you.
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by truthislight: 11:35am On Dec 25, 2012

Me neither. I never met no talking snake (or any snake for that matter).

Also, Adams sins are irrelevant because Christ died to wash our sins away. This means no sin from Adam is acting on us. The only problem is that we are still waiting for the washing away of the sins to take effect..... after 2000 years shocked

Jesus death only open up a relationship and communication with that God that abandon your parent Adam and eve in eden.

With this apotunity you can have a part of the benefit that will result when that God reexterblish contact with man again.

"And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband,
"And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God,
"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." (Revelation 21:2-4)

Just dont miss out on that ^^^
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by truthislight: 11:40am On Dec 25, 2012
wiegraf:

Omnipotent and omniscient as he is, thereby being aware of what was predestined, he lets all this happen. And apparently claims he's washed his hands off them. He then he proceeds to flood their descendents. Seems to me like satan was only pointing out to them that their creator was insane

where did you see the word omniscience in the bible and where is such definition in the bible.

Dont define God and go ahead to fixe him into your context.

Next is predestination of all things, i dont think so.

Do you think you are in God's image and rational, but yet he God is irrational?
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by truthislight: 11:41am On Dec 25, 2012
honeychild:

In every single instance in Scripture where God has brought about a punishment upon a people he always gave an opportunity for a warning to be sounded. Read the Bible it's there.

When God was talking to Abraham they were discussing God's plan to destroy a particular city. Abraham was concerned about his nephew Lot who was living there. He pleaded with God and God promised Him he would spare Sodom if he could find five righteous people there. When the angels got to Sodom, they told Lot to go into the city and see if some people would believe Lot and escape with him....no one did.

In summary the destruction of Sodom was not a natural disaster. God was bringing judgement upon a wicked people after making provision for those who trust Him to escape. God does not cause natural disasters. They are accidents that occur in a world that has chosen independence from God.

and also a partan was set for us in the bible based on the action he took then.
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by truthislight: 11:43am On Dec 25, 2012
musKeeto: Doesn't free will negate predestination?

predestination of all men is not consistent with the bible teaching.
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by truthislight: 11:45am On Dec 25, 2012
honeychild:

You did not understand my illustration. The knife here signifies free will. Everyone decides how he wants to live his life. You cannot blame God if your neighbour decides to use his in a way that is detrimental to you.

yes if his neighbour decides to use his free will the way he likes without regards for the manual provided by the "manufacturer"
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by truthislight: 11:52am On Dec 25, 2012
musKeeto:

Romans 8:
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[i] have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

that word predestined you see there is a choice of word by the translators.

Other translation used the word foreknow.

Meaning that he God has foreknow with his fore knowledge that he will chose individual to rule with his son right from the beginning.

Though he he did make this plan and it will be so, he did not fixed any particular person into it but people will fit into that plan with their choices/freewill in life as they hear about what christ has done.

What he did was predetermind that it will be a specific number of people and not the "particular individual" person/persons.
Peace
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by truthislight: 11:54am On Dec 25, 2012
Logicboy03: Typical....christians running away from the point of the thread. Anony agrees with this nonsense;

Hope Truthisliight isnt of the same theology sad

impossible!!!
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by truthislight: 11:58am On Dec 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

You are really sick. If I were a christian, I would touch Job with a ten foot pole.

How can you call that the truth?

Job's family was murdered just to test his faith and you are saying that is the truth? Should your mother, wife and children be killed to test your faith?

Isnt that the point of the thread? To stop christians from preaching sadistic doctrines?

"So went Satan forth from the presence of the LORD, and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown." (Job 2:7).

Is this ^^^ Yahweh striking Job or the one that said that human will never obey God and his ways as to proved his point?
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 25, 2012
truthislight:

"So went Satan forth from the presence of the LORD, and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown." (Job 2:7).

Is this ^^^ Yahweh striking Job or the one that said that human will never obey God and his ways as to proved his point?

Satan asked God and God agreed.

Dont lie.

Either just avoid th story of Job or admit that you're a sadist like Anony
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by wiegraf: 8:23pm On Dec 25, 2012
truthislight:

"And we know that we originate with God, but the whole world is in the power of the wicked one" (1 John 5:19).

What did you think happen, in the garden of eden when God left adam and eve?

Did God went after them outside the Garden and started helping them?

Then why did he chased them out in the first place?

What does this mean? It says right they ate a fruit, no?
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by wiegraf: 8:30pm On Dec 25, 2012
truthislight:

where did you see the word omniscience in the bible and where is such definition in the bible.

Dont define God and go ahead to fixe him into your context.

