Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another (5232 Views)

Nigerian Lady Boyfriend Dumped To Marry Another Woman Breaks Nigeria Twitter / After 3 Abortions, He Will Marry Another Lady This Month / If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by lostgirl85(f): 2:38am On Mar 21, 2013
So I am confused as to wether I am being used. First off the nigerian man I am dealing with is Ibo....... He lied to me from the day I met him but now that we have a child together he claims to be telling me the truth and boy does the truth hurt!! First of all he has a girlfriend and child in Nigeria this I did not find out until I was pregnant yet he claims he loves both me and her. She has finally gotten a visa after 4 years and is in the uk she does not know about my child as yet and he is in no rush to tell her. She has been here for four days and idk what to do I have strong feelings for him and I feel like my whole world has been torn apart I cannot stop crying. From a real nigerian woman's perspective can you please tell me if it is likely he is using me so he can marry her and bring her to the uk permanently or does he really believe he loves us both?? Please I am a person with a heart I need real advice one part of me want to fight for my man but he says he will not abandon either of us what does this all mean
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 9:22pm On Apr 08, 2013
Well, this is another story. but then what do u hav 2 say?
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 9:56pm On May 01, 2013
i still want to have your opinion... friends
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by Osato78(f): 3:49pm On Jul 31, 2013
To marry more than one wife is not an African thing, if you read the bible you find out that polygamy is old the western world left it because is not profitable both to the men, women and the children involved in it. African is still in it because we cannot see beyond our nose. If you are a product of polygamy you will know what I am talking about. It is about strife, hatred, bitterness, competition, neglect, heart break and unfaithfulness to the first wife. Any man with right frame of mind will not be happy if her mother, sister or his female nice is passing though such pain and trouble. If you as man is unable to take proper care of your first wife and children, I think is a stupid ideal to marry another one. And I know 80% if not 95% of polygamy men are never able to take of their large family. A polygamous man have a divided life. As the number of the wife is so is he divided, 10 wives 10 lives.
Because I love you my brother I therefore discourage you from marrying more one. One is enough, plan with her, enjoy your life and have great peace.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 10:08pm On Aug 02, 2013
Osato78: To marry more than one wife is not an African thing, if you read the bible you find out that polygamy is old the western world left it because is not profitable both to the men, women and the children involved in it. African is still in it because we cannot see beyond our nose. If you are a product of polygamy you will know what I am talking about. It is about strife, hatred, bitterness, competition, neglect, heart break and unfaithfulness to the first wife. Any man with right frame of mind will not be happy if her mother, sister or his female nice is passing though such pain and trouble. If you as man is unable to take proper care of your first wife and children, I think is a stupid ideal to marry another one. And I know 80% if not 95% of polygamy men are never able to take of their large family. A polygamous man have a divided life. As the number of the wife is so is he divided, 10 wives 10 lives.
Because I love you my brother I therefore discourage you from marrying more one. One is enough, plan with her, enjoy your life and have great peace.
Well said and thank you for your advice. However this topic is not actually about me I have been happily married for more than 10 years mow, I sure do not need any other wife now all to the glory of God, but am sure a lot of us men here really agree with you.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 10:34pm On Aug 02, 2013
Osato78: To marry more than one wife is not an African thing, if you read the bible you find out that polygamy is old the western world left it because is not profitable both to the men, women and the children involved in it. African is still in it because we cannot see beyond our nose. If you are a product of polygamy you will know what I am talking about. It is about strife, hatred, bitterness, competition, neglect, heart break and unfaithfulness to the first wife. Any man with right frame of mind will not be happy if her mother, sister or his female nice is passing though such pain and trouble. If you as man is unable to take proper care of your first wife and children, I think is a stupid ideal to marry another one. And I know 80% if not 95% of polygamy men are never able to take of their large family. A polygamous man have a divided life. As the number of the wife is so is he divided, 10 wives 10 lives.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 10:41pm On Aug 02, 2013
Accept compliments with a smile! Don't forget to thank people for them and return a compliment. Be kind to yourself and to others. Cheers.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by Godson201333(m): 7:37am On Aug 03, 2013
psychologically,why should you marry 2 women?i hope you know that its not easy to marry a woman talk-less of marrying 2,3,4,5 THat kind of person is doing nothing but digging his grave.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by dplomaticVal: 4:13pm On Aug 03, 2013
better divorce and gt another spouse, polygamy is abhorrent to civility and christainity due to its multifarious foibles.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by PrettyGaby(f): 1:32am On Aug 04, 2013
you are such a mental 'has been.' times are changing. person wey marry 2 wives, na die im dey. girls are not smiling nowadays
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by seedord247(m): 2:01am On Aug 04, 2013
^^^^ bomb. cry
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 1:31pm On Aug 04, 2013
Well! Well!! Well!! Let us only share our own opinion and still maintain the theme thank mates.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 1:35pm On Aug 04, 2013
lostgirl85: So I am confused as to wether I am being used. First off the nigerian man I am dealing with is Ibo....... He lied to me from the day I met him but now that we have a child together he claims to be telling me the truth and boy does the truth hurt!! First of all he has a girlfriend and child in Nigeria this I did not find out until I was pregnant yet he claims he loves both me and her. She has finally gotten a visa after 4 years and is in the uk she does not know about my child as yet and he is in no rush to tell her. She has been here for four days and idk what to do I have strong feelings for him and I feel like my whole world has been torn apart I cannot stop crying. From a real nigerian woman's perspective can you please tell me if it is likely he is using me so he can marry her and bring her to the uk permanently or does he really believe he loves us both?? Please I am a person with a heart I need real advice one part of me want to fight for my man but he says he will not abandon either of us what does this all mean
. Eh... Yah... Am sure people will have somethings to say about this.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 6:00pm On Aug 06, 2013
One of the biggest steps towards personal development is a change of mind set. If you think that you can do better, you will.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by Truckpusher(m): 9:33pm On Aug 06, 2013
Yes,it's very possible in Nigeria especially if you're ready to die tongue
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 8:45pm On Aug 07, 2013
Truckpusher: Yes,it's very possible in Nigeria especially if you're ready to die tongue
. DEATH! That one na big one o!
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 8:39am On Aug 14, 2013
Smile warmly, spread good cheer, and enliven others with your presence. These are the qualities of a likable personality.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 12:46pm On Aug 15, 2013
P tips-Exploring new things will help you discover unexpected talents and qualities within your own life. Start with a hobby!
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 16, 2013
Pls nairalanders dnt ever dream of marryin 2 or more wives ure only diggin Ųя own grave nd nd takin d bbroad lane of destruction 2 Ȋ̝̊̅†! I'm beggin pls !
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 11:50am On Aug 19, 2013
Keep abreast of current affairs. People will admire you if you are up-to-date on the latest news around the globe.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 5:50pm On Aug 22, 2013
Dont have negative thoughts of things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 4:58pm On Aug 26, 2013
Treat everyone equally according to his or her dignity. This will certainly help you make a healthy relationship with people around you.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 12:28pm On Sep 11, 2013
Whenever caught in the middle of an argument, control your temper. You will command respect if you remain cool in a heated situation.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by Monicasque(f): 12:44pm On Sep 11, 2013
well it can make a lady feel a bit inferior but other people do allow it to happen . They make it work for them. I do not know how they protect themselves from aids though. I do not wana talk about religion , culture and law as to me it seems as if people use these for their own selfish reasons then go and break the rules again when it suits them. I just think its just a matter of all the parties involved agreeing or disagreein with it as we all differ
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by valyzubxx(m): 2:36pm On Sep 11, 2013
ihedioramma: IF YOU MARRY TWO WIFE'S YOUR BUS STOP WILL BE IN STATAN BELIVE IT FROM ME .
What about our Muslim brothers.... Remember Isaac and his son Jacob in the bible, didn't they marry more than one? If so, why do christians address God as 'God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob??
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by oc2fish: 1:11pm On Oct 15, 2013
souldust: one very important thing i experience is help. Believe it or not, i have so many people to help me. Yes, my father's wealth will show a bit more on him if we were a smaller family, but i lack absolutely nothing i need!

