Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,697 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian (12475 Views)

Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push In Life / Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push / List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by inspiredbyGOD(m): 8:42am On Jan 08, 2013
We all need to be lifted up and encouraged at times and the Bible
is a great source for
encouragement.The Bible is the
living word of God and feeds us
through the promises of God found in scripture. Lemme post some Bible verses for encouragement.
Strength Quotes For
Encouragement

Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in
dread of them, for it is the LORD
your God who goes with you. He will
not leave you or forsake you.”

Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I
am your God; I will strengthen you,
I will help you, I will uphold you with
my righteous right hand.
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by inspiredbyGOD(m): 8:44am On Jan 08, 2013
Zephaniah 3:17
The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who
will save; he will rejoice over you
with gladness; he will quiet you by
his love; he will exult over you with
loud singing.

1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you that is not
common to man. God is faithful,
and he will not let you be tempted
beyond your ability, but with the
temptation he will also provide the
way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by inspiredbyGOD(m): 8:45am On Jan 08, 2013
2 Corinthians 4:16-18
So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is
wasting away, our inner self is
being renewed day by day. For this
light momentary affliction is
preparing for us an eternal weight
of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are
seen but to the things that are
unseen. For the things that are
seen are transient, but the things
that are unseen are eternal.
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by inspiredbyGOD(m): 8:46am On Jan 08, 2013
Deuteronomy 31:8
It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be
with you; he will not leave you or
forsake you. Do not fear or be
dismayed.”
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by inspiredbyGOD(m): 8:48am On Jan 08, 2013
Psalm 9:9
The LORD is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in
times of trouble. And those who
know your name put their trust in
you, for you, O LORD, have not
forsaken those who seek you.

Psalm 23:4
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow
of death, I will fear no evil, for you
are with me; your rod and your
staff, they comfort me.
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by inspiredbyGOD(m): 8:49am On Jan 08, 2013
Matthew 11:28-29
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and
I will give you rest. Take my yoke
upon you, and learn from me, for I
am gentle and lowly in heart, and
you will find rest for your souls.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the
world gives do I give to you. Let
not your hearts be troubled,
neither let them be afraid.
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by inspiredbyGOD(m): 8:50am On Jan 08, 2013
John 16:33
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have
peace. In the world you will have
tribulation. But take heart; I have
overcome the world.”

Romans 8:6
For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the
mind on the Spirit is life and peace.
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by inspiredbyGOD(m): 8:52am On Jan 08, 2013
Philippians 4:6-7
do not be anxious about anything, but in everything
by prayer and supplication with
thanksgiving let your requests be
made known to God. And the
peace of God, which surpasses all
understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ
Jesus.

Colossians 3:15
And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to
which indeed you were called in one
body. And be thankful.
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by inspiredbyGOD(m): 8:56am On Jan 08, 2013
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for
you," declares the LORD, "plans
to prosper you and not to harm
you, plans to give you hope and
a future.
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by inspiredbyGOD(m): 8:57am On Jan 08, 2013
Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this
is what I seek: that I may dwell in
the house of the LORD all the
days of my life, to gaze upon the
beauty of the LORD and to seek
him in his temple.

Isaiah 40:31
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength. They
will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow
weary, they will walk and not be
faint.
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by inspiredbyGOD(m): 8:59am On Jan 08, 2013
Lemme stop with this verse

Romans 8:31

What, then, shall we say in
response to this? If God is for us,
who can be against us?

My answer: NOBODY!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by christemmbassey(m): 9:34am On Jan 08, 2013
inspiredbyGOD:.:
Lemme stop with this verse

Romans 8:31

What, then, shall we say in
response to this? If God is for us,
who can be against us?

My answer: NOBODY!!!!!!!
tnx bro, now where are the atheists, the acuser of the brethren? ''becos they refused to retain God in their knowledge, God gave a reprobate heart.......', all the corrupt and devilish arguments and mis representations of bible verses are purnishments from God.
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 08, 2013
The Biblical verses are speaking for themselves. The Christians are shocked, forced to shoot guns aimlessly like Rambo's victims.

Newsflash: the Bible wasn't written by an atheist.
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 08, 2013
@Rey: no need to correct them. They're only speaking like their Father.

1 Samuel, chapter 15, verse 3: "Go
now and put Amalek to the sword,
putting to the curse all they have,
without mercy: put to death every
man and woman, every child and
baby at the breast, every ox and
sheep, camel and ass."

