Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam (31916 Views)

Why I Am Now A Muslim – Imo Traditional Ruler / 'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / List of Notable Converts to Islam from Wikipedia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by kiyosaki1(m): 9:22pm On Jan 12, 2013
Moses in arabic
Afam4eva: Is Musa a Muslim or Hausa name?
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Zet72(m): 9:24pm On Jan 12, 2013
Na for abuja in de declare say Im don join Muslim,meki go im village go declare am meki boys & people wey don lost love ones in de boko-haram north kilam, ode ,oloshi

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by tintingz(m): 9:25pm On Jan 12, 2013
Pace$etter:

No on left path...so dumb
always on the right path grin
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by AJEGBINJEKARAUN(m): 9:26pm On Jan 12, 2013
Ihdina sirata L- Mustaqim!

4 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by mbhs139(m): 9:26pm On Jan 12, 2013
The anti-Islam movements' approach has been prejudiced, colored and unscientific. Their disinformation and misinformation based on exaggeration and fabrication touches the borders of imaginary events, and their attitude towards Muslims is dogmatic, unsympathetic and even hostile. This is generating pollution and because of this, the dirty A.I.R. (Anti- Semitism, Islamophobia and Racism) is in the air.

We must continue to fight the pollution of Anti-Semitism, Islamophobia and Racism (A.I.R.). Let us work together to reduce pollution of hatred and extremism, clean the dirty air , dispense the truth, engage in building bridges of understanding and tolerance, strive hard to uphold diversity, and continue to support outreach programs.

bdul Munim Shakir wrote in the United States a poem for the Muslim children several decades ago. The last two lines say it all.

Through working together our hopes increase
To live in a world full of love and peace

Mohammad Yacoob is a retired Industrial Engineer and Engineering Proposals Analyst who lives in Los Angeles, California.

4 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 12, 2013
I HOPE HE IS NOT PLANNING TO BRING BOKOHARAM OR SHARIA LAW TO IMO STATE!
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by kiyosaki1(m): 9:27pm On Jan 12, 2013
Are you sure you take your medication today?
tpapi: Some monkeys wil stil com here n blame gej for dis

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by valicious1(m): 9:28pm On Jan 12, 2013
abdulkayus:

Musa is a muslim name, equivalent of Moses in xtianity. Bt d northern xtains take it to be hausa name, so dey named their children Musa instead of Moses. Likewise Yakubu = Jacob
Suleiman = Solomon
Nuhu = Noah
Ibrahim = Abraham
Maryam = Mary
Hauwa = Eve
Saratu = Sara e.t.c

bt there are names which are hausa in nature inwhich both d northern muslims and xtains bears like Sani, Danlami, Galadima, Aboki, Abba, Danfulani, Hassana, Hassan, Garba, etc
CIAO
The information you've supplied is highly irrelevant & of no use. What Nigeria needs from you is to show us where you've hidden your terrorist brothers in your iterior villages & also help in exposing them & facilitate the tremendous growth & development which ur Boko brothers have brought to a standstill in Nigeria. That, my dear Abdulkayus is what we need you to tell us.

5 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by ib0221: 9:29pm On Jan 12, 2013
First, I dont know why some people feel hurt about somebody's life which has no bearing on their own existence. It is at the moment like this that I do appreciate my parent and my people so much. We always see religion as private affair.
For those that inquire about what the man meant by traditional religion, muslims believe that islam is traditional religon because a child is born a muslim but parents and society turn him or her to any religion. We should all try to learn a little about other religion.

4 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by tintingz(m): 9:30pm On Jan 12, 2013
free2ryhme:

try yaba left e make sense
lol...ofcos that guy stays at yaba left grin
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by ektbear: 9:30pm On Jan 12, 2013
How did this trash make the front page?
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Koolface4u: 9:30pm On Jan 12, 2013
fkaz: Vice Chairman of the Council of Village Heads in Imo State, Chief Sylvester O. Dimunah, has said he accepted Islam due to the truthful nature of the religion and the steadfastness of Muslims.
Speaking when he visited Media Trust Office yesterday in Abuja, the traditional ruler whose name is now Musa Dimunah, said he was particularly influenced by the good nature of the former secretary of the council and the executive secretary of Justice Mamman Nasir Islamic Centre for Peace and Research, Malam Ibrahim BioboNlomije.

