Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare (11003 Views)

'Until I Say Otherwise, There Will Be No Elections' – Tunde Bakare / Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare / Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by seanet01: 10:33am On Jan 14, 2013
wesley80:
Yes I do. I won't even mind some from the Quran.
Malachi 1:13
luke 19:1-10
read and digest those bible verses and get back to me ASAP.
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by petrov10: 10:41am On Jan 14, 2013
grin
wesley80:

Can you site any scriptures to back your claims?
are u a learner ? grin
wesley80:

Can you site any scriptures to back your claims?
are u a learner ?

1 Like

Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by ifykoleyahooc(m): 10:46am On Jan 14, 2013
Bakare spoke the truth though,but there is no doubt he spoke from an opposition party point of view.in the first place why would a so-called man of God meddle in politics?Christ while on earth said dat his government is not of this world.
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by wesley80(m): 10:46am On Jan 14, 2013
honeric01:

Samuel was a Judge
Moses was like a prime minister, are these not political offices?

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing inherently wrong in a Christian aspiring for political office. In any case, Samuel was a Prophet of God and Joseph was handpicked by Pharoah to oversee a project. He never aspired to be a PM and never questioned the Monarchy system in Egypt.
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by wesley80(m): 10:49am On Jan 14, 2013
petrov 10: grin are u a learner ? grin are u a learner ?
YES I am.
seanet01: Malachi 1:13
luke 19:1-10
read and digest those bible verses and get back to me ASAP.

Perhaps you should've supplied Quaranic verses.
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by honeric01(m): 10:56am On Jan 14, 2013
wesley80:

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing inherently wrong in a Christian aspiring for political office. In any case, Samuel was a Prophet of God and Joseph was handpicked by Pharoah to oversee a project. He never aspired to be a PM and never questioned the Monarchy system in Egypt.

Didn't even mention Joseph.

Was Bakare not also handpicked by Buhari to be his vice?
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by aktolly54(m): 10:57am On Jan 14, 2013
with all this criticism by our pastor tunde bakare,does that mean he's a saint?
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by nagoma(m): 11:02am On Jan 14, 2013
jmaine:
Brother Nagoma, Please kindly elucidate on the following points
1) The Corp members died due to a riot by Buhari supporters cos he lost at the polls, are you trying to say the PDP who lost resoundingly to Buhari at the presidential poll still took it by crook ( See below)
Taking it by crook simply means they cheated and won the polls there (Bauchi State).
CPC had a total of ==> 1,315,209
PDP had a total of ==> 258,404
2) Are you also insinuating that the FG decision to pay some form of compensation to the bereaved families is a direct indictment of the PDP regarding the Corp Members brutal murder ? . . .
Thank you. I have made several comments in the past related to this. I will refer you to one of them. It may answer your questions.I posted the comment at 10.13pm on 31st Dec. 2012. The thread was;
www.nairaland.com/1147138/nysc-members-killed-bauchi-pdp/2
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by thelastPope(m): 11:03am On Jan 14, 2013
wesley80:

Very well done, clap! clap!!
Now which of those confrontations had political undertones? Which of those Religious leaders had at anytime gotten themselves mirred in politics? Which of them "EVER" bothered about political leadership? All the examples you mentioned were moral. Even Christ in the days of ruthless Roman rule refused to get involved in politics. King Ahab was a ruthless political leader but Elijah only bothered about Baal and Jezebel's love for gods. John the Baptist only condemned Herod for taking his brothers wife and so on. Religion and Politics never mix, ask the early Catholics.
My point? Bakare has lost the capacity and goodwill of being Nigeria's moral voice. He cannot speak without his voice seemingly laced with political undertones, it doesn't matter how truthful he sounds.

I am disapppointed at your deliberate attempt to distort and twist information. Every of those examples the guy listed were political. What is the meaning of "they were moral". Has it gotten this bad that you have to really support evil. If you are a christian, check yourself because if you don't repent, you will go to hell. Your preacher or pastor cannot save you. Like I said before, I am not a fan of Bakare, but I fully concur to his statement on this issue.
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by wesley80(m): 11:07am On Jan 14, 2013
honeric01:

Didn't even mention Joseph.