Hosea, chapter 13, verse 16 (chapter
14, verse 1 in some translations):
"Samaria will be made waste, for she
has gone against her God: they will
be cut down by the sword, their little
children will be broken on the rocks,
their women who are with child will
be cut open."

"And the earth opened her mouth,
and swallowed them up, and their
houses, and all the men that
appertained unto Korah, and all their
goods. They, and all that appertained
to them, went down alive into the pit,
and the earth closed upon them: and
they perished from among the
congregation. And all Israel that were
round about them fled at the cry of
them: for they said, Lest the earth
swallow us up also. And there came
out a fire from the LORD, and
consumed the two hundred and fifty
men that offered incense." (Numbers
16:32-35)
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by cyrexx: 10:03am On Jan 08, 2013
christemmbassey: tnx bro, now where are the atheists, the acuser of the brethren? ''becos they refused to retain God in their knowledge, God gave a reprobate heart.......', all the corrupt and devilish arguments and mis representations of bible verses are purnishments from God.

seriously?

are we not quoting from the bible?

Are you telling us it is devilish to quote frrom the bible?

Have you ever read the whole bible, both O.T. and N.T. ,;for yourself?

We didnt write it, remember.
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by christemmbassey(m): 10:06am On Jan 08, 2013
musKeeto: @Rey: no need to correct them. They're only speaking like their Father.

1 Samuel, chapter 15, verse 3: "Go
now and put Amalek to the sword,
putting to the curse all they have,
without mercy: put to death every
man and woman, every child and
baby at the breast, every ox and
sheep, camel and ass."

Hosea, chapter 13, verse 16 (chapter
14, verse 1 in some translations):
"Samaria will be made waste, for she
has gone against her God: they will
be cut down by the sword, their little
children will be broken on the rocks,
their women who are with child will
be cut open."

"And the earth opened her mouth,
and swallowed them up, and their
houses, and all the men that
appertained unto Korah, and all their
goods. They, and all that appertained
to them, went down alive into the pit,
and the earth closed upon them: and
they perished from among the
congregation. And all Israel that were
round about them fled at the cry of
them: for they said, Lest the earth
swallow us up also. And there came
out a fire from the LORD, and
consumed the two hundred and fifty
men that offered incense." (Numbers
16:32-35)

You can never understand the bible with sense knowledge. Do you know what Christianity is? What is the the relationship between Christianity and the old testament? Do you know that what you call christianity is actually Judaism and there is a big diff between the two? You are and atheist, u can never understand religion talk less of Christiamity
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by cyrexx: 10:10am On Jan 08, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by christemmbassey(m): 10:43am On Jan 08, 2013
cyrexx:

seriously?

are we not quoting from the bible?

Are you telling us it is devilish to quote frrom the bible?

Have you ever read the whole bible, both O.T. and N.T. ,;for yourself?

We didnt write it, remember.
my friend a canal man can not understand the things of the spirit, because they are spiritually decerned. YES you can read it, but to understand it you need the special ability of him who inspired the writing, otherwise you will continue to wallow and perish in ignorance. Can you go to a man who is not a doctor to perform surgery on you just because he read some paragrahs from a medical book? My guy Christianity is more than what is in the bible, it is a life that can never be read but experienced,*** BREAKING NEWS*** christians dont live according to the BIBLE, but according to the spirip of God. Now the bible especially the old testament is for Christian to see how God related with the ppl of the old covenant so that they cand fully understand their oxn positions. We dont practice old tetament.
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by christemmbassey(m): 10:48am On Jan 08, 2013
cyrexx: .
ignore the bible and die several times over
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by cyrexx: 11:04am On Jan 08, 2013
christemmbassey: ignore the bible and die several times over

i did not ignore the bible.

I actually read it more than you do.

You only see what your pastor told you, i read it for what it actually says.

So that you really deserve that curse more than I do

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by christemmbassey(m): 11:11am On Jan 08, 2013
musKeeto: To the moronic Christians, a verse from your favorite storybook.

James 3
7 All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles
and sea creatures are being tamed
and have been tamed by mankind,
8 but no human being can tame the
tongue. It is a restless evil, full of
deadly poison.
9 With the tongue we praise our Lord
and Father, and with it we curse
human beings, who have been made
in God’s likeness. 10 Out of the same
mouth come praise and cursing. My
brothers and sisters, this should not
be.

