Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,200 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. (31938 Views)

Gionee M3 Discussions,problems And Solutions. / Nokia 3110c Problems And Solution / Tips On How To Repair Phones(software And Hardware Problems) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Nobody: 10:43am On Jan 06, 2013
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Suntemi(m): 10:44am On Jan 06, 2013
dmcdad:

I guess he meant apple isn't signing iOS 5 anymore... That one would need the SHSH blob for iOS 5 before downgrading. So, I think it was just a misplacement of words...

Check what he wrote previously very well. I ignored it initially. He also said Bluetooth transfer isn't possible on iOS 5 and 6 only on earlier versions.

We all need to do your research diligently before vomiting *****. I don't mean to be rude but when you say something that's wrong and you are corrected, admit your mistake instead of arguing blinding.
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dmcdad: 11:27am On Jan 06, 2013
HotNaijaBabe:
It's factory unlocked

Okay....Since it's factory unlock, you can go ahead and download the required firmware (iOS 6.0.1). As soon as you download it, open up iTunes and when it recognizes the phone, hold shift then click on update. iTunes would open a window that will enable you to search and select the downloaded firmware (it's advisable to place it on your desktop), then iTunes would do it's thing. I guess you won't encounter any error since it's the latest firmware and it's also stock. Although, there is no guarantee that you won't encounter any. Just make do with all these steps and lets know what the outcome is...

NOTE!!! Please make sure you do a back-up of your contents before attempting the update. Any more questions on that, let me know.
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dmcdad: 11:30am On Jan 06, 2013
sun_temi:

Check what he wrote previously very well. I ignored it initially. He also said Bluetooth transfer isn't possible on iOS 5 and 6 only on earlier versions.

We all need to do your research diligently before vomiting *****. I don't mean to be rude but when you say something that's wrong and you are corrected, admit your mistake instead of arguing blinding.

I understand... Probably he isn't much conversant with iOS devices. Don't blame him. He might just have a sincere intention to help, although that doesn't mean he should feed people with false informations.
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by lynxnoon(m): 12:09pm On Jan 06, 2013
dmcdad:

Okay....Since it's factory unlock, you can go ahead and download the required firmware (iOS 6.0.1). As soon as you download it, open up iTunes and when it recognizes the phone, hold shift then click on update. iTunes would open a window that will enable you to search and select the downloaded firmware (it's advisable to place it on your desktop), then iTunes would do it's thing. I guess you won't encounter any error since it's the latest firmware and it's also stock. Although, there is no guarantee that you won't encounter any. Just make do with all these steps and lets know what the outcome is...

NOTE!!! Please make sure you do a back-up of your contents before attempting the update. Any more questions on that, let me know.
To add to what you just said
An internet connection is also needed
Cheers
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dmcdad: 12:19pm On Jan 06, 2013
lynxnoon:
Cheers

Of course... Thanks for that.
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dival247(m): 12:23pm On Jan 06, 2013
lynxnoon:
Cheers

Connecting to remote server..
Verifying user
Login ok
Requesting info...
Info:
iPhone 3GS 16GB White (5.1.1)
IMEI Number: 012159005264379
Serial Number: 8601094P3NQ
First Unbrick Date: 2010-06-15
Last Unbrick Date: 2010-06-15
Initial activation: UK Flexibile Apple Channel Default Activation Policy
Applied activation: UK O2 Tesco.
Next tether: UK O2 Tesco.
SIM lock status: Locked
Daily counter: 2/60
Done
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dival247(m): 12:26pm On Jan 06, 2013
HotNaijaBabe: Sun_temi.. Pls, I want to upgrade the iOS of my 3GS too, my imei is 01 215900 526437 9. Thanks

Connecting to remote server..
Verifying user
Login ok
Requesting info...
Info:
iPhone 3GS 16GB White (5.1.1)
IMEI Number: 012159005264379
Serial Number: 8601094P3NQ
First Unbrick Date: 2010-06-15
Last Unbrick Date: 2010-06-15
Initial activation: UK Flexibile Apple Channel Default Activation Policy
Applied activation: UK O2 Tesco.
Next tether: UK O2 Tesco.
SIM lock status: Locked
Daily counter: 2/60
Done

your iPhone is factory locked if you try to upgrade to iOS 6 , u can't unlock with freeware
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Suntemi(m): 12:30pm On Jan 06, 2013
HotNaijaBabe, just download iOS 6.0.1 firmware for iPhone 3Gs as dmcdad has said. Don't continue with the upgrade yet. I'm trying to check your iPhone imei to confirm maybe it's unlocked or not but at the moment, Apple server is down.

