Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. (19325 Views)

5 Super Methods To Get Noticed By Any Employer You Wish To Work For / I Asked An Employer To Pay My TP Before Coming For Interview / Must Your Destiny Work For Someone Else? Click To Be An Employer Instead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by juleze(f): 4:06pm On Jan 12, 2013
4reigningqueen:

Imagine this

A teacher enters a class and a class that was rowdy suddenly becomes quiet.The teacher starts teaching with the students paying absolute attention. After explaining, the students struggled among themselves to ask questions.The bell for a change of period goes but the students are begging him to continue.

Will you say the students were bored?

Wow! If I had a school, I'll hire you, pronto!
It's not only about knowing maths, but being able to present it i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ a way †ђξ students would understand. Please keep up †ђξ good work.

1 Like

Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by Ishilove: 4:09pm On Jan 12, 2013
If you don't hire me, I will kidnap your kids and aged mother.
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by GudluckIBB(m): 4:09pm On Jan 12, 2013
Stallion84:

what if they are happy the class is over?
LMAO !!!!! You get badt Mouth
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by Meklex(m): 4:16pm On Jan 12, 2013
kombats: the best u willl ever had
And to think that you are trying to convince someone to employ you
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by Abbey2sam(m): 4:17pm On Jan 12, 2013
I have records for good delivery,I'm what this organisation need.

Thank you
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by LarrySun(m): 4:17pm On Jan 12, 2013
I can turn Fufu to a mobile phone...
I can sell snow to an Eskimo...
I can market a truckload of sand in the Sahara...
I can drown a fish in the ocean...
If you don't employ me, I can turn you into a chinhuahua!

2 Likes

Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by Anubiri(m): 4:22pm On Jan 12, 2013
I read d minds of customers $ I kw wat makes dem hapi

1 Like

Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by faffing: 4:24pm On Jan 12, 2013
Dr. Wise:
" I have a history of achievements, in my previous job I earned several commendations from Executive Management for excellent performance and I am even poised to do much more in this organisation."
very well d best convincing statement.
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by kponkedenge(m): 4:24pm On Jan 12, 2013
I am handsome n good in bed so female customers wuld love me. By d way 72nd to coment
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by ujchief(m): 4:24pm On Jan 12, 2013
4reigningqueen:

If you are teaching or you have ever taught, you will know that the facial expression of students shows if they understood what they were taught or not. Learning and doing new things brings pleasure, hence the smiles on their faces.

The smile from a student could mean more than just that.
It could mean 'can this boring teacher just leave so I can play suwell with my class mates'
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by Truckpusher(m): 4:27pm On Jan 12, 2013
freecocoa: I have been jobless for a longtime, employ me and all the energy I've saved in my years of joblessness will be used to work wonders in your company.grin
I'm all cracked up grin grin grin grin grin
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by Olabixi(m): 4:27pm On Jan 12, 2013
"Sir!I'm nt sayin I'm d bst 4dis job buh pls show me who's beta"#gbam
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by mutaalim(m): 4:29pm On Jan 12, 2013
simply because am deligent @ work (1 sentence) chike na !

1 Like

Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by hamsky: 4:42pm On Jan 12, 2013
Because I graduated with a first from Cambridge without attending a single lecture. True story oh!
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by hamsky: 4:42pm On Jan 12, 2013
grin
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by Yahoo1(m): 4:46pm On Jan 12, 2013
i go serving this company,if i gotten dis job.

lol
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by PalmTree(m): 4:46pm On Jan 12, 2013
4reigningqueen:

Imagine this

A teacher enters a class and a class that was rowdy suddenly becomes quiet.The teacher starts teaching with the students paying absolute attention. After explaining, the students struggled among themselves to ask questions.The bell for a change of period goes but the students are begging him to continue.

Will you say the students were bored?

Well, it depends on your perspective. here is another: A teacher enters a class and a class that was rowdy suddenly becomes quiet(it might be because the students are greatly afraid of him).
The teacher starts teaching with the students paying absolute attention, (now to be sincere with you, they might just be very scared of what your reaction might be if they do not concentrate, infact how do you measure absolute attention?)
After explaining, the students struggled among themselves to ask questions, (now, my personal favourite, this stamps it that you are dealing with a bunch of scared kids who feel they are screewed if they dont put up that stunt to make you feel that they are eager to answer your questions. kids do that alot you know! who knows, you might just be one of those **I'll beat the hell outta you, if you don't answer my questions correctly teachers**. grin )
The bell for a change of period goes but the students are begging him to continue.(Ah, yes! they want you to finish up the syllabus in a single day so that they wont have to pass through that HELL again cheesy)
Will you say the students were bored?(Again, this depends on your perception) cheesy grin wink
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by Confirmbabe(f): 4:48pm On Jan 12, 2013
freecocoa: I have been jobless for a longtime, employ me and all the energy I've saved in my years of joblessness will be used to work wonders in your company.grin
Ar u serious? Babe u're funny, anyways if u talk ds one 4 interview na Director of comedy u go get. Nice post.

