Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

How Do I Deal With Jealousy? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Deal With Jealousy? (6140 Views)

How Do I Deal With This Type Of Girl? / Help Am Going Mad With Jealousy!!!! / How To Deal With Jealousy And Envy In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Nobody: 2:48am On Jan 09, 2013
I used to see myself as someone that cant get jealous cos not only am i good looking, i have an average job and a bright future.

My girlfriend gave me the midnight call just now.
I hate midnight calls but she is an exception.... well, i love her very much and i trust her too.
where was i............

Okay she called me, after talking like for 30 minutes, she requested to speak with my elder brother (for the first time ever). Well, since she is the one i hope to settle down with, i thought it wasn't such a bad idea.... I thought it was gonna be a brief call but i guessed wrong.....

She spoke with my brother for over the 30 minutes and she actually sang like two different songs for him... she said things i thought she said to only me.... WTF!!!!..... **so this is how she is with other men abi... i tot i was the only one she talks so seductively to**

Well, after the call i asked her "how did it go"?
- "She was like she really enjoyed the conversation"!! smiley
- "My brother is nothing like me"!! undecided
- "That i'm more of a talkative while my bro is cool and calm" sad sad sad angry angry angry.....

I acted cool around her cos i know getting jealous over this is pretty childish and portrays you as an insecure person!!... i found out i couldn't hold the conversation with her any longer, so i bid her goodnight (around 1.30am.... normally, we talk till like 3am or 4am)....

Please i know this might sound childish to you... its surprising to me too.... i cant explain the feeling... its like im hurting over nothing.....

any matured advise would be appreciated.... this is my first real relationship.....

How can i maintain this relationship without getting jealous??...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Mynd44: 6:12am On Jan 09, 2013
Every human gets jealous so don't worry but what you have to do is make sure your jealousy does not make you react to her in a way you might regret.

You can try talking to her about it and telling her how what she said make you feel threatened or made you look cheep and small and I am sure she won't do that anymore.

Human beings don't like being compared to others especially when a relationship is concerned so all you have to do is talk to her.

Lemme leave before the people that will tell you to grow the eff up wakes up
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by larrymoore(m): 6:52am On Jan 09, 2013
Mynd_44: Every human gets jealous so don't worry but what you have to do is make sure your jealousy does not make you react to her in a way you might regret.

You can try talking to her about it and telling her how what she said make you feel threatened or made you look cheep and small and I am sure she won't do that anymore.

Human beings don't like being compared to others especially when a relationship is concerned so all you have to do is talk to her.

Lemme leave before the people that will tell you to grow the eff up wakes up
@op how do u feel nw sharing such natural phenomenon? Calmed right? So talk to her n see if she is mature enough to help ur situation.
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Mynd44: 8:50am On Jan 09, 2013
Dem never wake?gringringrin
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 09, 2013
Don't worry OP, I can relate to that feeling. This girl was flirting with my bf and I got so mad I walked away and sank my head into a book about World War 2. He tried to bring me into their conversation but I couldn't bring myself to suddenly drop my jealousy, despite his efforts. It faded though, over the course of the day for me but it may take more/less time for you. Depends on many factors. Like how she reacts to your jealousy, or if in fact your jealousy is something else in disguise. We shall see, eh? I wish you luck. Relax a little smiley
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by 2bosun: 1:19pm On Jan 09, 2013
You better be careful with that your brother and gf. He might end up bleeping your girl.. girls are very unpredictable creatures when there's attraction.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 09, 2013
My question is more like HOW TO DEAL WITH JEALOUS PEOPLE.

I need answers on that cuz I have this neighbour I'm suspecting.
The way he was eyeballing me yesterday, I had to ask him if I ever offended him.
He's a lonely as*s and sometimes is just spare my time to hang out with him.
I even buy drinks sometimes so I'm wondering how I offended him.

Maybe I told him too much about my conquests.

****sighs*****
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Atandav: 1:22pm On Jan 09, 2013
LOVE LESS

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by israel007: 1:26pm On Jan 09, 2013
. I dey come
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 09, 2013
Atandav: LOVE LESS
Best Answer; so far !

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Dygeasy(m): 1:38pm On Jan 09, 2013
Well to be factual, it simply implies the girl doesn't see you as the best there is, of course you might not be, buh being in a real relationship with her should make you.

Speaking with your brother and making such a comparative comment shows how immature and inconsiderate of feelings she is. Did she expect you to say "Oh my brother is really cool" or "I'm a born talkative"

And you feeling jealous is only natural and if things like this happen often, the girl is headed for the door seriously.

You both need some talking to be done, she obviously doesn't know what and what makes someone feel bad.

Talk to her! Hope it helps
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by AGgal(f): 1:39pm On Jan 09, 2013
Jealousy is sumtin u cnt hold back especially wen it has 2 do wit sum1 u luv. But watch ur gf n bros carefully,wich kind midnyt songs be dat?

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by baynix(m): 1:41pm On Jan 09, 2013
I dont have an atom of jealousy.. Buh what is mine is mine - Baynix

**Just saying**
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Archmed(m): 1:45pm On Jan 09, 2013
Am so sure she doesn't have any negative intention talking ''seductively to your brother''.Moreover,you trust her.The aspect of it all that is ''killing you'' is whether thats how she talks to other guys AND her comparing you with your brother.Forget the former,talk to her about the latter(no one likes being compared)...Good luck
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by anelka101(m): 1:47pm On Jan 09, 2013
Never insuniate,because its course negative thought,where jealousnes begins

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 09, 2013
Brand_new:

My question is more like HOW TO DEAL WITH JEALOUS PEOPLE.

