Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,814 members, 7,844,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa (23104 Views)

Donald Trump To Chase Nigerians Out Of US / Opinion : State Of The Nation: Is The North Ready For A United Nigeria? / North Ready For Nigeria’s Breakup–junaid Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by aribisala0(m): 7:18pm On Jan 05, 2013
mrjingles: I dont usually comment on politics but if Ladbrokes were taking bets on 2015 election they would pay out on a GEJ victory before 2015. BECAUSE:
Pple calling him retardeen are suddenly his fans because they hate "the north" more than him, talk about "regionalism".
Am not a fan of the "biggest party in africa" but fact is it remains the only party with effective presence in every ward of every LG of every state in Nigeria, beating them will be very very tough.
"The north" will produce a lousy candidate and Voters will opt for the devil they know. Only a TOTAL ABJECT failure by the incumbent and a really quality opponent can change a GEJ 2015 victory- but what are the odds? even "the north" doesnt like their best candidates.

Everyone has opinions about who will win a game before it starts.

WHETHER OR NOT PEOPLE HATE THE NORTH DO THEY HATE THEMSELVES.

They have 19 states and the South have 17. Of those 17 the 6 in the SW are NOT guaranteed

Let us wait and see
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by talktimi(m): 7:19pm On Jan 05, 2013
Abdul Adam56: G.E.J in trouble za su ci uwarshi
Aboki shine my shoe grin
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by Smykell(m): 7:22pm On Jan 05, 2013
The northern have finally pick up their pen and have startd to write the letter for disintegration and war.....nigeria is not their fathers property that they can chase out anyone on it
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by ifebosco: 7:22pm On Jan 05, 2013
ilugunboy: *chase away* is wrong choice of words.

Northerners should not be seen to be overtly ganging up against GEJ and desperate to gain power or else it would backfire.
nice one, and backfire very badly
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by aribisala0(m): 7:26pm On Jan 05, 2013
ifebosco:
nice one, and backfire very badly
They have no reason to fear they have 19 states and are in a position to deny him we must not forget that if a first round vote results in a stalemate a simple majority decides. The North hold the knife and the Yam and in this government GEJ has given them two fingers showing a lot of disrespect. He will soon find out that our Northern PARTNERS NEVER forgive.The next presidential election will be purely a "tribal" affair
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by delvinmaya(m): 7:33pm On Jan 05, 2013
confusion247:
How is Nigeria not a mistake? Did GOD
create us as one? Have you forgotten the
name LORD LUGARD? Have you forgotten
this date 1914? Or have you forgotten this
word AMALGAMATION? How can you say
that Nigeria is not a mistake when we all
knew that injustice reigns supreme in
Nigeria? If Nigeria is not a mistake, why do
we have Arewa Consultative Forum,
Ohaneze, Afinifere, Boko Haram, MEND,
MASSOB, OPC? If Nigeria is not a mistake
why do we have federal character? Does USA
have federal character?
Please stop deceiving yourself. If Nigeria is
one, why won't Igbos rule? Nigeria is not
one and can never be. All efforts to prove
and pretend that we are one, is an effort for
to make a blind man see clearly that we are
not one.
DIVISION IS THE ANSWER. 1914
Amalgamation is the worst mistake ever in
the history of mankind.

Seriously? Like seriously? Is this dude high or just plain stupid? If Nigeria is a mistake, I assure you, his birth is a mistake, his very existence is a mistake.

mrjingles: I dont usually comment on politics but if Ladbrokes were taking bets on 2015 election they would pay out on a GEJ victory before 2015. BECAUSE:
Pple calling him retardeen are suddenly his fans because they hate "the north" more than him, talk about "regionalism".
Am not a fan of the "biggest party in africa" but fact is it remains the only party with effective presence in every ward of every LG of every state in Nigeria, beating them will be very very tough.
"The north" will produce a lousy candidate and Voters will opt for the devil they know. Only a TOTAL ABJECT failure by the incumbent and a really quality opponent can change a GEJ 2015 victory- but what are the odds? even "the north" doesnt like their best candidates.