1 Like

Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by segunoz(m): 4:51pm On Jan 12, 2013
Sir, you wanna make money?, that is what I do.

1 Like

Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by FindOut(m): 4:54pm On Jan 12, 2013
*If its a good company with prospects & moderate pay at least*

Employ me for 2 months without pay, set up a team to monitor & evaluate my performance for that duration & if I don't score an 'A' at the end of the 2 months, I promise you my first two months salary at my next job as a way of compensating you for seemingly wasting your time hiring me.

*Then as a follow up sentence...*

But I'm quite confident of scoring an A sir.

smiley

*Did I hear someone say creative? OK, well, I modestly admit that's part of my attributes* wink
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 12, 2013
I am your missing link.
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by Kslib(m): 4:59pm On Jan 12, 2013
My sucide note is already in my pocket and as you can see,i have nothing to loose so give me this job or we will go together...
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by delors(m): 5:00pm On Jan 12, 2013
4reigningqueen: Yeah! I will go first

"I teach maths like its the easiest subject ever, the smile on my students faces after each classes proves it and the excitement that goes with it is my motivation."

Add yours and lets see what you ve got.
BRIGHTER GRAMMAR II
Bros, this is more than a sentence, technically. 'I teach maths like it's the easiest subject ever. The smile on my students' faces after each class proves it and the excitement that goes with it is my motivation.
You cannot use comma, colon or semi colon where the first full stop is because the two clauses contain almost totally different thoughts and should be clearly seperated. Plus, ya error too plenty for this kind 'one-sentence' post of urs...
- "It's", not "its"
- Students' not students
- Each class, not each classes
Bros, ya sure say na wetin u been tell your principal (abi na headmistress) be this wey make am give you this maths job? grin I bow to u ooo

1 Like

Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by PalmTree(m): 5:00pm On Jan 12, 2013
Find Out!:
*If its a good company with prospects & moderate pay at least*

Employ me for 2 months without pay, set up a team to monitor & evaluate my performance for that duration & if I don't score an 'A' at the end of the 2 months, I promise you my first salary at my next job as a way of compensating you for seemingly wasting your time hiring me.

*Then as a follow up sentence...*

But I'm quite confident of scoring an A sir.

smiley*Did I hear someone say creative? OK, well, I modestly admit that's part of my attributes* wink

In some cases, what you are suggesting might be succidal. Firstly, your employer might see that as a sign of arrogance or over confidence... and for 2 months? guy, you'll still be settling into the job! Secondly, what if the team is not being fair to you? hmmm, you'll lose your job before you know it embarassed

1 Like

Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by tolukatey(f): 5:00pm On Jan 12, 2013
I av all it entails to move Ur company to d highest level *shikena*
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 12, 2013
One sentence could be simple,compound or complex sentence.i think dr wuse uses complex sentence.it is still a setence.
payless:

I was thinking the same thing all through the posts. One sentence and people posting compound sentenses.

F9
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 12, 2013
faffing: very well d best convincing statement.

Bros, whenever I recite that verse in an interview and follow up by showing them all the recommendations, I move to the second round with ease.
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by DonaldGenes(m): 5:13pm On Jan 12, 2013
Dr. Wise:
" I have a history of achievements, in my previous job I earned several commendations from Executive Management for excellent performance and I am even poised to do much more in this organisation."
Pardon me to award you 56/100
Reason: not lucid enough to convince me
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 12, 2013
tolukatey: I av all it entails to move Ur company to d highest level *shikena*

This is somewhat vague.
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by ujchief(m): 5:17pm On Jan 12, 2013
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 12, 2013
Donalð Genes:
Pardon me to award you 56/100
Reason: not lucid enough to convince me

Bros,

They usually ask for the commendations after I say that, when I present the strongly worded commendation letters, they nod their heads in agreement and I sway the interview to my advantage. grin
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 12, 2013
You will regret not having me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Set To Employ 300,000 Graduates For 2nd Phase Of N-power Scheme / Discrimination Against Graduates From State Universities / N-Power Extended To 31 Of August 2016. Photo:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.