Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,980 members, 7,835,287 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. (31956 Views)

Gionee M3 Discussions,problems And Solutions. / Nokia 3110c Problems And Solution / Tips On How To Repair Phones(software And Hardware Problems) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Suntemi(m): 6:09pm On Jan 06, 2013
At the moment, Apple is current signing iOS 4.1 and iOS 6.0.1 on iPhone 3Gs. Also there's no untethered jailbreak on iOS 6.0.1 except for iPhone 3Gs users with Old bootrom. Therefore;

iPhone 3Gs users with factory Locked and old bootrom can upgrade to iOS 6.0.1 with the help of sn0wbreeze and unlock their iPhone with "ultras0w" and "iOS 6 untrasn0w fixer"

iPhone 3Gs users with factory unlocked and old/new bootrom can upgrade to iOS 6.0.1 But make sure your iPhone baseband (Modem firmware) isn't 06.15.00 (iPad baseband). If it's on 06.15.00, you need to downgrade it with Redsn0w.
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 06, 2013
DON'T UPGRADE YOUR 3GS BASEBAND IF YOUR 3GS IS PART OF D NEWLY RELEASED MODELS!!! THE 3GS WILL BE PERMANENTLY BRICKED.
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Suntemi(m): 6:27pm On Jan 06, 2013
iPhone 3Gs users with factory Locked and New bootrom and still want to upgrade to iOS 6 by all means maybe because many apps require higher iOS version, can upgrade to iOS 6 with the help of sn0wbreeze and unlock their iPhone with "ultras0w" and "iOS 6 untrasn0w fixer"

Note: You will have to deal with "tethered jailbreak."

You may be like what's tethered jailbreak:

Tethered means being basically "attached" to your computer in a way; you must boot your device by running code on it (via the dock connector) to make use of an exploit. Devices are tethered because there is one or more area where the device fails one or more signature check along the way due to the jailbreak. The device is able to boot up because there is a way to execute code via USB that allows you to bootstrap to a pwned (no signature check) iBSS, iBEC, or iBoot to finish the boot process. To boot tethered, you need to use the software which you used to jailbreak and click "boot tethered"
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by benkings(m): 6:38pm On Jan 06, 2013
sun_temi:

It's not that hard but since you are upgrading an iPhone 3GS. It's possible your iPhone isn't factory unlocked and also comes with new bootrom.

First, you need to know if it's factory unlocked because if it's not and also comes with a new bootrom, you may find using it hard as theres no untethered jailbreak on iOS 6.

This is what you need to do. Drop your imei number so we can check if your iPhone is factory unlocked or rely on software (Ultrasn0w) for unlock
01 215700 236971 2
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Suntemi(m): 7:08pm On Jan 06, 2013
benkings: 01 215700 236971 2

Device IMEI: 012157002369712
Product description: iPhone 3GS 16GB White
Telephone technical support: Expired
Warranty(repairs and service coverage): Expired
Activation status: Activated
Is registered: Yes
Sim lock status: Locked
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 06, 2013
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dival247(m): 8:40pm On Jan 06, 2013
benkings: 01 215700 236971 2

fo:
iPhone 3GS 16GB White (4.1)
IMEI Number: 012157002369712
Serial Number: 88005DRK3NQ
First Unbrick Date: 2010-02-19
Last Unbrick Date: 2011-07-26
Initial activation: UK O2 Tesco.
Applied activation: UK O2 Tesco.
Next tether: UK O2 Tesco.
SIM lock status: Locked
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Desloaaa(f): 10:06pm On Jan 06, 2013
sun_temi: 10,000 Naira sir. I don't repair iPads though but that's the amount friend fixed his last week.
eeeewo!,na wa o
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Heatblast(m): 11:04pm On Jan 06, 2013
Guys.. Pls help me out, I recently crashed my ipad 2(ios5.1.1 jailbroken), I tried putting it into safe mode but no luck, I was left with the only option to restore, I downloaded my ipsw file from the felibruns site, I den tried to shift restore my ipad 2 os5.1.1, now its giving me itunes error 3194... I've google everything possible, and I still can't come up with a solution..... Does anybody have a solution to my problem?
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by benkings(m): 11:48pm On Jan 06, 2013
sun_temi:

Device IMEI: 012157002369712
Product description: iPhone 3GS 16GB White
Telephone technical support: Expired
Warranty(repairs and service coverage): Expired
Activation status: Activated
Is registered: Yes
Sim lock status: Locked
xo wat does dis mean....
Pls i nid sm1 to help me upgrade dis shit.....big big grammar too much
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dmcdad: 4:14am On Jan 07, 2013
HotNaijaBabe: I must confess that I don't understand all u guys have been explaining oh.. Do u advice that I get someone to do the upgrade for me? Cos right now, I really don't know what to do..