Gbam. PDP remains the only party with a structure that has sustained them so far. In 1999, we had AD, n some oda parties, some have changed names. Odas have simply faded away. That is what structure does for you. Longevity
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 05, 2013
kettykin: The north in their real element with misplaces priorities and false and inept Religion , why not galvanize and chase out Boko Haram before tackling Jonathan
I don't know what's the problem with the power-hungry North. These people are somewhat barbaric to me,seriously! Is it a must Northerner must be the next president? Haven't they been in that position for long? JEEZ!!!
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by ifebosco: 7:41pm On Jan 05, 2013
aribisala0:
They have no reason to fear they have 19 states and are in a position to deny him we must not forget that if a first round vote results in a stalemate a simple majority decides. The North hold the knife and the Yam and in this government GEJ has given them two fingers showing a lot of disrespect. He will soon find out that our Northern PARTNERS NEVER forgive.The next presidential election will be purely a "tribal" affair
i voted him to office but im not happy in his first 2years, and if he continues like this,im in not going to vote for him again, my family and friends as well.but if the north want to chase him just for power sack,then i feel they are making a very big mistake.because what we need in nigeria is not tribal politics, is good governance thats all.please tellme 4things gej has done wrong to the north??
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by ifebosco: 7:50pm On Jan 05, 2013
all4naija: I don't know what's the problem with the power-hungry North. These people are somewhat barbaric to me,seriously! Is it a must Northerner must be the next president? Haven't they been in that position for long? JEEZ!!!
arewa is not north,is like you call ohaneze head of eastern people,this groups have lost the vote of the people long ago,they are alone on their own.they just have noise makes
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:56pm On Jan 05, 2013
Wouldn't it had been better if it read North Ready To Help Rebuild Nigeria? But then again am wasting my time
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by aribisala0(m): 8:02pm On Jan 05, 2013
ifebosco:
i voted him to office but im not happy in his first 2years, and if he continues like this,im in not going to vote for him again, my family and friends as well.but if the north want to chase him just for power sack,then i feel they are making a very big mistake.because what we need in nigeria is not tribal politics, is good governance thats all.please tellme 4things gej has done wrong to the north??

I do not believe he has necessarily done anything wrong to them(I do not speak for them) What has he done right for them . Has he made any more impact in their lives than Barack Obama or Queen Elizabeth. THEY have to look out for their own interests . We must not forget that the IJAW alone are NOT the NIGER delta but other groups in the Niger delta like Itshekiri,Urhobo Akwa Ibom have complained about the workings of the Niger Delta ministry,The Amnesty Programme the contracts to Tompolo etc all these things create the "IMPRESSION" that he is there for his people.
Look at his response to the flood that affected HIS PEOPLE. Hear his reason for not visiting Borno

Personally I believe Yar'Adua did the same but the difference is THE IJAW ALONE CANNOT VOTE HIM IN or even make any impact on the outcome of the voting.He should have tried to pretend a bit if he was interested in a second term. This approach will not work. Let us look at the example of Fashola the socalled Kingmaker wanted to remove him but had to acknowledge his popularity. The question is in this context is GEJ in the same position

The other thing I must point out is all these guys whether Ijaw or whatever when they get appointed are all rogues,Yes but they are the one who ,sadly, are able to mobilize for elections.That is how Nigeria works. He will soon find that Sylva,Diezani,Orubebe and Tompolo cannot save him. What can work is to appeal directly to the electorate by impacting their lives.Rigging will not work either and will only get him killed. Having a non Northerner as Chief of Army staff will not save him He has to deliver Let us wait and see.
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by maclatunji: 8:11pm On Jan 05, 2013
2Legit2Qui: Chase?

