Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? (7557 Views)

Is It Wise To Go For A Bank Loan To Marry? / Is It Wise To Marry A Female Lawyer? / Is It Wise To Marry Your First Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by Remzolution: 4:30pm On Jan 14, 2013
I am a Corper serving my beloved country in Benue State. On moving into the lodge I discovered that there was no Etisalat and Mtn coverages in that area and I happened to be their subscriber.

So after a month or so, I acquired a new glo line being the only coverage here, and decided on calling everyone on my contact to inform them. To my surprise, my ex called me back late @ night and asked why I gave her my new line.

It was quite funny cause she started going all romantic and claiming that if I didn't still care about her that I wouldn't have called.

Honestly, my calling her was spontaneous and bordered at maturity and good reasoning...but now in my view, I think it could be quite tempting staying in contact with your ex! Let's have your view...!
Re: Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by jhydebaba(m): 4:38pm On Jan 14, 2013
Well you still love her backyard but u're busy disturbing urself that u don't care.

What will I be doing with my ex's contact on the phone when I have it stored in my brain cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by djeezy(m): 5:03pm On Jan 14, 2013
Sometimes some break ups leads to friendship again which requires you to still retain your ex's number. I still have my ex's number because I feel totally okay with it. If it is unwise, I would have deleted it long time ago. Don't know about you.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:28pm On Jan 14, 2013
U might have broken up but still be friends. U may not be compatible as a lover but as a friend.
There was a time I had phone numbers of 3 diff ex gfriends.
Re: Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 14, 2013
For what purpose now? why can't you move on and stop creating problems for yourself. the best is yet to come , move on!!!

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by Remzolution: 5:46pm On Jan 14, 2013
jhydebaba: Well you still love her backyard but u're busy disturbing urself that u don't care.

What will I be doing with my ex's contact on the phone when I have it stored in my brain cheesy
hahahaha! Love her back? May be dat's y it is tempting 2hav ur ex's contact. On havng d number bolded in ur head, hmm, wat abt d case she changes her line?
Re: Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by polyyee(m): 5:48pm On Jan 14, 2013
y not pls doooo.ABEG HELP ME OO I WOULD I WRITE MY OWN TOPIC
Re: Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by Remzolution: 5:49pm On Jan 14, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: U might have broken up but still be friends. U may not be compatible as a lover but as a friend.
There was a time I had phone numbers of 3 diff ex gfriends.
I agree wit u, and it's on such grounds dat I called her...bt d problem is wen ur ex fails 2c it d way u do.
Re: Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by jhydebaba(m): 6:04pm On Jan 14, 2013
polyyee: y not pls doooo.ABEG HELP ME OO I WOULD I WRITE MY OWN TOPIC
From the nairaland frontpage, click on any section that matches ur proposed topic e.g "romance". Once the page loads, scroll down a bit and look for "create new topic". Click on it and enjoy urself.
Re: Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:40pm On Jan 14, 2013
Remzolution: I agree wit u, and it's on such grounds dat I called her...bt d problem is wen ur ex fails 2c it d way u do.
how? 4 us 2 become ex mean dat we r not going 2 date again, else she ll suffer a shocking heartbreak.
Re: Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by Remzolution: 6:51pm On Jan 14, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: how? 4 us 2 become ex mean dat we r not going 2 date again, else she ll suffer a shocking heartbreak.
women r strange remembr? Dey dnt reason d way we do, dey r susceptible 2wat dey feel...and dat's 1 fing u av 2b cautious wif!
Re: Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:20pm On Jan 14, 2013
Remzolution: women r strange remembr? Dey dnt reason d way we do, dey r susceptible 2wat dey feel...and dat's 1 fing u av 2b cautious wif!
u r rite
Re: Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by Mercyu1(f): 12:45am On Jan 15, 2013
It doesnt matter if its ok with ur current partner but if otherwise,delete d number 2 avoid being suspicious.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by chikeorji123(m): 1:13am On Jan 15, 2013
Op
once she become aids sorry l mean "Ex" l always delete the number as l see it 'no-need' any more but the funny thing is l discovered all my exs have my number..b/c sometime they just send a text greeting msg..
Re: Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by Nobody: 2:19am On Jan 15, 2013
As for me, I do not see any reason keeping an ex's contact or staying as friends with her - she has come and gone, only to live in memory and to be referenced when only necessary.

