Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,212 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife (30074 Views)

Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. / HELP!!! My Elder Sister Asking Of Sex From Me And Seducing Me / I Mistakenly Impregnated My Elder Sister—man, 25, Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by wlex8(m): 3:19pm On Jan 15, 2013
I need you guys to comment on this, how right is it for one to beat up his elder sister for his wife?

This is a true life story

His family would love to have him and his wife separated if possible and this has been going on for a while, they believe she is not a good wife.

Recently, his wife and his elder sister had exchange of words somewhere, later the same day, the sister came to their house with intention to fight with the wife over the nasty things she said about her

The wife kept the house door locked so she could not gain entrance into the house to avoid further confrontation, she later alerted her husband on the phone that his sister has come to kill her

When the husband eventually came and met his sister outside, he tried to settle their quarrel all to no avail, he also insisted the sister must not enter the house

This resulted in a fight, he finally whipped and beat up his elder sister (another man's wife) to the extent that she was dripping with blood

Question: Can you beat up your elder sister for your wife, how can this issue be resolved as every member of his family are against him including his mother, should he go and beg them or not?
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by kittykat1(f): 3:36pm On Jan 15, 2013
Do you then think that a sister of a man has the right to go to the man's house and beat up the wife?

35 Likes

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by wlex8(m): 3:47pm On Jan 15, 2013
kitty kat: Do you then think that a sister of a man has the right to go to the man's house and beat up the wife?

It was very wrong of her to have gone there to fight, she's now saying she did not go there to fight but to find out if it was true the wife said some nasty behind her back
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by kittykat1(f): 4:14pm On Jan 15, 2013
Ofcourse u know she is lying. She was harassing the woman and I blv this won't be the first time. She as ready to fight that's why d bro had to whoop her arse. I can't even try that on my bro's wife. If they insult me, I call my brother and report them. And ask him to deal with his wife
wlex8:

It was very wrong of her to have gone there to fight, she's now saying she did not go there to fight but to find out if it was true the wife said some nasty behind her back

3 Likes

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by donchris369: 4:24pm On Jan 15, 2013
Wow, beat my sister because of my wife even to the extent of dripping blood. Wow... When we were struggling together from childhood, going to primary school, secondary school and even university, pulling things through together where was my wife. When we were drinking garri together in our struggling days in a very harsh condition, where was my wife. When people were making carricature of my family, even taunting us where was my wife. Now am a made man, rich and get myself a wife, i should now turn against my family. Beat my elder sister for what? If i didnt make it in life, will my wife look my way at all, but, i guess my sister will still put effort to make me a made man. Op did you say my elder sister? my elder sister is probably a senior to my wife, so why should my wife say nasty things about her to disrespect her? Wow.... I love my wife but, i will never turn against my family because of her. GOD forbid bad thing. Oya, i know all the married women in the house will want to take on me now. But, ask yourselves if your junior brother you sufferred for beats you up because of his wife, no matter the reason how you will take it.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by feminineA: 4:26pm On Jan 15, 2013
In as much as I love the fact that the man stood up for his wife he has compounded his wife's problem with his family members. There are better ways to handle it. Ask her to leave, threaten to call the police, insult her to handle her family problems rather than yours etc

1 Like

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by wlex8(m): 5:17pm On Jan 15, 2013
kitty kat: Ofcourse u know she is lying. She was harassing the woman and I blv this won't be the first time. She as ready to fight that's why d bro had to whoop her arse. I can't even try that on my bro's wife. If they insult me, I call my brother and report them. And ask him to deal with his wife

