Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,166 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another (5230 Views)

Nigerian Lady Boyfriend Dumped To Marry Another Woman Breaks Nigeria Twitter / After 3 Abortions, He Will Marry Another Lady This Month / If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 2:35am On Jan 29, 2013
Guys, we are not done with this yet!
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 29, 2013
You wan die before your time?. If you need peace in your home then dont try it.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 29, 2013
ihedioramma: IF YOU MARRY TWO WIFE'S YOUR BUS STOP WILL BE IN STATAN BELIVE IT FROM ME .
you are mad
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 8:55pm On Jan 29, 2013
well, we are all just sharing our opinion about this issue hoping some of us will also learn one way or the other, let us avoid ambiguity and insult of any kind, nobody want's to die as someone said, nor anyone is mad for making his comment. we are all men and women so let us show some maturity, thanks.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 9:18am On Feb 04, 2013
we are not done on this yet, friends...
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 1:07am On Feb 07, 2013
i do not like why you men are keeping quiet over this issue...
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by Nobody: 5:22am On Feb 07, 2013
You multiply the troubles in ur life by marrying more than one woman. One woman = one trouble. Two women = 2X2 troubles.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 11:38am On Feb 07, 2013
tpacalipse: You multiply the troubles in ur life by marrying more than one woman. One woman = one trouble. Two women = 2X2 troubles.
well said, i can feel you...
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by Nobody: 8:31am On Feb 11, 2013
i am sorry for the last comment i made. I am so sorry.

But i get so angry when i see comments like that. Spreading lies, stereotype and negative feelings about something you know nothing about is very bad.

Back to the topic. There is absolutely nothing wrong with polygyny. I am from a polygamous home and i know what i am saying. There is so much stereotype and ignorance surrounding that marital institution.

If any of you want to ask questions pls do. I will be so happy to provide answers from my experience
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 9:45am On Feb 11, 2013
souldust: i am sorry for the last comment i made. I am so sorry.

But i get so angry when i see comments like that. Spreading lies, stereotype and negative feelings about something you know nothing about is very bad.

Back to the topic. There is absolutely nothing wrong with polygyny. I am from a polygamous home and i know what i am saying. There is so much stereotype and ignorance surrounding that marital institution.

If any of you want to ask questions pls do. I will be so happy to provide answers from my experience

well, i think we will like you to share some of your experience with us here, it seems there are much tom learn from you after all...
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by Nobody: 7:58am On Feb 13, 2013
one very important thing i experience is help. Believe it or not, i have so many people to help me. Yes, my father's wealth will show a bit more on him if we were a smaller family, but i lack absolutely nothing i need!

When i am going back to school, my step mother buys me provisions and gives me money as well. My laptop got spoilt, i was given a new one by my step sister. My mom traveled and one of my step sisters is managing her business. She does this after returning from her place of work with all the tiredness.

Another advantage is: those born in polygammy are more likely to be friendlier. In my block in school, there is no one who doest know me.this is becos, there is this aura of friendliness around me. I visited my brother in his school and his room mates told me the same thing.

There are those who are wealthier than us in school but people feel more free to ask us of whatever they want. Dont get me wrong; we are in lower middle class.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 10:33pm On Feb 13, 2013
souldust: one very important thing i experience is help. Believe it or not, i have so many people to help me. Yes, my father's wealth will show a bit more on him if we were a smaller family, but i lack absolutely nothing i need!

When i am going back to school, my step mother buys me provisions and gives me money as well. My laptop got spoilt, i was given a new one by my step sister. My mom traveled and one of my step sisters is managing her business. She does this after returning from her place of work with all the tiredness.

Another advantage is: those born in polygammy are more likely to be friendlier. In my block in school, there is no one who doest know me.this is becos, there is this aura of friendliness around me. I visited my brother in his school and his room mates told me the same thing.

There are those who are wealthier than us in school but people feel more free to ask us of whatever they want. Dont get me wrong; we are in lower middle class.

well, yours is a lucky, home/family characterized with love from all your instances, however, the reverse is the case in some other instance. i will like to tell you to count yourself lucky finding yourself in one of the rearrest kind of polygamous family. thanks for sharing you experience yet.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 8:34pm On Feb 23, 2013
Just what exactaly is your own view...
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by ihedioramma: 9:26pm On Feb 23, 2013
@OP THAT IS A THING OF THE PAST ,TELL ME AS FROM 2000 TO HAVE U SE ANY MAN WITH MORE DAN ONE WIFE? AND HOW IS IT TODAY?DONT U SE IT IN THE BIBLE THAT TO MARRY 2WIFES IS SIN?
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 8:46am On Feb 25, 2013
ihedioramma: @OP THAT IS A THING OF THE PAST ,TELL ME AS FROM 2000 TO HAVE U SE ANY MAN WITH MORE DAN ONE WIFE? AND HOW IS IT TODAY?DONT U SE IT IN THE BIBLE THAT TO MARRY 2WIFES IS SIN?
yes, you are right, but what about those whose line of believe is not according to BIBLE?
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 7:53pm On Mar 02, 2013
Am still expectinhg ihedioramma's comment... and ofcourse Nairalanders
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by ihedioramma: 2:34am On Mar 03, 2013
9jagobetta:
yes, you are right, but what about those whose line of believe is not according to BIBLE?
I AM SORRY FOR THEM BECOS THIS IS ONE OF THINGS THAT MAKE JESUS TO COME TO THE WORLD AND HE DO TEACH US THE WAY. ANY ONE THAT IS NOT LIVING THE WAY JESUS TEACH I DONT THINK HE OR SHE WILL MAKE IT TO BE WITH GOD ON THE LAST DAY OF HIS LIFE. A WORLD IS OK 4 A HUMAN AND DONT SAY NO BODY TELL U, HERE I AM NOW TELLING U TO LIVE UR LIFE IN A GOOD WAY AND TRY AND NO THE LAW OF JESUS AND OBEY.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 5:19pm On Mar 03, 2013
ihedioramma: I AM SORRY FOR THEM BECOS THIS IS ONE OF THINGS THAT MAKE JESUS TO COME TO THE WORLD AND HE DO TEACH US THE WAY. ANY ONE THAT IS NOT LIVING THE WAY JESUS TEACH I DONT THINK HE OR SHE WILL MAKE IT TO BE WITH GOD ON THE LAST DAY OF HIS LIFE. A WORLD IS OK 4 A HUMAN AND DONT SAY NO BODY TELL U, HERE I AM NOW TELLING U TO LIVE UR LIFE IN A GOOD WAY AND TRY AND NO THE LAW OF JESUS AND OBEY.
Well, thank you all the same, but personally, i will like to be neutral in the area of religion & believe, once again; thanks.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 03, 2013
why dont you just quote the bible verse where it was stated that marrying two wives is a sin. Tell me!

