Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,096 members, 7,821,795 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? (37175 Views)

What's The Oldest Car You've Driven / Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. / My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by calabaman(m): 5:44am On Aug 20, 2013
From lagos to akwa ibom using a nissan quest bus around march this year. Took about 8hrs...wud have been fun if the vehicles undercarriage didn't always scrape against the bad road btw umuhia and ikot ekpene. All in all a nice journey!

1 Like

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by EbirichBen(m): 5:46am On Aug 20, 2013
Alright ooooooooooooo. Mine was Bayelsa to Chad. It took me 1 and half day.
route.... Bayelsa - Delta - Edo - Kogi - Abuja - Kaduna - Kastina - Chad.
Distance - 923 sqmtr
Car Used - Datsun 2007 model
Stop Overs Not Included.
Godbless Nija and No Place Else.cheesy
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 5:54am On Aug 20, 2013
adaobi123: Abuja to enugu.

A day and a half

But I didn't drive though tongue
its less dan 8hrs,
Abj-nassarawa( Lafia) 2hrs,
Lafia-makurdi 45mins,
Makurdu -otikpo 30mins
Propo- enugu (nsuka) 2hrs.

Hw cm it took u 1.5days.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by acidiczuzzee: 5:55am On Aug 20, 2013
My longest journey was onitsha 2 yola via GUO luxerious mehn d journey far no b small like 15 2 16hrs

1 Like

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by deife(m): 6:03am On Aug 20, 2013
Mine's Lagos to Ibadan. I'm not so much into road transport cos of our bad roads.

1 Like

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 6:06am On Aug 20, 2013
henchyk: Well, I've driven from Alaska to Madagascar before and it was one hell of a journey.
this one na lie! choi
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 6:09am On Aug 20, 2013
First from PH to Lagos it took me 8hours but hv to stop at Agbor deliver some food stuff to my grand mum from my elder Sister. Then continue to Lagos. Although I didn't know d miles. 1996 Honda Accord. Again from Stuttgart to Berlin 6 half hours one way ,but was nt d driver in that Berlin trip.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by iyimide(m): 6:12am On Aug 20, 2013
aaidel: Lagos to illorin: Lagos-Ibadan-oyo-illorin going took about 8hrs but coming back was a lot quicker car was a 2010 toyota corolla

Broda abeg na where u pass wey u use 8hours? I do this every other week and its just 162 miles in 3hrs 10mins
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by bedc(m): 6:15am On Aug 20, 2013
Mine's Benin-onitsha-Owerri-Umuahia-Uyo-p/harcourt-Benin.
I no knw d mileage. I no knw d kilometer, but I knw d road & d joney long.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 6:19am On Aug 20, 2013
SA to NGA
Duration 1 week 3days
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by morenath(m): 6:22am On Aug 20, 2013
Idiroko to republic of togo with ford transit old model with 18passengers on an evangelis trip,stop annd check made d journey so lond but the worst of it was dat I drove another 8hours from togo to the akebur very close to burkinafaso......idiroko_porto novo_cotonou_hiladconji_lome.......5am to 1am next day with many stop and checks and d vehicle not to good for speedin +not my fada land

1 Like

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by badmeat(m): 6:25am On Aug 20, 2013
Abonnema water side,to bonny water side,with my yamaha xl33 speed boat,duration is 1hr,grin
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 20, 2013
nadia_SA: SA to NGA
Duration 1 week 3days
Mzansi! grin
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 6:33am On Aug 20, 2013
henchyk: Well, I've driven from Alaska to Madagascar before and it was one hell of a journey.
ur name must b Oscar undecided

1 Like

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 6:43am On Aug 20, 2013
Drove from Connecticut to Houston, TX.....total of 1800 Miles and spend 2 days (28hrs)

Connecticut
New York
New Jersey
West Virginia
Virginia
North Carolina
South Carolina
Georgia
Alabama
Mississippi
Louisiana
Houston, Texas.

Car.............1997 Lexus E300. Despite the age of the car, when i calculate my MPG, i got an average 28MPG.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by engrjamiu(m): 6:45am On Aug 20, 2013
Lagos to Sokoto
With Young shall grow
from oyingbo-Ibadan-Ogbomoso-ilorin-Niger-kebbi-sokoto
Took 24 hours.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by mzkanye(f): 6:47am On Aug 20, 2013
A family trip from Ife to Jos on a coaster bus!! Mhen it was damn far!morning to night!
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by OAR: 6:48am On Aug 20, 2013
aaidel: Lagos to illorin: Lagos-Ibadan-oyo-illorin going took about 8hrs but coming back was a lot quicker car was a 2010 toyota corolla

Dude, Lagos to Ilorin is just 4hrs. Max 5. Why would u do 8hrs on the road. With ur 8hrs am already in Abuja. Except u encountered traffic. And the places that would happen are ogere, and ibadan. You won't find traffic anywhere after that. Still made this trip last week in july.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by trublu(m): 6:53am On Aug 20, 2013
i went for my companannual convention feb.this year.i drove frome Bida,Niger State to Lagos.although i slept over in ibadan...i only started driving oct. Last year. Route-Bida-Mokwa-Jebba-ilorin-ogbomoso-oyo town-ibadan continued to Lagos,the following day. I drove my Honda bullet(sold)(dont know the model sha). I hope to travlel the same routenext month...in my peaguot 307.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by FlyboyZee: 6:59am On Aug 20, 2013
Krosswells: It took me to 6hrs to drive from Sydney to Perth in Australia with my Bugatti instead of 20hrs, it good to drive a good car
Please, wake up from your sleep (dream) its 7.00am around here.

