Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,226 members, 7,811,625 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? (9036 Views)

Grow Your Hair In Only 3 Months (here Is How I Did It) / ~ How Long Do You Keep Your Weaves, Braids & Cornrows~ / What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 03, 2013
[size=13pt]Specifically on wash days.

Washing my hair and everything it entails takes forever. It's to the point that I no longer look forward to it. All I do is complain undecided

Shampooing alone takes 30-45 minutes. Deep conditioning is another 20-30 minutes. I don't use a blow dryer anymore, and I flat iron seldom. Flat ironing takes between 50-75 minutes. From what it once was, that's considered a breeze.

I put my hair in rollers on New Years Eve. It was my fastest roller set ever. It took 95 minutes.

Ayam suffering. Anyone else dey my boat? I would love to figure out ways to shorten the amount of time I spend on my hair so that I could enjoy the process once again. Also, I'd love hair-doing to not be an entire-day affair.[/size]
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 03, 2013
I like my tiny braids...less stress for me. Takes me 6 to 7 hrs to get it done! shocked

And I keep it for a month!

Washing and drying every 4 days takes me less than an hour.

I used to be on dread locks until I decided to cut it. It took a lot if my time when it was short, but when it grew long...I enjoyed it wella.
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 03, 2013
For tiny braids, you can keep it for even 2 months...just wash the hair and blow dry it, you are good to go!

Washing again depends on your activity. If you do a lot of sports, then you wash the hair often.
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by kandiikane(m): 10:45am On Jan 03, 2013
I remember when my hair grew after I shaved it for the second time. I dyed it blonde and it took me over 3hours to flat iron. It was crazzzzy! I was always afraid to get it wet. It's harder straightening hair when it's curly than when it's an afro. I guess yours didn't take too long because it's permed.

Shaved off my hair, I just do wash and go in the shower. Less than 2mins to wash. Just put a leave conditioner and I'm done. grin
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 03, 2013
Vikin: I like my tiny braids...less stress for me. Takes me 6 to 7 hrs to get it done! shocked

And I keep it for a month!

Washing and drying every 4 days takes me less than an hour.

I used to be on dread locks until I decided to cut it. It took a lot if my time when it was short, but when it grew long...I enjoyed it wella.

[size=13pt]Dreadlocks took a lot of your time? shocked

Oblivious me. I thought that would be one of the easiest styles to maintain, especially when short.[/size]
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 03, 2013
kandiikane: I remember when my hair grew after I shaved it for the second time. I dyed it blonde and it took me over 3hours to flat iron. It was crazzzzy! I was always afraid to get it wet. It's harder straightening hair when it's curly than when it's an afro. I guess yours didn't take too long because it's permed.

Shaved off my hair, I just do wash and go in the shower. Less than 2mins to wash. Just put a leave conditioner and I'm done. grin

[size=13pt]Have you always been natural?

Nah, I'm a flat iron master lol. It used to take me forever (2-3 hours). I started doing it very frequently and it became a breeze. I'm trying to stop using my flat iron though.

You're lucky.
1. I don't think I have a nice enough head for short hair lol.
2. Natural hair and I don't mix. I just relaxed again after like 32 weeks of transitioning. I'm sure washing and going is the easiest way, especially when you have a shorter cut. Relaxed hair is what I know best *sighs* lol.[/size]
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 03, 2013
Is what you have on natural or artificial? Sorry I had to ask to be sure so I don't jump the gun but I'm still gonna do that hopefully I don't get shot in the foot.
Either way, your hair looks cute and probably the most admirable feature I see on a lady who gets it right.

Ouch!

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 03, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Dreadlocks took a lot of your time? shocked

Oblivious me. I thought that would be one of the easiest styles to maintain, especially when short.[/size]

When its short, you keep massaging it with the some lock cream to get it the locks and you dont want it all sticky.

its takes time to lock properly, after then, its easier to manage.
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 03, 2013
[size=13pt]@Brand New, Me? My hair is real.[/size]
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 03, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]@Brand New, Me? My hair is real.[/size]
Love it then.

Kinda hard to tell the difference if you live in a country like ours where most ladies have substituted their God given natural hair for Brazilian and Peruvian hairs.

So keep it up because you ROCK!

Btw u've got mails.***winks***

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 03, 2013
It takes me about 8 minutes to cut my hair. I'm so lucky. cool

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 03, 2013
[size=13pt]^^^ Mschew lol.[/size]

Vikin: When its short, you keep massaging it with the some lock cream to get it the locks and you dont want it all sticky.

its takes time to lock properly, after then, its easier to manage.

