Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife (30109 Views)

Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. / HELP!!! My Elder Sister Asking Of Sex From Me And Seducing Me / I Mistakenly Impregnated My Elder Sister—man, 25, Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by gentlegg(m): 11:59am On Jan 16, 2013
Reading people taking sides with the man baffles me.

Well, as far as am concerned is only a FOOLISH man will beat his elder sister for the sake of his younger wife.

I read people saying why should a married woman leave her husband house and go to another woman's house to confront her. This sounds so childish to me, she is not just a married woman going to another married woman's house, she is an elder sister going to her younger brother's house, that is two clear different scenario. She heard that her younger brother's wife gossips with her, went to see her, probably to confirm the gossip from her and know why. She was locked out at first instance, she have not even gained entrance at all, while she was outside, she didn't force the door open, she didn't break the windows, but just patiently wait for either the gossiping sister-in-law to open for her or for her younger brother to come back and settle the issue. Only for the foolish man to come back and start beating her sister to blood point. Mostly some females here were insinuating that the sister must her fought him first, well in our Igbo culture, a real man would take a slap from her mum, aunt, elderly women and elder sister, and honestly such a slap is not for a fight, is just to call back the man to order. In this case, i picture the man coming back and immediately start shouting on the sister and exchanging words with her so as to side with the gossiping wife. Then the sister feeling embarrassed and being a woman can give him a slap probably to call him to order.

The hottest slaps I've gotten in my life was from my aunt. Not a slap but slaps, she slapped me the first one, i stood and gazed at her very angrily, then she repeated slaps on me for even looking at her in such an angry way (am already married then) and it would have been a taboo for me to hit her back. After everything i found out that i misbehaved in the first place, and that's why she gave me the first slap, i later apologized to her.

1 Like

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 16, 2013
No wonder,Nigeria is a dysfunctional society,where everything is settled by violence,lynching and death,this is what most parents teach their children

Nigeria matter don tire me
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by IbnTimothy: 12:03pm On Jan 16, 2013
gentlegg: Reading people taking sides with the man baffles me.

Well, as far as am concerned is only a FOOLISH man will beat his elder sister for the sake of his younger wife.

I read people saying why should a married woman leave her husband house and go to another woman's house to confront her. This sounds so childish to me, she is not just a married woman going to another married woman's house, she is an elder sister going to her younger brother's house, that is two clear different scenario. She heard that her younger brother's wife gossips with her, went to see her, probably to confirm the gossip from her and know why. She was locked out at first instance, she have not even gained entrance at all, while she was outside, she didn't force the door open, she didn't break the windows, but just patiently wait for either the gossiping sister-in-law to open for her or for her younger brother to come back and settle the issue. Only for the foolish man to come back and start beating her sister to blood point. Mostly some females here were insinuating that the sister must her fought him first, well in our Igbo culture, a real man would take a slap from her mum, aunt, elderly women and elder sister, and honestly such a slap is not for a fight, is just to call back the man to order. In this case, i picture the man coming back and immediately start shouting on the sister and exchanging words with her so as to side with the gossiping wife. Then the sister feeling embarrassed and being a woman can give him a slap probably to call him to order.

The hottest slaps I've gotten in my life was from my aunt. Not a slap but slaps, she slapped me the first one, i stood and gazed at her very angrily, then she repeated slaps on me for even looking at her in such an angry way (am already married then) and it would have been a taboo for me to hit her back. After everything i found out that i misbehaved in the first place, and that's why she gave me the first slap, i later apologized to her.

Stop insulting our culture!! It is completly wrong to go insulting your brother's/son's wife.
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by gentlegg(m): 12:08pm On Jan 16, 2013
IbnTimothy:

Stop insulting our culture!! It is completly wrong to go insulting your brother's/son's wife.
and how did she insult the brother's wife, by waiting outside?
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by warrior101: 12:09pm On Jan 16, 2013

Thank you bo. People kept saying she was going there to beat his brother's wife up, but has she beaten her already? Then why would the brother beat her up. Even if she had fought with his wife, they are women and it should have been wise to settle it and not joining your wife to beat up your sister.

What i see from this is that the guy is delusional just like okija juju grin and has no respect for his sister and family members. They are confused and are trying choosing sides instead of wisen up. Wise (Mature) men will never react on impulse.