“I did not accept Islam, I only revert to the religion that our forefathers practice and the universal religion of humanity. I’m impressed by the good nature of Muslims’ love for everybody and hatred for none apart from the way they revere Allah and all the Prophets without discrimination.

“I am also impressed by the brotherhood and mutual respect for each other and other members of the community,” he said.

He also said he was not under any pressure to drop his old name for becoming a Muslim and that his children and other family members did not oppose his being a Muslim.
http://weeklytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11799:why-iccepted-islam-imo-traditional-ruler&catid=40:cover-stories&Itemid=26
another BOKO MEMBER ON D RUN. IGBO PEOPLE BEWARE!

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by mbhs139(m): 9:32pm On Jan 12, 2013
The anti-Islam movements' approach has been prejudiced, colored and unscientific. Their disinformation and misinformation based on exaggeration and fabrication touches the borders of imaginary events, and their attitude towards Muslims is dogmatic, unsympathetic and even hostile. This is generating pollution and because of this, the dirty A.I.R. (Anti- Semitism, Islamophobia and Racism) is in the air.

We must continue to fight the pollution of Anti-Semitism, Islamophobia and Racism (A.I.R.). Let us work together to reduce pollution of hatred and extremism, clean the dirty air , dispense the truth, engage in building bridges of understanding and tolerance, strive hard to uphold diversity, and continue to support outreach programs.

bdul Munim Shakir wrote in the United States a poem for the Muslim children several decades ago. The last two lines say it all.

Through working together our hopes increase
To live in a world full of love and peace

Mohammad Yacoob is a retired Industrial Engineer and Engineering Proposals Analyst who lives in Los Angeles, California.
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by confusion247(m): 9:32pm On Jan 12, 2013
Imo People should open their arms and welcome all the goodies that comes with Islam.
1- Suicide bombers

2-Jihadist

3-Terrorist

4-multiple bomb blast

5-sharia law

6-mujahideen

7-child abuse in disguise of marriage

8-72 virgins

IMO people should always remember,
1- Never to criticize Islam, it's activities or operating system.

2-Never to insult Koran or allow people joke with it.

3-Never insult Muhamed or allow people insult Him
IMO people should always be ready to slash the throat of anyone who opposes islam as USMAN DANFODIO and Muhamed did during their time.
fINALLY, IMO people should always remember that Islam is a religion of peace PISS

2 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 12, 2013
[quote author=abdulkayus]

Suleiman = Solomon
Nuhu = Noah
Ibrahim = Abraham
Maryam = Mary
Hauwa = Eve
I GUESS ADAMU IS ALSO ADAM? SO MY FRIEND WHO BEARS THE NAME HAUWA ADAMU IS WHAT IN CHRISTIANITY? HMMM.....
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by infohenry(m): 9:37pm On Jan 12, 2013
Rubbish journalism, pls op change the title cos Dimunah is not a traditional ruler but a chief his community traditional ruler is Eze mike Ekeruo, ezediohamma 2 of ifakala. Dimunah is just a hungry man.

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by mbhs139(m): 9:38pm On Jan 12, 2013
And the Jews say the Christians follow nothing [true], and the Christians say the Jews follow nothing [true]; yet both are readers of the Scripture. Even thus speak those who know not.[b]Allah will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection[/b]concerning that wherein they differ

2 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Gudiza(m): 9:38pm On Jan 12, 2013
tpapi: Some monkeys wil stil com here n blame gej for dis
nah man. It looks like its just gonna be you today.

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by omenziate(m): 9:39pm On Jan 12, 2013
Arrant Nonsense. So piqued right now.
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by teniyi(m): 9:39pm On Jan 12, 2013
noblezone: This confused man does not know what he has done to himself.

He has converted to Islam peacefully.
Let him convert from Islam to another religion: then the merciful messengers of Allah will declare a powerful fatwah on his head.

This is so unfortunate.

Can you imagine all form of anti-islam responses? What has happened is a plus to Islam and the unbelievers still make reference to Boko Haram and a funny virgin story formed and promulgated by themselves.
My main point is that, this news is not for the christian to be happy, but it doesn't not mean they should keep pouring their poison out.
And for those who still deny, there are no Igbo Muslims, they live in the past as the population keeps growing, especially in Imo and Ebonyi States.

