Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,278 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? (9327 Views)

Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan / Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th / Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by taharqa: 5:38pm On Dec 27, 2012
Ramtzy: Even late Yar'Adua(Blessed memory) as sickly as He was, things were not as bad as this for the country... Got fuel price reduced twice with neither queue nor scarcity of the product and your now trillion naira subsidy was even then between N400-N500 billion.... Oga GEJ your govt na failure. U no try at all
Abeg, hw old were u when Yar'adua was president? 7 or 8 yrs old? So there was no fuel scarcity during Yar'adua's time??
Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by ypzilanti: 5:42pm On Dec 27, 2012
taharqa: You hv nt answerd d questn. Are u an internet rat or a cockroach? Any oda tin u are saying here is just HOT AIR...

Got better things to do. Off to calabar carnival thread...now that's a wonderful initiative from Donald Duke...remember him? If only OBJ had given south-south slot of V.P. to that guy...a guy with plenty vision and drive...Nigeria for don know where e dey by now.

Pls remind me of what GEJ's legacy is in bayelsa...what is he remebered for by his people? abeg, make i go see better thing.

3 Likes

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by luluosas(m): 5:47pm On Dec 27, 2012
And you really believed him then? If you do, you can BELIEVE anything even when they tell you that your parents fall from the sky.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by yuceeh: 5:54pm On Dec 27, 2012
I saw d buses on top second niger bridge.
Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by huninaija(f): 6:09pm On Dec 27, 2012
Keep waiting for the buses you hear... All na film trick, next year they will be promising a three bedroom apartment in aso rock for every nigerian citizen and second citizen...

Continue to feast on there promises, gullible people.. undecided angry

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 27, 2012
[quote author=superior1]

I also took one to Yemen last week

Wat abt d 1 we took to afghanistan??

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 27, 2012
taharqa: Abeg, hw old were u when Yar'adua was president? 7 or 8 yrs old? So there was no fuel scarcity during Yar'adua's time??

So if there was scarcity then, there was must be scarcity now. You sef no see say na urgent matter say we must organize committee wey go go prostrate beg you Step-Mother for village?

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by eyantotipe(m): 6:56pm On Dec 27, 2012
Trojavirus: This is a nice topic but I don't understand, why the haste to criticise even before we get all the fact? A topic like this should research into before making our comment. Today we have more lazy frustrated computer literates and it is not helping anyone.
Apart from catching fun from teasing and making caricature, it will be very educative if we can cultivate the habit of get every fact right before making our criticism.
What is the nature of the scheme?, is it a loan or a grant? Who is eligible to access the loan/grant? Or will it be a form of a gift to agencies and department?
Honestly LAZY FRUSTRATED computer litrates such as this OP,some weeks ago this OP ask this question if you can see the way his fellow frustrated N'landers critizising and calling the president all sort of names without fact,for some weeks now this OP have the time and oppotunity to do some research to get the fact of the said buses but this OP choose to show his frustrated life for the second time and his fellow N'landers.the said buses have delivered to lagos early this year if i can remenber about 10-15 painted with red colour were parked at the front of the NURTW office at super/oja oba for some days early this yr,those plying oshodi-sango root can testify to this,its now been painted blue colour with FG MASS TRANSIT writen on it if you want comfirm this come to oshodi it ply oshodi to abule-egba 50 naira at-times 70 naira i entered one this morning i never knew this OP will come up with this thread again i could have snap one and post it here but its not late i can still do that,@ OP i don't know what you stand to gain by giving ur own country bad name on public forum like this many ppl around the world visit this forum daily,please always try to post positive things about this country,now go to the NURTW office at oja oba question the chairman Tajudeen agbede ask him did he recieve any bus from FG? if yes ask him were are they? were are they posted to?pls do this and give us feed back here,if you can't do this then you're worthy to be called a Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by OsunOriginal: 7:04pm On Dec 27, 2012
teeo: I know this question has been asked before, but its so close to a year that the subsidy protest sprang up. I remember travelling down north before the commissioning of those buses and saw them being brough in.
But since then i havent seen them again.

