Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam - Islam for Muslims (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam (31913 Views)

Why I Am Now A Muslim – Imo Traditional Ruler / 'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / List of Notable Converts to Islam from Wikipedia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Aliyu333: 11:49am On Jan 13, 2013
oturugo: When one Nigerian converts to Islam, it becomes the the a breaking news, yet there is no particular day that a muslim don't convert to xtianity.
guy it is after d numbers of muslim convert av danced round d circle,it then the numbers of xtian convert start putting on pants
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by ziccoit: 11:56am On Jan 13, 2013
brentkruge:

LOL and the Quran itself claims its fully detailed! You just confirmed IT IS NOT. BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

One day We shall raise from all Peoples a witness against them, from amongst themselves: and We shall bring thee as a witness against these (thy people): and We have sent down to thee the Book explaining all things, a Guide, a Mercy, and Glad Tidings to Muslims. S. 16:89 A. Yusuf Ali

It forgot to explan the important issue like the Salah etc!

Shall I seek other than Allah for judge, when He it is Who hath revealed unto you (this) Scripture, fully explained? Those unto whom We gave the Scripture (aforetime) know that it is revealed from thy Lord in truth. So be not thou (O Muhammad) of the waverers. S. 6:114 Pickthall]

Look lets not derail. The igboman just checked into hotel california grin

The S16:89 you quoted goes;

"وَيَوْمَ نَبْعَثُ فِي كُلِّ أُمَّةٍ شَهِيدًا عَلَيْهِم مِّنْ أَنفُسِهِمْ وَجِئْنَا بِكَ شَهِيدًا عَلَىٰ هَٰؤُلَاءِ وَنَزَّلْنَا عَلَيْكَ الْكِتَابَ تِبْيَانًا لِّكُلِّ شَيْءٍ وَهُدًى وَرَحْمَةً وَبُشْرَىٰ لِلْمُسْلِمِينَ"

"(O Muhammad), warn them of the coming of a Day when We shall bring forth a witness against them from each community and We shall bring you forth as a witness against them all; (and it is for that purpose that) We sent down the Book to you which makes everything clear, and serves as a guidance and mercy and glad tidings to those who have submitted to Allah."

There is nothing left unexplained by the Almighty Allah in the Noble Quran. All the questions pertaining to the past, the present and the future are carefully answered in that Book. That you think you don't find explanation to your stream of thought is as a result of one or combination of the following;

1. Shallowness of understanding of correct interpretation of Noble Quran.

2. A weak intellectual ability to be able to understand and contain the message sent therein (Noble Quran)

3. A mischievous soul that has already shot his mind off the truth.

My guy, ask any question you don't clear about in Islam fom the knowledgeable ones. You would be marvelled at how Allah has left nothing unexplained.

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by don13(m): 12:17pm On Jan 13, 2013
Notin spoil, he was never a Christian.
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 13, 2013
Whatever his motive, he has changed to serve Allah-let the muslims be happy but also allow those who want to change to christianity to. Its freewill. The ibo leader has changed religion-he's not hunted. The stories of those who changed from islam to christianity I've heard- they're chased, hunted to be killed. For all those screaming islam this, christianity that-how many of you chose ur religion by function of your personal conviction? If you don't have a personal relationship with YOUR GOD-you're standing on a long thing... For u just belong to a social club called christianity or islam-ur heart is filled with sand.

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by xeexee1: 12:58pm On Jan 13, 2013
Allahu Akbar- Allah indeed is the greatest! I'd first of all appreciate my fellow muslim nairalanders in here for there strong iman n dia refusal to retaliate on wat so ever comments said against us! Its a sign of Respect, morals n loyalty to ur Religion! I luv d fact that no matter hw it goes down we dnt mimick me our Religion, Imam n scholars! May Allah in his infinite merciese accept our ibadah n guide us 2 the right path! Subhanallah!! Alhamdulilah bi ni'matil islam!!!

3 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by xeexee1: 1:09pm On Jan 13, 2013
Allahu Akbar- Allah indeed is the greatest! I'd first of all appreciate my fellow muslim nairalanders in here for there strong iman n dia refusal to retaliate on wat so ever comments said against us! Its a sign of Respect, morals n loyalty to ur Religion! I luv d fact that no matter hw it goes down we dnt mimick me our Religion, Imam n scholars! May Allah in his infinite mercies accept our ibadah n guide us 2 the right path! Subhanallah!! Alhamdulilah bi ni'matil islam!!!
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by stedox: 2:30pm On Jan 13, 2013
The bible says, by their fruits u shall knw them. U can neva compare d pineapple wit an orange. Lets call a spade, a spade. A religion that encourages its followers 2 kill and nt have a heart is nt it. He's free 2 do wateva he wnts buh left 2 me, i can neva...tufiakwa, lailai, mba, kojo