When i am going back to school, my step mother buys me provisions and gives me money as well. My laptop got spoilt, i was given a new one by my step sister. My mom traveled and one of my step sisters is managing her business. She does this after returning from her place of work with all the tiredness.

Another advantage is: those born in polygammy are more likely to be friendlier. In my block in school, there is no one who doest know me.this is becos, there is this aura of friendliness around me. I visited my brother in his school and his room mates told me the same thing.

There are those who are wealthier than us in school but people feel more free to ask us of whatever they want. Dont get me wrong; we are in lower middle class.

I am from a polygamouse house and I enjoyed myself with my step brothers and sister infact I relate with them with ease. The fear of me and my immdiate family by nija girls is something elese. I remember eating in a big plate with somany relations including step brothers and sisters but now all they preach is issolation. At old age dnt be surprise when this children raised in selfishness slam you into an institution instead of the normal family care.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by Fulaman198(m): 3:35am On Oct 30, 2013
It really depends where in "Africa" you are located. Africa is a very huge continent. In some parts of Nigeria marrying more than 1 woman is not abnormal. Though, personally I will marry one woman who I feel is right for me. Everyone has their reasons of having more than 1 wife. But there are many countries where marrying multiple wives is fine. In a lot of Muslim countries a man must get consent from his wife to seek more than 1 wife. Some people have 4 wives.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 3:29pm On Dec 19, 2013
The word THEREIN contains 13 words spelt using consecutive letters-the, he, her, er, here, I, there, ere, rein, re, in, therein n herein.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by Fulaman198(m): 6:12pm On Dec 19, 2013
In short, it really depends on the individual. To one person what may seem right may be wrong to another.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Experience With A Nairaland Lady Today...+pics / One World For This Dude / Photo: How Many Slap Will You Give Him Or Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.