Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,213 members, 7,825,800 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week (15348 Views)

Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites / Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station / 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by jpphilips(m): 12:53am On Jan 15, 2013
deleted
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by jpphilips(m): 12:55am On Jan 15, 2013
so whats your point
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Nobody: 3:04am On Jan 15, 2013
brainy c: u ar a big fool nd a block headed sadist,which company did ur father or u or ur relatives open for nigerians.

Na your papa I pity sha..

0lumide: jmaine is a PDP card carrying member lol!

Let us address issues like patriotic Nigerians not tribal warriors.

I really wish some people could be at the controlling end of Nigerian affairs.

The DSO model is not necessarily "begging" like @jp philips insinuating. It will become begging if it is not mandatory.

But since the PIB will be a law if passed, I see no reason to assume that the DSO model will result to begging. Since it will be LAW, it will become mandatory.

So that may have addressed the issue of gas supply at marketing level only not production level.

Now here is my problem with the DSO: With government deregulating the oil industry, Nigerians will be back to the subsidy era as price of gas can be fixed by marketers.

If electricity is to become constant, gas supply has to become constant too. This means the demand for gas will be high and not elastic. Not elastic in the sense that if Nigeria needs 25k megawatts to have 24hrs electricity and it requires say 4k metric tons of gas per day, (jus estimation), then the demand for gas will always be 4k metric tons per day until need for more mega watts comes. Since the demand is inelastic, and high, producers have nothing to fear jacking up prices. This is the problem!!

What the above means is that if the gas supply is expensive, it will stay so because the demand is the same. For Nigeria, petrol is tooooo freaking expensive but it will stay so until the demand drops (not likely) or a people oriented government weigh in and reduce the price to say 20 naira.

Now back to the DSO issue, as I have showed, deregulation, plus DSO, plus the natural laws of demand and supply means the DSO model will not work for Nigeria because it means Nigerians will pay wayyyy more for gas they have an abundance of. and that is hardcore exploitation...

Nigerians should really go deeper when analyzing issues of economical matters in Nigeria. DSO when coupled with international demand for gas which is high, means Nigerian govt will either have to fix the price for gas or leave Nigerians to the fate of international markets which means Nigerians again will have to pay the price other parts of the globe pays for gas which is really really really expensive for Nigerians..

Seriously, IMF is deep in Nigeria down to our economic philosophers and profs. Every bill Nigeria is passing that is economically based is opening Nigerians up for evil exploitation by multi nationals.!!!!

SOMEBODY HELP US!!!! WE NEED TO REVOLT!!

That was what you replied to with this

brainy c: u ar a big fool nd a block headed sadist,which company did ur father or u or ur relatives open for nigerians.

Ojigbijigbijigbi U don fuk up gan sha...
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by DaLover(m): 10:56am On Jan 15, 2013
Demdem: Again, i salute the OBJ admin for initiating and commencing this project
Secondly, kudos to the retardeen for sustaining it.
However, am concerned that we dont have sufficient transmission capability to adequately evacuate the very little MWs we are presently generating which is very important as it will determine if Nigerians have power supply in their homes or not.
This is where i expect the retardeen to focus more on.

And who told you he is not focusing on it? hide your head in shame..or are you a shameless person?
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Demdem(m): 11:20am On Jan 15, 2013
DaLover:

And who told you he is not focusing on it? hide your head in shame..or are you a shameless person?

dacrazy, u are a fool. i asked him to focus more on it. Are u blind to see that part of my post or what? eediot.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by DaLover(m): 11:30am On Jan 15, 2013
Demdem:

dacrazy, u are a fool. i asked him to focus more on it. Are u blind to see that part of my post or what? eediot.
The bad belle is evident for all to see, all sectors of the power industry are recieving adequate attention.baaaaluuus
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Demdem(m): 11:31am On Jan 15, 2013
DaLover:
The bad belle is evident for all to see, all sectors of the power industry are recieving adequate attention.baaaaluuus

u mean u and ur miserable kind goon? read the entire thread.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by DaLover(m): 12:07pm On Jan 15, 2013
Demdem:

u mean u and ur miserable kind goon? read the entire thread.

Don worry, with time, as you see improvement, you will have to keep your bad belle to yourself...hope it doesnt kill you in silence..
desperado!!
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Demdem(m): 12:37pm On Jan 15, 2013
DaLover:

Don worry, with time, as you see improvement, you will have to keep your bad belle to yourself...hope it doesnt kill you in silence..
desperado!!

that improvement is exactly what i want goon. am only concerned about the amount we have spent so far for so little. that itself shortens my joy
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by DaLover(m): 8:38pm On Jan 15, 2013
Demdem:

that improvement is exactly what i want goon. am only concerned about the amount we have spent so far for so little. that itself shortens my joy
You are like a hungry baby that keeps yelling for food...you will never appreciate that mummy has to take time to prepare the meal...as far as you are concerned a magic wand should be waved and thing will start happening...
I can bet you are not a married man, have no children, have not managed a project of consequence or anything of sort...