I'm sure she must have said very nasty things that got her so angry she would want to beat her up, I doubt if she would have really beaten her up, the wife is such that she can say anything to get someone angry.
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by wlex8(m): 5:25pm On Jan 15, 2013
donchris369: Wow, beat my sister because of my wife even to the extent of dripping blood. Wow... When we were struggling together from childhood, going to primary school, secondary school and even university, pulling things through together where was my wife. When we were drinking garri together in our struggling days in a very harsh condition, where was my wife. When people were making carricature of my family, even taunting us where was my wife. Now am a made man, rich and get myself a wife, i should now turn against my family. Beat my elder sister for what? If i didnt make it in life, will my wife look my way at all, but, i guess my sister will still put effort to make me a made man. Op did you say my elder sister? my elder sister is probably a senior to my wife, so why should my wife say nasty things about her to disrespect her? Wow.... I love my wife but, i will never turn against my family because of her. GOD forbid bad thing. Oya, i know all the married women in the house will want to take on me now. But, ask yourselves if your junior brother you sufferred for beats you up because of his wife, no matter the reason how you will take it.

I felt irritated that he could beat up his elder sister to that extent, this is someone they both grew up together, married with kid and beaten up like that.

It's good to defend ones wife but in this case it compounded the rift in the family
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 15, 2013

1 Like

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by coogar: 5:35pm On Jan 15, 2013
wlex8:

I need you guys to comment on this, how right is it for one to beat up his elder sister for his wife?

This is a true life story

His family would love to have him and his wife separated if possible and this has been going on for a while, they believe she is not a good wife.

Recently, his wife and his elder sister had exchange of words somewhere, later the same day, the sister came to their house with intention to fight with the wife over the nasty things she said about her

The wife kept the house door locked so she could not gain entrance into the house to avoid further confrontation, she later alerted her husband on the phone that his sister has come to kill her

When the husband eventually came and met his sister outside, he tried to settle their quarrel all to no avail, he also insisted the sister must not enter the house

This resulted in a fight, he finally whipped and beat up his elder sister (another man's wife) to the extent that she was dripping with blood

Question: Can you beat up your elder sister for your wife, how can this issue be resolved as every member of his family are against him including his mother, should he go and beg them or not?

he did well considering the circumstance.....
like your story revealed - he tried to settle with the sister, he told her not to enter the house but she insisted on making trouble. i think the sister deserved what she got. a man must protect his wife from any threat(foreign or local)!!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by wlex8(m): 5:36pm On Jan 15, 2013
feminine A: In as much as I love the fact that the man stood up for his wife he has compounded his wife's problem with his family members. There are better ways to handle it. Ask her to leave, threaten to call the police, insult her to handle her family problems rather than yours etc

Thks, this is my exact position, there should be a better way to deal with the situation rather than beating up his sister, now the entire family including his mother are all against him and the wife.

The wife's family are happy he dealt with his sister and they see nothing wrong, not knowing this will only add to the wife's problem with her in-laws

1 Like

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by wlex8(m): 5:44pm On Jan 15, 2013
coogar:

like your story revealed - he tried to settle with the sister, he told her not to enter the house but she insisted on making trouble. i think the sister deserved what she got. a man must protect his wife from any threat(foreign or local)!!!

That's true but in this case, the wife is inside the house while the sister is outside their gate. The sister could not have beaten her up since they are not together at that point in time, the treat was not severe enough to warrant the beating up of the sister. What if her own husband was there at the time or what should he do to the brother who beat up his wife like that

It's like saying "you people don't want to leave my wife alone for me, I will deal with you all today and wham!!!! beating, the sister also might have been so aggressive and she slapped first (not sure)"

1 Like

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by kittykat1(f): 5:49pm On Jan 15, 2013
He and his sister fought cos his sister attacked him. He was ready to make peace with her but from ur story, she no gree and fought him. Also from his reaction, one can infer that the sister is not a 1st time offender.

2 Likes

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by coogar: 5:54pm On Jan 15, 2013
wlex8:
That's true but in this case, the wife is inside the house while the sister is outside their gate. The sister could not have beaten her up since they are not together at that point in time, the treat was not severe enough to warrant the beating up of the sister. What if her own husband was there at the time or what should he do to the brother who beat up his wife like that

her own husband must be irresponsible to have allowed his wife to go to another married woman's house to cause trouble. if this was on a neutral ground, i can understand! what right has a woman to go threaten another married woman in her home?