[size=13pt]iSee. Never knew.[/size]
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 03, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]^^^ Mschew lol.[/size]

[size=13pt]iSee. Never knew.[/size]

Bangs will look good on you cool
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 6:13am On Jan 04, 2013
They're too much work. I'm lazy as is lol.
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by tjskii(f): 8:24am On Jan 04, 2013
Ahhh dis one ure complaining bout ur hair with d kind of weather u ave over there,that means wheneva ure in naija ur best bet is to weave it o,cos by d time the heat or harmattan mamma dat hair ehn,d tin wil become a nappy explosion cheesy grin

My hair is kinda like yours,long and full(below d shoulders)and I hate it with a passion,iv always wanted to scrape it all off,but fear of me looking like Mr potato head has held me back,so all I do is fix weavons,iv tried using a flat iron on my natural hair but after 24hours of lookin good,d thing becomes a nappy mess and I no get power to dey flatiron everyday,so its weavons for me o,can't stress myself cos of hair grin
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 04, 2013
^^^
this one is for you:
1000 wink
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by saintvc(m): 9:26am On Jan 04, 2013
Ten minute to barb, 5 minute to shave and carve =15 minute

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 04, 2013
tjskii: Ahhh dis one ure complaining bout ur hair with d kind of weather u ave over there,that means wheneva ure in naija ur best bet is to weave it o,cos by d time the heat or harmattan mamma dat hair ehn,d tin wil become a nappy explosion cheesy grin

My hair is kinda like yours,long and full(below d shoulders)and I hate it with a passion,iv always wanted to scrape it all off,but fear of me looking like Mr potato head has held me back,so all I do is fix weavons,iv tried using a flat iron on my natural hair but after 24hours of lookin good,d thing becomes a nappy mess and I no get power to dey flatiron everyday,so its weavons for me o,can't stress myself cos of hair grin

Lmao. Don't remind me. It took 15 minutes of stepping outside MMA to go from Gabrielle Union to Diana Ross.

That's one of the things I need to look into. There's a product here that a lot of women use, especially in the south where humidity is high. It keeps their hair pretty straight, and southern humidity is close to that of Naija. I'll have to take a crate with me the next time I go home lol.

http://sabinohair.com/moisture-block.php
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by kandiikane(m): 1:20pm On Jan 04, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Have you always been natural?

Nah, I'm a flat iron master lol. It used to take me forever (2-3 hours). I started doing it very frequently and it became a breeze. I'm trying to stop using my flat iron though.

You're lucky.
1. I don't think I have a nice enough head for short hair lol.
2. Natural hair and I don't mix. I just relaxed again after like 32 weeks of transitioning. I'm sure washing and going is the easiest way, especially when you have a shorter cut. Relaxed hair is what I know best *sighs* lol.[/size]

No, I went natural about 2years ago or so but I'm so use to shaving it off now, any chance I get I'll cut it off. I guess it's just better to look after a shaved head than that with hair.

When I was younger I use to have loads of hair, but after I used some perming cream called 'touch', it just damaged my whole hair. I don't think the western perm suited my hair well. So, decided to go natural, hopefully I won't shave it off again.

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by DJDOLA(m): 2:39pm On Jan 04, 2013
Can we boys talk on dis matter or make we sitdown dey look?because its like d topic na for girls

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Kufalo(m): 2:40pm On Jan 04, 2013
Making of hair is not the main thing at all, but it is how much quality does your hair worth.
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 04, 2013
25 minutes tops. grin
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by oferefe(f): 2:47pm On Jan 04, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Specifically on wash days.

Washing my hair and everything it entails takes forever. It's to the point that I no longer look forward to it. All I do is complain undecided

Shampooing alone takes 30-45 minutes. Deep conditioning is another 20-30 minutes. I don't use a blow dryer anymore, and I flat iron seldom. Flat ironing takes between 50-75 minutes. From what it once was, that's considered a breeze.

I put my hair in rollers on New Years Eve. It was my fastest roller set ever. It took 95 minutes.

Ayam suffering. Anyone else dey my boat? I would love to figure out ways to shorten the amount of time I spend on my hair so that I could enjoy the process once again. Also, I'd love hair-doing to not be an entire-day affair.[/size]

@op am sure u have a very long hair,for you to have been spending such a long time with every process of washing ur hair. Anyways my own hair washing n drying doesnt take that much cos i have a light texture hair and average length. I must say God has blessed you greatly with hair. Enjoy!

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by dabrake(m): 2:48pm On Jan 04, 2013
less than 10 minutes.#advantagesOfBeingA_Guy
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by olu4life(m): 2:48pm On Jan 04, 2013
Takes only 10mins to get an hair cut
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by ifihearam: 2:49pm On Jan 04, 2013
DERAILING.........LOADING
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 04, 2013
Shampooing/Washing= 15-20 mins
Deep conditioning= 1 hr
Blow drying= 5-10 mins
I hardly flat iron but when I do, it takes close to 45 mins...
Styling=15-30 mins
Average sized box braids= 5 hours

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by geezyk(m): 2:49pm On Jan 04, 2013
[I]It takes me just 15 MINUTES especially when my barber is in high spiritwink[/I]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Secret Behind Nollywood Actresses And Their Glowing, Even Toned Skin / Photos: See Shocking Private Part Exposing Cloth A Woman Wore In Public / Ghana Braids Styled In To Ponytail, See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.