Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. (31875 Views)

Gionee M3 Discussions,problems And Solutions. / Nokia 3110c Problems And Solution / Tips On How To Repair Phones(software And Hardware Problems) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Suntemi(m): 3:51pm On Jan 05, 2013
krfalana: HOW CAN I REMOVE ANDROID PATTERN ON IPHONE 1 and hw cn i restor iphone....wats d main reason of jailbreak.....wats cycdia wrk on fone....thks bosss

SMH
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Heatblast(m): 4:23pm On Jan 05, 2013
I've got an ipad 2 ios5.1.1 jailbroken... I recently downloaded a theme and resprung the device now it's on constant boot screen(shows apple logo and later booting loop).
Is there any way to put it back in safe mode so I can delete what I downloaded last. I don't wanna restore it(my internet isn't fast and I don't wanna go to cv) can you guys help me out cry
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dennis79687968: 4:47pm On Jan 05, 2013
Pls Wat is SHSH blobs?
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dennis79687968: 4:52pm On Jan 05, 2013
What's the highest upgrade I can go for with iPhone 3GS?
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Suntemi(m): 4:52pm On Jan 05, 2013
Heatblast: I've got an ipad 2 ios5.1.1 jailbroken... I recently downloaded a theme and resprung the device now it's on constant boot screen(shows apple logo and later booting loop).
Is there any way to put it back in safe mode so I can delete what I downloaded last. I don't wanna restore it(my internet isn't fast and I don't wanna go to cv) can you guys help me out cry

Try this. Power off the iPad, turn it on again and hold the volume up button while booting up. You should end up in safe mode, open Cydia and uninstall the theme that caused the problem.
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Suntemi(m): 4:55pm On Jan 05, 2013
dennis79687968: What's the highest upgrade I can go for with iPhone 3GS?

At the moment the highest is 6.0.1
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Suntemi(m): 4:59pm On Jan 05, 2013
dennis79687968: Pls Wat is SHSH blobs?

The phrase SHSH blobs is a technical jargon for small pieces of data that are part
of Apple's digital signature protocol for iOS restores and updates, designed to control
the iOS versions that users can install on their iOS devices ( iPhones , iPads , iPod touches , and Apple TVs ), generally only allowing the newest iOS version to be
installable. Developers interested in iOS jailbreaking have made tools for working around this signature system in order to
install jailbreakable older iOS versions that are no longer being signed by Apple.
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Heatblast(m): 5:27pm On Jan 05, 2013
sun_temi:

Try this. Power off the iPad, turn it on again and hold the volume up button while booting up. You should end up in safe mode, open Cydia and uninstall the theme that caused the problem.

It didn't work instead it came back to the normal circle loading screen, is there any other thing I could do.... Thnks tho
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dmcdad: 5:37pm On Jan 05, 2013
airroseice: Does anyone know how to roll back to iOS5 from iOS6? Why? Asides the personal hotspot in the iOS6, it's got too many bugs & I'll rather get an iPhone5 than have this OS running on my iPhone4.

Thanks.

You can do a downgrade if you have the SHSH blobs for any iOS 5 you wanna downgrade to....
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by pystar: 5:42pm On Jan 05, 2013
sun_temi: This thread is dedicated to discuss iPhone's software and hardware issues and their solution. I've received countless calls on different iPhone's issue while some can be easily fixed by just performing hard reset, some could require opening up an iPhone before it can be fixed. So if your iPhone is having any issue. Just post the problem here, and I will always try my best to give a solution to whatever problem your iPhone has.

Other iPhone related questions can also be asked.

Pls other nairaland's engineers input are always welcome. I can't do this all alone. Thanks

My power button doesn't work anymore. And since I am on a tethered jailbreak that requires me going into dfu mode before I can boot, my iphone is completely dead now. I need help.
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dmcdad: 7:44pm On Jan 05, 2013
pystar:

My power button doesn't work anymore. And since I am on a tethered jailbreak that requires me going into dfu mode before I can boot, my iphone is completely dead now. I need help.

You can enter DFU without using the power button... First of all, Download Redsn0w: 0.9.14b2 redsn0w (Windows)

Open the above software in administrator mode. Once it's open, click on extras, then you click on even more, and after licking on that, you will see DFU IPSW. This feature creates a custom firmware, so when you restore your device will boot in to DFU mode. Just connect your iPhone, select your firmware and click the “DFU IPSW” and Redsn0w will create a firmware to restore your iPhone in DFU, jailbreak, boot tethered or whatever you need.

If you are not clear about this, let me know..
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Nsonaso(m): 8:58pm On Jan 05, 2013
Please I need a USA and China account for apple/iTunes store can somebody help me at nsonaso@live.com
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 05, 2013
ebukaeze00:

That's the easiest thing Bro......Just get a system connected to the internet, open itunes and plug in your 3Gs, the download option would pop up .....

