Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,942 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award (47902 Views)

FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 / PICTURES: PROUD WINNER ... Lionel Messi Shows Off The Ballon D'or Award / Messi Wins Ballon D'or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Arsenate(m): 8:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
When they say that la liga is all about 2 teams, u would expect the epl teams to dominate in the europa league. But that's not the case. Even there the Bilbaos, the villareals, the athletico madrids have consistently shown that they are better than the spurs, fulhams, stokes etc. In summary;
top teams in la liga>top teams in epl
Mid table teams in la liga>mid table teams in epl
La liga>>epl...FACT

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by carzola(m): 8:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
loswhite: messi was really outstanding
outstandin wey? cr7.was outstandin in england went to spain nd did sem tin.. my guy wake up are u nt tired of hearin bacelona here nd der wen der futball hasnt changed no new tactic sem old passin passin..
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by knick(m): 8:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
The true choice no doubt.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by fredoooooo: 8:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
cry me a river ...no cry me an ocean , crynaldo cry me an ocean ........ grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by EzePromoe: 8:15pm On Jan 07, 2013
Congrats to Messi but if he's a real player he should try to play for other clubs. Not playing in all his lifetime where his been fed the ball in his mouth by Xavi and co. Ronaldo won it Man United and is still a contender in Real Madrid. Messi, the one-legged dwarf grin
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by surveyProf(m): 8:15pm On Jan 07, 2013
OAM4J: Messi actually deserves it, but i feel for Ronaldo sha.

Congrats.

Messi remains one of the greatest, u can never take dat away frm him!
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by karpentar: 8:15pm On Jan 07, 2013
Nashoji: Lie lie fifa don rob us oooo

If you're looking for who to blame, look beyond FIFA. FIFA doesn't vote. The winner was chosen by coaches and captains of National teams. Think! It's easy
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by MrTAnonymous(m): 8:16pm On Jan 07, 2013
mukina2: Fifa is stupid abeg angry
politics don take over.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:

To do what?

Maybe you shuld tell Kobe Bryant to come to Ebun Comets and prove himself

LWKMD! grin grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Seyilome(m): 8:16pm On Jan 07, 2013
Havilah93: messi and his spanish.....

Abeg who fit translate?
messi said" To tell you the truth, this is really quite
unbelievable. The fourth award that I've
had is beyond words. I want to thank my
colleagues from Barcelona and recognise
my friends from the national team. I must
thank my family and my friends, and
especially my wife and my son."
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by lateef4me(m): 8:17pm On Jan 07, 2013
He should come aand prove himself in Italy or England .
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by omicron(m): 8:17pm On Jan 07, 2013
"To tell you the truth, this is really quite unbelievable. The fourth award that I've had is beyond words. I want to thank my colleagues from Barcelona and recognise my friends from the national team. I must thank my family and my friends, and especially my wife and my son."
2012 Ballon d'Or winner Lionel Messi! Congrats Messi!
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by denniman: 8:17pm On Jan 07, 2013
Messi again?
Well, am not surprised coz he deserves it.CR7 should wait on d Lord,his time will come soon.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by 2sign: 8:17pm On Jan 07, 2013
@dayokanu,fantastic i love wat u said abt kobe,dy'l always hate,d guys just 2 gud.I BEG HOW ORORO FACE WHEN DM DECLARE MESSI AS D WINNA
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by boron10(m): 8:17pm On Jan 07, 2013
I hate to be Ronaldo right now
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by siddiq202(m): 8:17pm On Jan 07, 2013
veraponpo: Record-breaking Messi
Most goals in a calendar year: 91
Most goals in a season: 68
• [s]Most goals in a European Cup season: 14 (jointly with Jose Altafini) [/s]
Most goals in a La Liga season: 50
Most La Liga hat-tricks in a season: 8
• [s]Most European Cup top scorer awards: 4 (with Gerd Mueller) [/s]
• [s]Most goals in a single European Cup game: 5 [/s]
• [s]Most goals scored in Spanish Super Cup: 10 [/s]
• [s]Most consecutive La Liga matches scored in: 10[/s]
• [s]Most goals in Club World Cup: 4 (held jointly with Denilson) [/s]
• Barcelona's top goalscorer in all official competitions: 286
• Barcelona's record goalscorer in Champions League: 56
• Most La Liga hat-tricks: 15

...HOW MANY TROPHIES CAN HE SHOW FOR IT KING'S CUP
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Arsenate(m): 8:17pm On Jan 07, 2013
mrlycan: Fuk messi. Come to england
deluded epl fan. Y'all better wake up. Even bundesliga is superior to ur overrated crappy, kick and follow EPL.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by mamagee3(f): 8:18pm On Jan 07, 2013
Fifa are dubious, they gave the ballon d'or to a player that didn't win any major trophy in 2012.