Where you resided Maybe I could help out...

You can PM me anyways. If you are anywhere in lag, I think that would do...
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dmcdad: 4:17am On Jan 07, 2013
Heatblast: Guys.. Pls help me out, I recently crashed my ipad 2(ios5.1.1 jailbroken), I tried putting it into safe mode but no luck, I was left with the only option to restore, I downloaded my ipsw file from the felibruns site, I den tried to shift restore my ipad 2 os5.1.1, now its giving me itunes error 3194... I've google everything possible, and I still can't come up with a solution..... Does anybody have a solution to my problem?

Did you save the SHSH blob for 5.1.1? If you did, you can restore using 5.1.1 and be able to jailbreak. But if you didn't, then you will have to update to 6.0.1 which is without a jailbreak for now...

Anywayz, as regards the error, use Tiny Umbrella to by-pass that error (3194)..
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Suntemi(m): 5:45am On Jan 07, 2013
Heatblast, since you had your iPad 2 jailbroken on iOS 5.1.1, there's possibility your 5.1.1 shsh is saved.

So just follow this guide; you need latest Redsn0w and iOS 5.1.1 firmware for your iPad 2.

www.redmondpie.com/downgrade-5.1.1-to-5.0.1-5.1-on-iphone-4s-ipad-2-ipad-3-using-redsn0w-how-to-tutorial/.

Good luck.
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Davidbanky(m): 6:23am On Jan 07, 2013
tumababa: DON'T UPGRADE YOUR 3GS BASEBAND IF YOUR 3GS IS PART OF D NEWLY RELEASED MODELS!!! THE 3GS WILL BE PERMANENTLY BRICKED.

How do I know if my 3GS is not factory unlocked ? I bought I frm someone pls
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Suntemi(m): 6:27am On Jan 07, 2013
Davidbanky, if you tell drop your imei number, we will tell you if it's factory unlocked or not.
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by softtouch2(m): 6:44am On Jan 07, 2013
Davidbanky:

How do I know if my 3GS is not factory unlocked ? I bought I frm someone pls

What is the IMEI number of the phone?
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by bukason: 9:52am On Jan 07, 2013
Thanks guys. Successfully saved my shsh blogs locally for ios 5.1.1 and a host of other ios yesterday. Plz look up dis 4 me IMEI: 01 216000 263716 1, hope ios 5.1.1 doesnt hav any issue with 06.15 baseband cos i plan an upgrade to 5.1.1 later 2day. Or is a downgrade from ipad baseband better?
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by softtouch2(m): 11:10am On Jan 07, 2013
bukason: Thanks guys. Successfully saved my shsh blogs locally for ios 5.1.1 and a host of other ios yesterday. Plz look up dis 4 me IMEI: 01 216000 263716 1, hope ios 5.1.1 doesnt hav any issue with 06.15 baseband cos i plan an upgrade to 5.1.1 later 2day. Or is a downgrade from ipad baseband better?

iPhone 3GS
IMEI: 012160002637161
Serial Number: 88002F323NS
Activated: Yes
Telephone Technical Support: Expired
Repairs & Service Coverage: Expired
SIM Lock: Locked
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by bukason: 12:19pm On Jan 07, 2013
soft-touch:

iPhone 3GS
IMEI: 012160002637161
Serial Number: 88002F323NS
Activated: Yes
Telephone Technical Support: Expired
Repairs & Service Coverage: Expired
SIM Lock: Locked
Thanks. Which is better? 06.15 baseband or a downgrade away 4rm ipad baseband on ios 5.1.1 with no issues
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by softtouch2(m): 1:34pm On Jan 07, 2013
bukason:
Thanks. Which is better? 06.15 baseband or a downgrade away 4rm ipad baseband on ios 5.1.1 with no issues

1. Use may use Snowbreeze to create custom firmware for iOS 5.1.1, then use iReb to put the phone on DFU mode.

OR

2. Follow instruction on 6.15 downgrade, then install 5.1.1 with your iTunes host pointing to Cydia. You got to reflash 6.15 baseband to install ultrasnow for unlock.

If you don't mind, why not find out what it will take to Permanently Unlock the phone and safe yourself all the sweat in the future iOS update, u can then downgrade the 6.15 baseband, and start updating your device without hassle.
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by garrickbs: 2:35pm On Jan 07, 2013
lynxnoon:
are these prices for sale, repairs or unlock?

