Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,453 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. (19329 Views)

5 Super Methods To Get Noticed By Any Employer You Wish To Work For / I Asked An Employer To Pay My TP Before Coming For Interview / Must Your Destiny Work For Someone Else? Click To Be An Employer Instead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by gomeek(f): 7:56pm On Jan 12, 2013
I care alot about this company's welfare.
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by DICKtator: 8:10pm On Jan 12, 2013
ogundokun: I am a goal-getter
i am a go-get-her!!!!!!!!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by DICKtator: 8:17pm On Jan 12, 2013
If you do not give me the job, i would give you an offer you would find so hard to refuse!!!!!!!!!!!!
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by OmoTier1(m): 8:21pm On Jan 12, 2013
DICKtator:
i am a go-get-her!!!!!!!!!!
grin grin grin grin
grin grin.... Sounds like your job is in red district
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by Wendyphil(f): 8:28pm On Jan 12, 2013
safarigirl: F9.

If you insert the words 'and', 'but' 'unless' and 'if', that makes two sentences. I believe the topic is 'In One Sentence'
What in devil's name hapened 2 complex n compound sentences?,am jst askin..
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by Westlord: 8:35pm On Jan 12, 2013
samnugba: There are so many idiots with so few bullets; I am be best sniper you could ever get.
Na security job?
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by Westlord: 8:40pm On Jan 12, 2013
Glorified_Tunde: You may fire me if you don't see a great difference in this organization in one month!
U just signed Ur death warrant if its a 9ja job
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by DonTim1: 8:41pm On Jan 12, 2013
I av great skills strapping high grade explosives, transporting U233 (weapons grade),was manager of d largest WMD factory, most of all, my trainees r well known for premature detonation during sucide missions.

Na joke oooo (wu b d mod here,no hide my comment o)
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 12, 2013
I'm simply an asset u can't afford to lose. Think about "Michu" of Swansea FC.
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 12, 2013
I’ve used my skills in a professional way to turn around a business by increasing its turnover by as much as 50%...
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by HIV1: 9:32pm On Jan 12, 2013
I will put in an unparalleled commitment thereby making me a well fed slave rather an hungry free man shocked
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by Jaggiey: 9:35pm On Jan 12, 2013
delors:
BRIGHTER GRAMMAR II
Bros, this is more than a sentence, technically. 'I teach maths like it's the easiest subject ever. The smile on my students' faces after each class proves it and the excitement that goes with it is my motivation.
You cannot use comma, colon or semi colon where the first full stop is because the two clauses contain almost totally different thoughts and should be clearly seperated. Plus, ya error too plenty for this kind 'one-sentence' post of urs...
- "It's", not "its"
- Students' not students
- Each class, not each classes
Bros, ya sure say na wetin u been tell your principal (abi na headmistress) be this wey make am give you this maths job? grin I bow to u ooo

The grammarian or tense structure analyst, I think I differ with you: The general definition of a sentence is: A sentence starts with a capital letter and ends with a full stop; It could be further taking apart as simple, compound or complex. So I suggest you just give your sentence without crucifying this man. He may have used more than one sentence;atleast, he said something. Besides, he teaches Mathematics and not English language. What I have learnt from the people who may think that by their funny intonation/diction they speak better or the queen's English is that they still ignorantly commit grammatical blunders. I thought you would have commended how he managed to still keep the verbal concord between " smile" and "proves" in his second sentence. He tried. No hard feeling or harm meant! cool

2 Likes

Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by Jaggiey: 9:49pm On Jan 12, 2013
It depends on what kind of job it is. For me, I assume I address a capitalist:

I will make you much richer because I think out of the box, try me! grin
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by Coldfaya(m): 10:23pm On Jan 12, 2013
U either sign my employement leta or ur blood ll spill on d leta ah swear. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by Hove: 10:52pm On Jan 12, 2013
I often think I'm abdnormal, 'cuz I can overcome any task. (289066a1).
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by hardbody: 10:53pm On Jan 12, 2013
I have done it severally and need an opportunity to show that I can do better.
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by HRHAgek(m): 11:02pm On Jan 12, 2013
kombats: the best u willl ever had
if am de CEO, I'll just say; Check d next office up down street dude
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by tomisinuno(m): 11:04pm On Jan 12, 2013
bizzle*:
I like bread and beans...thats two sentences huh prof,

You two ar crazy...is english ur mothrs tongue? If they tel u now 2 spk in ur dialet, u wouldn't do dt...two jerks...two of u sucks..."Iranu"
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by Johnsnow(m): 11:07pm On Jan 12, 2013
i aint perfect but i achieve my set goals
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by LarrySun(m): 11:18pm On Jan 12, 2013
There're some serious English teachers here, let me sit back and learn grin
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by realbomax: 11:19pm On Jan 12, 2013
I don dey find job so tey,abeg give me dis one.
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by skyhighweb(m): 11:35pm On Jan 12, 2013
employ me or i will gut u, seriously.
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by babestella: 12:00am On Jan 13, 2013
Sir, I'm not here to earn salary, but to pay salaries and allowances, to create and add value, to inspire and be inspired, and finally to own the company.
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by Originalsly: 12:22am On Jan 13, 2013
safarigirl: F9.