3 Likes

Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by jpphilips(m): 9:19pm On Jan 15, 2013
DaLover:
You are like a hungry baby that keeps yelling for food...you will never appreciate that mummy has to take time to prepare the meal...as far as you are concerned a magic wand should be waved and thing will start happening...
I can bet you are not a married man, have no children, have not managed a project of consequence or anything of sort...

do you have any information contrary to what is evidenced above? if you don't, why don't you continue hiding in oblivion like you ve always did, people like me really enjoyed your absence please don't ask me why.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by DaLover(m): 11:19pm On Jan 15, 2013
jp philips:

do you have any information contrary to what is evidenced above? if you don't, why don't you continue hiding in oblivion like you ve always did, people like me really enjoyed your absence please don't ask me why.

Still on the loose exposing your ignorance and looking for subsidized livelihood...pity the children u r bringing up....don't ask me why
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by jpphilips(m): 2:49am On Jan 16, 2013
DaLover:

Still on the loose exposing your ignorance and looking for subsidized livelihood...pity the children u r bringing up....don't ask me why

i am glad you have given up on Bro. jo, on electricity now, lets quickly go open a new thread for our kids, shameless nitwit supporting a confused govt, and you believe you wont have this conversation with your son when the time comes,

son: I heard it was bro. jo that spoilt Nigeria
da lover: yes my son
son: were you born then?
da lover: of course in fact i was the PDP flag bearer of my street
son: Daddy what is PDP?
Da lover: the party that destroyed Nigeria
son: and you supported them? what did you gain? just this small table fan and poultry? papa i think say you get sense
Da lover's wife *steps in*: pikin don't mind your father na me get the poultry na only the table fan and umbrella wey spoil he carry come back
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Demdem(m): 7:51am On Jan 16, 2013
DaLover:

and u are simply a rabid useless dog that simply takes in whatever is thrown at him without critically examining if its of any good either to him or his system. Left to u, whatever the retardeen is doing or has done needs not to be critically examined afterall, he is our fellow brother that needs to be supported no matter what.
i pity ur children and all those that has to do with u that depends on u for sustenance which are crumbs from the retardeens table. If only they know that u are cursed and whatever benefit they may be getting from u is simply temporal.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Demdem(m): 7:54am On Jan 16, 2013
DaLover:

Dacrazy, why dont u simply face the topic and share whatever info u may have gotten which is not privy to us than bringing up the issue of ur cursed offspring. Kindly create another thread if u need help in that regard
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by anulaxad(m): 8:04am On Jan 16, 2013
nameo:

At least President Jonathan is doing well in Power. We all pray that this year would be even better in terms of power for the nation, especially with the Privatisation program.

WHO THE FUUUCK TOLD YOU THAT
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by DaLover(m): 8:57am On Jan 16, 2013
jp philips:

i am glad you have given up on Bro. jo, on electricity now, lets quickly go open a new thread for our kids, shameless nitwit supporting a confused govt, and you believe you wont have this conversation with your son when the time comes,

son: I heard it was bro. jo that spoiled Nigeria
son: and you supported them? what did you gain? just this small table fan and poultry? papa i think say you get sense
Da lover's wife *steps in*: pikin don't mind your father na me get the poultry na only the table fan and umbrella wey spoil he carry come back

Can you imagin, GEJ spoilt nigeria!!?? where do you see I have given up on GEJ? when the future is very bright...
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by jmaine: 8:59am On Jan 16, 2013
DaLover:

Can you imagin, GEJ spoilt nigeria!!?? where do you see I have given up on GEJ? [size=14pt]when the future is very bright[/size]...

grin
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by DaLover(m): 9:01am On Jan 16, 2013
Demdem:

and u are simply a rabid useless dog that simply takes in whatever is thrown at him without critically examining if its of any good either to him or his system. Left to u, whatever the retardeen is doing or has done needs not to be critically examined afterall, he is our fellow brother that needs to be supported no matter what.
i pity ur children and all those that has to do with u that depends on u for sustenance which are crumbs from the retardeens table. If only they know that u are cursed and whatever benefit they may be getting from u is simply temporal.

Please can I know how you have constructively criticized the developments in the power sector?
How can you constructively criticize a program you know nothing off...

