Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? (18521 Views)

Igbo People Translate This For Me And God Will Bless You / Lucky Cow 'Bless' Pregnant Women With Baby Boys / Guys Can You Propose To A Lady Afer 3months Of Dating/ladies Can You Say Yes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by ykkool: 8:34pm On Jan 15, 2013
Bless you
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by sunnyt1(m): 8:35pm On Jan 15, 2013
I dont say anything normally except its getting too much
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by KINGwax(m): 8:40pm On Jan 15, 2013
Give me one more

1 Like

Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by JOYCEOUS(f): 8:45pm On Jan 15, 2013
wel it depnds..... If d pesn no baf me wit saliva
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by Tonionyeka(m): 8:48pm On Jan 15, 2013
Ndu gi. in Igbo(live)
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by ashson: 9:30pm On Jan 15, 2013
in Islam (Sunnah), if som1 sneezes, d person wil say ALHAMDULILLAH, meaning Glory be to Allah. d person around wil say reply by saying YARHAMAKALLAH, meaning may Allah b Pleased with you. he/she wil then finally reply by saying YAHADIIKUMULLAHU WA YANSIR IBADIKUM, meaning may Allah guide you and accept your deeds.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by ashson: 9:32pm On Jan 15, 2013
in Islam (Sunnah), if som1 sneezes, d person wil say ALHAMDULILLAH, meaning Glory be to Allah. d person around will reply by saying YARHAMAKALLAH, meaning may Allah b Pleased with you. he/she wil then finally reply by saying YAHADIIKUMULLAHU WA YANSIR IBADIKUM, meaning may Allah guide you and accept your deeds.
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by Owodiong(m): 10:18pm On Jan 15, 2013
golamike: I think "take care" is ok.

Take care?
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by zikclassiq(m): 10:25pm On Jan 15, 2013
I raise my nose n snout..hmhphph!
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 15, 2013
Okija_juju:

This above coupled with "Excuse You!" wink
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by godman01(m): 11:13pm On Jan 15, 2013
My response this days is "Thank You".
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by stupor(m): 11:17pm On Jan 15, 2013
Bless you absolutely correct
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by razznaija(f): 1:55am On Jan 16, 2013
Okija_juju:
How old are you self? i'm guessing that you're not older than 20 with all these gifs that you have been getting from mosope's blog or am i wrong?
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by teniyi(m): 1:57am On Jan 16, 2013
As a muslim, Islam taught us to say Alhamdulilah, meaning praise be to Allah. Beautiful.
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by Nobody: 4:17am On Jan 16, 2013
razznaija:
How old are you self? i'm guessing that you're not older than 20 with all these gifs that you have been getting from mosope's blog or am i wrong?

If you're quick to criticize without holding your animosity because you wasn't the one that post, you must at least be smart enough to know that the GIF probably came from "iamforevernigeria.com". It's inscribe on it.
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by Yvete(f): 4:48am On Jan 16, 2013
golamike: I always wonder if "bless you" are the right words to say to an individual who sneezes around you. I don't know if it's a Nigerian thing or it's universal. Most of the time, i just keep quiet rather than say "bless you" because i'm not comfortable using those words. I don't know if i'm the only one who thinks those words are not really suitable for that situation. Please, does anyone think like me?? Which word(s) do you consider more appropriate??

