Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? (9325 Views)

Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan / Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th / Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by Abali1(m): 2:26pm On Dec 27, 2012
Politics / Re: Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC by Abali1( m): 7:40am On Apr 18 , 2011

First and foremost I congratulate Goodluck Jonathan, for winning the election. Nigerians have been making comments based on his victory, but what stands out in most of the comments is that Nigerians are still in the habit of PRAYING that the sitting President/ Elected president will have the wisdom and grace to lift the people out of poverty and misery. God gave us all the inherent will to act in our own self interest (in this case making our complaints/ desires heard by using our votes), but we choose to do one thing and ask God to come and correct our mistakes in the future. I will only be surprised if GEJ will positively turn around the country, but if he tows the line of his party and brings a colossal damage on all our heads, that will never surprise me. So I pray he implements policies that will be in the interest of the masses, so as to prove those of us that are DOUBTING THOMASES wrong. I WISH NIGERIANS GOODLUCK IN THE NEXT FOUR YEARS.

I WILL ONLY BE SURPRISED IF GEJ PROVES US DOUBTING THOMASES WRONG.
One and a half year has gone, we still have two and a half year more for him to prove us wrong.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by Johnnoo(m): 2:32pm On Dec 27, 2012
Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by ypzilanti: 2:38pm On Dec 27, 2012
The buses are being stored in same warehouse where the energy saving bulbs and primary school text books that PDP allocated money for are kept.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by Concept(m): 2:40pm On Dec 27, 2012
Millitary boys are sleeping; Gideon Orkar like group of soldiers are no more I think. I think we have gotten to that stage.
Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by tarryT(m): 2:55pm On Dec 27, 2012
killuminati: the promise-maker(promise-breaker) and the promisee na Foooooolssssssss. Plus those that vote for GEJ not PDP.
hehehehehe...and those that voted GEJ, will vote him again come 2015..by den ur mad.ness go don enter market..:p

@OP..sowei, the buses had a point mutation and transformed to "private jets"..
Moral lession:;:u cant retain ur subsidy and expect buses.
Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by tainot2002(m): 2:55pm On Dec 27, 2012
The buses were packed somewhere unknown awaiting to load food items all over the state to ASO ROCK VILLA incase of another bombshell that would be released by GEJ in January 1st,2013...Fellow Nigerians:If you like stay at home a year,i got enough to take care of myself,if you like stay at home and die of starvation..
Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by tarryT(m): 2:56pm On Dec 27, 2012
killuminati: the promise-maker(promise-breaker) and the promisee na Foooooolssssssss. Plus those that vote for GEJ not PDP.
hehehehehe...and those that voted GEJ, will vote him again come 2015..by den ur mad.ness go don enter market..:p

@OP..sowei, the buses had a point mutation and transformed to "private jets"..
Moral lession:;:u cant retain ur subsidy and expect buses. Face reality.
Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by wowo2: 3:12pm On Dec 27, 2012
sanandreas: I dnt really know where we are going.

Are you in one of the buses? grin
Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by Pergrace: 3:13pm On Dec 27, 2012
Babzilla: I DONT KNOW WHO IS MORE FOOLISH; THE 1 WHO MAKES A PROMISE AND CANT FULFILL IT, OR THE ONE WHO WAITS ON A PROMISE TO BE FULFILLED KNOWING FULLY WELL THAT IT WONT BE FULFILLED.

Word
Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 27, 2012
HATERS, SEE-NO-GOOD and HEAR-NO-GOOD apostles of evil can continue to wallow stupidity. I reside in Enugu and the SURE-P buses ply Enugu city roads DAILY and all have the un-mistakable inscription- federal govt mass assisted transit. If the ACN states confiscated their share of the SURE-P buses for political or whatever reason, that's their business.
All these silly propaganda begins and ends on NL.
The real people on ground, I mean the people that matter, are currently enjoying more stable power supply. Those that pass thru the airports are full of commendations for the govt. The students and workers in the 9 new feederal universities, together with their families are full of praise for the govt. The Lagosians who hav been using the intra-city train services daily in the last 2yrs, know what that mean to them. Those who commute by train from Lagos-Abeokuta-Osun-Ilorin to and fro in the last 1 to 2yrs, know where their bread is buttered. Those who travel thru the recently renovated Lagos-Kano rail line, cannot give up that experience for ANYTHING. The YOUWIN first edition winners, the beneficiaries of the women and youth empowerment programmes of the govt, the farmers who are getting 2 bags of fertilizer per person at half the market price and FREE improved seeds,etc all know which govt had impacted on their lives DIRECTLY for the first time ever.
In conclusion, the REAL people on ground, those who would matter on election day, know where their bread is buttered. Anonymous internet rats and cockroaches can continue to mess around, ridicule themselves and CONFIRM in public that their parents failed woefullly in giving them a proper up-bringing

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by Necsy: 3:24pm On Dec 27, 2012
finsulyman: just give him time
Hu told u dere is governance in d grave? Ok til we ar all dead shea?
Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:37pm On Dec 27, 2012
Everytime, Everytime, Everytime, Everytime, This Goodluck wants to use us like a ROLL-ON (SURE-P), ROLL-ON (SURE-P). grin