It's like saying "you people don't want to leave my wife alone for me, I will deal with you all today and wham!!!! beating, the sister also might have been so aggressive and she slapped first (not sure)"

there's no sentiment here.
i would not tolerate such nonsense as well - if my sister respects me, she won't come after my wife to threaten her. in a nutshell, if you threaten my wife, you have also threatened me and i would do anything within my powers to put you down. she's lucky she wasn't fed to the dogs. respect begets respect - no individual has any right to go into another person's house to threaten them.

3 Likes

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by dayokanu(m): 6:04pm On Jan 15, 2013
What would the husband of the sister do

Given that another man beat your wife and was dripping blood
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by baby124: 6:10pm On Jan 15, 2013
dayokanu: What would the husband of the sister do

lol, i think this is about to be a family royal rumble for real. That woman's husband is looking at some pretty serious beatings. He better not go to any family function unprepared. LOL. But really, under no circumstance should things deteriorate to the level that people start getting verbal or physical with inlaws. It never ends well. I dont think any man will see his wife beaten and let it go down like that. cheesy. Younger brother or no, he crossed the line.

3 Likes

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by wlex8(m): 6:13pm On Jan 15, 2013
coogar:

her own husband must be irresponsible to have allowed his wife to go to another married woman's house to cause trouble. if this was on a neutral ground, i can understand! what right has a woman to go threaten another married woman in her home?

there's no sentiment here.
i would not tolerate such nonsense as well - if my sister respects me, she won't come after my wife to threaten her. in a nutshell, if you threaten my wife, you have also threatened me and i would do anything within my powers to put you down. she's lucky she wasn't fed to the dogs. respect begets respect - no individual has any right to go another person's house to threaten them.

They all live in the same area, the husband probably didn't know it will result into that

What should the husband do to the person that beat up his wife

May be I'm a bit sentimental here, I just don't like women beaten up no matter the provocation, what if something terrible happened in the process or should the husband and the brother start their own endless fight.
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by greatgod2012(f): 6:14pm On Jan 15, 2013
No matter how......i can never allow my hubby to beat up any of his sister because of me......but im still wondering why d wife have not distanced herself from d sister, since from d story, d sister could not be a firsttime offender, and since she also know dt d sister is a trouble maker......just thinking.

That being said, i will beg my hubby till he promise not to beat her up because of me.......with what has happened now, d hubby has already added petrol to d fire in that family.
May God help us all o.

1 Like

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 15, 2013
dayokanu: What would the husband of the sister do

Maybe uncle should've leashed aunty from coming to her brother's house house or this wouldn't have happened... you don't bully me in my own mfkg house or you get what you deserve .....bloody face!!
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by dayokanu(m): 6:21pm On Jan 15, 2013
I dont know whatever happened oo But no one would beat my wife to the extent of dripping blood and go free

Especially a man beat my wife and drips blood? If it was another woman I might free them but another man?

Ka maari ni Paul wi.

1 Like

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by coogar: 6:24pm On Jan 15, 2013
wlex8:
They all live in the same area, the husband probably didn't know it will result into that
What should the husband do to the person that beat up his wife

very funny....
this is like asking what you should do if your child gets beaten outside for misbehaving. if the wife had marital training, she wouldn't go to another woman's house to make trouble. since she refused home training, it's only fair she got trained outside her matrimony!

May be I'm a bit sentimental here, I just don't like women beaten up no matter the provocation, what if something terrible happened in the process or should the husband and the brother start their own endless fight.

one question - would you have liked it if she had been beaten up by her sister-in-law instead of her brother?

dayokanu: I dont know whatever happened oo But no one would beat my wife to the extent of dripping blood and go free

Especially a man beat my wife and drips blood? If it was another woman I might free them but another man?