And OP families like mine are not rare. The reason you and every one else think we are rare, is that you already have this idea of polygamy so that when you see one where their children are quarelling, even if it is your first time of seeing them do so, you just conclude that "oh, its typical of polygamy". You immediately forget all these while you didnt see them quarel. There was a time i told my colleague teacher and friend that my family is polygamous and that we all stay together. The immediate respond from him was 'you have to pray ooo'. I was offended by that! This is the person who knows how all round stable i am. All these while, he never thought anything was wrong with me until i told him what told him. Can you see the bias?

I have seen so many polygamy like mine before. Infact, people still ask us the children which of the mothers gave birth to us. Thats to tell you the unity! I am not lying to you.

Just as you need to take measure to make monogamy work, so too you have to take measure for polygamy to work! There is absolutely nowhere in the bible polygamy is condemned. And there is nothing wrong with it.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 03, 2013
ihedioramma: I AM SORRY FOR THEM BECOS THIS IS ONE OF THINGS THAT MAKE JESUS TO COME TO THE WORLD AND HE DO TEACH US THE WAY. ANY ONE THAT IS NOT LIVING THE WAY JESUS TEACH I DONT THINK HE OR SHE WILL MAKE IT TO BE WITH GOD ON THE LAST DAY OF HIS LIFE. A WORLD IS OK 4 A HUMAN AND DONT SAY NO BODY TELL U, HERE I AM NOW TELLING U TO LIVE UR LIFE IN A GOOD WAY AND TRY AND NO THE LAW OF JESUS AND OBEY.
why dont you just show me where jesus condemned polygamy in the bible. I GUARANTEE, you'll never find it. Show me where he said it IN HIS OwN WORDS and i will give you 10000 dollars trust me.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 9:35am On Mar 05, 2013
souldust: why dont you just quote the bible verse where it was stated that marrying two wives is a sin. Tell me!

And OP families like mine are not rare. The reason you and every one else think we are rare, is that you already have this idea of polygamy so that when you see one where their children are quarelling, even if it is your first time of seeing them do so, you just conclude that "oh, its typical of polygamy". You immediately forget all these while you didnt see them quarel. There was a time i told my colleague teacher and friend that my family is polygamous and that we all stay together. The immediate respond from him was 'you have to pray ooo'. I was offended by that! This is the person who knows how all round stable i am. All these while, he never thought anything was wrong with me until i told him what told him. Can you see the bias?

I have seen so many polygamy like mine before. Infact, people still ask us the children which of the mothers gave birth to us. Thats to tell you the unity! I am not lying to you.

Just as you need to take measure to make monogamy work, so too you have to take measure for polygamy to work! There is absolutely nowhere in the bible polygamy is condemned. And there is nothing wrong with it.

A point well taken, Thanks.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 05, 2013
any questions on polygamy?
The guy i aske for bible proof has not returned right? It only goes to show he's got no proof
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 8:49am On Mar 07, 2013
okay, Souldust i want to believe you are one of the lucky ones, but of course you and i may have to agree that there are come crises in a polygamous family, such as envy, jealousy, greed, hatred, quarrel etc, as a result of the fact that the children are from different home. then the wives always want to stand a better grand with the husband so desperately that some of the will go fetish, you know, what do you have to say on these are many with the issue?
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 8:53am On Mar 07, 2013
Dont have negative thoughts of things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 8:54am On Mar 07, 2013
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 4:20pm On Mar 11, 2013
still very much on this topic pls!
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 8:56am On Mar 16, 2013
You never can tell when you may find yourself in it...
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 9:02am On Mar 16, 2013
You never can tell when you may find yourself in it...
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by Thalia86(f): 4:22pm On Mar 17, 2013
It is better to marry one time and forever with of course only on partner.
This is what you learn in the Western world. People who are divorced .....they can divorce ok, but nobody will think good about them.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by Thalia86(f): 4:24pm On Mar 17, 2013
You have to read the new testament to know that is the best to marry only one woman or man.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by cherryurch(f): 8:14pm On Mar 20, 2013
Hw many times wil this post appear hear sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? / Man Dies During Sex With Wife / Drop Your Picture ...lets Sew How Pretty And Handsome You Are..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.