Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,132 members, 7,821,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

The Necessity Of Jesus' Sacrifice - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Necessity Of Jesus' Sacrifice (2570 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Jesus Sacrifice Was To Who Exactly / What Did Jesus Sacrifice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Necessity Of Jesus' Sacrifice by okeyxyz(m): 9:24pm On Jan 08, 2013
musKeeto: Another Ihedinobi in the making.. So many words, little substance, can't even define sacrifice..
Smh..

So in your "wisdom", This is not a definition:
okeyxyz:
Simple!! Sacrifice means giving up something of value with the hope of getting another of greater value.

You should be "smh.." at yourself, not me, for not being able to process information.
Re: The Necessity Of Jesus' Sacrifice by greatgenius: 9:51pm On Jan 08, 2013
okeyxyz:

#True! God's love or gift is unconditional and what that means is it is freely available to any that believes, whether "jew or gentile", but the benefits of this gift is achieved only by those who make efforts to utilize this gift.
if it is available to any that believes then it is not unconditional..if you have to believe to receive the love then it is not unconditional but conditional. i don't know if you truly understand what unconditional really means..
Like I'd illustrated with real life analogies: If you are in school, it is an opportunity(gift) to excel intellectually, but you have to actually participate in the learning & scoring processes to actually be awarded a degree, not by playing truancy.
again thats conditional. in order for you to be awarded a degree you are expected to do something in return..
The parable of the talents illustrates this principle. Every reward comes by work\sacrifice.
you seem to be confusing something being conditional to unconditional.

#Why do you say true love is non-threatening? This is pure human sentimentality and a corruption of spirituality.
yes true love is non threatening.. and actually i think you have an issue with what true love is all about.
True love warns you of dangers of not abiding by the true practices.
what true practices? true practices according to who.
True love is tough, not feeble.
lol either or is a conditional love not true love...
If your teacher warns you to take your studies seriously, else failure will be your inheritance, how can that not be true love?
again that is conditional love because an expectation has been set..
Yes, he's always available(unconditional) to help you when you need help & guidiance
ok good
but he'll never reward you for refusing to study & do your assignments.
again an expectation has been set..

i kept my responses short for obvious reasons. i want you to think and see how humans have confused their concept of conditional love with God's unconditional love..
Re: The Necessity Of Jesus' Sacrifice by greatgenius: 10:20pm On Jan 08, 2013
The grand illusion which mankind has engaged itself in is to think that God cares one way or the other what we do..his love is unconditional no matter what and he does not care what you do..i know this is hard for most people but that is the damn truth..

God created the process of life and life itself as you know it. Yet God gave us free choice, to do with life as you will. what you do is your own business..in this sense your will for you is God's will for you..

It is not God’s function to create, or uncreate, the circumstances or conditions of our lifes. we are all created, in the image and likeness of God. and as God in flesh with the creative power of the universe on our lips we have created the rest, through the power God has given us.

you are experiencing and living your lofe the way you are living your life. God has no preference.
Re: The Necessity Of Jesus' Sacrifice by aurenflani: 12:28am On Jan 09, 2013
Chuksxp: That's the thing, Jesus sacrifice is necessary to us and God. And it is more important than animal sacrifice. Animal sacrifice was a temporary covering for sin, it could never really cleanse us from sin (see Hebrew 10:11)

Yes, God is omnipotent. He can do anything. But He will never go against His own word/law. According to His law, the wages of sin is death (see Romans 6:23) and the soul that sins shall die (see Ezekiel 18:4b). He is a just God who keeps to His word. He couldn't just let us off the hook just because He could. That would make Him unjust. Think about it, how would you view a judge in a law court who out-rightly declares a murderer to be innocent? Everyone would be outraged by his unjust judgement, right?

On the other hand, God is a merciful and loving God. It is not His will for anyone to perish for their sins (see 2 Peter 3:9). So then, what should a MERCIFUL and JUST God do to sinners/law breakers like us? If He gives us the punishment we deserve, then what about His mercy? If He overlooks our offenses and let's us off the hook, then what about His justice? Being a great God that He is, He made a perfect plan. He poured out His wrath and justice on Jesus so that He would have mercy on us. He expressed His Mercy and justice simultaneously!

Back to the law court scenario: so the just judge sentences the murderer to life imprisonment or a billion naira fine. And of course the murderer couldn't pay. Then all of a sudden, the judge's son steps in and pays the billion naira fine on behalf of the murderer so he would be set free. He pays the debt the murderer owed so the murderer could be forgiven and released.

I hope this clarified some things for you. God bless!

But how can you be judge for murder that you have not committed?

Is like saying a just judge sentenced you for an offence your great, great, great grand father is supposed to have committed. That is a weired case. Please do not hang your salvation on that assumption. It is not worth it. Your soul is too precious to be bartered on some ancient tricks.
Re: The Necessity Of Jesus' Sacrifice by Chuksxp: 12:09am On Jan 10, 2013
aurenflani:

But how can you be judge for murder that you have not committed?

Is like saying a just judge sentenced you for an offence your great, great, great grand father is supposed to have committed. That is a weired case. Please do not hang your salvation on that assumption. It is not worth it. Your soul is too precious to be bartered on some ancient tricks.

So you're saying that if I'm found guilty of a crime in a law court, and given a fine to pay, someone else cannot pay the fine on my behalf? Someone cannot bail me?
Re: The Necessity Of Jesus' Sacrifice by hopefulLandlord: 8:00pm On Mar 07, 2017
he sent himself to sacrifice himself to himself to save us from himself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Necessity Of Jesus' Sacrifice by hahn(m): 8:08pm On Mar 07, 2017
Chuksxp:

So you're saying that if I'm found guilty of a crime in a law court, and given a fine to pay, someone else cannot pay the fine on my behalf? Someone cannot bail me?

Of course you can be bailed but it is immoral to then suggest that just because the person bailed you you are no more responsible for your action and your criminal record has been wiped away

Besides, this is not bailing here. Jesus is actually supposed to bear your cross but he woke up 3 days later. What kind of sacrifice is that? He should have stayed dead

1 Like

Re: The Necessity Of Jesus' Sacrifice by adewuyi2012: 4:32pm On Mar 08, 2017
Are you a christian youth brother or sister..
do you want to join "the family" where we relate with each other, have fun, share knowledge, help one another to secure jobs, share the word of God, and keep ourselves with the latest on the world around us.
for each day, below are the subjects we will be discussing:
Monday -sport
Tuesday: music
Wednesday :love and relationship
Thursday: movies
Friday: politics
Saturday: general issues-internet, education,comedy, jobs e.t.c.
Sunday: Bible study

For each day, an Admin will post a matter relating to his or her area as indicated above, then others will start commenting and sharing knowledge on the matter.
please if u would like to join us, kindly click the link below to join or chat me up 07087844062.
https:///C4Lk1oJbcoH9gm546PkkyL

Please use google chrome

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do Atheists Believe In The Existence Of The Spiritual Realm? / Free Online Bible School With Certiicate Of Completion / Sowore: Why Olukoya Is Dragging Me To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.