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by azezola(m): 2:47pm On Jan 13, 2013
jzk
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Najyin(m): 3:06pm On Jan 13, 2013
Alhamdulilah. Allah has shown mercy to one of his servants. May Allah make his feet firm in Al-Islam,and make him a better ruler. This was what the greatest loser, Fir'aun rejected. May Allah have mercy on us all. Amin.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by nollywood20: 3:18pm On Jan 13, 2013
[size=28pt]IGBO MAN IS EYEING A DANGOTE LARGESS. [/size]grin
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Zackenny: 3:22pm On Jan 13, 2013
Who knows it could be because of money or he wants to get under their ladies
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by gp66(m): 3:26pm On Jan 13, 2013
let him go and get their secrets and come back to his status quo. these are the strategies.
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Ollypumpin: 4:58pm On Jan 13, 2013
...i dont know why some people will just be commenting without even thought about what might have made him do so...he is an old man and a man of his age should know what is good for him....i am not saying this b'cuz i am a Muslim,...i if you are so much concerned about why he changed, why dont you just look for his contact and meet him in person. I have about four friend who have changed to Islam. If u wnt 2 knw abt islam, y nt pretend 2 b 1 for a mnth nd go 2 mosque nd c 4 urslf.
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by MotionKali: 5:14pm On Jan 13, 2013
You should not carry away by that, beco I believe strongly that they gave him an offer which I will advice that community they should be very careful with him. Because Igbo man can do anything for money. It is strange thing to see Igbo man as a muslim. You should not carry away by that, beco I believe strongly that they gave him an offer which I will advice that community they should be very careful with him. Because Igbo man can do anything for money. It is strange thing to see Igbo man as a muslim. You should not carry away by that, beco I believe strongly that they gave him an offer which I will advice that community they should be very careful with him. Because Igbo man can do anything for money. It is strange thing to see Igbo man as a muslim.
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by secreyor: 6:07pm On Jan 13, 2013
RUBBISH NEWS.
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by ibdzarma(m): 6:17pm On Jan 13, 2013
i guess the man must ve been impressed by boko haram, the blood suckers also.

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by brentkruge: 6:32pm On Jan 13, 2013
maclatunji:

Create a new thread for your arguments.

Thank you.

Shun! Chairman! I hail oh! Your boyz dey hia! cheesy
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by brentkruge: 6:45pm On Jan 13, 2013
Maple:

I would be very happy to "embarrass" myself over and over again just to educate you a bit on this issue.

Indeed, Hadiths are very important in Islam, no muslim would dispute that, because it contains the sayings and deeds of the prophets Muhammed (S.A.W) which muslims are enjoined to follow. However not all hadiths are considered credible. Hadith describes in more details things Allah(SWT) enjoined us to do as examplified by prophet Muhammad (SAW) such as like Ablution, salat, zakat, hajj etc. And the fact that this is so, does not in anyway make the Quran less credible. Allah(SWT) sent down revelations to all His prophets, and still enjoined their followers to live by their prophet's example. No prophet mentioned in the Bible is an exception. All prophets communicate with God on a much higher realm and therefore understands how to better serve God or implement step-by-step what God has ordained them and their followers to do.

Hadiths are written by muslim scholars recounting accounts from people who were eye or ear witnesses to the sayings and deeds of the prophet Muhammad (SAW) during his lifetime. At the time when Hadiths were finally compiled, they underwent intense scrutiny, and were separated and classified into 4 groups.

1. Sahih (Genuine): this name is given to a faultless hadith, in which there is no weakness either in regard to the chain of transmission or in regard to the text, and in which there is no contradiction of any kind of any of the established beliefs of Islam.

2. Hasan(Fair): this hadith is similar to Sahih hadith only some of its narrators might have to be found to have weaker or defective memory as compared to the narrator of Sahih hadith.

3. Da'if(weak): this is a tradition, in respect of which some serious doubts can be raised. These doubts might be in respect to its content or the text, or because one or more of its transmitters are considered unreliable, hence muslims are not binded to follow it.

I do understand that Xtains protestants excluded 7 books of the Roman Catholic bible from their Bible, because they(protestants)regard them as Apocrypha (of weak, doubtful, spurious origin), hence they dont feel obligated to follow them. Same can be said of Majority of Muslims about da'if hadiths.

4. Maudu (forged): this is a totally forged hadith.

The hadith you kept quoting as saying there's a death penalty for conversion from Islam is a Da'if(weak) hadith, therefore it is not given credence by majority of Muslims. because the Holy Quran (chapter 2:256) states that there's no compulsion in religion.

Quran (chapter 2:256):
There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion. The right course has become clear from the wrong. So whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no break in it. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing.

I like to reiterate that I sincerely dont mind "embarrassing" myself again to answer your questions, provided you keep your temper down and avoid the name callings.
I am sure there are objective readers who would be glad to learn from what we both have to say.

My temper aint high and I have not and will not calling NOBODY anybody names. I am WAYYYY beyond that.

