Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,591 members, 7,820,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? (33843 Views)

Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? / The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by Goshen360(m): 9:42pm On Jan 07, 2013
Image123:
Well, you referred directly to me to stop tagging. Now you are saying its the OP's mum, like she's here to defend herself. i've continously hammered that it is a contextual issue, and each person and society's preferences should be respected as it does not contravene God. Goshen has been trying to tie the practice to salvation and to one's eternity. i never said crossing legs or not makes you saved or unsaved, or will make one get to heaven or miss heaven. But gosh keeps talking about 'the gospel' or 'scripture' like a kid. Its a matter of right and wrong in societal context. Like again, it is considered wrong to slam the door. If you did it in most premises here in lagos(church or no), you would likely be frowned at or corrected. What scripture says stuff about slamming doors. So, must we slam doors on everyone because the Bible didn't write thou shalt not slam the door? If you slammed the door in church, and someone mentioned something about not slamming the door in the presence of God, what is wrong with that correction? Must all correction in church premises be about heaven and hell, or sin? The FACT has been stated, and it is that most people consider crossing the legs wrong in this part of the world. The leg crosser in front of superiors is often considered as lazy or proud. It's similar to putting legs on the table, or even flatulence. It's general etiquette over here.

cheesy......... cool
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by JeSoul(f): 10:21pm On Jan 07, 2013
I'm organizing a party.

For brothers Goshen, Image123 & sister Plappville cheesy cheesy
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by Goshen360(m): 10:26pm On Jan 07, 2013
^ You have bushmeat to serve?....So I can eat and my soul may bless you. grin
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by Goshen360(m): 10:31pm On Jan 07, 2013
^ @Sister JeSoul, You no wan answer ni? Abi na until I start dey quote scriptures before you know say wetin I dey ask dey inside bibeli mimo ni? grin
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by Image123(m): 11:35pm On Jan 07, 2013
JeSoul: I'm organizing a party.

For brothers Goshen, Image123 & sister Plappville cheesy cheesy
fingers are crossed on this, leg crossing on my mind.
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by JeSoul(f): 1:12am On Jan 08, 2013
Goshen360: ^ You have bushmeat to serve?....So I can eat and my soul may bless you. grin
lol. I no dey cook bushmeat oh. But I fit serve pounded yam with my specialty Egusi soup complete with goat meat, shaki and pomo. Can your soul bless me with that? cheesy

Image123:
fingers are crossed on this, leg crossing on my mind.
ROTFLOL omg Image, lol, you craze small lol cheesy
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by Mightyodi: 5:32pm On Jan 10, 2013
this is the reason why eve and adam ate the forbiden fruit. They are curious and devil tricked them into eating and become wise as
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by kisibo: 12:23pm On Jan 14, 2013
like dis?

Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by prairie(f): 6:37pm On Jan 14, 2013
mama bear: Please I really need an answer 2diz...

Is it bad to cross your legs in church?

I'm a catholic,I noticed each time I cross my legs in church which I do unconsciously, the wardens always tell me to drop them... Was in church with my mum today and she told me the same,I asked her why and she said I was in the presence of God, that I know but could it be that bad
I obviously know that but for christsake I'm not sitting in front neither is my dress short undecided
as a catholic u shuld kno dat tradition holds a key role in d church, afta receivin d host u ar meant to stl b sober nd b in meditation, crossin ur leg signifies nonchallance, u kno ow u'l do yes ma if d president wer to be in ur office nt to talk of d king of kings, d bible says b ready at all timesto answer d hope in u, if u kno little of ur faith y nt find out more? U'l b thrilled, u cn visit www.christianity.com
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by tpia5: 8:04pm On Feb 17, 2013
sometimes there's nothing wrong with respecting other people and/or their opinions if only for the sake of peace, not necessarily because you agree with them.

such is the case here, with the leg crossing.

and say, for example, you're looking for husband, and one of the wardens who corrected you, notices you took the correction in a well mannered way.

if she has an eligible never married bachelor relative who is looking for a wife, she might just remember you.

you never know how these things work.
Re: Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? by Goshen360(m): 12:51am On Feb 18, 2013
tpia@:
sometimes there's nothing wrong with respecting other people and/or their opinions if only for the sake of peace, not necessarily because you agree with them.

such is the case here, with the leg crossing.

and say, for example, you're looking for husband, and one of the wardens who corrected you, notices you took the correction in a well mannered way.

if she has an eligible never married bachelor relative who is looking for a wife, she might just remember you.

you never know how these things work.

I dey feel your groove my sweetheart....you spoke well. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Insecurity: Father Mbaka Absolves Buhari Of Blames / The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) / Brothers, How Do You Cope Sitting Beside Ladies That Bare Cleavage In Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.