Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,498 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? (9051 Views)

Grow Your Hair In Only 3 Months (here Is How I Did It) / ~ How Long Do You Keep Your Weaves, Braids & Cornrows~ / What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Tmany(m): 9:43pm On Jan 04, 2013
o boi gals dey suffer just to look Good.
Next time i see a gal looking good with her natural hair will surely compliment her.
For me 10 mins if the barber no wan make i vex for am no get time for shit.
Sorry o this one am seeing flat iron here there hope no be normal cloth iron una dey use straight hair cause that crazy grin.
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 04, 2013
miss-sweety86:
OMG! I can't believe some girls spend that much time just for their hair! That would drive me crazy! I have really long curly hair but to wash it (shampoo and conditioner) it takes me max 15 minutes. Then maybe 10 minutes to blow dry (which I don't do often as it damages the hair). I can't stand spending time in the bathroom to do my hair, so I keep it natural :-)! But if I want to straigthen it it's gonna take me maybe 1h30 or 2 hours... You must be very patient to be willing to spend that much time in the bathroom everyday!

handmaid: hmmmmm
me i don't believe the op. All that time for her hair? Or is that the total time spent in the salon for everyone on this thread?

[size=13pt]Not every day. Just on wash days. I wash my hair myself. I only visit a salon two or three times per year.[/size]
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 04, 2013
Flytefalls: I wear my hair natural. (My hair texture is mixed texture so it's ok to manage with exception of humidity).

It takes about 2.5 hours to wash, condition, blowdry. Then straighten or curl it- an extra 30mins to an hour. I wrap my hair at night so daily, it takes 5-10 mins to unwrap and style (I wear it down).

I only, and I really mean ONLY, use jojoba oil in my hair. Means it gets dirty less and I wash it less (thank God). Teaspoon of oil at night so it doesnt look greasy and the hair has time to moisturise.

Whenever I visit the Caribbean (hot and humid), I will twist it naturally or with extensions, or just submit to my natural 'fro smiley.

[size=13pt]I use jojoba oil too. Thank goodness they sell it locally. During the warmer months, I mix it with rose water, avocado oil, and aloe vera and use it as a moisturizing spray.[/size]
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 04, 2013
Tusky44:

Wear your natural hair my dear its good. Don't follow all those low self esteem oyinbo wannabe CAJAD naija women that do FAKE hair. When we tell them they vex like say na lie we talk.

Hmm. A weave is not an indicator of low self-esteem, but respect for ones own hair is imperative smiley.
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 04, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]I use jojoba oil too. Thank goodness they sell it locally. During the warmer months, I mix it with rose water, avocado oil, and aloe vera and use it as a moisturizing spray.[/size]
Oooh fancy smiley. I like concoctions to recommend, thanks smiley
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by handmaid: 11:03pm On Jan 04, 2013
@op
thanks 4explaining. But still i can't imagine how 95 mins 4rolloing ur hair cud be ur fastest ever.
Sounds to me like d hair was rolled in strands.
Am i d only one thinking this way?
Pheww
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 7:33am On Jan 05, 2013
handmaid: @op
thanks 4explaining. But still i can't imagine how 95 mins 4rolloing ur hair cud be ur fastest ever.
Sounds to me like d hair was rolled in strands.
Am i d only one thinking this way?
Pheww

[size=13pt]Lol. I don't blame you for thinking that way. I've read on other forums, especially hair forums. Believe it or not, spending forever on roller sets or other styles isn't uncommon at all. My hair's pretty long which is why I don't roll it in the first place. After the first few, my arms are ready to fall off. I'm still looking for ways to reduce the time I spend as it is too much.[/size]
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 05, 2013
Flytefalls: Oooh fancy smiley. I like concoctions to recommend, thanks smiley

[size=13pt]Lol. I'm still experimenting. If I use my regular deep conditioners, I may add coconut oil to them. I have a tub of Shea butter waiting to be used. I'll add oils to that and see how it works as a moisturizer.[/size]
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 05, 2013
Natural hair.

30-45 mins.

I stopped using natural home-made shampoo/conditioner because they were time consuming. It only takes that long because I wash my hair and bath at the same time.

*creaming it takes 15 extra mins*
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by AmEucharia(f): 12:13pm On Jan 05, 2013
For me i dont have such time now.15 minutes is too much for my sister to shave off the hair and then apply COCONUT OIL on the hair. Will grow back the hair though
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Sissy3(f): 12:13pm On Jan 05, 2013
a lot of time sad

@ ogugua

i definitely need to try that http://sabinohair.com/moisture-block.php product. had the same issue with humidity. such a horrible experience especially when washing/flat iron takes almost a better part of your day to complete sad sad
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 2:08am On Jan 06, 2013
it depends on the style.
but on average 15 - 30 minutes for basic hair styles (just everyday hair-dos)
and about 3-6 hours for extensions.

