Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,677 members, 7,831,101 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

How Do I Deal With Jealousy? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Deal With Jealousy? (6148 Views)

How Do I Deal With This Type Of Girl? / Help Am Going Mad With Jealousy!!!! / How To Deal With Jealousy And Envy In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 09, 2013
grin grin
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 09, 2013
Jealousy is part of any relationship,except you don't love the person,reaction τ̲̅ȍ it,separate boys from men.she might just trying τ̲̅ȍ be friendly τ̲̅ȍ your brother. Sit her down,and tell her when you A̶̲̥̅®ε̲̣̣̣̥ in a relax mood with,so thst she won't feel offended,and still get the message.
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by SAFO(m): 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2013
If she can talk so boldly like that with your brother, imagine what she is saying to other guys you don't know.

Ur jealousy has only just begun.
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 09, 2013
icebeatz: I used to see myself as someone that cant get jealous cos not only am i good looking, i have an average job and a bright future.

My brother, women are attracted primarily to your BEHAVIOUR. Your looks really does mean nada to a chic. However, if a guy thinks he is good looking he tends to act in a certain way.

Women are attracted by behaviours that convey: Dominance (something as simple as leading and controlling the FRAME of their conversation could've conveyed that), resourcefulness, assertiveness, decisiveness, confidence, non-neediness, non-reactiveness, success with other chics, etc. Lot's of subtle, subtle stuff.

BTW, your bro is good with chics right?...like multiple girls abi?

My girlfriend gave me the midnight call just now.
I hate midnight calls but she is an exception.... well, i love her very much and i trust her too.
where was i............
Going out of your way, ALWAYS, to do what your woman wants communicates that she can always bend you to her will. Big turn-off for them chics.

She spoke with my brother for over the 30 minutes and she actually sang like two different songs for him... she said things i thought she said to only me.... WTF!!!!..... **so this is how she is with other men abi... i tot i was the only one she talks so seductively to**

Lol, that cracked me up cheesy. Every woman has two faces, one she shows to guys she's attracted to and another to the other guys (the same way most of us will relate differently to Beyonce than we would to a less attractive babe - both males and females have almost zero option in this regard. We are evolutionarily programmed to respond in that exact fashion.

Well, after the call i asked her "how did it go"?
- "She was like she really enjoyed the conversation"!! smiley
- "My brother is nothing like me"!! undecided
- "That i'm more of a talkative while my bro is cool and calm" sad sad sad angry angry angry.....

Lol, most times, when your woman encounters an attractive dude, she will come home and unconsciously test you with these kind of shít. Lol, and they are actually called Shít Tests. She just wants to feel your strength.

Best way to pass these tests: Ignore them, consider them as irrelevant and do not react - simple.

I acted cool around her cos i know getting jealous over this is pretty childish and portrays you as an insecure person!!

Beautiful!

... i found out i couldn't hold the conversation with her any longer, so i bid her goodnight (around 1.30am.... normally, we talk till like 3am or 4am)....

Not good...too much talk time.

Please i know this might sound childish to you... its surprising to me too.... i cant explain the feeling... its like im hurting over nothing.....

any matured advise would be appreciated.... this is my first real relationship.....

How can i maintain this relationship without getting jealous??...

Lol, it isn't childish at all. Jealousy like all other emotions have an evolutionary background...and I once read in some book that it fires with about 90% accuracy.

You cannnot not feel jealous, if it is someone you want - in the same way you will feel FEAR in response to being thrown in a cage housing a hungry lion. What you can do though is eliminating all shreds of neediness from your life, and then not reacting 'childishly'.

Lol @ childishly. In fact the standard procedure back then was picking the nearest huge rock and bashing in the head of the intruder - to protect your investment. And that's no kid's business grin.

Our ancestors who didn't feel enough fear were all eaten by lions or fell of rock faces and died - completely weeding out their genes. Our ancestors who also felt jealousy 'protected their investments' accordingly and were thus able to birth us.

