Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another (5234 Views)

Nigerian Lady Boyfriend Dumped To Marry Another Woman Breaks Nigeria Twitter / After 3 Abortions, He Will Marry Another Lady This Month / If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 1:07am On Jan 10, 2013
Marrying two wife or more is part of African culture before the infiltration of the western world ideas, it was a thing of pride and value,it's another way to showcase ones wealth then, and the women accepted it and live together in peace. It's so old a culture that it took it's root from the Old testament of the Bible and Koran. But now a days, the reverse seem the case now in Africa. The western world do not marry two wife or more, but they can divorce and marry for as many times as possible. comparing these two ways of life from your own opinion which one is better?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by Mynd44: 1:25am On Jan 10, 2013
It is bigamy and a crime

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 1:41am On Jan 10, 2013
Mynd_44: It is bigamy and a crime

mmmmmmh thanks
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by seedord247(m): 4:29am On Jan 10, 2013
Marry as much as you can broo..

Fuucck western tradition.... shocked

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by ihedioramma: 5:39am On Jan 10, 2013
THE TWO ARE WRONG. ONE MAN ONE WIFE SO SAY THE LORD . THAT IS ONE OF THE THINGS THAT MAKE JESUS TO COME AND DIE FOR US AND HE TEACH US THE WAY TO GOD. SO PLS BROTHER MARRY YOUR BIBLE ALL THIS THINGS ARE THERE AND OTHER THINGS YOU NEED IN LIFE ARE ALL SO THERE.IF U KEEP THE LORDS WORLDS U WILL BE HAPPY ALL UR LIFE.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 8:00am On Jan 10, 2013
ihedioramma: THE TWO ARE WRONG. ONE MAN ONE WIFE SO SAY THE LORD . THAT IS ONE OF THE THINGS THAT MAKE JESUS TO COME AND DIE FOR US AND HE TEACH US THE WAY TO GOD. SO PLS BROTHER MARRY YOUR BIBLE ALL THIS THINGS ARE THERE AND OTHER THINGS YOU NEED IN LIFE ARE ALL SO THERE.IF U KEEP THE LORDS WORLDS U WILL BE HAPPY ALL UR LIFE.

well said bro, but remember the world are not all Christians, and people have their culture too, thanks.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 8:01am On Jan 10, 2013
seedord247: Marry as much as you can broo..

Fuucck western tradition.... shocked

How do you mean please?
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 10, 2013
Smh
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by Mynd44: 8:29am On Jan 10, 2013
9jagobetta:

well said bro, but remember the world are not all Christians, and people have their culture too, thanks.
But the law is above you culture and religion

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by cindyrella(f): 8:36am On Jan 10, 2013
I think they are both wrong!
One man one vote I mean wife!
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by jhydebaba(m): 8:38am On Jan 10, 2013
Mynd_44:

Culture and Religion supersede law in this part of the world. That is why such law as "bigamy" is not effective here. Check how many people have been convicted for bigamy whereas the "crime" is on the rise.
Little wonder, the Lagos State Lawmakers sometimes last year moved a motion to remove the toothless law from their constitution.

This is Africa, marry as many as you like brother tongue cheesy
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by Mynd44: 8:41am On Jan 10, 2013
jhydebaba:

Culture and Religion supersede law in this part of the world. That is why such law as "bigamy" is not effective here. Check how many people have been convicted for bigamy whereas the "crime" is on the rise.
Little wonder, the Lagos State Lawmakers sometimes last year moved a motion to remove the toothless law from their constitution.

This is Africa, marry as many as you like brother tongue cheesy
Religion over law? Do a court wedding and take in a second wife if you dare.tonguetonguetonguetonguetongue

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 8:46am On Jan 10, 2013
Mynd_44:

you mean that make room for the Islam brothers, or the same law made by the superior to be obeyed by the inferiors? where we have hour leaders and big shots, romancing and practicing polygamy. thanks for you contributions yet.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by AdeniyiA(m): 1:42pm On Jan 10, 2013
my interpretation,
"is it wrong to marry two troubles or rather divorce one trouble and marry another trouble?"

