Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,726 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife (30156 Views)

Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. / HELP!!! My Elder Sister Asking Of Sex From Me And Seducing Me / I Mistakenly Impregnated My Elder Sister—man, 25, Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by dayokanu(m): 4:11pm On Jan 16, 2013
coogar: story!
you would have to tell the court why you were trespassing in the first place.....the man that shot his own son in america cos he thought they were invaders was freed. trespassing is a felony. this woman trespassed, insulted, assaulted and you want her to get a lawyer. she would be sending herself directly to jail!

The woman trespassed which is a misdemeanor. A fine and restraining order at the maximum,

A man beat a woman causing her serious bodily harm, Thats assault, battery with the intention to kill and possibly attempted murder.

He is looking at 5-10yrs

2 Likes

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by josite: 4:16pm On Jan 16, 2013
[quote author=2buff]It's easy for people to seat in their arm chairs and judge based on patchy information from a packaged story as evident of the title. Truth is we were not there.
Obviously the man went there with the mind of peace to just settle it. From an intent to settle...to beating the other person bloody...that's a huge emotional shift....and emotional shifts of that magnitude DO NOT happen just like that.

Obviously the sister said or did something further that was conveniently ommited during the reporting of this story (As is the case with most women palava stories) to create a pre-established bias. Add that to the sheer disrespect of coming home to find your home invaded by someone who is adamantly trying to hurt your wife, after possibly a long tiring day at work...yeah, anything can happen. Full story, with full accurate events or GTFO.[/quoto

whoever writes this has plenty common sense
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by BABE3: 4:19pm On Jan 16, 2013
dayokanu:

The woman trespassed which is a misdemeanor. A fine and restraining order at the maximum,

A man beat a woman causing her serious bodily harm, Thats assault, battery with the intention to kill and possibly attempted murder.

He is looking at 5-10yrs

5-10 yrs in a normal country! Husbands beat the sexiness out of their wives in Nigeria and get away with it, so 5-10 yrs na wash!!!!

In a "normal" country, she won't even come near the house Talkless of the husband having to tear her apart!

2 Likes

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by coogar: 4:20pm On Jan 16, 2013
dayokanu:

common assault nko? burglary nko?
she's looking at 15 yrs if the sentences don't run concurrently!

He is looking at 5-10yrs

this is the law.......
it's not about what happened - it's about what you can prove.....what makes you think this was even the beating everyone thought it to be? it could have been an elbow flipping out unintentionally that broke her nose. football players often get bloodied on the pitch - is it as a result of them pounded with blows and kicks?

BABE!:

5-10 yrs in a normal country! Husbands beat the sexiness out of their wives in Nigeria and get away with it, so 5-10 yrs na wash!!!!

In a "normal" country, she won't even come near the house Talkless of the husband having to tear her apart!

don't mind dayo and his archaic mosaic laws.....the sister had the intention of causing grievous bodily harm to the wife in the first place. she didn't go there for good intentions - her punishment would be severe!
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 16, 2013
hahaha

1 Like

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by freecocoa(f): 4:30pm On Jan 16, 2013
This Ehie person is funny sha grin grin grin

Abeg take down those pictures, my kids are peeping at what mom's doing on her lappy, don't want them asking unanswerable questions.

You fione o undecided
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Okijajuju1(m): 4:31pm On Jan 16, 2013
dayokanu:

He is looking at 5-10yrs

The woman left her house with the intent to go to to another womans house and inflict bodily harm on her. (This means it was premeditated and thus she had the mens rea).

Had her brother not been called in to stop her, she prolly would have had the second element required for her actions to become a full fledged crime which is the Actus Rea.

Now.. Beyond just trespassing, our eye witness (the O.P) says he did not see who threw the first punch, but it can be argued in court that she did since she was already the agressor. Lets not forget that she maliciously trespassed into another mans property with the intention to cause bodily harm. The younger brother will simply argue that he was defending himself.

Attempted murder?!! I think not!

More like a case of two-fighting.. Just kidding! A simple case of domestic violence. Max he will get will be probation..
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by josite: 4:32pm On Jan 16, 2013
as a matter of fact,,we are all capable of being provoked.and every reasonable judge will look at the provocation offered to warrant the beating which in the present circumstance seems well deserved.well deserved because that is not sister's house and whoever steps beyond her boundary asks for trouble received.Having said that we must all strive to avoid vexatious persons at all cost even the scriptures enjoins us to mark those that causes division among us and avoid them.SISTER OR NO SISTER,she should be avoided if trouble and Unintended spillage of blood or violent will be the probable cosnsequence of meeting them.i conclude the wife must really be a good wife and the sister must really be a badnatured woman with no self respect.MIND U ,the man and his wife has an exclusive right to have their own family and are in fact bonded by oath to do so to the exclusion of every other family member.we nigerians must learn respect and if someone needs to be seriously flogged to learn self respect,i concur.
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 16, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin

*following*
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 16, 2013
am laughing at y'all

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! / UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset / Update On The Woman Whose Husband Took To Sharia Court For Praying Too Much"PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.