I need answers on that cuz I have this neighbour I'm suspecting.
The way he was eyeballing me yesterday, I had to ask him if I ever offended him.
He's a lonely as*s and sometimes is just spare my time to hang out with him.
I even buy drinks sometimes so I'm wondering how I offended him.

Maybe I told him too much about my conquests.

****sighs*****

cheesy better keep buying him that conciliatory drink. And watch, make he no go break the bottle for your head. These are desperate times- in matters of the heart as well as the pocket.
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by azzima(m): 1:50pm On Jan 09, 2013
yem-yem:

Best Answer; so far !
I second that,be easy on love .I know this is your first time but be easy on love or else it might mess you up and on a serious note, watch your brother.....and your girl too. When your girl starts dissing you in comparison to your brother on the phone, imagine what can happen when they meet. Human beings will always be uncontrollable animals when the attraction is there.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by honeric01(m): 1:53pm On Jan 09, 2013
Comparing you with your elder brother?
Then singing for your elder brother?
talking with him for 30 minutes?
Hmmmm, maybe she is using you to get to her main target = your elder bro grin

I think you're in with an insatiable girl.

Do not disregard how she relates with other people besides you, this is how you tend to know the kind of person she's going to be in future.

If you can't cope with a flirty wife in the future, do not tolerate a flirty girlfriend now.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Exponental(m): 1:57pm On Jan 09, 2013
Jealousy is another name for love!
Humanly speaking, as we can manage our temperaments, so also we can manage jealousy too. But only someone who is in love will be jealous.
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Francheezy(m): 2:01pm On Jan 09, 2013
very funny...very very funny
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by playahP(m): 2:08pm On Jan 09, 2013
The way you feel is normal!! Talk to the girl okay!
If I was you; I'd watch that girl with micoloscopu!!
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 09, 2013
I dnt really see wat she did to make u suspect her nd I think she's lively dat's y she was free wit ur elder brother nd I'm sure she said those things to u jokingly so dnt take it crious abeg..but if u still feel uncomfortable talk to her about it.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by vanstanzy(m): 2:12pm On Jan 09, 2013
By visiting Googles' search engine. How else? undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 09, 2013
BoboYekini: cheesy better keep buying him that conciliatory drink. And watch, make he no go break the bottle for your head. These are desperate times- in matters of the heart as well as the pocket.
I noticed his recent change in attitude, so I decided to give him a lil bit of space coupled with the fact that I'm busy. So sometimes he just hangs out (alone) in the evenings and I'm not even around.

Sometimes I even go for a couple of days and when I get back he'll be like ****calling names**** I've gone again. You don go fresh! See ur belle. This and that. I just wish I didn't start hanging out in the first place.
Now he's giving me the eyeball.
Abi! Werin I go do? I no go kill myself nau...no be everyday be xmas.

*****@OP sorry for derailing, I barely think of girls much! M.O.B so I'm always on my game******
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Lawconfessor(f): 2:18pm On Jan 09, 2013
AG.gal:
Jealousy is sumtin u cnt hold back especially wen it has 2 do wit sum1 u luv. But watch ur gf n bros carefully,wich kind midnyt songs be dat?

I go with dis......jealousy can't go where der's no real love.
But be careful in drawing ur conclusion

It might be ordinary, though d song part I cud nt fathom.
But dnt be too fast.....have a heart to heart talk wit ur gal.
Relate how U felt, make sure to do it in d way she'll get d REAL MSG.
Sure ur gal will understand.

Handle it in a way dt it wil nt create a room of misunderstanding btwn U n ur bro
And know it, U can't just deal with jealousy when IN LOVE.
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by honeric01(m): 2:19pm On Jan 09, 2013
Peckiee: I dnt really see wat she did to make u suspect her nd I think she's lively dat's y she was free wit ur elder brother nd I'm sure she said those things to u jokingly so dnt take it crious abeg..but if u still feel uncomfortable talk to her about it.

Jokingly i see, na so e dey start, before we know it, she's riding the elder brother jokingly angry
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by antontech(m): 2:32pm On Jan 09, 2013
Show her u love her more but ignore as if u r not jealous.Give them time,if u notice she doesn't enjoy talking with you anymore,come out plain and ask her if anything is going on btw them.Goodluck
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Gabrielsylar(m): 2:34pm On Jan 09, 2013
Ure not serious....marriage is not for boys and girls......mrs mary abioye
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by playahP(m): 2:34pm On Jan 09, 2013
Peckiee: I dnt really see wat she did to make u suspect her nd I think she's lively dat's y she was free wit ur elder brother nd I'm sure she said those things to u jokingly so dnt take it crious abeg..but if u still feel uncomfortable talk to her about it.

I don't think he ever mentioned "suspecting her".....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys, Do You Find Ladies With High Cheekbones Attractive? / Maryam Saw My Gigololo In The Bathroom, See What She Did (pics) / Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing Especially The Ladies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.