I STRONG THINK THE LAW SHOULD PUNISH THAT MAN FOR SPILLING ANOTHER PERSON'S BLOOD. PERIOD
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by markyaro: 12:12pm On Jan 16, 2013
Very wrong to beat ur sister. And for d sister she no get work

1 Like

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by honeric01(m): 12:17pm On Jan 16, 2013
2buff: It's easy for people to seat in their arm chairs and judge based on patchy information from a packaged story as evident of the title. Truth is we were not there.
[size=14pt]Obviously the man went there with the mind of peace to just settle it. From an intent to settle...to beating the other person bloody...that's a huge emotional shift....and emotional shifts of that magnitude DO NOT happen just like that.[/size]

Obviously the sister said or did something further that was conveniently ommited during the reporting of this story (As is the case with most women palava stories) to create a pre-established bias. Add that to the sheer disrespect of coming home to find your home invaded by someone who is adamantly trying to hurt your wife, after possibly a long tiring day at work...yeah, anything can happen. Full story, with full accurate events or GTFO.

2buff:

If a man does not protect his wife and household from meddlesome in-laws WHO FREAKING WILL?!!!!
If your wife goes to their house to go and fight, then that is her problem if she gets beaten up. She left the domain of coverage.
But no-one, and I mean, NO-ONE comes into my domain to come and harm my wife or family. It shows a lack of respect to me and will be dealt with accordingly (most likely not with fists, unless defensively).
They are to report matters to me.

2buff:

What would you have been doing before apparently your junior brother would feel the only way to proceed was to beat you? When it comes to certain things, "junior" or "senior" does not matter. It is left to you as an individual not crossing a certain line.
I don't like violence...I also cannot stomach agitators of violence. By default I personally wouldn't respond the way this guy did, but then again, I was not there so I don't know what fully occured and what was omitted. People love to pick details of a story to tell so it can seem "sweet". All I know is this, where certain types of women are concerned, when there is smoke, there was certainly a fire that led to that smoke.

People hardly switch emotion from "sis please calm down" to "I will kill you B**ch!" just like that.

2buff:

Thank you!
As in, I love it how people (especially your gender) just love to tune out certain aspects of an event and focus on the one thing they have chosen to focus on.
The thing is, if that same woman slapped them as women, they would still batter themselves bloody. Yet feel the need to sit on some high-chair to start judging a man when he responds physically to physical assault.

They start to get all "psychological" and "philosophical" about the man's response and about how he will now undoubtedly become a serial rapist/killer/beater/etc because of his simple retaliatory act... taking great care not to even look upon the female instigator of violence with the same analytical pair of goggles, lest they find themselves judging their own selves undecided ....and nobody likes that cheesy
Hypocrites! grin

2buff: I'm sure the women and their manpurses can whine and moan about how he could have been a better man.
This, however, is no cover or substitute to how the sister could have also been a better woman. cheesy

As a man, someone wants to beat your wife, cusses you out (possibly using words like "weak dickless f00l". ) and then gives you a hot slap on top it, in your own freaking house, after possibly a long day at work!...Oh yes, it is very easy to judge on your armchairs. Hypocrites. :)

80% of all you typed are accusations, assumptions and "imaginary scenario", none of them can be traced to the original OP.
Alot of contradictions too.

Work with what the OP stated, if you feel it's sketchy and not complete, kindly ask the OP for more details rather than jumping the gun/re-writing the whole thing based on your own mindset/understanding.

2 Likes

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by kooto(m): 12:21pm On Jan 16, 2013
Whichever way you look at it, the sister caused it, her brother tried to prevent her contronting his wife[in his compound] by telling her to go, she must have provoked her brother forcing him to act that way which normally he will never have done, it has shifted to the case of brother and sister. it's unfortunate, and the wife will not be left out of it as all members of the guys family don't like her.hope they can resolve it amicably.
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by amber222(f): 12:32pm On Jan 16, 2013
we women are all d same.d sister too cn do d same 2 her sister-in-law.if to say na d husband beat d wife 4 d sister,u pple will start blaming d man 4 beating his wife.d two women are 2 be blame.
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by warrior101: 12:35pm On Jan 16, 2013
kooto: Whichever way you look at it, the sister caused it, her brother tried to prevent her contronting his wife[in his compound] by telling her to go, she must have provoked her brother forcing him to act that way which normally he will never have done, it has shifted to the case of brother and sister. it's unfortunate, and the wife will not be left out of it as all members of the guys family don't like her.hope they can resolve it amicably.