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 07, 2013
~Sissy~:
a lot of time sad

@ ogugua

i definitely need to try that http://sabinohair.com/moisture-block.php product. had the same issue with humidity. such a horrible experience especially when washing/flat iron takes almost a better part of your day to complete sad sad

[size=13pt]That's the worst. Lol. I don't live in a humid climate so I've never really had the need. It'll be good for just in case moments though.[/size]
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Sissy3(f): 12:39pm On Jan 07, 2013
how often do u relax ur hair
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 07, 2013
[size=13pt]Whenever I feel like it really. The soonest I relax is 20 weeks and the longest I've gone is 36 weeks. It doesn't exceed three times in a year.[/size]
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by anintia(m): 12:04pm On Jan 08, 2013
Making Hair can be time consuming; I totally agree but with new innovations of online shopping you get the genuine hair for yourself http://www./Syn-Half-Wig---Tulip-2-38870.html
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Sissy3(f): 1:07pm On Jan 08, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Whenever I feel like it really. The soonest I relax is 20 weeks and the longest I've gone is 36 weeks. It doesn't exceed three times in a year.[/size]

how do u manage it in between relaxers? do u braid or just flat iron. I'm tempted to seriously relax mine. haven't "cream cracked" it in yrs now, but i'm worried about the whole process of returning to relaxer, the undergrowth in between etc. though, i noticed that my "napps" became more manageable since i stopped relaxing unlike before. maybe im just looking for an easy way out, i cant flat iron it myself due to the size and length, even the guy that does it in salon takes forever and braiding scares me, the braiders complain and so does my butt embarassed cry sad
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 5:55am On May 06, 2013
[size=13pt]Bumping my own thread.

So, I haven't gotten a relaxer since mid-December. I just detangled, washed, and then detangled my hair. My back is sore and I'm suffering total paralysis in my arms! I'm using a pencil held by my mouth to type this post. undecided tongue grin

Anyway, I have an interview for an internship tomorrow. The plan was to wash, dry, and flat iron my hair. That definitely isn't happening. cry

I started by detangling around 5:50pm. I always detangle my hair before washing in hopes of a shorter detangle session after washing. Haha *sarcastic laugh* After detangling, washing (hair in six sections), deep conditioning, etc., the time was 8:13pm. Mind you, I wash my hair in sections. Usually four, but I washed in six this evening.

I had to detangle my hair again. The detangling I did earlier was "quick". This one took forever and my body was hurting lol. I was begging my hair to have pity on my comb... the way it was bending and stretching like Gabby Douglas. Chei. I didn't finish until 9:11pm, for a grand total of........... wait for it............ three hours and 21 minutes.

Flat ironing is definitely out of the picture. If my hair won't pity my arms and back, I will lol.[/size]

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 6:02am On May 06, 2013
~Sissy~:
how do u manage it in between relaxers? do u braid or just flat iron. I'm tempted to seriously relax mine. haven't "cream cracked" it in yrs now, but i'm worried about the whole process of returning to relaxer, the undergrowth in between etc. though, i noticed that my "napps" became more manageable since i stopped relaxing unlike before. maybe im just looking for an easy way out, i cant flat iron it myself due to the size and length, even the guy that does it in salon takes forever and braiding scares me, the braiders complain and so does my butt embarassed cry sad

[size=13pt]Oops, didn't see this. Hi Sissy smiley lol.

My hair's in a bun most of the time. I used to flat iron it regularly to keep it manageable, but I got split ends... bad ones. I'm not a fan a braiding, never have been. The only time I'd braid my hair was to wear it wavy/curly the next day. I stopped that too though because braidouts = horrible tangles. So far, bunning has worked for me. They can get boring though, very fast lol.

The undergrowth for me isn't necessarily hard to manage. Working with it is time consuming though. Is your hair still natural?[/size]
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Sissy3(f): 9:01pm On May 06, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Bumping my own thread.

So, I haven't gotten a relaxer since mid-December. I just detangled, washed, and then detangled my hair. My back is sore and I'm suffering total paralysis in my arms! I'm using a pencil held by my mouth to type this post. undecided tongue grin

Anyway, I have an interview for an internship tomorrow. The plan was to wash, dry, and flat iron my hair. That definitely isn't happening. cry

I started by detangling around 5:50pm. I always detangle my hair before washing in hopes of a shorter detangle session after washing. Haha *sarcastic laugh* After detangling, washing (hair in six sections), deep conditioning, etc., the time was 8:13pm. Mind you, I wash my hair in sections. Usually four, but I washed in six this evening.

