Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame (14987 Views)

Show Of Shame As Govt, Security Officials Turn Govt House To Boxing Arena / Chatham House: Stage Managed Show Of Shame By Buhari, APC – Fani Kayode / Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by free13: 11:51pm On Dec 24, 2012
Awo a man who carried out genocide.
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Afam4eva(m): 11:52pm On Dec 24, 2012
shymexx:

Is Gowon not from Northern Nigeria?? Who committed the pogroms and counter coup against Igbos??

And when in the history of separatism have separationists invaded neutral zones or the country's capital to fight their cause?? You dig deep in your region and organise good defences, not by creating more enmity - that's how great military strategists operate...

It's fvck the man and fvck you too(no disrespect)!
Gowon was a berom middlebelter and not hausa/Fulani, so what's your point? Besides Gowon was also blamed in that memoir but bling bigots like you guys will not see it. Out of the whole body of work, it's only Awo that ticked your fancy.
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Dede1(m): 11:54pm On Dec 24, 2012
coogar:

see this buffoon......
i refuse to engage someone who lost his virgnity to his dad in a discourse. it would take a millennium to operate on my intelligence frequency - you paraplegic centipede!

I guess you meant lower intelligence frequency in the above conjecture.
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by free13: 11:55pm On Dec 24, 2012
afam4eva:
Nairaland is not my competition as i'm part and parcel of this community and even if my website becomes more popular than facebook, i will still be on nairaland. Mine is an alternative.

It may also interest you to know that my website is barely a few months old and still open to growth. Rome was not built in a day. At least i'm putting my intellect aand creativity to use. What have you done with your life. Do you know how to make toothpick?

I thought you always supported the yoruba bigots.
Now they have abandoned you.
I hope from now you will stop licking their asses. (just hope you were not doing all that to become a MOD).
grin grin grin grin
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by DollyParton1(f): 11:56pm On Dec 24, 2012
afam4eva:
Gowon was a berom middlebelter and not hausa/Fulani, so what's your point? Besides Gowon was also blamed in that memoir but bling bigots like you guys will not see it. Out of the whole body of work, it's only Awo that ticked your fancy.

You need an explanation for that?
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by coogar: 11:58pm On Dec 24, 2012
Dede1:
I guess you meant lower intelligence frequency in the above conjecture.

dede1, go n sleep.
you are trying too hard to redeem yourself from your monumental grammatical goof. if only you had attended a proper nursery school, all these petty elementary mistakes would be absent in your missives. book an adult class - i would gladly pay for it! tongue
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 24, 2012
afam4eva:

He's not Berom, he's anga or whatever the tribe is... However, he was the face of the North and all Northerners contributed to whatever Igbos went through during that period... So, why not focus on them and leave people who had nothing to do with all your pre-1966-coup romance and the bitter aftermath?? And why not talk about the role Igbos played before and during the war with same venom?? Nah, the unrepentant tribalistic bigot had to play the blame game and look for the easiest scapegoat and it had to be Yoruba people(because they aren't confrontational)... He's a cowardly bigoted tribalist!!

Fvck the man - I bet he's happy he has created more divisions!!
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by MrGlobe(m): 11:59pm On Dec 24, 2012
Dolly-Parton:

You need an explanation for that?

if you are really female pls go make amala, tomorrow is Xmas. stop trolling
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Demdem(m): 12:01am On Dec 25, 2012
afam4eva:

It may also interest you to know that my website is barely a few months old and still open to growth. Rome was not built in a day. At least i'm putting my intellect aand creativity to use.

With a retaard like u at the helms of affairs, it will surely attract the goons of ur kind no doubt. Surely that was what it as designed for. Even bigot dey claim intellect cry what a joke.

What have you done with your life.

Exceeding well, beyond what i have ever envisaged for good grin grin

Do you know how to make toothpick?

Far beyond that. A product and service peeps deservedly pay for to enjoy cool

by the way, merry xmas. its time.
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Metalgoong(m): 12:02am On Dec 25, 2012
coogar:

the Nairaland recto-cranially inverted faggöt opens his gob again.....
i really dunno where I got the cojones to speak publicly after coming from a family tree as disgraceful as Bleep. My mother was a village slüt - a horse lover. i don't mean she loves horses - i mean she would literally let a horse fück her.