Why would you or anybody marry somebody your family doesn't like and why do they not even like her in the first place?
you said NORMALLY he would not have beaten his elder sister (matured, married with kids) up. and you are justifies it by saying that she caused it...
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by honeric01(m): 12:42pm On Jan 16, 2013
warrior101:

Why would you or anybody marry somebody your family doesn't like and why do they not even like her in the first place?
you said NORMALLY he would not have beaten his elder sister (matured, married with kids) up. and you are justifies it by saying that she caused it...

You dey mind some people.

Blooding your ELDER sister on assumptions/intent.

Beating her up and WHIPPING her. some families don't know what respect is all about.

If he can do this to his family member, then ALUU is in the making for a stranger. (Innocent or not) sad

Thank God for the family God planted me into.
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by warrior101: 12:49pm On Jan 16, 2013
honeric01:

You dey mind some people.

Blooding your ELDER sister on assumptions/intent.

Beating her up and WHIPPING her. some families don't know what respect is all about.

If he can do this to his family member, then ALUU is in the making for a stranger. (Innocent or not) sad

Thank God for the family God planted me into.

I can't say the same about my brothers @bolded, but i still thank God sha grin

what/who is ALUU?
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Ozegbe(m): 12:55pm On Jan 16, 2013
@op u have heard enough...and a couple of posts above have already spoken my mind..so my message to all the people involved in the saga is to register on Nairaland and spend quality time in the romance and family section, am sure they will learn a thing or two,

1 Like

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by soyad: 12:55pm On Jan 16, 2013
I think there is better way of settling the matter without a fight . the man should have handle it more maturely . Meanwhile , the sister should stay in husband house , she must be a troublesome woman .
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 16, 2013
If I were to be d husband of d beaten woman, she will come home and face more trouble.
What d heck did u go to dt house to do? U went and were locked outside, why did u not come back? She was outside causing trouble till d brother came back, imagine d time lag.

Some women are just shameless. The brother having grown up wit her understands d best language to talk to her-beating.

The brother should just pacify her by setting up a business for her cos I believe she was so idle and dt was why she had time to go for fight.

2 Likes

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Gboliwe: 1:09pm On Jan 16, 2013
People dont just beat up their elder sisters and then up until they bleed. Its possible the only language this elder sister understands is beating. Poor her embarassed
I do not think it would have gone this far if both siblings understood each other well.
I cannot go to my younger brother's house to attack his wife. How would i feel if my own sister inlaw does same to me. I put the entire blame on the elder sister.
Sorry Ma, you caused it.

2 Likes

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 16, 2013
We don't know the important details surrounding the whole story, so we can't fully judge.
To me, it seems the relationship he has with his sister is fragile. If he loved his sister, this incident would not occur.
You can't beat someone you love till they bleed, even the thought of it will deter you. Some posters were right, he will definitely beat up his wife very soon, he will begin to resent her when thinks about what he's done to his elder sister because of her(his wife). If she's a wise woman, she and her husband should apologise to his sister, his family and her husband. They should make peace. As a nigerian man, you can't fight your immediate family forever, you'll never win.
Lol, i really don't envy the man at all, that's one hell of a problem he's in probably because of an evil wife. His wife is bringing him down, he should be very careful.

3 Likes

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by stainny: 1:24pm On Jan 16, 2013
@ wlex8 Who are the “wife’s Family”? This explains why most families do not accept their daughter- in -law as part of their family? She remains a stranger even after being married to a so called husband family. The man sister went too far and got what she deserves. Maybe the man temperament could no longer hold the insult from her sister, trust women. This daughter in laws and husband family issues are some times complicated. On one occasion a husband got a hot slap from his elder sister of about 42yrs for scolding/ slapping their younger sister who is 17yrs. He did not slap back, yet the whole blame was put on the wife with the excuse the a girl of 17yrs is still a baby. The whole family supported.
Back to the topic, it could have been better the man kill his wife for his family to acknowledge him as a true son of the family. He is a real man , this will curtail their harassment, the wife should be ready to answer bad woman, she is not the first and would not be the last!
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by coogar: 1:38pm On Jan 16, 2013
jennykadry: I have to agree with CC here.