SMH for this man.

Where are the buses Biko.

They will come in 2013...
Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by OsunOriginal: 7:17pm On Dec 27, 2012
nollywood20: Let us pray for GEJ.
Nigerians are not praying hard enough for him.
He needs deliverance from evil spirits in Aso Villa.

Even with all the anointing at RCCG...
Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by wine4dguy: 7:26pm On Dec 27, 2012
9ja Land of possibilities
Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by eyantotipe(m): 7:38pm On Dec 27, 2012
OsunOriginal:

They will come in 2013...
look they are already here since march this year come oshodi and see for urself,if you have not been seeing it in ur area go and ask the nurtw chairman Alhaji Tajudeen agbede not the president the president has done is part it is left you as good citizen of this country to find out from ur nurtw chairman were the bus have been posted to okay
Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:41pm On Dec 27, 2012
eyantotipe: Honestly LAZY FRUSTRATED computer litrates such as this OP,some weeks ago this OP ask this question if you can see the way his fellow frustrated N'landers critizising and calling the president all sort of names without fact,for some weeks now this OP have the time and oppotunity to do some research to get the fact of the said buses but this OP choose to show his frustrated life for the second time and his fellow N'landers.the said buses have delivered to lagos early this year if i can remenber about 10-15 painted with red colour were parked at the front of the NURTW office at super/oja oba for some days early this yr,those plying oshodi-sango root can testify to this,its now been painted blue colour with FG MASS TRANSIT writen on it if you want comfirm this come to oshodi it ply oshodi to abule-egba 50 naira at-times 70 naira i entered one this morning i never knew this OP will come up with this thread again i could have snap one and post it here but its not late i can still do that,@ OP i don't know what you stand to gain by giving ur own country bad name on public forum like this many ppl around the world visit this forum daily,please always try to post positive things about this country,now go to the NURTW office at oja oba question the chairman Tajudeen agbede ask him did he recieve any bus from FG? if yes ask him were are they? were are they posted to?pls do this and give us feed back here,if you can't do this then you're worthy to be called a Nigeria.

The OP is asking a question. He must not do a research before asking a question. He wants those who know or have a precise idea what went down to enlighten him about the buses.

By the way, 15 buses for Lagos State?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

That is not even enough for Choba in Port-Harcourt. I can't believe till now no true palliatives for the hardship inflicted on Nigerians.

Now we feel like a ROLL-ON (SURE-P). wink cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by taharqa: 7:43pm On Dec 27, 2012
kingoflag:

So if there was scarcity then, there was must be scarcity now. You sef no see say na urgent matter say we must organize committee wey go go prostrate beg you Step-Mother for village?
Abeg, @ 'Oflag, stop putting words for my mouth..wetin dey do u sef grin grin
Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2012
eyantotipe: Honestly LAZY FRUSTRATED computer litrates such as this OP,some weeks ago this OP ask this question if you can see the way his fellow frustrated N'landers critizising and calling the president all sort of names without fact,for some weeks now this OP have the time and oppotunity to do some research to get the fact of the said buses but this OP choose to show his frustrated life for the second time and his fellow N'landers.the said buses have delivered to lagos early this year if i can remenber about 10-15 painted with red colour were parked at the front of the NURTW office at super/oja oba for some days early this yr,those plying oshodi-sango root can testify to this,its now been painted blue colour with FG MASS TRANSIT writen on it if you want comfirm this come to oshodi it ply oshodi to abule-egba 50 naira at-times 70 naira i entered one this morning i never knew this OP will come up with this thread again i could have snap one and post it here but its not late i can still do that,@ OP i don't know what you stand to gain by giving ur own country bad name on public forum like this many ppl around the world visit this forum daily,please always try to post positive things about this country,now go to the NURTW office at oja oba question the chairman Tajudeen agbede ask him did he recieve any bus from FG? if yes ask him were are they? were are they posted to?pls do this and give us feed back here,if you can't do this then you're worthy to be called a Nigeria.