Was Bakare not also handpicked by Buhari to be his vice?
That's the problem there. You mentioned Bakare without his title: Pastor! You cannot be both a political and Religious leader, that's the point I tried making earlier with the Catholic Church. The Bible expressly requires Christians to "Pray for her leaders" regardless of perception, nothing more.
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by Omen100(m): 11:09am On Jan 14, 2013
ochukoccna:

Christ called Herod a fox
Moses stood up to Pharaoh
Elijah took on Ahab for confisticating Naboth's vineyard&killing him.Infact Ahab called Elijah his enemy
Samuel rebuked Saul the king for doing a priest's duty i.e. sacrificing before the people
John the baptist was imprisoned for rebuking Herod who took his brother's wife
Jeremiah was imprisoned for rebuking Zedekiah for his evil conduct
Micaiah (the son of Imlah) who Ahab hated for not giving him favorable prophesies which condoned his evil ways like our elite too
Average bible students know all the above& where they at for that's why I put their names there in my initial post
Google can help you out if you are really interested&not just asking with mischief at the back of your mind

Apostle Pual caution Disciple Peter the head of the modern Church over his selective fellowship with the Galatians.
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by omenka(m): 11:21am On Jan 14, 2013
utumunta: It is also corruption ; when religious leaders refuse to say d truth , prevaricate or pander to interests favourable to them at d expense of d masses.
Pastor Bakare, u speak d truth most times, but, i am still waiting for u to condemn d killing of corpers in d north after u & Gen Buhari lost an election in 2011. Has d incident not been brought to ur notice or do u speak selective truth?
I don't know how old you are but u sound realy naiive politically. What makes you think Buhari or Bakere had any hand in the bloodshed. For all we know, it well might have been a spontaneous self motivated reaction, or planed by pdp to further dent the image of the general.
it is a technique that has been in use for as long as we can remember. Recall in 1933 Germany, Hitler and his party, in other to purge Germany of Jews and consolidate his powers, orchestrated the burning of the Reichstag and blamed it on the Jews... In a swift reaction to the arson, jewish neighborhoods were raided, some captured were sent to concentration camps while others were sumarily executed! When u want to hang a dog, give it a bad name...
And if you want to see where Buhari condemned the act, here it is... mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/buhari-rejects-political-violence-calls-it-dastardly-act
Others might exist but this is what I have.
Have a nice day.
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by WilyWily7: 11:22am On Jan 14, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Once again, BAKARE scores a Hat-trick!!!

Good one!!

You truly deserve your place in the HALL OF FAME...
Fake Prophet Kekere Bakare is one of those fake Yoruba prophet, nothing good have ever come out of him.
He wanted to deceive Nigeria with his "i am man of God" rhetoric.
Yorubas like to disturb Nigerians with their yeye protest, if this Yeye Yoruba Failed Prophet (Kekere Bakere) organize and disturb our peace with his Yoruba and dirty stinking Hausa/Fulani thugs again, Jonathan should send him to Calabar prison, Kekere should remember that in Calabar prison Awolowo suffered many times from diarrhea.
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by honeric01(m): 11:23am On Jan 14, 2013
wesley80:
That's the problem there. You mentioned Bakare without his title: Pastor! You cannot be both a political and Religious leader, that's the point I tried making earlier with the Catholic Church. The Bible expressly requires Christians to "Pray for her leaders" regardless of perception, nothing more.

LOL pray for your leader that's about to lead you into your doom? BTW, where did the bible say we should pray for a destructive leader?

Oh, because i didn't put "pastor" before his name, it's now an issue? what were the priest of old called while they served as politicians?

You are just running in circle.
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by Walexz02(m): 11:24am On Jan 14, 2013
utumunta: It is also corruption ; when religious leaders refuse to say d truth , prevaricate or pander to interests favourable to them at d expense of d masses.
Pastor Bakare, u speak d truth most times, but, i am still waiting for u to condemn d killing of corpers in d north after u & Gen Buhari lost an election in 2011. Has d incident not been brought to ur notice or do u speak selective truth?
why are you soo damp,dull,stup¡d and ful¡sh? Dont let me abuse you oo! How many times has it been proven that Buhari and CPC has nothing to do with the violents in the North...please get a life and stop foolingg around like a poo!
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by honeric01(m): 11:25am On Jan 14, 2013
omenka:
I don't know how old you are but u sound realy naiive politically. What makes you think Buhari or Bakere had any hand in the bloodshed. For all we know, it well might have been a spontaneous self motivated reaction, or planed by pdp to further dent the image of the general.
it is a technique that has been in use for as long as we can remember. Recall in 1933 Germany, Hitler and his party, in other to purge Germany of Jews and consolidate his powers, orchestrated the burning of the Reichstag and blamed it on the Jews... In a swift reaction to the arson, jewish neighborhoods were raided, some captured were sent to concentration camps while others were sumarily executed! When u want to hang a dog, give it a bad name...
And if you want to see where Buhari condemned the act, here it is... mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/buhari-rejects-political-violence-calls-it-dastardly-act
Others might exist but this is what I have.
Have a nice day.