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 8:54pm On Jan 10, 2013
Adeniyi A.:
my interpretation,
"is it wrong to marry two troubles or rather divorce one trouble and marry another trouble?"
well, may be we should say necessary trouble
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by ihedioramma: 1:38am On Jan 11, 2013
CULTURE THAT IS WHY JESUS CAME TO THE WORLD TO STOP THE WRONG ONE'S. DO U REMANBER THAT TIME IF A WOMAN GIVE BRT TO TWO CHILD THEY WILL KL, THEM ? ARE THEY DOING THAT IN UR STATE TODAY? IF U MARRY 2 U ARE IN ADULTERY ALL ALL YOR LIFE. WHY DO U WANT TO REMARRY ? I CAN HELP U LET ME NO.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 11:30pm On Jan 13, 2013
ihedioramma: CULTURE THAT IS WHY JESUS CAME TO THE WORLD TO STOP THE WRONG ONE'S. DO U REMANBER THAT TIME IF A WOMAN GIVE BRT TO TWO CHILD THEY WILL KL, THEM ? ARE THEY DOING THAT IN UR STATE TODAY? IF U MARRY 2 U ARE IN ADULTERY ALL ALL YOR LIFE. WHY DO U WANT TO REMARRY ? I CAN HELP U LET ME NO.

well said, thanks. it's not about me, but for the youths who are still facing the temptations.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 7:26pm On Jan 14, 2013
Nigerians are interesting, we are enjoying you opinion
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by ihedioramma: 9:41pm On Jan 14, 2013
OK THANK'S I LOVE THE TOPIC YOU BRING UP IT WILL HELP SO MANY PEOPLE HERE ON NLAND. IF YOU HAVE OR NO ANY BODY THAT WANT TO GO INTO THIS SIN HELP HIM OR HER NOT TO DO IT .THANK'S MY BROTHER ONE LOVE (NOT SEX).
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 12:50am On Jan 15, 2013
ihedioramma: OK THANK'S I LOVE THE TOPIC YOU BRING UP IT WILL HELP SO MANY PEOPLE HERE ON NLAND. IF YOU HAVE OR NO ANY BODY THAT WANT TO GO INTO THIS SIN HELP HIM OR HER NOT TO DO IT .THANK'S MY BROTHER ONE LOVE (NOT SEX).

thank you for your contributions
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by ihedioramma: 3:47am On Jan 15, 2013
OK.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 8:29am On Jan 15, 2013
Africans hmmmmm
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 8:00pm On Jan 23, 2013
we are not done on this pls!
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by greedie1(f): 8:35pm On Jan 23, 2013
9jagobetta: we are not done on this pls!
tell me, do u want to marry another wife?
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by topsco(m): 8:44pm On Jan 23, 2013
Does Nigeria Constitution,stipulates the numbers of wives a man suppose to married?
If not,then as a Nigerian and an African born core...nothing holding me back,two or more noni.
...ilu ti o ba si ofin ko si ese...
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 9:13pm On Jan 23, 2013
gree-die:

tell me, do u want to marry another wife?
well, i do not have not have any yet.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 9:16pm On Jan 23, 2013
topsco: Does Nigeria Constitution,stipulates the numbers of wives a man suppose to married?
If not,then as a Nigerian and an African born core...nothing holding me back,two or more noni.
...ilu ti o ba si ofin ko si ese...
i think the National assembly needs a letter then
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by ihedioramma: 10:19pm On Jan 23, 2013
IF YOU MARRY TWO WIFE'S YOUR BUS STOP WILL BE IN STATAN BELIVE IT FROM ME .
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by topsco(m): 10:19pm On Jan 23, 2013
9jagobetta:
i think the National assembly needs a letter then
yeah! Maybe we need a constitutional review on men's human right regarding our polygamy previlege.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by ihedioramma: 10:21pm On Jan 23, 2013
IF YOU MARRY TWO WIFE'S YOUR BUS STOP WILL BE IN SATATAN BELIVE IT FROM ME .
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by ihedioramma: 10:27pm On Jan 23, 2013
IF YOU MARRY TWO WIFE'S YOUR BUS STOP WILL BE IN SATATAN BELIVE IT FROM ME.
Re: Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another by 9jagobetta: 9:41am On Jan 24, 2013
topsco:
yeah! Maybe we need a constitutional review on men's human right regarding our polygamy previlege.
the problem is most of the representative in the National assembly have more than one wife and uncountable concubines

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Very Curvy Maids(house Help) / Naija Lady Trends On Instagram As She Flaunts "Massive Everything" -LOL / When She Says No Sex Before Marriage, And After Marriage You Discover This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.