When you saw the progress made you shamefully stated that he should concentrate more on transmission, I am sure without know what efforts are going into transmission.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by DaLover(m): 9:03am On Jan 16, 2013
Demdem:

Dacrazy, why dont u simply face the topic and share whatever info u may have gotten which is not privy to us than bringing up the issue of ur cursed offspring. Kindly create another thread if u need help in that regard

Now you want me to share info abi...so what was the basis of the statement that he should focus more on transmission?
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Demdem(m): 9:39am On Jan 16, 2013
DaLover:

Please can I know how you have constructively criticized the developments in the power sector?
How can you constructively criticize a program you know nothing off...

When you saw the progress made you shamefully stated that he should concentrate more on transmission, I am sure without know what efforts are going into transmission.

Fool, where in either that post of mine u qouted or anywhere on this thread did u get that impression from. Did u see where i appreciated the retardeen for sustaining a laudable NIPP initiated by OBJ? That maginal increase in power supply is being experienced in our homes is an undisputed fact unlike before
Its obvious u havent even read the entire thread because if u had u would have seen that other issues related to the power sectors like other power plants (apart from Geregu),Gas plan, cost and even the PIB were discussed to see and understand where my primary doubts lies. If u think i will start stating it out for u here then u must be living in a fools paradise. read up, asshoole.

DaLover:

Now you want me to share info abi...so what was the basis of the statement that he should focus more on transmission?

Actually i dont care. U cant give what u dont have. i simply dont want u to bore us about ur cursed offsprings u keep on mentioning.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by taharqa: 10:58am On Jan 16, 2013
Oya ova to you @Demdem
taharqa:

Okay, then i shall now try to respond to you cos of a single reason- to show you do not hv any clue of what u are talking about (i mean not a single clue at all)... Your entire argument here started and rests on d 'fact' that d Geregu plant in questn is the very plant constructd by OBJ which you hv bn seeing near lokoja.

Fail No 1: you do not know d diff bw Geregu I and Geregu II. You do not know that d 414MW Geregu I power plant (most of whose core constructn was completed by OBJ in 2006 though which wasnt alignd to d national grid cos of gas pipeline and transmissn evacuatn challenges until recently- d plant has just been privatisd last yr though so wud be doing well going forward) IS VERY DIFFERENT from d 434MW Geregu II power plant (d plant whose turbins purchase contract was given to GE in Sept 2010 and whose core construction, gas pipelines and transmission evacuation facilities hv now bn completd in exactly 2yrs as was plannd).

Fail No 2: you said that GEJ has not constructd nor mainly completed any power plant as according to you, they were all 'built by OBJ' , abi? So Omotosho II, Oloronsogo II, Sapele, and parts of Alaoji most of whose constructn (core constructn, gas pipelines and Evacuatn facilities) hv bn done in d last 3 yrs and are now suppling power to d grid, are what then? Guess you also ignorantly thought that d old Omotosho and Olorosongun plants (mostly built by OBJ although almost nothing was done in terms of d gas pipelines and Evacuatn facilities then) were the only plants in those 2 areas. Egbema, Ibom, Benin/Ihovbor and Gbarain new power plants whose main works have also bn done in d last 3 yrs are virtuali complete, and certainly at least sm of dier units wud be fired up and should wheel power to d grid this year; only d Calabar plant may not come on stream in d foreseeable future cos of its peculiar gas pipelines and transmissn evacuatn problems.

Fail No 3: GEJ has 'not built any Transmissn or Distributn facilities' lol, i just cant stop laughing- u just dont know how ridiculously ignorant this particular claim is!! 234km of new 330kv transmission lines wud even be inauguratd smtime dis month, and dis is apart from d many kms of transmission and distributn lines and dier accompanying substations that hv bn built in every single state within d last 3yrs. Hell, GEJ has done even beta in constructing, repairing and expanding these lines than he had even done with power plants cos they were a complete mess b4 he came, and its one area OBJ (who granted did sm good work in power generation And policy issues like Power Act) didnt do almost anything; there is a reason d nation can NOW effectively wheel 4300-4500MW of power for weeks and months without a serious systems failure whilst d entire system collapsd in 2 days when we fooolishly tried wheeling 3800MW power in 2008. Go figure...... Am tird of typing, plus i gat to go do sm oda tins BUT i will be back later to continue responding to d ignorant NONSENSE you hv bn spewing tru out dis thread- Fail No 4 and No 5, etc. For eg, u opend yr mouth IN PUBLIC to confidently say dat GEJ 'has not built any gas lines', abi? *smh*...later

Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Demdem(m): 11:23am On Jan 16, 2013
^^^^