But at the same time, Coogar and 2buff's posts were quite straight to the point. I kinda saw where they are coming from

no, you cannot agree with cc! she's too soft!
chaircover is the type that would see a snake around her kids and would call pest control services and wait 30 mins because she does not want to violate the rights of the snake. violence is not necessarily bad - we are humans and the things we love are the things we are very passionate about.

i wouldn't hesitate to beat all the male teachers in my daughter's school if she tells me she has been sëxually abused - that's also violence but it's necessary. i wouldn't hesitate to shoot down any robber invading my home to harass my family. that's also a necessary violence.

i pledged an allegiance to provide and protect my wife till my pulse stops on the church's altar and no irresponsible sister of mine would threaten/insult/harass my wife while i sit back. what kind of man would i be then? some violence are very very necessary and this man is within his rights to put down any individual invading his territory.

1 Like

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by JoannaSedley(f): 1:41pm On Jan 16, 2013
People from a violent family exhibiting their violent behaviour, no respect for each other . The brother also married from a dysfunctional home with a wife that lacks respect. I don't envy them, let the sister go ahead and retaliate so the circle will continue cos i know it didn't start today. Bunch of useless adult

2 Likes

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Eneze1(f): 1:42pm On Jan 16, 2013
The sister over stepped her boundaries, same for the guy, there are better ways to handle that kind of situation rather than resolving to violence, don't know what has transpired between the wife nd the sister in the first instance, but I believe the guy just made the biggest mistake of is life, if the sister is someone who doesn't forgive I bet u the wife is in for trouble, because its now the wife palaver, the guy should just have walk out like a gentleman, at times silence is the best answer for a fool (the sister for overstepping her boundaries), but why can't sisters in law stay in their house?

1 Like

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by A40(m): 1:51pm On Jan 16, 2013
I still maintain that if he can beat his older sister orange juice style he would also beat you the wife one day when it hits the fan. Any intelligent woman before settling with a man has to know the man's relationship with his family members if they are cordial and if they are not why this is so?
Now just imagine if the man starts getting involved in extra-curricular activities who does the wife talk to on the man's behalf after he has beaten and alienated his family members
Ogbon ju agbara lo! The wife aint wise! Now I'm not saying the older sister is a saint far from it! She is also immature,disrespectful and reckless for confronting her brother's wife who by extension is her younger sister but I do believe the man shoulda displayed a bit more tact in this situation

Besides if the older sister decides to take this to the law do you realize the dude would be facing assault and battery charges?

2 Likes

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 16, 2013
He's a real man for beating blood out of his elder sister but he won't be a real man if he beats his wife, abi?
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by foluks24(f): 1:58pm On Jan 16, 2013
u can save me ur long sermon.d nos of years u wil b spendin wt ur wife is definitely uncomparable to d one u've spent so far wt ur family dat brot u up.ur wife will definitely go tru sm hard times wt u as well.from d story,am sure d sister must be the sturborn one to av returned to d wife for a fight even after d wife avoided her troubles by nt openin d door for her.this shld b a lesson to those who forget d part in d bible dat says and the MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS PARENT AND CLING TO HIS WIFE ONLY.although the man shuldnt av gone violent,bt d wife is nt to b blamed either.
donchris369: Wow, beat my sister because of my wife even to the extent of dripping blood. Wow... When we were struggling together from childhood, going to primary school, secondary school and even university, pulling things through together where was my wife. When we were drinking garri together in our struggling days in a very harsh condition, where was my wife. When people were making carricature of my family, even taunting us where was my wife. Now am a made man, rich and get myself a wife, i should now turn against my family. Beat my elder sister for what? If i didnt make it in life, will my wife look my way at all, but, i guess my sister will still put effort to make me a made man. Op did you say my elder sister? my elder sister is probably a senior to my wife, so why should my wife say nasty things about her to disrespect her? Wow.... I love my wife but, i will never turn against my family because of her. GOD forbid bad thing. Oya, i know all the married women in the house will want to take on me now. But, ask yourselves if your junior brother you sufferred for beats you up because of his wife, no matter the reason how you will take it.

1 Like

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by coogar: 1:59pm On Jan 16, 2013
J12: He's a real man for beating blood out of his elder sister but he won't be a real man if he beats his wife, abi?

why would he beat his wife? who is his wife threatening? who did he swear an oath to protect? so because a man shoots at armed robbers means he would shoot his wife and children?