Next is predestination of all things, i dont think so.

Do you think you are in God's image and rational, but yet he God is irrational?

The very vast majority of you xtians claim god is omniscient. This means predestination. It is all his will.

And you talk as if god exists. Where?
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by skyfall: 1:30am On Dec 26, 2012
@OP

I think anybody that believes in the quoted FB post is legally insane. Oh religion!

1 Like

Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by MrAnony1(m): 6:34am On Dec 26, 2012
Logicboy03: Typical....christians running away from the point of the thread. Anony agrees with this nonsense
Lol, you have not proven that I agree neither have you proven it is nonsense. All we got from you are the usual empty tirades but funny enough you expect folks to start arguing over something you thoughtlessly blurted out. SMH
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by frank317: 7:40am On Dec 26, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol, you have not proven that I agree neither have you proven it is nonsense. All we got from you are the usual empty tirades but funny enough you expect folks to start arguing over something you thoughtlessly blurted out. SMH

honestly speaking you are the one who has really said nothing in the past 4 pages. what do u think about the post? do u agree or not? if u agree with it, fine, arguement over. But if u dont, what is your own side of view?

Rather all i see is u asking the most stupid and annnoying question yet claiming u gat game. I am really dissapointed in you, i was hopin to learn from u on this becasue honestly this matter really bothers me as a christian. i was hoping your response would help me becasue i dont see why evil always happens and we find a way to make God look loving and good.

i lost my mum and he watched her die even after all the prayers, even after all her faith, even after hr confessing the she will live and do the work of the lord. today she is no more, i dont know where she is but i miss her like mad. yet God takes the glory, he has not done anything since then to console me and let me knoe why it was very important that he had to take her or allow the devil make me lose her.

you should thank God for @truthslight becasue he is the only that has said something meaningful while u have just been blabbing.

4 Likes

Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 26, 2012
frank3.16:

honestly speaking you are the one who has really said nothing in the past 4 pages. what do u think about the post? do u agree or not? if u agree with it, fine, arguement over. But if u dont, what is your own side of view?

Rather all i see is u asking the most stupid and annnoying question yet claiming u gat game. I am really dissapointed in you, i was hopin to learn from u on this becasue honestly this matter really bothers me as a christian. i was hoping your response would help me becasue i dont see why evil always happens and we find a way to make God look loving and good.

i lost my mum and he watched her die even after all the prayers, even after all her faith, even after hr confessing the she will live and do the work of the lord. today she is no more, i dont know where she is but i miss her like mad. yet God takes the glory, he has not done anything since then to console me and let me knoe why it was very important that he had to take her or allow the devil make me lose her.

you should thank God for @truthslight becasue he is the only that has said something meaningful while u have just been blabbing.

A honest christian shames Anony
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by mazaje(m): 11:25am On Dec 26, 2012
Logicboy03:

A honest christian shames Anony

Honest christians will always put people like anony to shame. . .

3 Likes

Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by advocate666: 11:28am On Dec 26, 2012
frank3.16:

There is NOTHING to learn from mr annoying.
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 26, 2012
advocate666:

There is NOTHING to learn from mr annoying.

lolz.....Anony's dubious tactics are exemplary!

He is so good at escaping logic! cheesy
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by MrAnony1(m): 1:08am On Dec 27, 2012
frank3.16:

Hmm..........First of all I wanna say I'm sorry about what happened to your mom. Sometimes when tragedy strikes us, it hurts so much and we ask questions of God and it feels like God is ignoring us. Trust me Frank, I've been there myself too. The sad thing is that when we feel the pain, it doesn't matter how many bible verses we throw at it, the thing just won't seem to make any sense.

The truth is that right from the start, we are God's creation and our existence is far more than mere bodily existence. Troubles, sickness and death have no power over us because once we know Him, we obtain eternal life. That by far outweighs whatever light afflictions we feel today.

Think about it, the hard truth is that whether you like it or not, given enough time if Jesus tarries, both you and me and logicboy and all our friends and family as well as everyone we know will all die at one point or the other in one way or another. And some people will still cry for us and some will question God as if we were meant to live on earth forever.

If all there is to us are our physical bodies and death is just a mere ceasing to exist, then what does it matter how we live our lives if at the end we all die anyway, what would it matter if we believe in God or not or if we were serial killers and mass murderers? If in the end we all just die, why do good to anyone? Why not just live for our own pleasure alone? Why sacrifice for others and make anyone else's life better if both you and the person you are helping will eventually die in the end?