I will keep checking it and when I finally get through, I will inform you. While you' waiting, google "iPhone firmware" and download iOS 6.0.1 firmware for iPhone 3Gs.
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dival247(m): 12:38pm On Jan 06, 2013
sun_temi: HotNaijaBabe, just download iOS 6.0.1 firmware for iPhone 3Gs as dmcdad has said. Don't continue with the upgrade yet. I'm trying to check your iPhone imei to confirm maybe it's unlocked or not but at the moment, Apple server is down.

I will keep checking it and when I finally get through, I will inform you. While you' waiting, google "iPhone firmware" and download iOS 6.0.1 firmware for iPhone 3Gs.

that is the status above check,
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dmcdad: 12:50pm On Jan 06, 2013
dival247:

Buh she said hers is factory unlocked and its on iOS 4.1....
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dival247(m): 12:57pm On Jan 06, 2013
dmcdad:

let her check the serial no
the iOS doesn't matter , the is the last update on the server ,

they unlock her phone with version 4.1
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by pystar: 1:05pm On Jan 06, 2013
I tried again to enter DFU mode with redsn0w and it still didn't work. What exactly am I doing wrong?
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Suntemi(m): 1:09pm On Jan 06, 2013
dival247:

Thanks man!

dmcdad:

Maybe she didn't know. Most people don't.
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dmcdad: 1:20pm On Jan 06, 2013
sun_temi:

Maybe she didn't know. Most people don't.

You are right... I think it's locked. That means she would need custom firmware to upgrade...
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by sonety2k(m): 1:56pm On Jan 06, 2013
cool
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by greatgeo(m): 1:57pm On Jan 06, 2013
tumababa:

Y cant u upgrade? Any device on ios less dan 4.3 cant enjoy d iphone. Its either u wait for full jailbreak on 601 or u manage tethered jb on 601 or u upgrade to any version u av d shsh saved. If an app is asking for upgrade (especially whatsapp), theres really nothing u can do except u upgrade. Unfortunately, installous is out of it
thank bro how do i do know if d shsh and do d upgrade to 4.3
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by greatgeo(m): 2:07pm On Jan 06, 2013
soft-touch:

Whatsapp on iPhone requires iOS 4.3 as a minimum OS requirement. If you wanted to play safe since you are already jailbroken on 4.2.1, I strongly believe your SHSH blob for 4.3.x will be on Cydia. Hence, you can easily move to iOS 4.3.3, If you have your iOS 5.1.1 SHSH blob on Cydia, then you may move to 5.1.1 with caution.
where in cydia do i go cos i use 3gs 4.1 for d upgrade
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Suntemi(m): 2:27pm On Jan 06, 2013
greatgeo:
where in cydia do i go cos i use 3gs 4.1 for d upgrade

Open Cydia and see maybe your shsh are saved. See attached image.

Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Davidbanky(m): 2:51pm On Jan 06, 2013
My iphone 3gs rejects sim, expecially new mtn nd zain sim ... It only works with glo sim and some old zain and mtn .. Please what can I do to it ?
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by bukason: 3:13pm On Jan 06, 2013
Plz does tinyumbrella, redsn0w and ifaith require an internet connection to save shsh blobs for iphone...
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dmcdad: 3:16pm On Jan 06, 2013
bukason: Plz does tinyumbrella, redsn0w and ifaith require an internet connection to save shsh blobs for iphone...

You will need internet connection as there would be authentication by the software (TU, Redsnow etc) with Apples servers to save the SHSH .plist file.!!!
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by bukason: 3:24pm On Jan 06, 2013
dmcdad:

Nope!!!
i doubt that, the last tym i tried. I waited 4 15mins 4 ifaith to save my blobs bt it keep sayin "downloading essentials"
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dmcdad: 3:29pm On Jan 06, 2013
bukason:
i doubt that, the last tym i tried. I waited 4 15mins 4 ifaith to save my blobs bt it keep sayin "downloading essentials"

You are right... Although I think one can retrieve blobs from cydia servers(not apples') using TU without internet...
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by bukason: 3:49pm On Jan 06, 2013
dmcdad:

You are right... Although I think one can retrieve blobs from cydia servers(not apples') using TU without internet...
unfortunately 4 me, i hv tinyumbrella and already installed java runtime enviroment on ma system bt still cant run d TU... Any help?
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dmcdad: 4:09pm On Jan 06, 2013
bukason:
unfortunately 4 me, i hv tinyumbrella and already installed java runtime enviroment on ma system bt still cant run d TU... Any help?