Ka maari ni Paul wi.

better train your wife properly and not have her behaving like a rabid dog otherwise anyone would beat her up and you won't do nada. the woman here got beaten by her own brother and blood is thicker than water. what can you do?

2 Likes

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by wlex8(m): 6:28pm On Jan 15, 2013
greatgod2012: No matter how......i can never allow my hubby to beat up any of his sister because of me......but im still wondering why d wife have not distanced herself from d sister, since from d story, d sister could not be a firsttime offender, and since she also know dt d sister is a trouble maker......just thinking.

That being said, i will beg my hubby till he promise not to beat her up because of me.......with what has happened now, d hubby has already added petrol to d fire in that family.
May God help us all o.

Not that the sister has been coming there to fight no, that was the first time and it was due to the nasty things the wife said about her

The husband's family do not really like the wife due to several reasons, some are genuine while others are not - they complained about her attitude to their mother and to the husband himself etc
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by donchris369: 6:30pm On Jan 15, 2013
Hey, coogar i have known you already as a guy without moral, since you advice one lady on her thread to go for her ex-boyfriend who is now married,that she should just tell the guy to dump his wife. You always reason upside down. That a man married a woman to spite his fiance.... Geez... You even called the wife of the man a fall guy. Well, i dont blame you some human being are like you very immoral in their reasoning. Even jidegirl supported that lady because they rekindled their luv. I want to ask jidegirl a question. If your husband ex rekindle old love with his ex, so, he should throw you out. I hate this family section so much, because many people here just hypocrites and they dont say the truth. Do not do to others what u wouldnt like to be done to you. How would a man beat his elder sister to the extent of dripping blood because of his wife? Smh
coogar:

7 Likes

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 15, 2013
Op are you the sister? You seem to know every intimate detail about this fight.

The man tried to settle quarell,she refused.He tried to barr her from entering the house but she still refused to stand down and this resulted to fistcuffs between both of them.
So i don't see why you are infering that he beat her up because of his wife per se.

If i were his wife though,i'd never allow things to escalate to beating levels,what's the point in strife?

This means everlasting fight oo cos the elder sisters husband may also want to retaliate..nawaya

At least everyone will now learn boundaries in that family.Reminds me of when my sister in law tried to pull a wierd stunt and my husband took my side,she nearly killed herself lamenting about what and what she did for him.

That someone is your.brother or sister doesn't mean you get to act anyhow to their spouse then start crying foul later.Respect is the keyword.

1 Like

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by coogar: 6:39pm On Jan 15, 2013

Even jidegirl supported that lady because they rekindled their luv. I want to ask jidegirl a question. If your husband ex rekindle old love with his ex, so, he should throw you out. I hate this family section so much, because many people here just hypocrites and they dont say the truth. Do not do to others what u wouldnt like to be done to you. How would a man beat his elder sister to the extent of dripping blood because of his wife? Smh

the single most important question is - what was the sister doing in their house? why did she come to threaten someone else's wife? what right has she got to be there? even after the husband showed up, he refused to leave when asked to and the original poster said she slapped her brother first - what does she expect in an animal kingdom country like nigeria? she deserves every platelet of blood she lost in the ordeal. next time, she would act accordingly!
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by wlex8(m): 6:39pm On Jan 15, 2013
coogar:

very funny....
this is like asking what you should do if your child gets beaten outside for misbehaving. if the wife had marital training, she wouldn't go to another woman's house to make trouble. since she refused home training, it's only fair she got trained outside her matrimony!

one question - would you have liked it if she had been beaten up by her sister-in-law instead of her brother?

better train wife properly and not have her behaving like a rabid dog otherwise anyone would beat her up and you won't do nada. the woman here got beaten by her own brother and blood is thicker than water. what can you do?

