Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,780 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam (31910 Views)

Why I Am Now A Muslim – Imo Traditional Ruler / 'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / List of Notable Converts to Islam from Wikipedia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by valicious1(m): 8:57pm On Jan 12, 2013
Check that man well its either he was a pagan or an atheist before he got converted. Dis one na from frying pan to fire. Sulphuric fire for dat mata. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by gegee(m): 8:58pm On Jan 12, 2013
There's freedom of religion and right to private life in d nigerian constitution.its his business jor
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Onyocha: 8:58pm On Jan 12, 2013
so Imo would soon become the Muslim majority state in the Igbo South-East?

not bad at all.in the predominantly muslim north,you still find majority christian states.so a little igbo tolerance in sharing between christianity,islam and traditional religion would do good.the igbos would cease to be victimized collectively by either of the two sides.

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 12, 2013
SOUNDS POLITICAL TO ME.I BET THEY'RE OFFERING HIM SOMETHING. AGADI NWOKE NA-ERI NGARI . MEANING AN OLD MAN THAT ACCEPTS BRIBE. MY PPLE TOO LIKE MONEY

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by tpapi: 8:59pm On Jan 12, 2013
Some monkeys wil stil com here n blame gej for dis

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by obicentlis: 9:00pm On Jan 12, 2013
Cheap popularity!
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by cyril83(m): 9:01pm On Jan 12, 2013
Igbo people and their attitude towards money...there are more to this, this shameless man may be looking for favour from one mallam

3 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by COOLDUN: 9:02pm On Jan 12, 2013
fkaz:
Thus it mean Igbo people known about Islam before Christianity?

Do not mind the confused man; he has right to convert/transform to anything he chooses, but not to talk trash about his forefathers. Before the coming of these foreign religions and cults, the Igbos were dominantly African religion/pagans, this fellow talking nonsense here might be over intoxicated by his new believe. I wonder why these irrelevant and less important matters make it to the front page of this forum.

There are a lot of converts to many religions and cults every day, even many are leaving all these western/arab political machineries every day, because of the truth they are finding out in them, why you don’t post them in your front page? He can convert all his community into anything he likes that is no body’s business. Islam and Christianity are all foreign introduced believes to Igbo tribe. This man’s head should be thoroughly examined.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Sike(m): 9:04pm On Jan 12, 2013
Donmams: That's great news. All non muslims on NL are invited to join the religion of peace! Islam.
Oh yeah!

2 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by brownlord: 9:05pm On Jan 12, 2013
fkaz: Vice Chairman of the Council of Village Heads in Imo State, Chief Sylvester O. Dimunah, has said he accepted Islam due to the truthful nature of the religion and the steadfastness of Muslims.
Speaking when he visited Media Trust Office yesterday in Abuja, the traditional ruler whose name is now Musa Dimunah, said he was particularly influenced by the good nature of the former secretary of the council and the executive secretary of Justice Mamman Nasir Islamic Centre for Peace and Research, Malam Ibrahim BioboNlomije.

“I did not accept Islam, I only revert to the religion that our forefathers practice and the universal religion of humanity. I’m impressed by the good nature of Muslims’ love for everybody and hatred for none apart from the way they revere Allah and all the Prophets without discrimination.

“I am also impressed by the brotherhood and mutual respect for each other and other members of the community,” he said.

He also said he was not under any pressure to drop his old name for becoming a Muslim and that his children and other family members did not oppose his being a Muslim.
http://weeklytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11799:why-i-accepted-islam-imo-traditional-ruler&catid=40:cover-stories&Itemid=26

Can someone explain that part for me, the Islam he's talkin about is it different frm the killer Islam we use to knw
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Justicemy: 9:06pm On Jan 12, 2013
ignis: This is not news. Do you know how many people in the
North who convert to Christianity everyday? Do you
know how many Muslims and Christians who convert to
Hindu in Europe everyday? A lot of people convert to
whatever they like everyday. We encourage it. It would
have been news if the Igbos kill him or attack him
because he converted to Islam. In fact we should give
the Igbos credit for tolarance. If a Muslim Chief convert
to Christianity in Hausa/Fulani land, just imagine what
will happen?
u re confusin ursef, he posted wat he saw, y nt acept d fact dat his nw a muslim nd stop findin ways 2 cover ur mess

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by victorD3: 9:07pm On Jan 12, 2013
tintingz: he is on the right path

I beg to differ
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by danny301: 9:07pm On Jan 12, 2013
He is the owner of his life so he can convert to anything he likes..... Such is the beauty of a secular state, there is freedom of worship and that's what the ibos have shown by not fighting the chief over his new found faith.... The question now is, if one village head in zamfara or kebbi decides to convert from Islam to Christianity will the muslems let him be?