Not that I care anyway. There's always a loophole with you guys. Either it's a verse that contradicts this or u could go with the technicality that it's your 'keyboard' not your tongue... cheesy

Back to the matter at hand.. 66 books in that damn Bible, need to do more excavating for some precious jewels esp the NT... That's a tough nut to crack, too goodey goodey..
do u understand what u v just copied and pasted?
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by cyrexx: 11:28am On Jan 08, 2013

Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by christemmbassey(m): 11:29am On Jan 08, 2013
cyrexx:

i did not ignore the bible.

I actually read it more than you do.

You only see what your pastor told you, i read it for what it actually says.

So that you really deserve that curse more than I do

grin grin grin
the guilty are always afraid? It was a postulation and never a curse, i am a Christian we never curse but we bless, as believers of Jesus, what flows out of us is 'rivers of living waters' no fear, that said, you will continue to fear because as an atheist you have no life inside you, read 1john5:9-13. Now reading the bible for a verse(s) to ridicule Christianity is nothing but activating auto-self-destruction mode. Note: the letter killeth but the spirit giueth life.
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 08, 2013
christemmbassey: do u understand what u v just copied and pasted?
O wise one, please speak for we are listening...
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by Heathen(m): 11:34am On Jan 08, 2013
cheesy lol, the christian butt hurt on these pages is simply too hilarious. Heheh, they're mad because muskeeto brought to fore what was written in the bible, they act like muskeeto just made all these things up...... Abeg muskeeto, bros , no slow down oooh, carry go jare, nothing do you jor.
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by Heathen(m): 11:42am On Jan 08, 2013
Bélla3: This is a GREAT thread! It shows that some people truely have apes as ancestors(nt my words).
Whoever said God's people never sinned?
Oh wait, i thought you guys wanted sex education?
If you cant understand the proverbs of solomon on hw 'money' truely rules the world then shame on your english teacher.

Tufiakwa. They think 'not believing in God' makes them wiser!
awwww, if transformed to energy, the butt hurt dripping from this post will provide Nigeria with uninterrupted power for atleat 2 millennia.
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by christemmbassey(m): 11:44am On Jan 08, 2013
Heathen: cheesy lol, the christian butt hurt on these pages is simply too hilarious. Heheh, they're mad because muskeeto brought to fore what was written in the bible, they act like muskeeto just made all these things up...... Abeg muskeeto, bros , no slow down oooh, carry go jare, nothing do you jor.
this man said nothing but just quoted judaism and thhnks he is rediculing Christianity, is just like jeering at obj expecting Gej to feel bad. Its foolish.
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 08, 2013
christemmbassey: this man said nothing but just quoted judaism and thhnks he is rediculing Christianity, is just like jeering at obj expecting Gej to feel bad. Its foolish.

Just one question. Let's find out how much the Spirit can reveal to you.

Without the Old testament, will there be a new testament?

What Scriptures did Jesus preach from while he lived on earth?

What religion did Jesus practice?

Oopp... That's 3..
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 08, 2013
Heathen: awwww, if transformed to energy, the butt hurt dripping from this post will provide Nigeria with uninterrupted power for atleat 2 millennia.
The babe just dey shoot everywhere, including the cake wey my momc bake give me this morning.....
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by Bella3(f): 11:56am On Jan 08, 2013
Heathen: awwww, if transformed to energy, the butt hurt dripping from this post will provide Nigeria with uninterrupted power for atleat 2 millennia.
AINT THAT RIGHT?? grin
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by Bella3(f): 11:57am On Jan 08, 2013
musKeeto:
The babe just dey shoot everywhere, including the cake wey my momc bake give me this morning.....
:-/whatin is nt the mearin of ris ur pose?
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by cyrexx: 11:58am On Jan 08, 2013
christemmbassey: the guilty are always afraid? It was a postulation and never a curse, i am a Christian we never curse but we bless, as believers of Jesus, what flows out of us is 'rivers of living waters' no fear, that said, you will continue to fear because as an atheist you have no life inside you, read 1john5:9-13. Now reading the bible for a verse(s) to ridicule Christianity is nothing but activating auto-self-destruction mode. Note: the letter killeth but the spirit giueth life.

afraid?

I wont post these verses if i'm afraid, you know.

People die, theists and atheists, and i am not afraid of death. You are the one who pronouced death on me many times over. Check your earlier post again.

I am asking you, have you ever read the whole bible for yourself?

Read your bible completely, dont cherry-pick and let the bible speak for itself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Evolution And The Seagull Dance. / Is This A Real Mad Man, Prophet Or An Anti Christ? (photos +shocking Video) / Have You Ever Been Mobbed By Angels ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.