At first use of TU, you have to be connected to the internet..... Then after that, you can always use it without the internet
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 06, 2013
dmcdad:

What is the problem bro? Let me know then I will proffer the necessary solution to it....
The problem centered on the limitations of OS 4.1 on a 3Gs. I cannot use most of the applications include Facebook, whatsapp, etc, as most of these applications can only run on OS 4.3 upward. So I downloaded OS 4.3 & 6.0 with a viewing to manually updating from OS 4.1 to either 4.3 or 6.0. Whenever, I tried to do the update and after contacting itune, it will just say update cannot be done bcs of error1394. I've googled for similar problem, one person say the error iscaused by cable, but I've also tried different cables all to no avail. Do u understand my explanation? What do u think can be done. Have you ever upgrade from 4.1 to any higher OS?
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 06, 2013
dmcdad:

90% of 3GS users on 4.1 bb6.15 think they are using a factory unlocked iPhone cry
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dmcdad: 5:35pm On Jan 06, 2013
tumababa:

90% of 3GS users on 4.1 bb6.15 think they are using a factory unlocked iPhone cry

You are right...
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dmcdad: 5:37pm On Jan 06, 2013
honor2011:
The problem centered on the limitations of OS 4.1 on a 3Gs. I cannot use most of the applications include Facebook, whatsapp, etc, as most of these applications can only run on OS 4.3 upward. So I downloaded OS 4.3 & 6.0 with a viewing to manually updating from OS 4.1 to either 4.3 or 6.0. Whenever, I tried to do the update and after contacting itune, it will just say update cannot be done bcs of error1394. I've googled for similar problem, one person say the error iscaused by cable, but I've also tried different cables all to no avail. Do u understand my explanation? What do u think can be done. Have you ever upgrade from 4.1 to any higher OS?

I understand what you are going through... I will explain when i have the time. You can as well PM me so I can get to remember when I am dispose to type something quite lengthy...
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Suntemi(m): 5:55pm On Jan 06, 2013
The following information are for iPhone 3Gs users on iOS 4.1

The reason most iPhone 3GS users are on iOS 4.1 is because for an unknown reason, Apple is still signing 4.1 shsh blogs on iPhone 3Gs. And iOS 4.1 has untethered jailbreak which will enable you to software unlock your iPhone.

there are two types of iPhone 3Gs. One with "old bootrom" and the other with "new bootrom".

Those with "old bootrom" will forever have untethered jailbreak every time Apple releases new update for the iPhone 3Gs (thanks to limera1n). Those with the "new bootrom" will have to wait till there is untethered jailbreak for the current iOS version e.g iOS 6.0.1

You may be wondering why you need jailbreak, why can't you just upgrade to iOS 6. This is the answer; aside from the fact that iPhone 3Gs comes with either "new bootrom" or "old bootrom", some are factory locked while the others are factory unlocked

Those with factory locked iPhone 3Gs Rely on software (Ultrasn0w from Cydia) to unlock their iPhone. That's where jailbreak comes in. You can't software unlock your iPhone without first jailbreaking it. Software unlocking your iPhone requires installing Ultrasn0w from Cydia (Jailbreak Store just like Apple's AppStore). And you can't have without jailbreaking.

Those with factory unlocked iPhone can upgrade to iOS 6 as they don't rely on software for unlock.
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by softtouch2(m): 5:58pm On Jan 06, 2013
honor2011:

What is your Base band version? Go to "Settings", then "General" click "About" and scroll down to "Modem Firmware"
See attached screenshot for example
If your Modem Firmware is 6.15.0, It might be the cause, you will have to restore with Custom iOS version

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

White Man Mistakenly Receives 60 iPhone 15 Pro Max From Apple (Video) / The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal / Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.