I had to detangle my hair again. The detangling I did earlier was "quick". This one took forever and my body was hurting lol. I was begging my hair to have pity on my comb... the way it was bending and stretching like Gabby Douglas. Chei. I didn't finish until 9:11pm, for a grand total of........... wait for it............ three hours and 21 minutes.

Flat ironing is definitely out of the picture. If my hair won't pity my arms and back, I will lol.[/size]

I can definitely relate! I tried to do a wash in march or so, i sectioned the hair and was reluctantly excited to finally wash after so many days of procrastination, i went to the bathroom, all geared-"wash outfits", combs, music lol etc then i looked in the bathroom mirror and all i could see was this thick hair staring back at me and the memories of the past (3+hrs not including flat iron) wash looming fresh in my memory embarassed. Laziness overcame me and I instantly came up with an excuse of not washing it that day embarassed embarassed

You have a very beautiful hair
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Sissy3(f): 9:26pm On May 06, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Oops, didn't see this. Hi Sissy smiley lol.

My hair's in a bun most of the time. I used to flat iron it regularly to keep it manageable, but I got split ends... bad ones. I'm not a fan a braiding, never have been. The only time I'd braid my hair was to wear it wavy/curly the next day. I stopped that too though because braidouts = horrible tangles. So far, bunning has worked for me. They can get boring though, very fast lol.

The undergrowth for me isn't necessarily hard to manage. Working with it is time consuming though. Is your hair still natural?[/size]

Yup, it still is o. I'm in braids now, i plan to take it out next month and wear it out for a while. So will definitely try out the buns. What products do you use
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by fangho(f): 12:07pm On May 07, 2013
washing 10 minutes
blowing 15 minutes
totaly 25 minutes grin
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 07, 2013
fangho: washing 10 minutes
blowing 15 minutes
totaly 25 minutes grin

[size=13pt]Stop bragging! Lol.[/size]
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 07, 2013
~Sissy~:
I can definitely relate! I tried to do a wash in march or so, i sectioned the hair and was reluctantly excited to finally wash after so many days of procrastination, i went to the bathroom, all geared-"wash outfits", combs, music lol etc then i looked in the bathroom mirror and all i could see was this thick hair staring back at me and the memories of the past (3+hrs not including flat iron) wash looming fresh in my memory embarassed. Laziness overcame me and I instantly came up with an excuse of not washing it that day embarassed embarassed

You have a very beautiful hair

[size=13pt]Thanks Sissy smiley

I'm glad I'm not alone o! I'm the same. I have music blaring lol. It's actually very tiring. The other option obviously is to get it done at a salon, but a lot of stylists aren't gentle at all, not to mention expensive. Well, as we dey for the same boat, maybe one of us will come up with something that reduces the time or makes it less overwhelming and share with the other lol.[/size]

~Sissy~:
Yup, it still is o. I'm in braids now, i plan to take it out next month and wear it out for a while. So will definitely try out the buns. What products do you use

[size=13pt]Nice! I should probably get into braiding as well... much easier. I tend to use whatever is around and works lol. Whenever I shampoo, I use Organic Root Stimulator neutralizing shampoo. I dilute it with water though. I have some in an applicator bottle and use it that way. I use Neutrogena Triple Moisture deep recovery hair mask for moisture, and then Nexxus Emergencee whenever my hair needs strengthening. I used to use NTM's leave-in conditioner but they are costly and I go through them quickly. It works great though. I'm using the leave-in from Cantu Shea Butter. My current moisturizer is Elasta QP olive oil and mango butter. It's awesome and cheap lol. The time I got it, it was $3.99, buy one get one free. Works amazing and smells delicious too.

That's for now anyway. What I use changes so often as I get bored lol.[/size]

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Sissy3(f): 11:05pm On May 07, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Thanks Sissy smiley

I'm glad I'm not alone o! I'm the same. I have music blaring lol. It's actually very tiring. The other option obviously is to get it done at a salon, but a lot of stylists aren't gentle at all, not to mention expensive. Well, as we dey for the same boat, maybe one of us will come up with something that reduces the time or makes it less overwhelming and share with the other lol.[/size]

We seriously need to o esp now that i'm deciding to invest more in DIY haircare [size=2pt](lets see if laziness fit carry me reach a month sha)[/size]. Salon don dey tire me sef, the man have started complaining as if i have a choice to the number of hair follicles in my hair embarassed and it takes him even more hours than me to wash and flat iron grin

