Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; (5191 Views)

Who Is Your Favourite Pastor In Terms Of Message Delivering? / WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing / Even More Anonyism! There Is No Good Without Reward!! Christian Logic Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Another empty personal attack from one of our resident mind-readers. Nothing new there.

lolz.....someone made a comment on your debating style based on your comments and now it is "mind readin" according to you?

How illogical
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by AtheistD(m): 10:21am On Dec 24, 2012
Err... to get back to the point...

I think the summation of logicboys thread is to clarify how xtians view such events. Is it Gods design or is it something else?

This is coming off the backdrop that God uses such events to punish, to teach lessons etc.

Also, how does this tie in with Gods statement to Abraham that He would never destroy a city if it had one righteous person in it (not a believer but righteous)?

I have a scenario in mind but I want to hear your suggestions.
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by MrAnony1(m): 10:23am On Dec 24, 2012
Logicboy03:
I made an accusation that your logic is no different from the Facebook post that was quite insensitive and moronic.
In your opinion

You went ahead to ask an irrelevant question.
I asked you a relevant question because I wanted to know whether in your opinion there is more to those children than their bodies or whether it is merely their bodies that their mothers lost.

This is what you said:
Logicboy03: .......How can one look at a mother who has lost children to a murderer, especially one who doesnt follow your religion or even believe in God that "it is all God's plan......

you have made a similar argument before and I will not even bother to play foolish games with your irrelevant questions
A question doesn't automatically become irrelevant because you declare it so. It is amusing how you want to make value judgments of the children's lives yet when asked a question that should help us evaluate this value, you run away from it.

I'll ask you once more:

In your opinion, is there more to those children than their physical bodies?
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Another empty personal attack from one of our resident mind-readers. Nothing new there.
In your own words, predictability means consistency. We are well aware of what to expect from you. What does mind reading have to do with what I posted?

Hopefully, this will be my final word.

Eccl. 3:19
Humans and animals have
the same destiny. One dies
just like the other. All of
them have the same breath
[of life]. Humans have no
advantage over animals.
All [of life] is pointless.

Lol.. Imagine if an atheist wrote this.
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by MrAnony1(m): 10:24am On Dec 24, 2012
Logicboy03:

lolz.....someone made a comment on your debating style based on your comments and now it is "mind readin" according to you?

How illogical
He was wrong
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by MrAnony1(m): 10:31am On Dec 24, 2012
musKeeto:
In your own words, predictability means consistency. We are well aware of what to expect from you. What does mind reading have to do with what I posted?
Let's just call it empty speculation then because that does not represent Anony at all.

Humans and animals have
advantage over animals.

Lol.. Imagine if an atheist wrote this.

I can imagine
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by MrAnony1(m): 10:38am On Dec 24, 2012
Atheist:-D:
Err... to get back to the point...

I think the summation of logicboys thread is to clarify how xtians view such events. Is it Gods design or is it something else?

This is coming off the backdrop that God uses such events to punish, to teach lessons etc.

Also, how does this tie in with Gods statement to Abraham that He would never destroy a city if it had one righteous person in it (not a believer but righteous)?

I have a scenario in mind but I want to hear your suggestions.
Look up Luke 13:1-5
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:
In your opinion

I asked you a relevant question because I wanted to know whether in your opinion there is more to those children than their bodies or whether it is merely their bodies that their mothers lost.

This is what you said:

A question doesn't automatically become irrelevant because you declare it so. It is amusing how you want to make value judgments of the children's lives yet when asked a question that should help us evaluate this value, you run away from it.

I'll ask you once more:

In your opinion, is there more to those children than their physical bodies?

You and your abstract nonsense again. Mothers lost children.

You know why your question is irrelevant? The mother's grief is what matters. So if some mothers are naturalist, some theists, some buddhists and some atheists their answers to your question would be different.

Asking such a question shows how insensitive and illogical you are to the problem at hand.

1 Like

Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by MrAnony1(m): 11:08am On Dec 24, 2012
Logicboy03:
You and your abstract nonsense again. Mothers lost children.

You know why your question is irrelevant? The mother's grief is what matters. So if some mothers are naturalist, some theists, some buddhists and some atheists their answers to your question would be different.

Asking such a question shows how insensitive and illogical you are to the problem at hand.
But I am not asking the mothers, I am asking you. Or was your kid one of the victims?
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by advocate666: 11:24am On Dec 24, 2012
After three pages, we have yet to see Anony declare his personal stance on such a strong accusation. Infact, the most we can deduce is that he actually agrees with the OP statement. In any case, he is not denying it.