Are you sure the OP resides in Lagos? So if he doesn't reside in Lag, he would pay transport to Oja Oba to ask NURTW Chairman about SURE-P buses. Is it not better for a Nairaland member in that region to just reply his post?

By the way what of long distance travellers, no palliatives for them?

As it is said, "all na wash". wink
Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by Laird(m): 8:01pm On Dec 27, 2012
BOKOHARAM REBOMBED THEM........BRT

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by eyantotipe(m): 9:01pm On Dec 27, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

Are you sure the OP resides in Lagos. So if he doesn't reside in Lag, he would pay transport to Oja Oba to ask NURTW Chairman about SURE-P buses. Is it not better for a Nairaland member in that region to just reply his post?

By the way what of long distance travellers, no palliatives for them.

As it is said, "all na wash". wink
i just knew you are the same as the OP look for information i'm not a fan of any politician since i was born to this earth i have never one day que to register not to talk of voting but i hate it when some lazy frustrated fellow like the OP giving the country bad name just to have fun on internet,so if you think what the OP is doing is good then both of you can continue but if tomorow the white man tells you ur country is the most stupid country on earth you don't get mad cos the way you lay ur bed so shall you sleep on it.
Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:28pm On Dec 27, 2012
eyantotipe: i just knew you are the same as the OP look for information i'm not a fan of any politician since i was born to this earth i have never one day que to register not to talk of voting but i hate it when some lazy frustrated fellow like the OP giving the country bad name just to have fun on internet,so if you think what the OP is doing is good then both of you can continue but if tomorow the white man tells you ur country is the most stupid country on earth you don't get mad cos the way you lay ur bed so shall you sleep on it.

How is the OP asking about buses promised by the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria result in giving the country a bad name. He actually wants to know that the President is keeping to his words. It is not what the white man says that matters but how we Nigerians feel about the country that is paramount.

I am also not a fan of any politician. The Subsidy removal was a hard hit on Nigerians. Whether the white man accolades us or not, we will go through the storm.

If you feel burying our heads to the ills of the society is the best, that is okay with you. For me I believe to say it as it is. Petrol is sold at N97 (N120-N150) in some stations and this happened due to his so called subsidy removal.

No concrete proof of Cabals looting our money, jamboree committees, money still going down the drains etc. So we should keep quiet?

Like it or not, the amount of buses or palliatives that were released for the cost of subsidy removal never alleviated any pain. It just made things worse.
Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by Akiika: 10:03pm On Dec 27, 2012
The tires got deflated so they had to fly them back to the manufacturer to pump some air....on the way back, there was some traffic hold up in the air...blah! blah!! blah!!!
Useless country with no accountability...no be bus una go see, na train.....Bus wey dem don return back to person wey borrow them for the photo op.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by mcsunny03yahoocom(m): 10:09pm On Dec 27, 2012
The buses are shared among d various transport companies dat are owned by pdp card carriers.some are with Agofure Motors,Ajiro Motors,Edo city trans company,NURTW,etc.just put ur eyes on those transport company around ur vicinity u will find them.it was written FGN ASSISTED MASS TRANSIT

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 27, 2012
GARRI (x7):
OP: Are you ok?

How can you say you've not been seeing GEJ's buses.

You are a liar!!!

Thunder fire ur smelling mouth..

Right now I'm inside one of them on my way to Somalia, where I'll ßξ spending the New-Year holiday..

The vehicle number is: PDP-419 GEJ
Chai una no go kill person 4 hia o

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by confusion247(m): 10:31pm On Dec 27, 2012
teeo: I know this question has been asked before, but its so close to a year that the subsidy protest sprang up. I remember travelling down north before the commissioning of those buses and saw them being brough in.
But since then i havent seen them again.