Thank you jare, most Nigerians need mental help. sad
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by taharqa: 11:26am On Jan 14, 2013
nagoma:

You are really shallow and programmed. Buhari had nothing to do with those murders. PDP wanted the state by hook or by crook . They did take it by the crook and those murders were part of the sacrifices PDP made. And Jonathan paid blood money to relatives. Where were you?
Oh! So its PDP dat killd those corpers now? It was PDP supporters that were rioting afta d declaration of the presidential results, right? PDP wud be rioting just afta winning d Presidential election, rioting ova dat same presidential election they just won, abi? It was PDP supporters that rioted and killd those corpers and odas, thats why CPC officially went to bail hundreds of these rioters, ehmm? I see.... I hv never said dis b4, and not to sound sectional or anything BUT it is d most astonishing to see d ease with which many of u Northern Muslims LIE- just like that; almost as though it is a DUTY! Tariyya perhaps?....*smh*
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by Kassidy4luv(m): 11:28am On Jan 14, 2013
only GOD kws those serving him in spirit and in truth...........political pastors!!!!
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by Wadeoye(m): 11:30am On Jan 14, 2013
thelastPope:

I don't want to derail the thread but please don't try to distort the facts. The killers kept shouting sai Buhari! You can't change that fact. But that is not the topic of this thread so let's not derail the thread.

Am not a Bakare fan but I completely concur that the preachers are encouraging and in fact, promoting corruption. It is just sad.

Hear yourself. Because they were shouting sai buhari, the easiest conclusion your watery brain can reach is that Buhari must have sent them?

Buhari is based in Katsina and there was no case of corper or southerners being killed. And not even in Kaduna, a neighboring state to katsina where Buhari leaves. What interest then was Buhari protecting in Bauchi, a far away state, that will make him order the killing of corpers in Bauchi and didnt give the same order in the state where he resided?

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by Walexz02(m): 11:31am On Jan 14, 2013
ifykole@yahoo.c:
Bakare spoke the truth though,but there is no doubt he spoke from an opposition party point of view.in the first place why would a so-called man of God meddle in politics?Christ while on earth said dat his government is not of this world.
are you a learner? What is the usefulness of a man of God that cannot change the life of his people for better? If politics is the way he thinks he can use to help his people then fine! So far he is doing it with good heart. Afterall that is better than other men of God who are milking there members to death.(a.k.a private jetters.)cheesy
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by ochukoccna: 11:34am On Jan 14, 2013
wesley80:

Very well done, clap! clap!!
 Now which of those confrontations had political undertones? Which of those Religious leaders had at anytime gotten themselves mirred in politics? Which of them "EVER" bothered about political leadership? All the examples you mentioned were moral. Even Christ in the days of ruthless Roman rule refused to get involved in politics. King Ahab was a ruthless political leader but Elijah only bothered about Baal and Jezebel's love for gods. John the Baptist only condemned Herod for taking his brothers wife and so on. Religion and Politics never mix, ask the early Catholics.
 My point? Bakare has lost the capacity and goodwill of being Nigeria's moral voice. He cannot speak without his voice seemingly laced with political undertones, it doesn't matter how truthful he sounds.