3 Likes

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by ChyV(f): 2:11pm On Jan 16, 2013
D woman deserve it bcs she dosent hav respect n regard 4 his brother.

Who is she to go to his brother's house to fight d wife? Even if d brother's wife is a baby of 10 yrs, it's very wrong.
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 16, 2013
coogar:

why would he beat his wife? who is his wife threaten? who did he swear an oath to protect? so because a man shoots at armed robbers means he would shoot his wife and children?

So because you swore to protect your wife now implies that you have to beat shìt out of everybody she's beefing, including your beloved family members?
Your analogy doesn't fit a bit, his elder sister is not an armed robber, she didn't come to his house to kill or rob him, she only came to settle a dispute which the man himself let spiral out of control.
Its obvious you don't have an elder sister, even if you do, I don't think you have a healthy positive relationship with her.
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by ChyV(f): 2:15pm On Jan 16, 2013

bt d man's sister is very wrong.

1 Like

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Teejayphillip(m): 2:19pm On Jan 16, 2013
Beatin his elder sista 4 his wife won't solve anyfin,bur rather add more 2 d problem... A man whu can beat up his elder sista wil surely raise his hand against his mother sumday n alzo beat d so called wife... By beatin ur elder sista 4 ur wife,is dat ow 2 show ur wife dat U really love her so much?

I hate wen men makes sum kinda silly mistake,U ® tryin 2 please sumone,while U ® causin havoc on d oda end... If d elder sista husband takes up d issue d guy,family don begin dey scatter small small b dat...

You ave asked ur sista 2 leave Ur ouz,n wen she refuses,U can put a call tru 2 her husband or any member of ur family dan creating issues afterwards... I criously disagree if dis man wil make a gud home...

I cnt beat my younger ones,talkless of raisin my hand against my elder ones.. God 4bid

1 Like

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by coogar: 2:22pm On Jan 16, 2013
J12:
So because you swore to protect your wife now implies that you have to beat shìt out of everybody she's beefing, including your beloved family members?

not everybody she's beefing but everyone who threatens her in her own home. if this was on a neutral spot or if my wife had gone to her house, then it would be my wife's fault and she would have deserved whatever she got there as well.

Your analogy doesn't fit a bit, his elder sister is not an armed robber, she didn't come to his house to kill or rob him, she only came to settle a dispute which the man himself let spiral out of control.

she became an armed robber the moment she invaded my home with the intention to threaten my family. this woman was locked outside and she didn't move an inch(how idle this woman must be). brother arrived at the scene, tried to pacify her and she still refused till she assaulted him. she left the brother no choice......

Its obvious you don't have an elder sister, even if you do, I don't think you have a healthy positive relationship with her.

what a daft assumption!
i have sisters and they are not idle and irresponsible as you appear to be - so this kind of incident can never happen between us. they respect my boundaries, i respect theirs. people like yourself give women a bad name. you would not sit down where your husband has instructed you - but go about other people's homes to cause chaos!

3 Likes

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by sunky644(m): 2:24pm On Jan 16, 2013
donchris369: Wow, beat my sister because of my wife even to the extent of dripping blood. Wow... When we were struggling together from childhood, going to primary school, secondary school and even university, pulling things through together where was my wife. When we were drinking garri together in our struggling days in a very harsh condition, where was my wife. When people were making carricature of my family, even taunting us where was my wife. Now am a made man, rich and get myself a wife, i should now turn against my family. Beat my elder sister for what? If i didnt make it in life, will my wife look my way at all, but, i guess my sister will still put effort to make me a made man. Op did you say my elder sister? my elder sister is probably a senior to my wife, so why should my wife say nasty things about her to disrespect her? Wow.... I love my wife but, i will never turn against my family because of her. GOD forbid bad thing. Oya, i know all the married women in the house will want to take on me now. But, ask yourselves if your junior brother you sufferred for beats you up because of his wife, no matter the reason how you will take it.
God bless you, infact I have nothing else to say.
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by maasoap(m): 2:27pm On Jan 16, 2013
If this man doesn't go to jail, it is because they are all family members. You assault a woman publicly, physical assault for that! There was no even physical contact between the two women. To the men out there, if you have to beat up another woman because of your wife, let it be a woman from your family; Otherwise, you might have to spend few months behind bars. Do you people even know what is likely to happen if you foolishly assault a military or high ranking police officer's wife?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* / How To Know You Are In A Healthy Relationship Or Not / My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.