SMH for this man.

Where are the buses Biko.
Too bad google doesn't have an answer for this question. Well still searching ................

Graphy: Chai una no go kill person 4 hia o

Akiika: The tires got deflated so they had to fly them back to the manufacturer to pump some air....on the way back, there was some traffic hold up in the air...blah! blah!! blah!!!
Useless country with no accountability...no be bus una go see, na train.....Bus wey dem don return back to person wey borrow them for the photo op.

I think at this juncture we need to visit Otueke village or Okija shrine for answers.
Transformation agenda and fresh air.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by OsunOriginal: 10:36pm On Dec 27, 2012
eyantotipe: look they are already here since march this year come oshodi and see for urself,if you have not been seeing it in ur area go and ask the nurtw chairman Alhaji Tajudeen agbede not the president the president has done is part it is left you as good citizen of this country to find out from ur nurtw chairman were the bus have been posted to okay

Hear yourself... We should go and ask NURTW chairman where the buses are. NURTW is now the organ of GEJ administration in charge of PDP subsidy removal palliative programme?

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by dareyking(m): 10:57pm On Dec 27, 2012
em full,abj diee.........
Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by Hearme(m): 11:23pm On Dec 27, 2012
The buses were not prepared to use Oyster card and so were likely returned to be upgraded to UK standards.
Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by Nobody: 1:03am On Dec 28, 2012
My dear, dont mind these frustrated propagandists. These people are allergic to FACTS. They HATE FACTS just like they HATE the incumbent. They HATE the incumbent for no other reason but because he is not their tribes man. These propagandists eat, breathe, write and speak LIES. A thread that asked similar question came up like 2wks ago, made front page and people from several states made clarifications and testified they've been seeing those buses. The same topic came up again today and still made front page again (the moderator that made this possible should be investigated for possible brown envelope collection) and had so far been filled with abuses, insults and curses by persons whose parents should be bowing their heads in shame right now for failing in their PRIMARY responsibility of ensuring proper up-bringing for their children.
We have SEEN what the federal govt is using the savings from fuel subsidy removal for. Under the SURE-P, the federal govt is rehabilitating some corridors of rail lines-the Lagos-Kano route that was recently completed and commissioned was done with SURE-P, and the eastern rail line currently under construction is courtesy of SURE-P. 10 to 15 buses were distributed to states thru NURTW under SURE-P. Express roads such as Benin-Ore, Abuja-Lokoja, Enugu-Onitsha and Maiduguri-Kano are receiving complementary funding from SURE-P. The women and youth empowerment programme that is meant to engage 5,000 persons per state and pay them stipends monthly is being funded by SURE-P. Etc,etc.
However, those who open threads every 2 weeks and theirs collaborating moderators looking for SURE-P buses should also open threads looking for what their state govts are doing with the EXTRA funds recieved on account of partial removal of subsidy. What are the ACN states, who opposed removal of subsidy for political reasons, doing with the HUGE EXTRA funds they've been recieving monthly on account of partial subsidy removal by FG? Are they now donating the HUGE but un-expected EXTRA funds to charity? Is it being used to service the pockets of the god-father? Why couldn't Lagos state govt for instance devote its own share to completion of the Lagos metro rail line, which has been under construction since the regime of Jakande in the early 80's? Would it have been a criminal offence if the Lagos state govt had devoted this HUGE but unexpected EXTRA funds to a 4th mainland bridge?
Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by Nobody: 1:36am On Dec 28, 2012
We have seen barrage of reprisals since we opened threads ASKING/SEEKING for the achievements of Fashola in the last 6yrs. Even threads on topics that had been THOROUGHLY discussed just like few days or a week ago are coming up again and speedily making front page again(showing collaboration between the propagandists and some moderators on NL). Its just like some people are saying in their minds- how dare you ASK/SEARCH for the achievements of Fashola? If we throw search lite on the federal govt daily, shouldn't we also do same for state govts? Is what is good for the goose no longer good for the gander?
However, the DIFFERENCE between what we did and what apostles of evil and propagandists do is CLEAR. Go thru our threads and you'll see how issues are discussed maturedly, no insults, no curses and no abuses. Compare it with the threads of apostles of evil, where all you'll read are abuses, insults, curses and SENSELESS comments.
However, persons like us cannot be silenced. We'll continue to put the SEARCH LITE on every and ANYBODY. There are NO no-go-areas. We'll continue to make our opinion known, loud and clear on issues, as much as time permits. We'll continue to state clearly that it is only EMPTY HEADS and persons of low esteem that resort to abuses and insults, whether online or in real life. We'll continue to state that it is only people who have LOST OUT in an intellectual discourse that resort to curses, abuses and name calling online. Abuses and insults can NEVER be sign of intelligence. Abuses and insults can NEVER be a sign of smartness or strength. Abuses and insults can NEVER help the propagandist in their self-inflicted task of discrediting the incumbent. Neutral persons and even supporters of the incumbent who read these abuses, insults and curses can only shake their heads and wonder, who are these apostles of evil?
Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:44am On Dec 28, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: Neutral persons and even supporters of the incumbent who read these abuses, insults and curses can only shake their heads and wonder, who are these apostles of evil?
Every discussion on nairaland.com shouldn't partisan or tribal. Without the petrol price increase money, the Federal government is suppose to be able to provide Railways, Highway roads and Public buses for transportation.