3 Likes

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by chymoskylala(m): 6:59am On Aug 20, 2013
From owerri to baruten local government area in kwara[color=#770077][/color]
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Hummingbird: 7:00am On Aug 20, 2013
Kaduna to Iseyin(orientation camp) kaduna-Abuja-okene-Akure-Ibadan-Iseyin..got to camp around 11pm that day traveled in my toyota camry light,then Kaduna to Aladja(Udu Lga of Delta state)
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by EdidemOluomo: 7:02am On Aug 20, 2013
NnamdiN: Uyo to Ikot Ekpene(about 45minutes) grin that's the farthest my over-protective dad can allow. When I have my own ride, I intend to try uyo to Anambra

Uyo to Ikot Ekpene is 15mins ooooooo!
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 20, 2013
CFCfan:
Mzansi! grin
grin grin

Oya chnge ur signature now u want every1 to c how my country got flogged by urs cry
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Ashabie(f): 7:09am On Aug 20, 2013
Mine was from ikorodu to ikotun in my hubby baby boy! 10 hours drive,what a day! Terible traffic grin,the day I will never forget.I had to park the car after 10hours drive,in a filling station and take a bike home. The owner picked it up the following morning because my legs and back were dead!
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by adultebony(m): 7:10am On Aug 20, 2013
Wallie: Just came back a couple of days ago from a trip up north

Maryland -> Delaware -> New Jersey -> New York -> Connecticut -> Massachusetts -> New Hampshire -> Vermont -> Montreal QC -> Trois Rivieres QC

850 miles (1368 km) one way which is about 14 hours with no traffic but it probably took me about 17 hours to get back due to heavy snowfall in parts of Canada and Vermont.

I'm sure there are people that will easily beat the 850 mile distance as I know some people drive from the West Coast to the East Coast (2800 miles – 40 hours no traffic). I intend on trying it someday!

Wait, wait, wait, Waaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiit!!!! 40 HOURS, F O R T Y HOURS? within a Country. Common I know USA is continental but you mean it stretches that WIDE?
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Chrislaug(m): 7:11am On Aug 20, 2013
The longest trip I've ever embarked on with my car was on Sept 23rd 2012. I left Lagos to Mali by road. I crossed Seme border after d necessary paper work it took me nearly 20 hrs. to pass Benin Republic, then I entered Burkina Faso...the journey was exhilirating...had a little issue @ their border. Spent some money there. Next destination was Mali. Altogether I spent 52 hrs driving.
No place like Naija. I love my country.

1 Like

Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 20, 2013
adultebony:
Wait, wait, wait, Waaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiit!!!! 40 HOURS, F O R T Y HOURS? within a Country. Common I know USA is continental but you mean it stretches that WIDE?
las Vegas or California to new york is as far as Nigeria to Europe
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by EdidemOluomo: 7:12am On Aug 20, 2013
lonelydora: Port Harcourt to Kebbi.... Route: Ph-Benin-Abuja-Minna-Kontangora-Kebbi. In my 2003 V6 Accord. Was doing a minimum of 140km/hr. Left Ph around 5am and got to Kebbi around 11pm. Only God saved us that day.

Been looking for one wiv a V6 engine since.
Mine was from Uyo to Osogbo wiv an Eod V6,left Uyo
5:45am,arrived about 3pm
Route : Uyo to Umuahia thru Imo(Orlu and the rest)
To Onitsha-Asaba-Benin-Ore-Ondo-Ife then Osogbo.
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by mickyarams: 7:16am On Aug 20, 2013
From Abridge UK to Varna Bulgaria. It was almost 3000miles and took 3.5 days
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Bandy10: 7:18am On Aug 20, 2013
I drove Jos to Lagos
KM 1000
Hour 12-13 depending on traffic
Car Toyota Corolla 2010 model
Route Jos-Nasarawa-Abuja-Abaji-Lokoja-Okene~Owo~Akure~Ibadan~Lagos
Re: The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 20, 2013
5 hours to Raleigh North Carolina,a distance of about 300 miles one way from my set off point
Smooth ride
Didn't feel it at all
Yes I was the driver while oga slept
He drove the return journey sha and I blasted his favorite Duncan Mighty tunes grin
" port harcourt boy"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2018 Honda Jazz (photos And Features) / Mercedes Overtakes BMW As Biggest Luxury Car Brand. / Who Remember This Car? Who Can Guess Nickname?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.