Unlock (Factory unlock)
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by kaybee3(m): 7:07pm On Jan 07, 2013
Please what is the function of iPhone Bluetooth? Or it just there for been there sake.my Bluetooth wont be even be discovered
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by downwater: 2:02pm On Jan 08, 2013
Hi all, I will like to upgrade my iphone to 5.1 because most apps require 5.1 and above and I'm running on 4.3.5 and firmware model 04.10.01. Pls help me out asap
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dmcdad: 2:44pm On Jan 08, 2013
downwater: Hi all, I will like to upgrade my iphone to 5.1 because most apps require 5.1 and above and I'm running on 4.3.5 and firmware model 04.10.01. Pls help me out asap

Why would you want to upgrade to 5.1 when you can upgrade to 5.1.1? Although, upgrading to either of them would require their SHSH blob as apple is no longer signing them... Besides, even if you have the SHSH for 5.1, why not upgrade to 6.0.1 cus 5.1 is tethered jailbreak, same as 6.0.1 for now. With your baseband number, it shows your device is an iPhone 4, and iPhone 4 has a tethered jailbreak on iOS 6.0.1...
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by downwater: 2:51pm On Jan 08, 2013
Thank you for the response but I was made to understand that the phone won't have network when I upgrade it. How true is that? I don't know if it is factory unlocked cuz it uses a gevey sim. [qote author=dmcdad]

Why would you want to upgrade to 5.1 when you can upgrade to 5.1.1? Although, upgrading to either of them would require their SHSH blob as apple is no longer signing them... Besides, even if you have the SHSH for 5.1, why not upgrade to 6.0.1 cus 5.1 is tethered jailbreak, same as 6.0.1 for now. With your baseband number, it shows your device is an iPhone 4, and iPhone 4 has a tethered jailbreak on iOS 6.0.1...[/quote]
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dmcdad: 3:08pm On Jan 08, 2013
downwater: Thank you for the response but I was made to understand that the phone won't have network when I upgrade it. How true is that? I don't know if it is factory unlocked cuz it uses a gevey sim. [qote author=dmcdad]

Why would you want to upgrade to 5.1 when you can upgrade to 5.1.1? Although, upgrading to either of them would require their SHSH blob as apple is no longer signing them... Besides, even if you have the SHSH for 5.1, why not upgrade to 6.0.1 cus 5.1 is tethered jailbreak, same as 6.0.1 for now. With your baseband number, it shows your device is an iPhone 4, and iPhone 4 has a tethered jailbreak on iOS 6.0.1...

For the fact that it usess a gevey sim, it's not factory unlocked. Sure, you will have network, as long as you dont upgrade your baseband. If you fail to preserve your baseband before upgrading, then you are on your own as your baseband would be updated and you won't be able to use your gevey anymore unless maybe you factory unlock it.

So, you can upgrade. Beside, do you have the SHSH for 5.1 or 5.1.1?
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by bukason: 3:27pm On Jan 08, 2013
sup guys, your doing a great job. plz i urgently need the IOS 5.1.1 firmware to upgrade my iphone 3gs because of the limitation of ios 4.1. i ve been trying to download for a week now but all to no avail. crappy network and so many contingencies. thanks
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by lynxnoon(m): 4:04pm On Jan 08, 2013
kay_bee: Please what is the function of iPhone Bluetooth? Or it just there for been there sake.my Bluetooth wont be even be discovered
mainly for paring bluetooth-enabled devices such as earpiece, keyboards etc
tho file transfer is not allowed . . . well, not without a jb wink
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by lynxnoon(m): 4:09pm On Jan 08, 2013
just saved my i4s 6.0.1 shsh wink
never can tell when it will come in handy ...(once bitten twice shy oh!! undecided cool)
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Heatblast(m): 5:04pm On Jan 08, 2013
dmcdad:

Did you save the SHSH blob for 5.1.1? If you did, you can restore using 5.1.1 and be able to jailbreak. But if you didn't, then you will have to update to 6.0.1 which is without a jailbreak for now...

Anywayz, as regards the error, use Tiny Umbrella to by-pass that error (3194)..

I tried using tiny umbrella, after hours upon hours of googling to fix problems (like tiny umbrella refusing to open and unable to start tss server)
I finally got the tss server runing on TU... I then proceeded to do the shift restore on itunes, it was able to bypass the verification stage, now its giving me a new error (2005)
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Heatblast(m): 5:07pm On Jan 08, 2013
sun_temi: Heatblast, since you had your iPad 2 jailbroken on iOS 5.1.1, there's possibility your 5.1.1 shsh is saved.

So just follow this guide; you need latest Redsn0w and iOS 5.1.1 firmware for your iPad 2.

www.redmondpie.com/downgrade-5.1.1-to-5.0.1-5.1-on-iphone-4s-ipad-2-ipad-3-using-redsn0w-how-to-tutorial/.

Good luck.

I tried redsnow too, but it couldn't regonise my ipad even when on dfu mode...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply)

Samsung Advert On The New Iphone 6plus (Very funny) / Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry / TECNO Launches PHANTOM X Flagship With Polished Design And Powerful Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.