Whenever I tried the update I get an error 1394 unknown error message. I thought it was my computer problem, but I've tried it on other computers with the same result. I'm using IPhone 3GS with OS 4.1. Any suggestions
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dmcdad: 9:50pm On Jan 05, 2013
honor2011:

Whenever I tried the update I get an error 1394 unknown error message. I thought it was my computer problem, but I've tried it on other computers with the same result. I'm using IPhone 3GS with OS 4.1. Any suggestions

What is the problem bro? Let me know then I will proffer the necessary solution to it....
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jan 05, 2013
honor2011:

Error 3194 has to do with communication failure with d apple server. Try to ping gs.apple.com. If d ip address replying is 72.x.x. U are pointing to cydia server. Make sure it is replying with d real apple ip
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by garrickbs: 11:31pm On Jan 05, 2013
iPhone 5 factory unlock for AT&T = 25k
Other iPhones on AT&T = 15k

Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by lynxnoon(m): 11:53pm On Jan 05, 2013
garrickbs: iPhone 5 factory unlock for AT&T = 25k
Other iPhones on AT&T = 15k

are these prices for sale, repairs or unlock?
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Nobody: 12:52am On Jan 06, 2013
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dmcdad: 5:33am On Jan 06, 2013
HotNaijaBabe: Hi guy. Pls i need step by step instructions to upgrade from iOS 4.1 to a higher one on my 3gs.

First of all you have to download the firmware for which you wanna upgrade to (lets say 6.0.1 and you also need to download Redsnow)... Before I continue, is your 3gs factory unlock or does it rely on software for unlock? Let me know...
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Godson101: 7:04am On Jan 06, 2013
My phone 4 Bluetooth cannot pair and I cannot download anything from the web except through iTunes which I have to pay for, what can I do pla
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by pystar: 8:03am On Jan 06, 2013
dmcdad:

You can enter DFU without using the power button... First of all, Download Redsn0w: 0.9.14b2 redsn0w (Windows)

Open the above software in administrator mode. Once it's open, click on extras, then you click on even more, and after licking on that, you will see DFU IPSW. This feature creates a custom firmware, so when you restore your device will boot in to DFU mode. Just connect your iPhone, select your firmware and click the “DFU IPSW” and Redsn0w will create a firmware to restore your iPhone in DFU, jailbreak, boot tethered or whatever you need.

If you are not clear about this, let me know..
Dude, thanks a lot. I read up that method and must have tried it 1 million times it didn't work. I just felt fixing my power button would be less a hassle. Can u help out in anyway? Or how I can enter DFU mode with redsnow?
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by ebukaeze00(m): 8:10am On Jan 06, 2013
sun_temi:

You can downgrade A4 from iOS 6 to iOS 5 provided you have your SHSH blog saved I've done that several times. And for bluetooth, it's possible to send and receive via bluetooth if you've got AirBlue Sharing installed form Cydia on iOS 5

That means u saved your SHSH blobs long ago.......because Apple aint signing them anymore,and what device do u have the saved blobs for?
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by ebukaeze00(m): 8:14am On Jan 06, 2013
honor2011:

Itunes would always give you the error message, u would need redsnow to complete the update
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by benkings(m): 9:32am On Jan 06, 2013
Pls hu can help wit my iphone 3gs upgrade in benin
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Suntemi(m): 9:46am On Jan 06, 2013
Godson101: My phone 4 Bluetooth cannot pair and I cannot download anything from the web except through iTunes which I have to pay for, what can I do pla

What's the iOS version on your iPhone?
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Engrsam: 9:50am On Jan 06, 2013
i have a samsung galaxy note GT-N7000 that the touch screen is not responding,How do i go about it.
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Suntemi(m): 9:55am On Jan 06, 2013
benkings: Pls hu can help wit my iphone 3gs upgrade in benin

It's not that hard but since you are upgrading an iPhone 3GS. It's possible your iPhone isn't factory unlocked and also comes with new bootrom.

First, you need to know if it's factory unlocked because if it's not and also comes with a new bootrom, you may find using it hard as theres no untethered jailbreak on iOS 6.

This is what you need to do. Drop your imei number so we can check if your iPhone is factory unlocked or rely on software (Ultrasn0w) for unlock
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Suntemi(m): 10:07am On Jan 06, 2013
ebukaeze00:

That means u saved your SHSH blobs long ago.......because Apple aint signing them anymore,and what device do u have the saved blobs for?

Guy, what you've been saying isn't correct. You said Apple isn't signing shsh again? Where did you get that from? So what is Apple signing now?
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dmcdad: 10:34am On Jan 06, 2013
sun_temi:

Guy, what you've been saying isn't correct. You said Apple isn't signing shsh again? Where did you get that from? So what is Apple signing now?

I guess he meant apple isn't signing iOS 5 anymore... That one would need the SHSH blob for iOS 5 before downgrading. So, I think it was just a misplacement of words...
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dmcdad: 10:36am On Jan 06, 2013
pystar:
Dude, thanks a lot. I read up that method and must have tried it 1 million times it didn't work. I just felt fixing my power button would be less a hassle. Can u help out in anyway? Or how I can enter DFU mode with redsnow?

Yeah you can as well open the phone and maybe check on the power button from inside. It might just be that the knob is not well placed or is out of place.... Or it might just require you to clean it and fix it back.... Please try that as opening your it is no big deal, but you have to be careful though...
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Nobody: 10:37am On Jan 06, 2013
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 06, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

My New Infinix Hot 11 Phone And The Gift I Received / iPhone 6s And iPad Pro Announced / App To Watch Online Youtube Video On Nokia C2-o3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.