The bible tells us that there is more to us than our physical bodies. Our souls are far much more important and that is who Christ really cares about. It is for the sake of our souls that Christ sacrificed His life. It doesn't profit us anything if we live in luxury all our lives and then in the end we lose our souls. Christ did not die to make our lives more comfortable. He died to give us something much more important than physical bodily pleasure. This is why Paul can say "for me to live is Christ and to die is gain."

God is not a stranger to our pain. There are things we may not understand today but on the last day we shall see God and everything will be made clear to us. Nothing can seperate us from the love He has for us. Not sickness, trials, hardship, not even death. God's love by far outweighs all.

Frank, as long as your mother believed in Him, then her death is not the end of the story. You can be comforted that she will resurrect to life on the last day to the glory of God.

1 Like

Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by advocate666: 1:13am On Dec 27, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Hmm..........First of all I wanna say I'm sorry about what happened to your mom. Sometimes when tragedy strikes us, it hurts so much and we ask questions of God and it feels like God is ignoring us. Trust me Frank, I've been there myself too. The sad thing is that when we feel the pain, it doesn't matter how many bible verses we throw at it, the thing just won't seem to make any sense.

The truth is that right from the start, we are God's creation and our existence is far more than mere bodily existence. Troubles, sickness and death have no power over us because once we know Him, we obtain eternal life. That by far outweighs whatever light afflictions we feel today.

Think about it, the hard truth is that whether you like it or not, given enough time if Jesus tarries, both you and me and logicboy and all our friends and family as well as everyone we know will all die at one point or the other in one way or another. And some people will still cry for us and some will question God as if we were meant to live on earth forever.

If all there is to us are our physical bodies and death is just a mere ceasing to exist, then what does it matter how we live our lives if at the end we all die anyway, what would it matter if we believe in God or not or if we were serial killers and mass murderers? If in the end we all just die, why do good to anyone? Why not just live for our own pleasure alone? Why sacrifice for others and make anyone else's life better if both you and the person you are helping will eventually die in the end?

The bible tells us that there is more to us than our physical bodies. Our souls are far much more important and that is who Christ really cares about. It is for the sake of our souls that Christ sacrificed His life. It doesn't profit us anything if we live in luxury all our lives and then in the end we lose our souls. Christ did not die to make our lives more comfortable. He died to give us something much more important than physical bodily pleasure. This is why Paul can say "for me to live is Christ and to die is gain."

God is not a stranger to our pain. There are things we may not understand today but on the last day we shall see God and everything will be made clear to us. Nothing can seperate us from the love He has for us. Not sickness, trials, hardship, not even death. God's love by far outweighs all.

Frank, as long as your mother believed in Him, then her death is not the end of the story. You can be comforted that she will resurrect to life on the last day to the glory of God.

The best non-reponse ever. grin grin grin Typical anonyism: avoid the question and answer something else.
Anony, this thread don open your ynash and will be saved for future reference.
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by Nobody: 2:02am On Dec 27, 2012
advocate666:

The best non-reponse ever. grin grin grin Typical anonyism: avoid the question and answer something else.
Anony, this thread don open your ynash and will be saved for future reference.

Lol, the guy is truly shameless grin grin
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by Nobody: 2:35am On Dec 27, 2012
Lawdy lawd.. Never has the title of a thread been so apt.
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by wiegraf: 4:19am On Dec 27, 2012
My condolences to you @frank if you read this. Ignore the rest of this post though, it's callous heathen stuff smiley

Back to anony, so, without god, this:

Mr_Anony:

hahahahahahaha

And yes, it is a bit of a non response. It has little to do with the matter at hand, which has to do with the presence of evil and general xtian selfishness when dealing with situations like these, ie, tragedies of the nature of the op. All you've said is trust in god, have more blind faith, etc. No answers. More sophistry...

1 Like

Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by Nobody: 4:23am On Dec 27, 2012
wiegraf: My condolences to you @frank if you read this. Ignore the rest of this post though, it's callous heathen stuff smiley

Back to anony, so, without god, this:

hahahahahahaha

And yes, it is a bit of a non response. It has little to do with the matter at hand, which has to do with the presence of evil and general xtian selfishness when dealing with situations like these, ie, tragedies of the nature of the op. All you've said is trust in god, have more blind faith, etc. No answers. More sophistry...

Frank is not the first christian on this thread to notice Anony's dubious nature. grin

Natural disasters and tragedy cant be explained by religion or theism. However, Anony being Anony, would never want to conced to atheists and then he forms all manners of sophistry with abstract concepts and special definitions to argue.

Anony, the master apologist! grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Church Growth And Business Boom Charm Works / Amazing Testimony Of Heaven, Hell And Todays Church / What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.