It would have even made sense if Iniesta won it, at least he won the European Championship.

I always knew this worthless award has always been worthless after the 2009 edition.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 8:18pm On Jan 07, 2013
Arsenate: When they say that la liga is all about 2 teams, u would expect the epl teams to dominate in the europa league. But that's not the case. Even there the Bilbaos, the villareals, the athletico madrids have consistently shown that they are better than the spurs, fulhams, stokes etc. In summary;
La liga>>epl...FACT

Well said

If madrid and barca come to EPL it would immediately become a 2 team league where the likes of Chelsea, Man utd, Arsenal would be fighting for Europa cup space

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by yemhosky: 8:18pm On Jan 07, 2013
free13: Is this la liga 11?
grin grin grin grin

Just to let you know your overrated EPL only uses par and below par players.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by karpentar: 8:19pm On Jan 07, 2013
mukina2: sepp blatter should go and hug transformer jor grin

Why would sepp batter hug transformer? There's so much ignorance on this forum. Who told you FIFA was behind expected messi win? The choice was made by coaches and captains of National teams. Think! It's easy

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by coogar: 8:19pm On Jan 07, 2013
Arsenate: When they say that la liga is all about 2 teams, u would expect the epl teams to dominate in the europa league. But that's not the case. Even there the Bilbaos, the villareals, the athletico madrids have consistently shown that they are better than the spurs, fulhams, stokes etc. In summary;
La liga>>epl...FACT

epl teams don't care about the europa - there's no motivation to win it. staying in the premier league attracts more money than winning even the champions league. mid-table teams in england cannot afford to add europa league fixtures to the already congested football fixtures in england. it's not like winning europa league even pays any big money so what's the point. england have 3 domestic competitons, spain and most european leagues have only 2 so you can understand why english clubs don't give a toss about europa league!
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Hotdiamond(m): 8:19pm On Jan 07, 2013
So Who 's the second best soccer player in the world
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by mukina2: 8:20pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:

[img]http://laurasheehan.files./2012/01/haterafrican.jpg[/img]
grin grin grin you nor serious grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by MrTAnonymous(m): 8:20pm On Jan 07, 2013
Tired of Fifa's politics.*leaves d thread angrily*
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 8:20pm On Jan 07, 2013
mama-gee:
Fifa are dubious, they gave the ballon d'or to a player that didn't win any major trophy in 2012.

It would have even made sense if Iniesta won it, at least he won the European Championship.

I always knew this worthless award has always been worthless after the 2009 edition.

I agree with you mamagee Mikel should have won it since he won the Champions league

FIFA is not FAIR

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by LoveKing(m): 8:20pm On Jan 07, 2013
siddiq202:

EVERYTHING IS NOT ALL ABOUT GOALS...HOW MANY TROPHIES CAN HE SHOW FOR IT KINGS CUP

your bad belle dey smell.
you talking about trophies? are you sure you know who we talking about?
abeg nor go let jeunjeune kill you oh
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by GentleNaaz(m): 8:20pm On Jan 07, 2013
Cr7 ws so unlucky 2 hv messi during hs footbal carreer

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by elampiro(m): 8:21pm On Jan 07, 2013
coogar:

he's a shape shifter......he cannot stay in an argument without bringing rubbish analogies to it. he suddenly thinks aguero, michu, silva and mata are ruling in england. none of them has a golden boot or won the pfa player of the season and yet dayo singlehandedly put them on the epl throne with a thorny crown to boot!

at least zidane won individual awards, the best player in the world and blah blah blah. which individual award have aguero, michu, silva and mata won? please prove to all and sundry you are not a goat. over 600 members are reading this thread. over to you.....officer dayo!

Thanks for answering appropriately. He shifts a lot.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dopeJemi: 8:21pm On Jan 07, 2013
Barca Can't pLay swansea or wolverhampton or even bLackburn

Fact

D epL is d hardest League in d worLd

Fact

La Liga is intimidating, if Messi comes 2 engLand, dat injury wey e never get b4 E go get ​a♏ 4 life
undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (33) (Reply)

PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (2 - 0) On 28th September 2021 / Chelsea vs Liverpool - ( 0 - 2) On 20th September 2020 / Manchester United VS Derby County: Carabao Cup (7 - 8 On Pens : 25-09-2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.