Two women fighting is different from when a man beats another man's wife to the extend that she was dripping blood, did he consider how the woman's husband will feel as well, no matter what she has done, what if he also loves his wife so much that he would also do anything for her, won't that result into more serious issue

This is a sister they both came out from the same womb and might have been of help to him one way or the other when they were growing up
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by kittykat1(f): 6:43pm On Jan 15, 2013
Ppl shd stop supportingg eveil. In Nigeria, we always like to overstep boudaries. How can a married oman go to another woman's house to fight her. Even if she is ur sister inlaw and so what?

D man even tried to stop her and she refused. Now Op doesn't know or doesn't want to remember if she struck d first blow. This ensured in a fight. When ppl are fighting, its a moment of temporary madnes. I am sure that man must have forgotten say na I'm sister I dey beat. He didn't try shaa to make her start bleeding. But IMHO , this fight asnt abt the wife anymore, it was abt trespassing and stubbornness.

1 Like

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 15, 2013
dayokanu: I dont know whatever happened oo But no one would beat my wife to the extent of dripping blood and go free

Ka maari ni Paul wi.

Okay now.... waa ri ! grin otito ni mo so fun e niyen..... all jokes apart my man will ban that sister forever from my house like for real. That's just bullying.... extension of high school madness , for where?
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by coogar: 6:48pm On Jan 15, 2013
wlex8:
Two women fighting is different from when a man beats another man's wife to the extend that she was dripping blood, did he consider how the woman's husband will feel as well, no matter what she has done, what if he also loves his wife so much that he would also do anything for her, won't that result into more serious issue

see sexism in sheer display.....
so if two women fight and one draws blood out of the other then it's acceptable - but when a man does it, it's forbidden? hahahahahaha - i like the reasoning of most nigerians. its not violence when a woman beats your wife but it's savagery when a man does so.

This is a sister they both came out from the same womb and might have been of help to him one way or the other when they were growing up

exactly....
the sister should have thought of sharing the same womb with her brother before going there to make trouble. the sensible brother arrived at the scene and was trying to settle the rift but the evil sister refused to budge......there's a point where womb sharing and common sense must part company.

1 Like

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by wlex8(m): 6:52pm On Jan 15, 2013
hispinkolo: Op are you the sister? You seem to know every intimate detail about this fight.

The man tried to settle quarell,she refused.He tried to barr the her from entering the house but she still refused to stand down and this resulted to fistcuffs between both of them.
So i don't see why you are infering that he beat her up because of his wife per se.

If i were his wife though,i'd never allow things to escalate to beating levels,what's the point in strife?

This means everlasting fight oo cos the elder sisters husband may also want to retaliate..nawaya

I'm not the sister, I heard this story from my girl friend, although I know all the people involved as well

My girl friend is of the opinion that the husband did the right thing by defending the wife while I think he went too far in that defence and has compounded their family problem

We were unable to agree on who was right or wrong, that was the reason I decided to post it here for comments. Thanks
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by kittykat1(f): 6:55pm On Jan 15, 2013
Just beingg naughty but real at the same time. Why do we always forget the part in d Good book that says, " and the 2 shall become 1 flesh"

I am sure its cos of ppl that say, we came out of the same womb so the woman is inferior to d inlaws that the bible said that.

2 Likes

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 15, 2013
It's easy for people to seat in their arm chairs and judge based on patchy information from a packaged story as evident of the title. Truth is we were not there.
Obviously the man went there with the mind of peace to just settle it. From an intent to settle...to beating the other person bloody...that's a huge emotional shift....and emotional shifts of that magnitude DO NOT happen just like that.

Obviously the sister said or did something further that was conveniently ommited during the reporting of this story (As is the case with most women palava stories) to create a pre-established bias. Add that to the sheer disrespect of coming home to find your home invaded by someone who is adamantly trying to hurt your wife, after possibly a long tiring day at work...yeah, anything can happen. Full story, with full accurate events or GTFO.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc / How Infidelity Landed Some Nigerian Men And Women In Hospitals / My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.