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:04pm On Dec 27, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: HATERS, SEE-NO-GOOD and HEAR-NO-GOOD apostles of evil can continue to wallow stupidity. I reside in Enugu and the SURE-P buses ply Enugu city roads DAILY and all have the un-mistakable inscription- federal govt mass assisted transit. If the ACN states confiscated their share of the SURE-P buses for political or whatever reason, that's their business.
The real people on ground, I mean the people that matter, are currently enjoying more stable power supply. Those that pass thru the airports are full of commendations for the govt. The students and workers in the 9 new feederal universities, together with their families are full of praise for the govt. The Lagosians who hav been using the intra-city train services daily in the last 2yrs, know what that mean to them. Those who commute by train from Lagos-Abeokuta-Osun-Ilorin to and fro in the last 1 to 2yrs, know where their bread is buttered. Those who travel thru the recently renovated Lagos-Kano rail line, cannot give up that experience for ANYTHING. The YOUWIN first edition winners, the beneficiaries of the women and youth empowerment programmes of the govt, the farmers who are getting 2 bags of fertilizer per person at half the market price and FREE improved seeds,etc all know which govt had impacted on their lives DIRECTLY for the first time ever.
In conclusion, the REAL people on ground, those who would matter on election day, know where their bread is buttered. Anonymous internet rats and cockroaches can continue to mess around, ridicule themselves and CONFIRM in public that their parents failed woefullly in giving them a proper up-bringing

The Millions of Nigerians who have suffered the hardship imposed on them by this increase in Petrol price know what he has caused them everyday.

I am still waiting for the explanation of the real reason for increasing the petrol price. Don't tell me is for half price fertilizers. The percentage increase of the price of fuel to what we get in return is now way equal.

Yet before the increase, the country was already making money. Also how come with the petrol increase, the subsidy payment price have not reduced?

In 2011, the total spent on subsidy, according to Okonjo-Iweala, was in the ballpark of Naira 1.3 Trillion. However, according to the same woman, by June of 2012, the Nation had already exhausted the Naira 888 Billion allocated for subsidy for this year( that's in about 5 months). And all this during the same time this same Government has continually claimed that it has been working hard at CLOSING UP ALL HOLES to stop the thieves from continuing to loot the system.

With the Petrol price increase, the cost of subsidy payment shouldn't remain the same.
Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by Dee60: 4:11pm On Dec 27, 2012
Some people always think that Nigeria starts and ends in Lagos!

3 Likes

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by ypzilanti: 4:12pm On Dec 27, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

The Millions of Nigerians who have suffered the hardship imposed on them by this increase in Petrol price knows what he has caused them everyday.

I am still waiting for the explanation of the real reason for increasing the petrol price. Don't tell me is for half price fertilizers. The percentage increase of the price of fuel to what we get in return is now way equal.

Yet before the increase, the country was already making money. Also how come with the petrol increase, the subsidy payment price have not reduced?

In 2011, the total spent on subsidy, according to Okonjo-Iweala, was in the ballpark of Naira 1.3 Trillion. However, according to the same woman, by June of 2012, the Nation had already exhausted the Naira 888 Billion allocated for subsidy for this year( that's in about 5 months). And all this during the same time this same Government has continually claimed that it has been working hard at CLOSING UP ALL HOLES to stop the thieves from continuing to loot the system.

With the Petrol price increase, the cost of subsidy payment shouldn't remain the same.

seriously, the opposition parties in Nigeria are really dull,oh. Where is the savings from the increase in fuel price? Why are we still budgeting almost same for subsidy this year again? At a time less should be spent due to increase in price...also, they say they have closed loopholes.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:24pm On Dec 27, 2012
ypzilanti:

seriously, the opposition parties in Nigeria are really dull,oh. Where is the savings from the increase in fuel price? Why are we still budgeting almost same for subsidy this year again? At a time less should be spent due to increase in price...also, they say they have closed loopholes.

Same question goes to what happened to the funds used in maintaining infrastructures like NITEL? The country remained the same way, the treasury continued going down but a lot of responsibility was taking off the government in the name of Privatization.

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by ypzilanti: 4:29pm On Dec 27, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

Same question goes to what happened to the funds used in maintaining infrastructures like NITEL? The country remained in the same way, the treasury continued going down but a lot of responsibility was taking off the government in the name of Privatization.

i think for GEJ supporters the argument is gradually shifting to 'he is not doing any worse than his predecessors'. it's an argument that his supporters can win handily.

It is also an argument that encourages us to remain on the same spot forever... while other nations move forward.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by wyvilleinc: 4:40pm On Dec 27, 2012
They were handed over to the NURTW and its been in operation. I seen and even boarded. Only that they are not much. Try the Lagos/Abeokuta route you will see and even board it. Its marked FG Assisted Buses or something close.
Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 27, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

The Millions of Nigerians who have suffered the hardship imposed on them by this increase in Petrol price know what he has caused them everyday.