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by victorD3: 9:08pm On Jan 12, 2013
Boko haram is recruiting for a fatal cell down east
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by alienvirus: 9:08pm On Jan 12, 2013
Alhamdulilah. Haters! Start spewing thrash. It is your duty :DAlhamdulilah. Haters! Start spewing thrash. It is your duty

2 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by nickalams: 9:08pm On Jan 12, 2013
shocked grin he is a big n bunch of FOOLISH foools we hav as Leader he look like som1 who want 2 die 2day or 2morow chaaaa he will soon invite boko-haram 2 our Amiable Owerri he shuld go n meet them @ Madiguru stupid l only pity d village where he represnet @ a traditional Ruler foooooollls
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by walexzee11(m): 9:09pm On Jan 12, 2013
ignis: This is not news. Do you know how many people in the
North who convert to Christianity everyday? Do you
know how many Muslims and Christians who convert to
Hindu in Europe everyday? A lot of people convert to
whatever they like everyday. We encourage it. It would
have been news if the Igbos kill him or attack him
because he converted to Islam. In fact we should give
the Igbos credit for tolarance. If a Muslim Chief convert
to Christianity in Hausa/Fulani land, just imagine what
will happen?
Hmmmm,u too much,speech of the wise?
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Aleliberty(m): 9:09pm On Jan 12, 2013
Dap07: He wants to marry more wives...
i guess you dont know the people that practice that more in Nigeria now... check your street

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by superior2(m): 9:10pm On Jan 12, 2013
Kamsy10: RUBBISHH. THIS IS WHAT WE GET BY HAVING CONFUSED PEOPLE AS OUR LEADERS. SMH
my brother it is we muslims that are not following Islam in way that it suppose to be followed. If only we muslims on nairaland will convey Islam in a right manner then without a shadow of doubt every single christian on nairaland will convert to Islam by the will of our maker because Allah said in the glorious Qur'an "closest to the believers are christians. The problem is that you people are judging Islam by the muslim not by the Qur'an. Judge Islam according to what is revealed in the Qur'an. Let me advice you brother, take your time read the Qur'an in a language that you understand I guarantee u it will change your life.

14 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by COOLDUN: 9:10pm On Jan 12, 2013
ujoatu: The man is a fraudst*.a chieff is not an eze.no autonomous community he is an impostor lookn for favors

Don’t mind them, this man with his eyes like a man who is suffering from diarrhea, which autonomous community is he their chief? From there we shall know where he comes from. He is free to be anything he chooses to be.
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by tbaba1234: 9:12pm On Jan 12, 2013
Afam4eva: Is Musa a Muslim or Hausa name?

Musa is Arabic for Moses.
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by abdulkayus(m): 9:14pm On Jan 12, 2013

Musa is a muslim name, equivalent of Moses in xtianity. Bt d northern xtains take it to be hausa name, so dey named their children Musa instead of Moses. Likewise Yakubu = Jacob
Suleiman = Solomon
Nuhu = Noah
Ibrahim = Abraham
Maryam = Mary
Hauwa = Eve
Saratu = Sara e.t.c

bt there are names which are hausa in nature inwhich both d northern muslims and xtains bears like Sani, Danlami, Galadima, Aboki, Abba, Danfulani, Hassana, Hassan, Garba, etc
CIAO

2 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by yawale(m): 9:15pm On Jan 12, 2013
fkaz: Vice Chairman of the Council of Village Heads in Imo State, Chief Sylvester O. Dimunah, has said he accepted Islam due to the truthful nature of the religion and the steadfastness of Muslims.
Speaking when he visited Media Trust Office yesterday in Abuja, the traditional ruler whose name is now Musa Dimunah, said he was particularly influenced by the good nature of the former secretary of the council and the executive secretary of Justice Mamman Nasir Islamic Centre for Peace and Research, Malam Ibrahim BioboNlomije.

“I did not accept Islam, I only revert to the religion that our forefathers practice and the universal religion of humanity. I’m impressed by the good nature of Muslims’ love for everybody and hatred for none apart from the way they revere Allah and all the Prophets without discrimination.

“I am also impressed by the brotherhood and mutual respect for each other and other members of the community,” he said.

He also said he was not under any pressure to drop his old name for becoming a Muslim and that his children and other family members did not oppose his being a Muslim.
http://weeklytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11799:why-i-accepted-islam-imo-traditional-ruler&catid=40:cover-stories&Itemid=26
ALHAMDULILLAHI ALA NI'IMATUL ISLAM..!!

3 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by egoldman(m): 9:15pm On Jan 12, 2013
danny301: He is the owner of his life so he can convert to anything he likes..... Such is the beauty of a secular state, there is freedom of worship and that's what the ibos have shown by not fighting the chief over his new found faith.... The question now is, if one village head in zamfara or kebbi decides to convert from Islam to Christianity will the muslems let him be?

You will live long my brother .
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 12, 2013
This confused man does not know what he has done to himself.

He has converted to Islam peacefully.
Let him convert from Islam to another religion: then the merciful messengers of Allah will declare a powerful fatwah on his head.

This is so unfortunate.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by abdulkayus(m): 9:18pm On Jan 12, 2013
dis article don dey pepper some people ooooo. Hmmmmm. Dont judge Islam by d few misguided Muslims, judge Islam by readin d Holy Qur'an wit unbiased mind.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Belmot(m): 9:19pm On Jan 12, 2013
it's a muslim name
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by tbaba1234: 9:21pm On Jan 12, 2013
Good for him. May Allah have mercy upon him. Allahuakbar.

I invite the people on this thread to do a proper academic study on Islam for yourself and look beyond all the fluff. You will be shocked at what you find.

6 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:21pm On Jan 12, 2013

muslim . it means moses .
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:22pm On Jan 12, 2013
tbaba1234: Good for him. May Allah have mercy upon him. Allahuakbar.

I invite the people on this thread to do a proper academic study on Islam for yourself and look beyond all the fluff. You will be shocked at what you find.

yes i agree. all it talks about is killing us Pagans.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Crowds Visit Lagos Mosque For Apparitions Of Clerics / Liz Anjorin Converts To Islam, Changes Name To Aisha / Importance of Ayatul Kursi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.