I laughed when I saw that headline. GEJ had better get his running shoes.
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by AdeniyiA(m): 8:15pm On Jan 05, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: Keepin a close eye.... cool
wat!... u better open your eyes wella b4 it's too late....
'to ba n gbo gbe gbe gbe....'
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by dejijohns(m): 8:19pm On Jan 05, 2013
Omen100:

what will you have him say? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, even me say ok to it.
Bird of a feather na d same mama born dem...
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by juman(m): 8:32pm On Jan 05, 2013
aribisala0: There is no substitute for performance especially for a minority President like GEJ. He must show his report card

Hmmmm!!!

The masses (electorates) are the greatest asset of any politician. Good performance is important.
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by ifihearam: 8:33pm On Jan 05, 2013
aribisala0:

I do not believe he has necessarily done anything wrong to them(I do not speak for them) What has he done right for them . Has he made any more impact in their lives than Barack Obama or Queen Elizabeth. THEY have to look out for their own interests . We must not forget that the IJAW alone are NOT the NIGER delta but other groups in the Niger delta like Itshekiri,Urhobo Akwa Ibom have complained about the workings of the Niger Delta ministry,The Amnesty Programme the contracts to Tompolo etc all these things create the "IMPRESSION" that he is there for his people.
Look at his response to the flood that affected HIS PEOPLE. Hear his reason for not visiting Borno

Personally I believe Yar'Adua did the same but the difference is THE IJAW ALONE CANNOT VOTE HIM IN or even make any impact on the outcome of the voting.He should have tried to pretend a bit if he was interested in a second term. This approach will not work. Let us look at the example of Fashola the socalled Kingmaker wanted to remove him but had to acknowledge his popularity. The question is in this context is GEJ in the same position

The other thing I must point out is all these guys whether Ijaw or whatever when they get appointed are all rogues,Yes but they are the one who ,sadly, are able to mobilize for elections.That is how Nigeria works. He will soon find that Sylva,Diezani,Orubebe and Tompolo cannot save him. What can work is to appeal directly to the electorate by impacting their lives.Rigging will not work either and will only get him killed. Having a non Northerner as Chief of Army staff will not save him He has to deliver Let us wait and see.

Its ITSEKIRI nt itshekiri. Tnk u
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by bola4dprec(m): 8:35pm On Jan 05, 2013
Nigeria 2nd civil war is on the way
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by bola4dprec(m): 8:36pm On Jan 05, 2013
I will always be myself Arewa for life
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by Yujin(m): 8:42pm On Jan 05, 2013
aribisala0:

I agree with you on this but previous posts were just jokes. Arewa whatever you see is just the workings of blind men who cannot sense the direction of the present wind. Out of the 19 northern states, how many are 'arewa' just like out of the south GEJ ain't sure of 6 which the wise know. Mr. The core north have given the wise enough warnings as regards 2015. Anyone caught unawares should have himself to blame. SNC remains the best option before 2015 or else...
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by tomakint: 8:52pm On Jan 05, 2013
SUBMARINE: Power must come back to the North. Pls does it include Northern Christians or Minority Muslim. If Hausa-fulani likes, let them form alliances with every jobless parties, 2015 power will continue to go round until the South-South, Igbos and Non-Hausa-Fulani Northerners rules Nigeria.
What more can I say? Surely, u av said it all and may the Good God of Heaven seal it like that (Amen)! Northern Muslims (Hausa-Fulani) should wait till 2027! cool

1 Like

Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 05, 2013
blink182: and have you thought where Nigeria will be today if people like jonathan have been ruling for 40 years? There won't even be a Nigeria today.
guy, bone dat tn. I prefer Jona to dose hoodlums. Dey r actually d reasn naija isnt movin fwd under jona. Tho i bliv he isnt a presido material,d arewas r worsenin d situation via BH n fake news abt his govt.
I av said it bfr: Nig beta divides, ds unity isnt working @ all
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by godsony: 9:01pm On Jan 05, 2013
All of u are crazy! By 2015, shakarau,boko haram kinpin will be
President North East,other islamic torrorists will cease N West,
Middle BELT will be embroiled in liberation war with islamists
S W will declear OUDUA Republic,Ironically,d S E will not want to
Secede ,they will seek alliance with S S. We simply don't trust
Ourselves anymore