Finally, if you had like 15 hot chics waiting on the sides to date you any moment you 'agree', how 'cool and calm' will you act in general? The simple realization that there is a mind-numbing ABUNDANCE of chics out there will auto correct the behaviour of most of us. Just view Onila's Ghanain chics, S.A chics, etc threads or go to the nearest mall or night club to get some perspective.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by oluwaisaac(m): 3:05pm On Jan 09, 2013
Very nice answers...nothing we say here will really illuminate ur mind on girl's issues; but guy, after GOD, fear women. Don't over commit to matters of the heart....period.
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by oluwaisaac(m): 3:06pm On Jan 09, 2013
Very nice answers...nothing we say here will really illuminate ur mind on girls' issues; but guy, after GOD, fear women. Don't over commit to matters of the heart....period.
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 09, 2013
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 09, 2013
@Richfella: Haba! It's not that serious ooo, see d long epistle!

Write a book Richy, it just might be a New York best seller...u never know till u try
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Serendipity: 3:54pm On Jan 09, 2013
gboss4sure: How to deal with jealousness is simple, pfucking around helps a lot and also dating more than 1 girl helps you overcome jealous, yea call it cheating but it helps and if you. I tried it when a gurl broke my hrt for de first time tho I stopped it but now I don't feel any iota of jealousness for any gurl no matter what she do and my current gf is really doubting if I love her as I don't get jealous even when she trys to make me get jealous but I knows the fact that I do love her. Let's say am used to gurls magic behaviour that I don't feel again, sometimes there are advantages in been a bad boy but don't let it get into your head.

Sorry, ''jealousy'' not 'jealousness'.
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 09, 2013
Shollypopz: @Richfella: Haba! It's not that serious ooo, see d long epistle!

Lol, your mum.

Write a book Richy, it just might be a New York best seller...u never know till u try

I already did. Ababio (Chemistry), P.N. Okeke (Physics) and How The Leopard Got His Spots. All NYT rockers tongue.
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 09, 2013
Richfella:

Lol, your mum.
excuse you? #not funny!
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by freecocoa(f): 4:08pm On Jan 09, 2013
Hmm.

My own is, what was she discussing with him on the phone for over 30 minutes? She even sang 2 songs for him as in why?

Maybe she was trying to get you jealous or could she be feeling something for your brother? Watch them closely o.
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 09, 2013
Shollypopz:
excuse you? #not funny!

Am so sorry, your dad then tongue.
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 09, 2013
Richfella:

Am so sorry, your dad then tongue.
You're dismissed!
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Mrthunzzz09(m): 4:33pm On Jan 09, 2013
AG.gal:
Jealousy is sumtin u cnt hold back especially wen it has 2 do wit sum1 u luv. But watch ur gf n bros carefully,wich kind midnyt songs be dat?
lwkmd. 'wic kind midnyt songs b dat'. Nice question. Was she singin him celine dion, akpako, gudmrn by lionel richies, which song? Lol
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 09, 2013
Mr.thunzzz09:
lwkmd. 'wic kind midnyt songs b dat'. Nice question. Was she singin him celine dion, akpako, gudmrn by lionel richies, which song? Lol

Lol. She sang:

"I see you winding and grinding up on that pole, I know you see me looking at you and you already know..." grin
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by simdam500(m): 5:06pm On Jan 09, 2013
Stand in love
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by heisenberg33: 5:29pm On Jan 09, 2013
Atandav: LOVE LESS