[size=13pt]Nice! I should probably get into braiding as well... much easier. I tend to use whatever is around and works lol. Whenever I shampoo, I use Organic Root Stimulator neutralizing shampoo. I dilute it with water though. I have some in an applicator bottle and use it that way. I use Neutrogena Triple Moisture deep recovery hair mask for moisture, and then Nexxus Emergencee whenever my hair needs strengthening. I used to use NTM's leave-in conditioner but they are costly and I go through them quickly. It works great though. I'm using the leave-in from Cantu Shea Butter. My current moisturizer is Elasta QP olive oil and mango butter. It's awesome and cheap lol. The time I got it, it was $3.99, buy one get one free. Works amazing and smells delicious too.

That's for now anyway. What I use changes so often as I get bored lol.[/size]
[/quote]

I do braiding to free my mind from the hair and as means of protective style. I use the Neutrogena Triple Daily Deep conditioner not every store has the deep mask sad. ApHogee leave in and castor oil moisturizer and jojoba oil to seal in the ends. I'm going to get a sulfate-free shampoo next wash.I need to do a product haul. Too many junks. Have you heard about coconut oil "relaxer"? Not a really a relaxer but a deep conditioner that sort of "straightens hair, heard it's good. I'm on a hunt for a really good flat iron
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 12:12am On May 08, 2013
I can categorically tell you all that it takes me 15 mins to have my hair cut. undecided
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 9:18am On May 08, 2013
CFCfan: I can categorically tell you all that it takes me 15 mins to have my hair cut. undecided

[size=13pt]You too, stop bragging lol.[/size]
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 9:23am On May 08, 2013
This cfcfan you are everywhere, undecided

As topic, pls I just removed my tiny braids of six months grin, you know, pregnancy et all...

Anyway, I want to keep my natural hair, but will like to also keep the relaxed one...I don't want a short hair,so what treatment or bio or not, can I use...

I want it soft too.....

NB ..... It's tinted! Blond smiley
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 9:31am On May 08, 2013
~Sissy~:
[/i]We seriously need to o esp now that i'm deciding to invest more in DIY haircare [size=2pt](lets see if laziness fit carry me reach a month sha)[/size]. Salon don dey tire me sef, the man have started complaining as if i have a choice to the number of hair follicles in my hair embarassed and it takes him even more hours than me to wash and flat iron grin

[size=13pt]Lol. As the years have gone by, I thought it would get easier. Instead, it hasn't gotten easier and it takes even longer lol.

And LOL! How on earth does it take him longer? Whenever I go, it takes 2.5 hours for everything, which is far less than me. Stylists are annoying though. They complain and charge ridiculously. I don't go often at all, especially for the money reason lol.[/size]

~Sissy~:
I do braiding to free my mind from the hair and as means of protective style. I use the Neutrogena Triple Daily Deep conditioner not every store has the deep mask sad. ApHogee leave in and castor oil moisturizer and jojoba oil to seal in the ends. I'm going to get a sulfate-free shampoo next wash.I need to do a product haul. Too many junks. Have you heard about coconut oil "relaxer"? Not a really a relaxer but a deep conditioner that sort of "straightens hair, heard it's good. I'm on a hunt for a really good flat iron

[size=13pt]Yeah, I can imagine. Talk about low maintenance. As summer dey approach, maybe I'll try it. It's hard to find the mask o. Whenever I go they're either out of stock or have one left lol. I've never tried ApHogee leave-in. I'll look into it.

I've heard about that "relaxer". I'm not exactly sure about the chemistry of it though, I'll have to research it. I've heard the same about yogurt too. Na wa lol. I wouldn't mind trying it though.

The flat iron I have is from FHI but I hardly use. If I could get any flat iron, it'd be a GHD. Very costly but they last long and have a lifetime warranty I believe.[/size]
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 9:32am On May 08, 2013
Vikin: This cfcfan you are everywhere, undecided

As topic, pls I just removed my tiny braids of six months grin, you know, pregnancy et all...

Anyway, I want to keep my natural hair, but will like to also keep the relaxed one...I don't want a short hair,so what treatment or bio or not, can I use...

I want it soft too.....

NB ..... It's tinted! Blond smiley

[size=13pt]@the bolded, how? I'm confused lol.[/size]
Re: How Long Do You Take To Do Your Hair? by Nobody: 9:42am On May 08, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]@the bolded, how? I'm confused lol.[/size]

The new growth, six month Afro natural is under the relaxed one...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's Your Favourite Skin Beauty Product ? / Ghana Braids Styled In To Ponytail, See Photos / Fashion Police In The Sun News Paper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.