what will you have him say? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, even me say ok to it.[/quote]
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by AndreUweh(m): 9:01pm On Jan 05, 2013
tomakint:
What more can I say? Surely, u av said it all and may the Good God of Heaven seal it like that (Amen)! Northern Muslims (Hausa-Fulani) should wait till 2027! cool
co-signed.
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by kenzspunpy(m): 9:22pm On Jan 05, 2013
Frankly, I believe the North is playing to the gallery in their desperation to seize power at all cost. On what grounds must they rule? The north has been in power for over 40years and nobody agitated for power in the south. If these so called northern elders are serious about development in the north, they should deploy their energy towards tackling Boko Haram, which is crippling their economy and rendering them poorer rather than gang up against GEJ. How are we sure these northern elders aren't playing politics with Boko Haram? Even though I don't admire GEJ, I believe he is a child of circumstance and he is indeed riding his luck. For me, as long as Nigeria remains the way it is, GEJ can be President in 2015 regardless of the fact that his popularity has waned drastically. Even the egocentric and over- bearing Governors forum can't stop him. The strategy is simple; since he has a strong hold on the PDP leadership, all he needs to do is factionalise any state that is proving difficult, admit his faction at d PDP convention as against d governor's faction, and he will win d party ticket! The final huddle is rigging at the general election! Every in US, an election was manipulated in favour of George bush against Al Gore!!

I think the North need to thread softly with this power grabbing thing. I know my position isn't 100% plausible because GEJ winning 2015 is pregnant with a lot of security concerns, but the worst case scenario is a civil war and possible break- up. But can the North even risk a break-up? Believe me, they don't want to go, forget the empty noise about their bullish attitude of willingness to secede. No doubt they will survive, but it will take a lot of hard work and governors of these region are lazy. Allocation from federation account has spoilt them....
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by aribisala0(m): 9:48pm On Jan 05, 2013
It sounds as if the south are frightened.They are saying they will contest why must that lead to civil war.This is democracy let them contest.All those who are interested should meet them on the field. As the saying goes : "Na when market set we go know who bring who come market"
Afterall Nigeria have the right to say we must win The AFCON or the World Cup. They win the cup by playing football NOT shooting guns. If the North Contest and win what is the problem??
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by Eziachi: 9:52pm On Jan 05, 2013
Billyonaire: God, Allah, these Northerners are always talking about God, Allah and Power when it comes to Presidency. It is the weakness of Political structures like Political parties that allow for mushroom organizations formed by illiterates to hold press conference and spew incoherent gabbage daily in this country. This is what happens when a Pastor Chris Okotie is bigger than Fresh Party, A Buhari is bigger than CPC and a Tinubu is bigger than ACN. The very thing I love about PDP, is that the Party is bigger than all the members, we can see how OH BEE JAY was stylishly shown the way out of BoT, when he planned to lord over the party for ever, and PDP conducts open primaries. Now, lets go back to these junkies from the North. Should all the mushroom groups in the Boko Enclave merge and form a formidable non-allah party with national representation and Allah-less manifesto, then there will be a chance to 'chase' Jonathan out of 'allah villa', without that, PDP will rule for 99yrs. Oh lest I forget, do they know that their most powerful Babangidas, AbdulSallams and Atikus are PDP members meaning merging of all mushroom groups will be glorified pure water sellers Party ?...I am not a prophet of doom, but I say the North is more divided than any other part of this wonderful republic.
So, in your opinion, PDP was bigger than OBJ between 2003 and 2007? If PDP is bigger than its members, why was its rule or turn by turn presidency ignored to make way for Jonathan in 2011?, its nice to be honest with yourselves sometimes. Whoever that live inside your Aso Rock Villa is always bigger than PDP. That is the fact and truth.
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by salt1: 9:53pm On Jan 05, 2013
aribisala0:

Everyone has opinions about who will win a game before it starts.

WHETHER OR NOT PEOPLE HATE THE NORTH DO THEY HATE THEMSELVES.