If you insert the words 'and', 'but' 'unless' and 'if', that makes two sentences. I believe the topic is 'In One Sentence'
Is that so?...then how many sentences is the following?..." BUT AND IF can be part of a sentence which does not end UNLESS you use a period or full stop."
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by delors(m): 4:03am On Jan 13, 2013
Jaggiey:

The grammarian or tense structure analyst, I think I differ with you: The general definition of a sentence is: A sentence starts with a capital letter and ends with a full stop; It could be further taking apart as simple, compound or complex. So I suggest you just give your sentence without crucifying this man. He may have used more than one sentence;atleast, he said something. Besides, he teaches Mathematics and not English language. What I have learnt from the people who may think that by their funny intonation/diction they speak better or the queen's English is that they still ignorantly commit grammatical blunders. I thought you would have commended how he managed to still keep the verbal concord between " smile" and "proves" in his second sentence. He tried. No hard feeling or harm meant! cool
No! The thing is, the sentence is cool but it would v made more sense to simply break it up because the two thoughts do no really flow along with each other. Besides, because you are a maths teacher doesnt mean u shudnt be able to converse in correct, simple English na... wink
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by comm: 4:23am On Jan 13, 2013
acidosis™:
**enters his office with 10 bundles of N1000 note**

Oga, how e go be now.... I need this job

**drops the bundles on his desk**
no wahala, application recieved but i get another job wey i need ya appli urgently for next week friday, abeg no fail!
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by zonax(m): 4:42am On Jan 13, 2013
juman: Just believe me, I intensely hate nigeria. grin
And inside your thin skull, Nigeria or Nigerians likes you?
Sharrap and joor. Okpo ngaji
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by zonax(m): 4:56am On Jan 13, 2013
Dr. Wise:

Bros,

They usually ask for the commendations after I say that, when I present the strongly worded commendation letters, they nod their heads in agreement and I sway the interview to my advantage. grin

So you don dey form James Bond for here abi?
If I may ask, do you always get fired and why can't you stick to just one job?
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by dammytosh: 6:10am On Jan 13, 2013
My Sentence
"I don't type and criticize with my brain on vacation the way most Nairalanders do."

The op said , in a sentence.

@All English teachers on board.
A sentence is a sentence as long as it is meaningful,Starts with Capital letter and ends with a period. It does not matter how many clauses or number of punctuation marks included.

I think WAEC is justified with your several F9s in English Language.

If you are sincere with yourselves, you will discover that you still don't understand the basics.
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by HIV1: 7:07am On Jan 13, 2013
@safari girl
Na too know they worry you. A sentence starts with a capital letter and ends with a fool stop.You can make a sentence longer by using a conjunction. I don't even know why we lay too much emphasis on English language as if being good in the language means you are a better graduate. I have seen a graduate of computer science that cannot even format and reload a system.Likewise many other disciplines. The problem of many people who have nothing to do other than criticizing people's write ups is inferiority complex. Those are the people that did not pass their WAEC until several time. A poly graduate once tried to correct me saying I did'nt did grin when I said I did do . I simply laugh because I know the type. angry
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by HIV1: 7:08am On Jan 13, 2013
@safari girl
Na too know they worry you. A sentence starts with a capital letter and ends with a fool stop.You can make a sentence longer by using a conjunction. I don't even know why we lay too much emphasis on English language as if being good in the language means you are a better graduate. I have seen a graduate of computer science that cannot even format and reload a system.Likewise many other disciplines. The problem of many people who have nothing to do other than criticizing people's write ups is inferiority complex. Those are the people that did not pass their WAEC until several time. A poly graduate once tried to correct me saying I did'nt did grin when I said I did'nt do . I simply laugh because I know the type. angry
Re: In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. by OmoTier1(m): 7:30am On Jan 13, 2013
Why do Nigerians argue over nothing 90% of the time? The leave the substance and focus on the chaff.

Instead on focusing on the subject why not on the objective? By this I mean; why not focus on the intent of the thread instead?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Discrimination Against Graduates From State Universities / N-Power Extended To 31 Of August 2016. Photo: / Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.