Gawd dammit!! . . Boy, what a pity!
So your mama has descended to the level of molesting innocent horses . .
Well, she should be hung and shot right away!! . . . The world will be a safer place for animals without her . . .
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Afam4eva(m): 12:03am On Dec 25, 2012
Demdem:
Far beyond that. A product and service peeps deservedly pay for to enjoy cool
Are you a jigolo?
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 12:03am On Dec 25, 2012
free13:

You lack proper home training and your future is bleak. *hopeless case*
tongue tongue tongue

You are too low life to be engaged ..fvck off ma face
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by MrGlobe(m): 12:07am On Dec 25, 2012
coogar:

dede1, go n sleep.
you are trying too hard to redeem yourself from your monumental grammatical goof. if only you had attended a proper nursery school, all these petty elementary mistakes would be absent in your missives. book an adult class - i would gladly pay for it! tongue

Here it is.
The 2012 prediction of the world ending is real.
when a no baked, empty skull, very nagative iqued charlatan who can barely make any single sense on nairaland with his mechanic English is talking about grammatical goof. Very weird. Everything is on nairaland.
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by advocate666: 12:07am On Dec 25, 2012
Jarus: For not being consulted before going public, I hereby tender my resignation as Nairaland Politics Section moderator.

Please delete my name from your list of moderators immediately.

Regards,

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

2 Likes

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Ivynwa(f): 12:07am On Dec 25, 2012
Legacy

Achebe has been called "the father of modern African writing",[134] and many books and essays have been written about his work over the past fifty years. In 1992 he became the first living author to be represented in the Everyman's Library collection published by Alfred A. Knopf.[177] His 60th birthday was celebrated at the University of Nigeria by "an international Who's Who in African Literature". One observer noted: "Nothing like it had ever happened before in African literature anywhere on the continent."[178]

Many writers of succeeding generations view his work as having paved the way for their efforts.[4] In 1982 he was awarded an honorary degree from the University of Kent. At the ceremony, professor Robert Gibson said that the Nigerian author "is now revered as Master by the younger generation of African writers and it is to him they regularly turn for counsel and inspiration."[179] Even outside of Africa, his impact resonates strongly in literary circles. Novelist Margaret Atwood called him "a magical writer – one of the greatest of the twentieth century". Poet Maya Angelou lauded Things Fall Apart as a book wherein "all readers meet their brothers, sisters, parents and friends and themselves along Nigerian roads".[180] Nelson Mandela, recalling his time as a political prisoner, once referred to Achebe as a writer "in whose company the prison walls fell down."[181]

Achebe is the recipient of over 30 honorary degrees from universities in England, Scotland, Canada, South Africa, Nigeria and the United States, including Dartmouth College, Harvard, and Brown University.[177] He has been awarded the Commonwealth Poetry Prize, an Honorary Fellowship of the American Academy of Arts and Letters (1982),[182] a Foreign Honorary Member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences (2002),[183] the Nigerian National Order of Merit (Nigeria's highest honour for academic work), the Peace Prize of the German Book Trade.[184] The Man Booker International Prize 2007 [185] and the 2010 Dorothy and Lillian Gish Prize.[186] are two of the more recent accolades Achebe has received.

Above is the achievement of a man on whom venoms are being spilled here. His works and achievements have been written on the sand/tablet of time and all the energy being wasted here castigating him makes no difference. Ivynwa fans herself and exits the thread disturbed over the fate of Nigeria

10 Likes

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Demdem(m): 12:08am On Dec 25, 2012
afam4eva:
Are you a jigolo?

this shows the level of ur intelligence. Am not wrong afterall grin grin
Did u also say creativity?
lets see what u will come uo with next grin
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by coogar: 12:08am On Dec 25, 2012
Metalgoong:
Gawd dammit!! . . Boy, what a pity!
So your mama has descended to the level of molesting innocent horses . .
Well, she should be hung and shot right away!! . . . The world will be a safer place for animals without her . . .

buhahahahaha
the poof wants to diss and yet lacks creativity. he's resorted into doctoring my posts to come at me. where were you when your mates were studying english in school? you were probably feeding off the cüm of your gym instructor - he told you it was milkshake and your dumbass believed him.
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by onomeasike: 12:10am On Dec 25, 2012
this old man called achebe is a complete bigot,imagine if he had died before we discover the meaning of his view in 'no longer at ease'.with oldmen like achebe,you need not look further for the reason why iboland is in such a sorry state.