They have 19 states and the South have 17. Of those 17 the 6 in the SW are NOT guaranteed

Let us wait and see
You talk of the North as a homogeneous group and include Benue, Taraba,Kogi, Plateau in your 19 States. I don't think that's a right attitude knowing the running battle these Folks have with the core North
You also may not remember that the President of Nig needs a certain percentage of votes from alL regions, votes that the North may not easily get cos they don't have critical mass of Northerners living outside the North. I think BH knows these facts and is struggling to reduce southern and christian presence in the North to ensure no Southern gets the minimum votes required.
I may be wrong but these are my thoughts
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 05, 2013
ifihearam: Well as a man of the inside bench let me tell some ignorant people what will happen in the nearest future here in Nigeria.
Firstly,GEJ will occupy that office till 2019,he will hand over to the middle belt,dont want to tell you his name but definitely not senate president sha.

one thing i am very sure is that the northerners will not occupy the presidency anytime soon and the ibos will NEVER smell the office of the president,nor be curse oo,but its written. As i write to you now,plans are going on to eliminate the president by members of his own cabinet,so the vice president can emerge as the president hereby hijacking the presidency for years,but god has aborted the plans because he planted GEJ there for us and we are happy he is the president.

May i also use this mediul to reiterate that the president means well for this country but alas those power that be are the forces against the backwardness and stagnancy of our dear country nigeria but God will visit so many of them with death for this country to move forward.

he that has ears let him hear.
Igbos will never smell d post? What are u? A fortune teller? Go and sit down joor. Did anybody bliv an Ijaw man wl rule d nation bfr nw?
O ga eme unu vam na anya.
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by Eziachi: 9:58pm On Jan 05, 2013
godsony: All of u are crazy! [b]By 2015, shakarau,boko haram kinpin will be
President North Eas[/b]t,other islamic torrorists will cease N West,
Middle BELT will be embroiled in liberation war with islamists
S W will declear OUDUA Republic,Ironically,d S E will not want to
Secede ,they will seek alliance with S S. We simply don't trust
Ourselves anymore

what will you have him say? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, even me say ok to it.
This Boko Haram people seems to change their kingpin like underpant. I thought you guys says that Buhari is the kingpin and sometimes its Atiku, IBB wears that crown at some point and today you bestowed it on Shekarau. Haba! "Magana Jari shi"
Re: North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa by aribisala0(m): 9:59pm On Jan 05, 2013
salt 1:
You talk of the North as a homogeneous group and include Benue, Taraba,Kogi, Plateau in your 19 States. I don't think that's a right attitude knowing the running battle these Folks have with the core North
You also may not remember that the President of Nig needs a certain percentage of votes from alL regions, votes that the North may not easily get cos they don't have critical mass of Northerners living outside the North. I think BH knows these facts and is struggling to reduce southern and christian presence in the North to ensure no Southern gets the minimum votes required.
I may be wrong but these are my thoughts

Whether or not they are a homogenous group what has GEJ done to win their support. Even in the SS and SE it is not sure for GEJ
What do dou mean by "attitude" ?
I think you misuse that word
The president does NOT need a certain percentage from ALL regions in fact there is NO SUCH THING AS REGION in our constitution.
GEJ is from an ethnic minority and cannot gather enough votes BASED ON SENTIMENT ALONE. He must do something to convince others to vote for him.He has two more years to do this

In fact a lot of us in the west voted for him out of sentiment and resentment for the claim by the North that it was "their turn" What have we got in return.? Insults and contempt . You can be almost certain he will not win the SW this time.

This is a map of how we voted last time. He better study it carefully. The reality of Northern Nigeria is The governors must work for him if he is to win and he needs the SW. So far he has been contemptuous of the SW or that is the perception anyway and he needs to work on that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2011_Nigerian_presidential_election.JPG

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lagos Signs MOU For Fourth Mainland Bridge / "It Is God's Will That I Will Become President Of Nigeria One Day" - Fayose / Rivers Election: My Mandate Was Stolen — Awara Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.