I fully understand the system of classification of the Hadith. But you CANNOT dismiss the Hadith on killing of apostates. Why? Because more learned scholars than you have admitted that Hadith as true and as a result apostasy laws have been passed in places like Saudi Arabia, Iran and Malaysia. Are you better than them in understanding the authenticity of those Hadiths? undecided

My point is that the Igwe had no problem choosing Islam (in fact he got in the news of a national daily). BUT he may have problems when he chooses to switch his faith again because of that hadith. Thats a fact.
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by lukbaja: 6:57pm On Jan 13, 2013
Islam is the Only religion in Nigeria or anywhere in the world that was not advertised on TV or Radio yet people keep converting and publicising it. Can somebody tell me why? I watched a local American TV internet upload where a man said all he knew about Islam was from CNN yet he joined the 20,000 yealy convertees in the US to Islam. Oh my God.

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by brentkruge: 7:04pm On Jan 13, 2013
ziccoit:

The S16:89 you quoted goes;

"وَيَوْمَ نَبْعَثُ فِي كُلِّ أُمَّةٍ شَهِيدًا عَلَيْهِم مِّنْ أَنفُسِهِمْ وَجِئْنَا بِكَ شَهِيدًا عَلَىٰ هَٰؤُلَاءِ وَنَزَّلْنَا عَلَيْكَ الْكِتَابَ تِبْيَانًا لِّكُلِّ شَيْءٍ وَهُدًى وَرَحْمَةً وَبُشْرَىٰ لِلْمُسْلِمِينَ"

"(O Muhammad), warn them of the coming of a Day when We shall bring forth a witness against them from each community and We shall bring you forth as a witness against them all; (and it is for that purpose that) We sent down the Book to you which makes everything clear, and serves as a guidance and mercy and glad tidings to those who have submitted to Allah."

There is nothing left unexplained by the Almighty Allah in the Noble Quran. All the questions pertaining to the past, the present and the future are carefully answered in that Book. That you think you don't find explanation to your stream of thought is as a result of one or combination of the following;

1. Shallowness of understanding of correct interpretation of Noble Quran.

2. A weak intellectual ability to be able to understand and contain the message sent therein (Noble Quran)

3. A mischievous soul that has already shot his mind off the truth.

My guy, ask any question you don't clear about in Islam fom the knowledgeable ones. You would be marvelled at how Allah has left nothing unexplained.

My guy, why are you guys depending on the Hadith for what to do in the Hajj, Salah etc then? Muslims who reject the Hadiths(Quranist) are rejected by mainstream Muslims. Please if you want more open a thread let me let you know more. Just forget your story telling.

But the issue is that of the "Igwe" and his faith. I sincerely do hope that he finds satisfaction and comfort in his new faith (which is what all religious people seek). My hope also is that whenever he chooses another path to God, he is allowed to leave as easily as he came into Islam.

Peace! cool
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by hadbak: 7:13pm On Jan 13, 2013
don13: Notin spoil, he was never a Christian.

you are right. He was born upon al-fitrah n that's y he is a revert. LMAO!

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 13, 2013
ISLAM IS THE FASTEST GROWING RELIGION ON EARTH
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by DonEwexco(m): 10:43pm On Jan 13, 2013
That man is a matured-mor*n, how I wish he is near me......fvck-Him!
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by nagoma(m): 10:47pm On Jan 13, 2013
It is great and we thank Allah ( SWT) to see our Igbo brothers embracing Islam. Absence of Islam in Igboland is One of the reasons why we have so much greed, selfishness , crime, antisocial behavior and the lack of understanding of public good and commitment to wider society and mankind, among them. With more people accepting Islam things are bound to improve. AlhamdulilLah.
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 11:00pm On Jan 13, 2013
D xtian are very rude,but they have a very good point about d hadith.Some hadith do preach violent.And most are written 200hundrate years after d dead of d prophet.I do not belive in d hadith,but i belive in quran alone.Quran truely,is d word of God.
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by crackhouse(m): 11:36pm On Jan 13, 2013
o.k nah
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jan 13, 2013
nagoma: It is great and we thank Allah ( SWT) to see our Igbo brothers embracing Islam. Absence of Islam in Igboland is One of the reasons why we have so much greed, selfishness , crime, antisocial behavior and the lack of understanding of public good and commitment to wider society and mankind, among them. With more people accepting Islam things are bound to improve. AlhamdulilLah.

Am amazed how muslims act like they dont know that what other religions know abt islam is suicide bombing. Thats d only thing i know islam doesnt carry last in.
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by delkuf(m): 11:57pm On Jan 13, 2013
[quote
author=Kamsy10]

Am amazed how muslims act like they dont know that what other religions
know abt islam is suicide bombing. Thats d only thing i know islam
doesnt carry last in.[/quote]gbam. it is well with u
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by delkuf(m): 12:00am On Jan 14, 2013
Law prince: ISLAM IS THE FASTEST GROWING RELIGION ON EARTH
in ur dreams. all of u will go to hell
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Nonybb: 2:58am On Jan 14, 2013
Impossible
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 6:42am On Jan 14, 2013
And what make u sure,u are going to paradise u jesus worshiper.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Crowds Visit Lagos Mosque For Apparitions Of Clerics / Liz Anjorin Converts To Islam, Changes Name To Aisha / Importance of Ayatul Kursi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.