A very practical, wise but controversial answer. In relationships the principle is, lesser love controls the relationship.This means the partner who has the lesser love will almost always control the relationship, which also includes being less jealous.To maintain nature's equilibrium, one person will always love more, and this is the person who most times will have the greater jealousy.Not all times but at least this holds in like 9 out of 10 cases
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 09, 2013
The only way to stop being jealous is stop being possessive and obsessive.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by daryoor(m): 6:01pm On Jan 09, 2013
if na her behavior she go Bleep up again so na that time you go work am out.
---let me now continue listening to weezy's good kush and alcohol
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by PENMIGHT(m): 6:23pm On Jan 09, 2013
Someone sang -J-e-a-l-o-s-y.. Jealosy..." Yes jealosy is innate in every man.Jealosy is evil not when u feel it in ur heart but acting on it.Jealosy brings envy.Envy as a result of Jealosy WAS D FIRST SIN. COMMITTED on Earth.Remember d sons of Adam-Cain and Abel.He killed his brother cos of acting on jealosy.He was envious. Remember d brothers of Joseph too. The Messenger of Allaah says--"Do not be ENVIOUS". However,he says "That man will not enter paradise he who does not posses d right proportion of jealosy for his wife". So it is not bad for u 'to feel jealous of ur brother getting a better audience wt ur gf(guess she's ur wife to be)" . But it is nothing to act upon. The only way u can ward off ds evil jealosy is (1) Make an excuse for both of them-they meant well.(2) Dispel d thought and think of how u ve similarly gotten a better audience of someone else(man/woman) without meaning harm.(3) seek refuge in God against d accussed satan-he is at work!
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 09, 2013
@ Richfella. I doff my hat.Seems you have an advance degree in womantology
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by PENMIGHT(m): 6:39pm On Jan 09, 2013
Jealosy destroys individuals,households,communitties,nations. The Messenger advised(in a bid to dispel jealosy)- Do not look at people above u,look at people below u. In dt way,though ur brother may posses better charisma but u re also better than some of ur other brother(s) of friends. BE GRATEFUL.
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by kingsley5884: 10:48pm On Jan 09, 2013
Love more
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Nobody: 1:50am On Jan 10, 2013
~vicky~:

i concurr. Like getting jealous of a friend because shes more popular?#just thinking# dats kinda hard to handle
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Nobody: 3:04am On Jan 10, 2013
~vicky~:

I am not the obsessive and possessive type. Even though i love being the centre piece of my woman's life; i would also like her to have a life of her own!!
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Nobody: 3:09am On Jan 10, 2013
I want to thank you all for your contributions.
I read everything word for word and i learnt alot from you guys!!.......
I trust my lady and i talked to her about it.... and she was really happy that i got jealous.... CAN U IMAGINE?? grin grin
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by fame1(f): 12:11pm On Jan 10, 2013
May b she purposely did it to knw if u will feel jelous..... Just may b.
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by stpat1(m): 6:38pm On Jan 10, 2013
My guy, u better shrug off the rubbish advice all these guys telling u its ok are spewing. Its wrong and no 2 ways about it. For her to talk to your brother in such manner only means she would have preferred him if given the chance and she has no respect for you at all and does not give a hoot about how you feel.
Well I blame you for not taking the necessary action then. You should have just gone to bed after 5 mins then she will get the message and if she is ready she would avoid a repeat like a plague.
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Nobody: 3:12am On Jan 11, 2013
icebeatz: I want to thank you all for your contributions.
I read everything word for word and i learnt alot from you guys!!.......
I trust my lady and i talked to her about it.... and she was really happy that i got jealous.... CAN U IMAGINE?? grin grin

lol. Make she no try am again o
Re: How Do I Deal With Jealousy? by Nobody: 5:29am On Jan 11, 2013
Abeg,all this talk to her,talk to her is not necesary jor,if there is any1 dat needs to be spoken to,then i think its the Op..chillax jor,jst a day call,shes just trying to be nice to your bro..she wasnt comparing the two of u,jst citing obvious differences,u are the talkative but she never said she wanted you to be like your bro..jealousy they say,is part of love,so get use to it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm In Love With This Lady (photo) / The Dilemma Of An Acute Stutterer In Love / Which Is The Profession With Most Promiscuous Men? Medicine, Oil & Gas, Banking?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.