Stop been clever by half
I recall ending my previous post with alluding to your true intentions
Knowing your antecedent as a pro FG goon does not surprise one to see the way you have played your cards
If you are speaking about morality, is that not what he first spoke about, when he said the church is aiding and abetting corruption?
Comparing 'those' times politically to 'this' times is a little way off it
Those days monarchies reigned, today democracy rules;different systems of governance
You willingly forget Israel was a Theocracy in bible times and that Christ's destiny far supersedes the political realities of his day unlike a Joseph or a Daniel who were to influence the governments of their days in the palace court whilst a Samuel or Moses were more or less spiritual guides to establish& stabilize Israel
If you don't get that,then fresh primary school enrolment awaits you
Personally,I did not support PTB's entry into politics for whatever he said after would be used to blackmail& discredit him even if he spoke truth as evidenced by 2012's fuel subsidy protests when he and others were called 'failed politicians' & accused of seeking to overthrow the FG
And talking about Catholics,does the pope not influence Italian poliyics even if subtly?
Does he not speak on political issues?
Locally,even heard of a Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie even if he isn't involved in politics actively
Yet I'd rather yield to a 'failed politician' like PTB than 'true men of 'god' who bless the congregation by day and dine with Nigeria’s political witches and the devil by night

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by honeric01(m): 11:41am On Jan 14, 2013
taharqa: Oh! So its PDP dat killd those corpers now? It was PDP supporters that were rioting afta d declaration of the presidential results, right? PDP wud be rioting just afta winning d Presidential election, rioting ova dat same presidential election they just won, abi? It was PDP supporters that rioted and killd those corpers and odas, thats why CPC officially went to bail hundreds of these rioters, ehmm? I see.... I hv never said dis b4, and not to sound sectional or anything BUT it is d most astonishing to see d ease with which many of u Northern Muslims LIE- just like that; almost as though it is a DUTY! Tariyya perhaps?....*smh*

Yes, PDP which controls the federal government and all security bodies out there is RESPONSIBLE for the death of everyone who died during the election.

NOTHING MORE, NOTHING ELSE.
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by Walexz02(m): 11:45am On Jan 14, 2013
taharqa: Oh! So its PDP dat killd those corpers now? It was PDP supporters that were rioting afta d declaration of the presidential results, right? PDP wud be rioting just afta winning d Presidential election, rioting ova dat same presidential election they just won, abi? It was PDP supporters that rioted and killd those corpers and odas, thats why CPC officially went to bail hundreds of these rioters, ehmm? I see.... I hv never said dis b4, and not to sound sectional or anything BUT it is d most astonishing to see d ease with which many of u Northern Muslims LIE- just like that; almost as though it is a DUTY! Tariyya perhaps?....*smh*
chai! I thought you are the type Nigerians with brain theire skull,but I am surprised it is other way round, you and other biggots like you have been attaching those violent to CpC and Buhari without any prove, whereas PDp itself does deny that it is there handiwork. Abi you dont know that Buhari condemed that violent? If u want to knw chech the posts in this thread,some1 have supplied the link already.
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by wesley80(m): 12:21pm On Jan 14, 2013
ochukoccna:

Stop been clever by half
I recall ending my previous post with alluding to your true intentions
Knowing your antecedent as a pro FG goon does not surprise one to see the way you have played your cards
If you are speaking about morality, is that not what he first spoke about, when he said the church is aiding and abetting corruption?
Comparing 'those' times politically to 'this' times is a little way off it
Those days monarchies reigned, today democracy rules;different systems of governance
You willingly forget Israel was a Theocracy in bible times and that Christ's destiny far supersedes the political realities of his day unlike a Joseph or a Daniel who were to influence the governments of their days in the palace court whilst a Samuel or Moses were more or less spiritual guides to establish& stabilize Israel
If you don't get that,then fresh primary school enrolment awaits you
Personally,I did not support PTB's entry into politics for whatever he said after would be used to blackmail& discredit him even if he spoke truth as evidenced by 2012's fuel subsidy protests when he and others were called 'failed politicians' & accused of seeking to overthrow the FG
And talking about Catholics,does the pope not influence Italian poliyics even if subtly?
Does he not speak on political issues?
Locally,even heard of a Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie even if he isn't involved in politics actively
Yet I'd rather yield to a 'failed politician' like PTB than 'true men of 'god' who bless the congregation by day and dine with Nigeria’s political witches and the devil by night