To those who think it is OK to be friends with ex - why get into a relationship in the first place when you both could have been better off as just friends? Talking about putting the cart before the horse.

Pssssst!

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by Remzolution: 9:05am On Jan 15, 2013
9jacrip: As for me, I do not see any reason keeping an ex's contact or staying as friends with her - she has come and gone, only to live in memory and to be referenced when only necessary.

To those who think it is OK to be friends with ex - why get into a relationship in the first place when you both could have been better off as just friends? Talking about putting the cart before the horse.

Pssssst!
word!

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by Remzolution: 9:09am On Jan 15, 2013
chikeorji123: Op
once she become aids sorry l mean "Ex" l always delete the number as l see it 'no-need' any more but the funny thing is l discovered all my exs have my number..b/c sometime they just send a text greeting msg..
So wat do u do wen they send u d greetng messages?
Re: Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by Beaf1: 3:25pm On Jan 15, 2013
If your ex's number is ONLY stored on your phone then she was NEVER your lover :p

I have 5 ex's and their numbers are still fresh in my brain!

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by chinnyonwu(m): 3:30pm On Jan 15, 2013
chikeorji123: Op
If u don't have their numbers how do u know they r the ones sending the texts?
Re: Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by Petraman(m): 3:32pm On Jan 15, 2013
djeezy: Sometimes some break ups leads to friendship again which requires you to still retain your ex's number. I still have my ex's number because I feel totally okay with it. If it is unwise, I would have deleted it long time ago. Don't know about you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by Petraman(m): 3:36pm On Jan 15, 2013
djeezy: Sometimes some break ups leads to friendship again which requires you to still retain your ex's number. I still have my ex's number because I feel totally okay with it. If it is unwise, I would have deleted it long time ago. Don't know about you.
If ur relationship with dat ur Ex was ended peacefully, I think u can still have his/her number.
Re: Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by ffo(m): 3:40pm On Jan 15, 2013
to have your topic on home page (esp in Romance section)- the keyword is
"EX".

nawa 4 dis NL Moderators o.

mtchewwww!!
Re: Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 15, 2013
I have all my Ex's numbers.Comes handy when you feel like re-scanning the files.
Re: Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by Kk4(m): 3:41pm On Jan 15, 2013
Ofcos, so that u don't pick that call. Jooooor ooo

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by drmat: 3:44pm On Jan 15, 2013
depends
Re: Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 15, 2013
Sure she has my Contact and i have Her's - We're Still Pals On Twitter and FB, this is Just to keep Showing her how Happy i am without Her wink
Re: Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by Ikoniko(f): 3:59pm On Jan 15, 2013
Never again, It almost ruin my marriage. I no fit shout

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by didicold(f): 4:38pm On Jan 15, 2013
Depends on how we parted, if d break up was acrimonious,na with muscle i dey delete d number.
But even when i do av it, itz a matter of discipline to me, "dont call, dont text" datz my mantra.
I broke up with my last bf nd it was bitter allround, funny enof, during our relationship, he kept telling me how his "numerous" Exes called him to check on me, but when we broke up, i wiped im off my phones, suprisingly, i kept getting check up calls and whatsapp messages from him, always gave me a thrill to say"to whom am i speaking plz".hehehehe*evil grin*
anyway whats past is past, so says I

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by ecosanders: 4:39pm On Jan 15, 2013
To me, it depend on hw it ends, if its against ma wish, n i felt heartbroken, i wouldnt want 2 hav anythng 2 do wit her again, bt right nw i stil hav som of my Ex's numbers, Dayo stil cal me constantly, Toke Once in a whle, Vivian dnt cal, bt hav ma number, Dupe cal wen sh need ma help, Ada chnge her line, and wil hide d new one 2 wish me hapi bday, d oda Dayo askd me 2 delete her number,bt i surprised her by deleting it, plus her 2go, twitter,n fcbk contact.
Re: Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by didicold(f): 4:41pm On Jan 15, 2013
Sorry........*to check up on him*
c

correction for d text above....mea culpa
Re: Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? by ecosanders: 4:43pm On Jan 15, 2013

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please My Boyfriend Is Threatening To Post My Nude Picture (urgent) / Ladies, Would You Date A Minute Man? / Which Lagos Church Has A High Number Of Single Ladies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.