My Anony, instead of asking useless rhetorical questions, you should at least declare where you stand vis-a-vis the massacre and the op statement.

2 Likes

Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:
But I am not asking the mothers, I am asking you. Or was your kid one of the victims?

My personal beliefs are irrelevant here. Very very irrelevant.

Please address the issue

advocate666: After three pages, we have yet to see Anony declare his personal stance on such a strong accusation. Infact, the most we can deduce is that he actually agrees with the OP statement. In any case, he is not denying it.

My Anony, instead of asking useless rhetorical questions, you should at least declare where you stand vis-a-vis the massacre and the op statement.
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by honeychild(f): 12:12pm On Dec 24, 2012

Logic boy has a point.

This is a stand most Xtians take on issues of calamity:

1) The devil is responsible or
2) It was the will of God

As everything is by Gods will and design it puts Xtians in a tight spot when calamity befalls ppl because no one wants to suffer unjustly and they have to find a means to defend this backlash of anger.
well that is not everyone's view. It is not even necessarily what the Bible teaches.
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by MrAnony1(m): 12:13pm On Dec 24, 2012
Logicboy03:

My personal beliefs are irrelevant here. Very very irrelevant.

Please address the issue

Oh on the contrary, your personal beliefs are very very relevant here. The moment you decided to accuse me, you set yourself up for questioning. I have asked you a question. The longer you evade it, the longer this thread will go.
You can either do us all a favour and answer the question or you can continue evading it and elongating the thread unnecessarily.
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by honeychild(f): 12:20pm On Dec 24, 2012
Logicboy03:

Fool. Sorry, you are a fool.

The claim I made was that this was applicable to Anony not all christians.

You are a fool. Please carry your ignorance away.
The title of your thread was: Anony's CHRISTIAN logic in terms of tragedy simplified. In the body of the thread you ask all CHRISTIANS to 're-evaluate' their faith based on what you quoted. I do not think I was being foolish for concluding that you assumed we all believed the same thing.
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Oh on the contrary, your personal beliefs are very very relevant here. The moment you decided to accuse me, you set yourself up for questioning. I have asked you a question. The longer you evade it, the longer this thread will go.
You can either do us all a favour and answer the question or you can continue evading it and elongating the thread unnecessarily.

Lol. Threat fail

Thank you very much for showing the insensitive and dubious person that you are.

It is clear that you are no different from the facebook poster. I have tried to keep you on focus in making a stance towards the facebook post. Keep asking your irrelvant question

Everyone by now should know my postion on death as an atheist.

I rest my case
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 24, 2012
honeychild:
The title of your thread was: Anony's CHRISTIAN logic in terms of tragedy simplified. In the body of the thread you ask all CHRISTIANS to 're-evaluate' their faith based on what you quoted. I do not think I was being foolish for concluding that you assumed we all believed the same thing.

Clearly, a mind without bias would have reasoned that I was telling christians to look at the ideas that come out from their christian faith as espoused by Anony and the facebook poster. Why would I have mentioned Anony in the title rather than just addrssing it to all christians? HMMM?
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by advocate666: 12:32pm On Dec 24, 2012
Thanks logicboy for exposing Anony for what he really is: A hypocrite who can't stand up to his beliefs when called upon.
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by MrAnony1(m): 12:41pm On Dec 24, 2012
Logicboy03:
Lol. Threat fail
no one threatened you

Thank you very much for showing the insensitive and dubious person that you are.
First silly accusation

It is clear that you are no different from the facebook poster.
Second silly accusation

I have tried to keep you on focus in making a stance towards the facebook post.
And i have likewise tried to keep you on focus by asking you a question that will help us understand what you are really trying to accuse me of.

Keep asking your irrelvant question
Keep evading my relevant question

Everyone by now should know my postion on death as an atheist.
Then why is it so hard to answer the question?

I rest my case
You never had a case
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 24, 2012
advocate666: Thanks logicboy for exposing Anony for what he really is: A hypocrite who can't stand up to his beliefs when called upon.

grin grin grin

He is oblivious to the fact that people can see through his BS and dubious nature.
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by rhowly(m): 12:56pm On Dec 24, 2012
[b]musKeeto

Humans and animals have
advantage over animals.