I wish you'd leave out my political leanings and have a frank discussion. I've been consistent in my criticisms of Bakare the politician not just on political grounds but on both moral and religious ones too so it would be most unfair to dismiss my arguments on the grounds of political leanings.
I'm glad you're a Xtian so lets view this from the religious angle. There's a reason churches and Pastors do not indulge in political criticisms; the Church has learnt its lessons. The proliferation of Churches was as a result of a lot of things chief of which was the churchs involvement with politics unfortunately, it doesn't seem Bakare is a good student of history. Fact is, beyond offering prayers and Spiritual guidance, the Church looses respect when mixed with politics. Bakare and Chris Okotie crossed that line a long time ago and Bakare has been relentless in his pursuit. The church of Christ is a congregation of people with independent minds given to you (Pastor) to Shepherd, just because you seem to speak the mind of most does not mean you speak for all. Now what if I belonged to PTB's church and he came up with the kind of sermon he preached yesterday laden with political hate? What if I left and lost my Faith? Remember the good book says there's much rejoicing in heaven at the salvation of a single soul, what if I lost mine because of PTB's sermon simply because he failed to draw a line between Politics and Religion? What should be PTB's primary responsibility, eradicating corruption or saving souls - sentiments aside pls. Christ said "feed my flock" with what? spirit of dissent? Do you really understand how important the office of a Pastor is? IMO its more important than that of the US president so how do you reconcile leaving Pastoral work for politics and turning the pulpit to avenue for political jibes? I don't get it.

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 14, 2013
ochukoccna:

If it takes the likes of PTB (5th columnist gOMs) to inject sanity into Christendom in Nigeria, much like Moses who turned against the house of Pharaoh in Egypt, then so be it!
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by Wadeoye(m): 12:34pm On Jan 14, 2013
wesley80:
I wish you'd leave out my political leanings and have a frank discussion. I've been consistent in my criticisms of Bakare the politician not just on political grounds but on both moral and religious ones too so it would be most unfair to dismiss my arguments on the grounds of political leanings.
I'm glad you're a Xtian so lets view this from the religious angle. There's a reason churches and Pastors do not indulge in political criticisms; the Church has learnt its lessons. The proliferation of Churches was as a result of a lot of things chief of which was the churchs involvement with politics unfortunately, it doesn't seem Bakare is a good student of history. Fact is, beyond offering prayers and Spiritual guidance, the Church looses respect when mixed with politics. Bakare and Chris Okotie crossed that line a long time ago and Bakare has been relentless in his pursuit. The church of Christ is a congregation of people with independent minds given to you (Pastor) to Shepherd, just because you seem to speak the mind of most does not mean you speak for all. Now what if I belonged to PTB's church and he came up with the kind of sermon he preached yesterday laden with political hate? What if I left and lost my Faith? Remember the good book says there's much rejoicing in heaven at the salvation of a single soul, what if I lost mine because of PTB's sermon simply because he failed to draw a line between Politics and Religion? What should be PTB's primary responsibility, eradicating corruption or saving souls - sentiments aside pls. Christ said "feed my flock" with what? spirit of dissent? Do you really understand how important the office of a Pastor is? IMO its more important than that of the US president so how do you reconcile leaving Pastoral work for politics and turning the pulpit to avenue for political jibes? I don't get it.

We cant separate your political leaning from your person and your arguments - your political leaning should explain everything about your person.

If you are sincere to yourself, you will agree that your critism of Bakare is born out of his not aligning with your political view and opposing your party candidate. If Bakare would allow GEJ to come to his church for empty prayers like the others do, you wouldnt see anything wrong with Bakare. When the same Bakare was fighting to get GEJ installed as acting president, people like you were quoting bible verses to support his action.

You see, you are a patheticly unpatroitic Nigerian - this country doesnt deserve the likes of you.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by wesley80(m): 12:54pm On Jan 14, 2013
Wadeoye:

We cant separate your political leaning from your person and your arguments - your political leaning should explain everything about your person.

If you are sincere to yourself, you will agree that your critism of Bakare is born out of his not aligning with your political view and opposing your party candidate. If Bakare would allow GEJ to come to his church for empty prayers like the others do, you wouldnt see anything wrong with Bakare. When the same Bakare was fighting to get GEJ installed as acting president, people like you were quoting bible verses to support his action.

You see, you are a patheticly unpatroitic Nigerian - this country doesnt deserve the likes of you.