This post have been shredded into pieces by JPphilips and to be honest i agree with most of what he said. why should i start all over again? why dont u post another?
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by taharqa: 11:46am On Jan 16, 2013
Demdem: ^^^^

This post have been shredded into pieces by JPphilips and to be honest i agree with most of what he said. why should i start all over again? why dont u post another?
LOL..@ d way of a COWARD, hiding unda anoda person grin grin. Respond to it jare and quit trolling.... by d way, @JP did say anything in his respond apart from essentiali agreeing with d core of the comment, and of course saying sm few things he didnt hv any clue about like saying both Omotosho II and Olorunsogo II new plants had not bn completed Or that Alaoji was contractd in 2012. I choose not to waste any of my time on him any longa, except just posting d info detailing that d turbine contract for Geregu II was given in 2012 and completd in 2 yrs within time unda GEJ. Oya, respond to d comment joor...
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by jpphilips(m): 1:46pm On Jan 16, 2013
taharqa: LOL..@ d way of a COWARD, hiding unda anoda person grin grin. Respond to it jare and quit trolling.... by d way, @JP did say anything in his respond apart from essentiali agreeing with d core of the comment, and of course saying sm few things he didnt hv any clue about like saying both Omotosho II and Olorunsogo II new plants had not bn completed Or that Alaoji was contractd in 2012. I choose not to waste any of my time on him any longa, except just posting d info detailing that d turbine contract for Geregu II was given in 2012 and completd in 2 yrs within time unda GEJ. Oya, respond to d comment joor...

Now i see your challenge, after i contracted you for weeks to go get us some new info, you are back pretending you no longer understand English.
please the answers to the nonsense you pasted above is on page 4, go to Aso rock and get us new facts we are patiently waiting for you. gud luck
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Demdem(m): 3:32pm On Jan 16, 2013
taharqa: LOL..@ d way of a COWARD, hiding unda anoda person grin grin. Respond to it jare and quit trolling.... by d way, @JP did say anything in his respond apart from essentiali agreeing with d core of the comment, and of course saying sm few things he didnt hv any clue about like saying both Omotosho II and Olorunsogo II new plants had not bn completed Or that Alaoji was contractd in 2012. I choose not to waste any of my time on him any longa, except just posting d info detailing that d turbine contract for Geregu II was given in 2012 and completd in 2 yrs within time unda GEJ. Oya, respond to d comment joor...

Demdem: ^^^^

Keep us informed when u have something concrete to say.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by brainyc: 8:42am On Jan 17, 2013
jp philips:

son: I heard it was bro. jo that spoilt Nigeria
my God,this phillip of a guy is pure sadist,may your efforts never be appreciated as u are not appreciating jonathans effort in the power sector.all that i can understand from ur views are notting but anger, jealousy nd frustration.u wanted him to fail but he is succeeding in the power sector hence u find it too bitter to swallow.go hang transformer dumb bottom,wog.jonathan spoil nigeria nd how? when u people were bussy dancing owambe nd embezzling the money was jonathan there,the 300+ billion dollars looted from nigeria in past was it jonathan that stole it.u are simplly a sadist people like u can poison ur friend out of envy.

1 Like

Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by jpphilips(m): 12:44am On Jan 18, 2013
brainy c: my God,this phillip of a guy is pure sadist,may your efforts never be appreciated as u are not appreciating jonathans effort in the power sector.all that i can understand from ur views are notting but anger, jealousy nd frustration.u wanted him to fail but he is succeeding in the power sector hence u find it too bitter to swallow.go hang transformer dumb bottom,wog.jonathan spoil nigeria nd how? when u people were bussy dancing owambe nd embezzling the money was jonathan there,the 300+ billion dollars looted from nigeria in past was it jonathan that stole it.u are simplly a sadist people like u can poison ur friend out of envy.

you typed that shyte above with generator yet your half brain cell tells you bro. jo is making progress in power, wisdom is definitely not one of your few talents, enjoy your mosquito alone bro.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 18, 2013
It's been more than a week and this power plant hasn't started!!!

E be like say them want to talk, another story again oo..
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by seanet01: 8:18pm On Jan 18, 2013
0lumide: It's been more than a week and this power plant hasn't started!!!

E be like say them want to talk, another story again oo..
TWO FACE
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Nobody: 12:07pm On Feb 05, 2013
What happened to this power plant?

Has it started?
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by DisGuy: 8:30pm On Feb 11, 2013
updates?

so many of these kinda news flying about, hope by the end of 2013 at least half of the output is being transmitted!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

DSS Bars Journalists From Entering Courtroom As Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial Commences / Why Buhari Should Pardon Soldiers Jailed For Refusing To Fight Boko Haram –MURIC / 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.