I promised myself never to engage in this subsidy debate again. In heat of the subsidy debate late last yr and early this year, I argued (not on NL) for its complete removal, not because I would enjoy paying more for fuel but because it was the RIGHT THING to do. Why must we fix the price of fuel? Why not also fix the price of rice or garri which are more widely used? If market forces determine the price of rice and garri, why not fuel? All I can say is that only a silly country of silly people will fix the price of fuel with N1trillion or more annually.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by olempe(m): 4:45pm On Dec 27, 2012
finsulyman: just give him time

Yea, till 2035

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by ypzilanti: 4:48pm On Dec 27, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
I promised myself never to engage in this subsidy debate again. In heat of the subsidy debate late last yr and early this year, I argued (not on NL) for its complete removal, not because I would enjoy paying more for fuel but because it was the RIGHT THING to do. Why must we fix the price of fuel? Why not also fix the price of rice or garri which are more widely used? If market forces determine the price of rice and garri, why not fuel? All I can say is that only a silly country of silly people will fix the price of fuel with N1trillion or more annually.

Most Nigerians believe that fuel subsidy should be removed.

Most Nigerians do not believe the government will budget the money properly...they feel the saved funds will be looted.

Most nigerians are very right to refuse to give GEJ the benefit of the doubt.

Most Nigerians have already seen that his promise to be more frugal in expenses during the subsidy scam was a lie.

My question:

What will they do with the saved funds? more million dollar cutlery to compete with ethiopia? More private jets? trust is earned. GEJ has not earned Nigerians trust.

3 Likes

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by taharqa: 4:52pm On Dec 27, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: HATERS, SEE-NO-GOOD and HEAR-NO-GOOD apostles of evil can continue to wallow stupidity. I reside in Enugu and the SURE-P buses ply Enugu city roads DAILY and all have the un-mistakable inscription- federal govt mass assisted transit. If the ACN states confiscated their share of the SURE-P buses for political or whatever reason, that's their business.
LOL, @ 'Anonymous internet rats and crockroaches'....

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by taharqa: 4:54pm On Dec 27, 2012
thegoodjoehunt: Everytime, Everytime, Everytime, Everytime, This Goodluck wants to use us like a ROLL-ON (SURE-P), ROLL-ON (SURE-P). grin
Hehehehe..... Guy u make me laugh here, lol grin

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by ypzilanti: 4:54pm On Dec 27, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:

Are you aware that diesel subsidy was removed in Nigeria and no improvement was experienced by the people? Nitel was privatised, reducing government spending in that sector yet no improvement was experienced by Nigerians. We run a government of waste and corruption. A government where the leaders ask for sacrifice from the citizens, but are unwilling to cut their own costs. It does not work that way.

deregulated.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by olempe(m): 4:58pm On Dec 27, 2012
ifihearam:

GEJ is and will be the best so far for all that has ever ruled this country but your demented sorry arze will not peruse this because u are a mumu.

Forgive me brother, but u're a nincompoop!!
Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by ypzilanti: 4:59pm On Dec 27, 2012
taharqa: LOL, @ 'Anonymous internet rats and crockroaches'....

funny how you can abuse yourself without knowing it. You can post your picture and house address here. We would love to know you.
Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:59pm On Dec 27, 2012
ypzilanti:

Most Nigerians do not believe the government will budget the money properly...they feel the saved funds will be looted.

That is just the truth. That is why the action is opposed. It is in a guise of creating a dynamic system for the Petrol market but the truth is all privatization schemes have been a looting avenue. That is why nothing came out of the AGO subsidy removal.
Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by taharqa: 5:03pm On Dec 27, 2012
ypzilanti:

funny how you can abuse yourself without knowing it. You can post your picture and house address here. We would love to know you.

Are you a rat or a cockroach? Which one you be?
Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by ypzilanti: 5:24pm On Dec 27, 2012
taharqa: Are you a rat or a cockroach? Which one you be?

I'm a better human being than you are. And I only need to read your posts to know that.

Like I always say, Nigeria's problems will eventually catch up with all the government's staunchest supporters. Weda na road accident for bad road, or aircrash for bad plane, or illness that needs airflight to india. Keep supporting evil. You all will certainly get yours coming.

3 Likes

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by Ramtzy: 5:28pm On Dec 27, 2012
Even late Yar'Adua(Blessed memory) as sickly as He was, things were not as bad as this for the country... Got fuel price reduced twice with neither queue nor scarcity of the product and your now trillion naira subsidy was even then between N400-N500 billion.... Oga GEJ your govt na failure. U no try at all

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by taharqa: 5:35pm On Dec 27, 2012
ypzilanti:

I'm a better human being than you are. And I only need to read your posts to know that.

Like I always say, Nigeria's problems will eventually catch up with all the government's staunchest supporters. Weda na road accident for bad road, or aircrash for bad plane, or illness that needs airflight to india. Keep supporting evil. You all will certainly get yours coming.
You hv nt answerd d questn. Are u an internet rat or a cockroach? Any oda tin u are saying here is just HOT AIR...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aba In 1951 And Aba Of Today. / Buhari To Campaign In 36 States, Says He Will Win / Aspirants Walk Out Of APC Secretariat In Sokoto Over Blackout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.