Bakare does not have to love GEJ to be in my good books, I believe he crossed a line when he jumped from the pulpit into politics just like Chris Okotie, his alignment with Buhari a man he once prophesied would never rule this country only gave him up as a prevaricator unworthy of serious attention.
You may not know this but in the days Yaradua was sick and his real status unknown, Prayers were continuously offered in churches - at least in the entire branches of mine -for his well being and the nations. It didn't matter that he was a muslim leading the nation to a lurch but the Church had to do what it had to. The noisemakers were everywhere but the duty of the church had to be done by those in the church and more so by its Pastors on their knees not on the pages of newspapers, it is a DUTY. I know where to go to for political analysis and its not called a church so in what esteem do you expect me to hold someone that ant tell the difference bw Religion and politics?
As for your jibes and insults, I'll let it slide.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by seanet01: 12:57pm On Jan 14, 2013
wesley80:
YES I am.

Perhaps you should've supplied Quaranic verses.
O serious
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by Wadeoye(m): 1:05pm On Jan 14, 2013
wesley80:

Bakare does not have to love GEJ to be in my good books, I believe he crossed a line when he jumped from the pulpit into politics just like Chris Okotie, his alignment with Buhari a man he once prophesied would never rule this country only gave him up as a prevaricator unworthy of serious attention.
You may not know this but in the days Yaradua was sick and his real status unknown, Prayers were continuously offered in churches - at least in the entire branches of mine -for his well being and the nations. It didn't matter that he was a muslim leading the nation to a lurch but the Church had to do what it had to. The noisemakers were everywhere but the duty of the church had to be done by those in the church and more so by its Pastors on their knees not on the pages of newspapers, it is a DUTY. I know where to go to for political analysis and its not called a church so in what esteem do you expect me to hold someone that ant tell the difference bw Religion and politics?
As for your jibes and insults, I'll let it slide.

Dont talk to me about prayers here - focus on practical solutions to our problems and what each of us as Nigerians (pastors, imams, traditional worshippers, athiest, etc) are doing to move the country forward. You should know by now that prayers dont work and wont work even if you lock yourself in for decades to come - you will only succeed in starving yourself to death.

Martin Luter King didnt sit idle in the church praying when the white Americans where turmenting them. Desmond Tutu is SA didnt lock himself up in the church praying - he took practical steps by getting involved in politics and confronting the oppressors. So, dont come here to talk about someone jumping from pulpit into politics. If it is required like in our case now, what should stop any Nigerian from taking part in correcting the evil in the land?

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by banki(m): 1:16pm On Jan 14, 2013
people critisisng tunde bakare wonder where they were when he stood up for gej to be made president...... we are so quick to forget the role people like Tunde bakare and El rufai played in making goodluck the president of nigeria in 2010

yes they lead the protests they gathered people and made the necersay noise in the right places, where whee th people currently sitting around goodluck
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by jmaine: 1:18pm On Jan 14, 2013
honeric01:

PDP only needed 25% from Bauchi, winning Bauchi or any northern state (core) would have been impossible for PDP to explain even to blind men.

They conspired with INEC in registering under-aged voters, used these voters to vote PDP while using few hundreds/thousands to vote for CPC as a bait/blackmail. (they took pictures and video to support this blackmail) a calculated deceit by the ruling party since they know most Nigerians are swallow thinkers.

Brother it's not rocket science . . . under age voting was a scourge in the North during the polls, and it's common sense that majority of the votes polled for the CPC were from those same under age voters ( Over a million votes)

Twisting facts to smear the PDP alone won't work

The Golden words of Aikfavor Ukeoma before his brutal murder indicts the murderous CPC and Buhari Supporters

Those Core Memmbers were murdered by Fools and Monsters sympathetic to the Buhari cause . .No amount of deflection will ever change that . . .
Re: Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare by jmaine: 1:23pm On Jan 14, 2013
nagoma:
Thank you. I have made several comments in the past related to this. I will refer you to one of them. It may answer your questions.I posted the comment at 10.13pm on 31st Dec. 2012. The thread was;
www.nairaland.com/1147138/nysc-members-killed-bauchi-pdp/2

I read it but it failed to do justice to my questions with respect to the language you used on this thread . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan Signs 2013 Budget Into Law / Amaechi Says Rivers Governorship To Rotate Among Ethnic Group / Ita Enang Reveals Oil Blocks Owned By Northerners (2013 news)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.