I say 'Bless you' as well, 'Salud' to Hispanics. Why would anyone keep quiet when a person sneezes around them? That's not nice.
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by superssalt: 5:42am On Jan 16, 2013
"Take care" is d appropriate word to say.
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by talk2me006(m): 6:08am On Jan 16, 2013
soledayo:
All these because someone sneezed. May God have mercy. If the person then defecate beside u. wetin go happen.
What u fail to understand is this:
in a normal person not suffering from body reflect action failure, sneezing has to come if any foreign body are found in your mucosal lining of your nasal cavity or any airway lining within ur skull.
if these foreign body are not eliminated,it may serve as the source of germination or spreading to the host tissue ,though ur immunity has to play here.
examples are air borne diseases like PTB etc.
now ,tell me dude! will u not thank GOD if these foreign body are removed from ur body.
or try to lock uself in a dusty room and pray for sneezing to not come to see d importance of sneezing.
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by chinnyonwu(m): 6:36am On Jan 16, 2013
raynold17 :
thunder fire you
Loooooool
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by Ramtzy: 6:58am On Jan 16, 2013
pato station:
I can't see how releazing influenza, flu, possibly SARS and other dangerous viruses into the air can be mercy or blessing of any god. If you find yourself nearby, just cover your nose and mouth with a clean handkerchief; and the sneezer should learn to use hanky too. Elementary health science.

All this just because you've not seen the scientific proof that has confirm the 'real mercy' it serves to the health.....
weather you like or not, sneezing is good for the health; thus Mercy from Allah cos He alone initiate the act.
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by StarFlux: 7:05am On Jan 16, 2013
In Norway we use "prosit" which is some sort of latin word for wishing good health.
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by Ramtzy: 7:08am On Jan 16, 2013
dr.laykay:
People say bless u after sneezing cos the heart stops for millisecond during sneezing.
On the contrary......
By Dr. Micheal Roizen
Holding in a sneeze is like holding down the top of a jack-in-the-box. Why not just let it out? The air expelled by sneezes is said to travel up to 100 miles per hour; holding in a sneeze could cause fractures in the nasal cartilage, nosebleeds, burst eardrums, hearing loss, vertigo or detached retinas. Therefore it is best to let your sneeze fly (yet shielded by a hankie, preferably).

Plus, your body is trying to clear out your pharynx-and that's a good thing. To help the sneeze come out, look at a bright light. This stimulates the optic nerve, which crosses wires with the sneeze center. The added irritation of an adjacent nerve will get the sneeze going.

http://www.sharecare.com/question/is-holding-a-sneeze-dangerous
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by Galaxydon1(m): 7:24am On Jan 16, 2013
Obara jesus or back to sender.
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by razznaija(f): 7:27am On Jan 16, 2013
Bless you, what else is there?
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by ektbear: 7:46am On Jan 16, 2013
raynold17 :
thunder fire you

lmao
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by ektbear: 7:47am On Jan 16, 2013
2n2k:
All these for sneezing that last less than a second?

i wonder ooo
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by razznaija(f): 8:08am On Jan 16, 2013
donedy:

If you're quick to criticize without holding your animosity because you wasn't the one that post, you must at least be smart enough to know that the GIF probably came from "iamforevernigeria.com". It's inscribe on it.

Duh!! like i didn't know that before. That was why i said Mosope because that's the name of the owner of the Tumblr page and she's like.... 16 yrs old that was why asked him how old he is.
And why should i be mad because i didn't post it first? some of you people on NL like to talk rubbish for no reason.
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by mca795: 8:10am On Jan 16, 2013
sorry. Sometimes sorry dear
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by Najyin(m): 8:43am On Jan 16, 2013
2n2k:

All these for sneezing that last less than a second?
Those are prayers my friend, not curses ok.
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by chocopearl(f): 8:46am On Jan 16, 2013
I'll say u jst rendered a thousand and one microorganisms homeless......u harsh ooo!!!
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:12am On Jan 16, 2013
razznaija:

You are right.. I get my gifs from the internet.. SO!!!?!.

And what has my age got to do with anything?! Okay, so you are 40, I am 15 and then what?! So people older than 20 dont post gifs or what?! What exactly are you saying?!

Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? by misskaypo(f): 9:24am On Jan 16, 2013
bless you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pls I Need A Nice Yoruba Name 4 Baby Boy! / Must You See A Pastor Before Choosing A Life Partner? / What's That Thing You Hate To Purchase But You Need It Everyday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.