3 Likes

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by OmoTier1(m): 12:52pm On Dec 26, 2012
Ivynwa: Legacy

Achebe has been called "the father of modern African writing",[134] and many books and essays have been written about his work over the past fifty years. In 1992 he became the first living author to be represented in the Everyman's Library collection published by Alfred A. Knopf.[177] His 60th birthday was celebrated at the University of Nigeria by "an international Who's Who in African Literature". One observer noted: "Nothing like it had ever happened before in African literature anywhere on the continent."[178]

Many writers of succeeding generations view his work as having paved the way for their efforts.[4] In 1982 he was awarded an honorary degree from the University of Kent. At the ceremony, professor Robert Gibson said that the Nigerian author "is now revered as Master by the younger generation of African writers and it is to him they regularly turn for counsel and inspiration."[179] Even outside of Africa, his impact resonates strongly in literary circles. Novelist Margaret Atwood called him "a magical writer – one of the greatest of the twentieth century". Poet Maya Angelou lauded Things Fall Apart as a book wherein "all readers meet their brothers, sisters, parents and friends and themselves along Nigerian roads".[180] Nelson Mandela, recalling his time as a political prisoner, once referred to Achebe as a writer "in whose company the prison walls fell down."[181]

Achebe is the recipient of over 30 honorary degrees from universities in England, Scotland, Canada, South Africa, Nigeria and the United States, including Dartmouth College, Harvard, and Brown University.[177] He has been awarded the Commonwealth Poetry Prize, an Honorary Fellowship of the American Academy of Arts and Letters (1982),[182] a Foreign Honorary Member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences (2002),[183] the Nigerian National Order of Merit (Nigeria's highest honour for academic work), the Peace Prize of the German Book Trade.[184] The Man Booker International Prize 2007 [185] and the 2010 Dorothy and Lillian Gish Prize.[186] are two of the more recent accolades Achebe has received.

Above is the achievement of a man on whom venoms are being spilled here. His works and achievements have been written on the sand/tablet of time and all the energy being wasted here castigating him makes no difference. Ivynwa fans herself and exits the thread disturbed over the fate of Nigeria

I really do not want to get into this debate about Achebe and His memoir.However from your post, one can make this summary: When an old Man decides to play in a muddy water like a child, He should not cry foul when He gets the insults children haul at themselves.
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Afam4eva(m): 12:53pm On Dec 26, 2012
Who opened this thread?
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 26, 2012
afam4eva: Who opened this thread?

First Post on Page 0.
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Afam4eva(m): 12:57pm On Dec 26, 2012
HQ:

First Post on Page 0.
I meant who re-opened this thread. It was locked.
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by plendil: 12:58pm On Dec 26, 2012
DAMN!! I missed the show! sad
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by OmoTier1(m): 1:00pm On Dec 26, 2012
afam4eva: Who opened this thread?
Ask Seun or have you not being made a Super Mod yet? If not how about PointB? You lots should be ashamed of yourselves.

1 Like

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by OmoTier1(m): 1:02pm On Dec 26, 2012
onomeasike: this old man called achebe is a complete bigot,imagine if he had died before we discover the meaning of his view in 'no longer at ease'.with oldmen like achebe,you need not look further for the reason why iboland is in such a sorry state.

I think it is more objective to express why you disagree with His view point than try to fuel the flame of tribal comments. Achebe has written what He has in mind. Why not let posterity and God judge him rightly?
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by denzel2009: 1:19pm On Dec 26, 2012
I fote for shinua ashebe...
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 26, 2012
abeg reopen the shame thread jare - achebe beats out the drinkard

let the Igbos win something for a change

no to marginalization

1 Like

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by GARRIx7(m): 1:47pm On Dec 26, 2012
Thank YOU LORD for answering our PRAYERS.....

ACHEBE/GEJ for HALL of SHAME 2012....

Abeg ♍ά̲̣̥kε̲̣̣̣̥ we celebrate with some garri and butter...

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 26, 2012
Congratulations bigot!

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/992161[/img]

1 Like

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 26, 2012
Hall of shame speech by Ashebe.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/918158[/img]

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Osinbajo To Meet APC Senators Today / Portharcourt Ring Road Projects Not Stopped - Governor Sim Fubara / Frenchman: "Africans Are Murderers, Criminals, Fraudsters In Suit"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.