Lol.. Imagine if an atheist wrote this

You just stopped at verse 19,whatever happened to the rest especially verse 20 and 21
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by AtheistD(m): 1:01pm On Dec 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Look up Luke 13:1-5

Why dont you interpet it for me and explain your views? How does that sit with my discussion also?
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by advocate666: 1:01pm On Dec 24, 2012
rhowly:

You just stopped at verse 19,whatever happened to the rest especially verse 20 and 21

or the whole damned bible while you are at it.
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by AtheistD(m): 1:03pm On Dec 24, 2012
honeychild:
well that is not everyone's view. It is not even necessarily what the Bible teaches.

Ok. So what does the bible teach? The bible is open to multiple interpretations.

Also, there is an understanding that God is directly or indirectly responsible for all things. Is that true?
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by MrAnony1(m): 1:18pm On Dec 24, 2012

Why dont you interpet it for me and explain your views? How does that sit with my discussion also?
have you read it?
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by AtheistD(m): 1:39pm On Dec 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:
have you read it?

Yes.

I would prefer you post your interpretation with a good solid discussion afterwards.
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by MrAnony1(m): 1:41pm On Dec 24, 2012

Yes.

I would prefer you post your interpretation with a good solid discussion afterwards.
If you read it, what does it say about human tragedy to you?
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 24, 2012
Luke 13: 1-5
Repent or Perish
13 Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. 2 Jesus answered, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? 3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. 4 Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”

This Anony guy is an i.mbecile and Logicboy gives him too much attention.
More threats from his sky fairy about how everyone will die because the talking snake convinced the rib woman to eat that fruit..................so everyone is a sinner and everyone will die and mad men will shoot little kids to death because it's all in the plan of the yahweh and if you don't believe you will perish.
Two geniuses called Olaadegbu and Mr.Anony reiterate this all the time, so we should all kowtow to their concept of god.
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by advocate666: 1:48pm On Dec 24, 2012
Martian: Luke 13: 1-5
Repent or Perish
13 Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. 2 Jesus answered, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? 3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. 4 Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”

More threats from his sky fairy about how everyone will die because the talking snake convinced the rib woman tio eat that fruit.

I actually do believe that there is much more going on between Logicboy and Anony. They can't seem to get over each other. When is your next "theology" meeting? wink
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by MrAnony1(m): 1:54pm On Dec 24, 2012
Repent or Perish
13 Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. 2 Jesus answered, [b]“Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way?[/b]3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. 4 [b]Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? [/b]5 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”

More threats from his sky fairy about how everyone will die because the talking snake convinced the rib woman tio eat that fruit.
Oh how you missed the point.

Jesus is there clearly telling them that the tragedies that happened to people on earth is not because they are more sinful or more righteous than those to whom the tragedy didn't happen to but unless we come to God in repentance we will perish. In other words, repentance is the focus and not our earthly survival.

I am not surprised however that you saw "repent or perish" as a threat. It is usually said that how you respond to an admonition should tell you on which side of the law you are.

1 Like

Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by AtheistD(m): 2:29pm On Dec 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:
If you read it, what does it say about human tragedy to you?

What it says to me is irrelevant. I am not a practising Xtian (or a Xtian in that regard). So I am not bound by or neither do I live by any Xtian laws, ideals etc.

You however as a Xtian, are able to shed light on how such events are perceived.

So go ahead bro and answer my questions wink
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 24, 2012
Repent or Perish

More threats from his sky fairy about how everyone will die because the talking snake convinced the rib woman to eat that fruit..................so everyone is a sinner and everyone will die and mad men will shoot little kids to death because it's all in the plan of the yahweh and if you don't believe you will perish.
Two geniuses called Olaadegbu and Mr.Anony reiterate this all the time, so we should all kowtow to their concept of god.

LMAO....I have met him in person and so, I consider him a friend.

However, the guy is just like dinesh desouza. Oblivious to the fact that people can see his BS.

Instead of addressing the claims, he is asking irrelevant question.
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by plaetton: 2:33pm On Dec 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Death from a christian perspective is when the spirit of a person is separated from his/her body.

And I suppose you have a spirito-meter to detect when spirit has departed from the body?
I can hear a christian saying " No no, he is not dead yet, bring the spirito-meter and lets see if the spirit has departed" lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Deeper Life Set to Commissioned New Headquarter Building, Gbagada Lagos April 24 / God Never Makes Mistakes? Some Undeniable Mistakes From The Bible / How Church Growth And Business Boom Charm Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.