7 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 12, 2013
ignis: This is not news. Do you know how many people in the
North who convert to Christianity everyday? Do you
know how many Muslims and Christians who convert to
Hindu in Europe everyday? A lot of people convert to
whatever they like everyday. We encourage it. It would
have been news if the Igbos kill him or attack him
because he converted to Islam. In fact we should give
the Igbos credit for tolarance. If a Muslim Chief convert
to Christianity in Hausa/Fulani land, just imagine what
will happen?

you are so on point.
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by COOLDUN: 9:43pm On Jan 12, 2013
berem: I HOPE HE IS NOT PLANNING TO BRING BOKOHARAM OR SHARIA LAW TO IMO STATE!

Which Imo state? he is an Abuja chief not in Imo state, until they tell us his autonomous community then we shall know and believe that he is from Imo state. How can you write about a chief without mentioning his autonomous community?
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by tintingz(m): 9:44pm On Jan 12, 2013
Lol...see how non-muslims are fustrated bout this igbo man embracing Islam

If you like go hug transformer...no one send you tongue who even cares if you kiss it sef

The man is now happy being a muslim...he has seen the truth in Islam smiley

5 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Ikwerefistson: 9:44pm On Jan 12, 2013
will happen?
guy u said it all.bt d man is on is own
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Zet72(m): 9:45pm On Jan 12, 2013
superior 2:
my brother it is we muslims that are not following Islam in way that it suppose to be followed. If only we muslims on nairaland will convey Islam in a right manner then without a shadow of doubt every single christian on nairaland will convert to Islam by the will of our maker because Allah said in the glorious Qur'an "closest to the believers are christians. The problem is that you people are judging Islam by the muslim not by the Qur'an. Judge Islam according to what is revealed in the Qur'an. Let me advice you brother, take your time read the Qur'an in a language that you understand I guarantee u it will change your life.
Just like it has change the life of boko-haram northerns abi. My guy what ur quran has been churning out are terrorists,from Afghanistan to Yemen to Pakistan to Somalia down to northern Nigeria& now Mali just to mention but few .Perhaps I don't know the quiran u are referring to. I guess its not the manual for terrorism .......

4 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Geewan(m): 9:46pm On Jan 12, 2013
We shall show them Our portents on the horizons and within themselves until it will be manifest unto them that it is the Truth. Doth not thy Lord suffice, since He is Witness over all things? - Quran 41:53.

3 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by nagoma(m): 9:47pm On Jan 12, 2013
Dap07: He wants to marry more wives...
Now as a Muslim the maximum he can have is four if he can be just to them. As an Igbo chief he could have ten or more or just have a concubine like Ojukwu. The owelle of onitcha and my very own Zik of Africa had 7 wives I was reliably informed.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Burger01(m): 9:49pm On Jan 12, 2013
will happen?
Thank you... You said it all..
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by mca795: 9:49pm On Jan 12, 2013
Ds man funy. En no no say dem go stop dat furfather stuf if den convart abi em de try form shap guy 4dem
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by tintingz(m): 9:49pm On Jan 12, 2013
confusion247: Imo People should open their arms and welcome all the goodies that comes with Islam.
1- Suicide bombers

2-Jihadist

3-Terrorist

4-multiple bomb blast

5-sharia law

6-mujahideen

7-child abuse in disguise of marriage

8-72 virgins

IMO people should always remember,
1- Never to criticize Islam, it's activities or operating system.

2-Never to insult Koran or allow people joke with it.

3-Never insult Muhamed or allow people insult Him
IMO people should always be ready to slash the throat of anyone who opposes islam as USMAN DANFODIO and Muhamed did during their time.
fINALLY, IMO people should always remember that Islam is a religion of peace PISS
shame on you tongue no matter how you compose your new testament write up...many people are still converting to Islam round the world smiley

Take *coffee* ehn cuz your confusion username wont help at all

6 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by nagoma(m): 9:52pm On Jan 12, 2013
will happen?
Your second sentence implies that NORTHERNERS covert to Christianity everyday. Your last sentence indicate how impossible it would be due to intolerance. You need to chose. You can't say no and yes all at once.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Crowds Visit Lagos Mosque For Apparitions Of Clerics / Liz Anjorin Converts To Islam, Changes Name To Aisha / Importance of Ayatul Kursi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.