You are here trying to prove to people that the SURE-P project is in full swing, when the president stated,"
SURE was hurriedly conceptualised in January on the heels of the nationwide protest against the removal of the fuel subsidy. Jonathan added that the implementation was no longer feasible since the zero-subsidy policy planned by his administration was not being implemented"

(This statement made it clear that man we have been f.ucke.d big time. So without 100% subsidy removal, he gets to increase the burden on Nigerians and keep the cash)

Please leave making this a tribal or partisan thing. I am critical of GEJ's government but I am from the Niger Delta. I have no ties with any political party and I believe many here are also neutral but have their reasons for not supporting GEJ.
Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by repogirl(f): 4:08am On Dec 28, 2012
I do see some pass through my busstop (airport road)in abuja and take people into town and others go far away up to karu, maraba and nyanyan. They seem to work only during rush hour morning and afterneoon by 4pm.
Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by stantob(m): 4:28am On Dec 28, 2012
The buses are in beard beard bank.Call the bank manger and find out.You're asking as if you don't know.It has been converted to a transport service with one useless name like that.Bus, promise,subsidy,protest hahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by EmmyDe25(m): 5:24am On Dec 28, 2012
teeo:

And noone is asking?

Haba, GEJ
Needles to say dat ds govt wl be entering d Guiness buk of records 4d greatest level of corruption recorded by a govt cum 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? by luluosas(m): 5:53am On Dec 28, 2012
mcsunny03@yahoo.com:
The buses are shared among d various transport companies dat are owned by pdp card carriers.some are with Agofure Motors,Ajiro Motors,Edo city trans company,NURTW,etc.just put ur eyes on those transport company around ur vicinity u will find them.it was written FGN ASSISTED MASS TRANSIT
My dear, this FGN ASSISTED MASS TRANSIT have being on many transport companies for over 10 years now. If Jonathan actually released those buses as he promised (remember it was a promise which the promiser have right to fulfill and not to fulfill), it should clearly be written FGN SURE-P Mass Transit, while those released by the various states government should be written e.g Edo State SURE-P Mass Transit etc. This will give Nigerians the idea of what the Subsidy buses look like. How do you see that?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kanu Could Be Right About Jubril- Picture / Coordinator: No Corruption Claim Against Atiku Has Been Substantiated / 9th National Assembly: APC Will Not Share Power With PDP, Says Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.