Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali (48001 Views)

Brooms Greet President Buhari Arrival In Ghana (Photo) / Finally, Nigerian Troops Bombard Sambisa Forest / Picture: Jonathan's Wife Being Received On Arrival In Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 18, 2013
doctokwus: Our things always dfferent& always we appear not to know what to do.Why disembark frm d transport aircraft wt guns @combat positions;d rebels were dfinitely not @ d airport.More organised settings disembark wt guns far off sight& begin to prepare demselves @ d camp

Oga in Africa, always expect the unexpected. If God forbid something happens at the airport, you will be the first to point out how a combat-ready US army stormed Iraq in "shock and awe"
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by cold(m): 11:16pm On Jan 18, 2013
Cunt_Destroyer:

I appreciate your argument and I have also used same argument in response to a particular post here on this thread but I meant to reply in the context of effectiveness and combat strategy when in Mali. If they can't win at home, how are they going to succeed on the international stage were the ROE (Rules Of Engagement) will be strictly enforced and defined by the UN and EU allied forces?
And what makes you think 'they are not winning at home'?Compare the activities of the insurgents now to say a year ago.Boko haram are being strangled to death,make no mistake about that.Yes there will always be one or two successful incidents,that does not take away from the fact that their strength has been dissipated.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by citizenisb: 11:17pm On Jan 18, 2013
NIGERIA THREATENED

But it is Nigeria which could be the greatest concern. With the region's biggest oil reserves and economy, its security forces are already bogged down in on-off fighting with Boko Haram militants in the north.

Abuja has wavered between not wanting to overstretch its army by intervening in Mali and hoping the mission could stamp out links between homegrown and global militants.

By dispatching the first of 1,200 soldiers this week, President Goodluck Jonathan opted for the latter.

"They want to cut off the Islamist problem at the root," said Bismarck Rewane, CEO of Lagos-based consultancy Financial Derivatives. "Not only could it inflame things here, but in the long run it won't solve the problem of Boko Haram's insurgency, which is to do with inequality and poor governance."

Most West Africans, including the Malians themselves, have been largely supportive of French intervention while regretting the inaction of regional powers to come to Bamako's rescue.

However, the failure of democracy to improve daily life in some of the world's poorest countries has opened the door to Islamic organizations to play a bigger role.

Ultra-conservative Wahhabism, spread by preachers coming from the Gulf, has made inroads.

"This intervention (in Mali) makes the whole sub-region considerably more vulnerable," Aning added.

"We are going to see the spread of the fronts from Mali."
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jan 18, 2013
Cunt_Destroyer: ^^^You are yet to uproot your own insurgency

Guy, this your name ''Cunt_Destroyer'' na wa sha. gringrin
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by Biggybountz: 11:23pm On Jan 18, 2013
Cunt_Destroyer:

first and foremost you are a f00l to think that the problems curently plaguing Mali do not have religious and racial undertones.

You cannot remove the root of the crisis from the argument.

These soldeirs are going to clean up shop were salafist muslims have taken root.

How common is this case scenario in the world we live in today; muslims screw shitt up and we are made to clean it up or tolerate it forsake we are not called biggots and if we dare criticize Islam we are called islamaphobes.

grow some common sense first before posting crap

oi... you are entitled to your opinion, as much as I am entitled to mine!....meanwhile if u need to throw more light to an arguement or perhaps enlighten people if you feel you are more knowledgeable, you don't need to be insultive to people, it is obvious to anyone that the militants have a religious tie...that taken! thats not my arguement and I am not disputing that... All i have advised is that people coming on here to preach about the end time, preaching and quoting religious verses and blah blah should open another thread for that, I suppose we were meant to argue the Nigerian Troop's operations in Mali and not preach on here..... read my English oga!...and learn not too be too insultive especially when you have miss interpreted someone else' arguement!
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by bleufaucon: 11:30pm On Jan 18, 2013
cap28: AFRICAN LACKEYS GO AND DIE FOR A CAUSE THAT WILL NEVER BENEFIT YOU OR YOUR GRAND CHILDREN, SEND YOUR YOUNG MEN TO DIE FOR EUROPEAN AND AMERICAN MINING CORPORATIONS THAT ARE HELL BENT ON MILKING MALIAN NATURAL RESOURCES DRY, GO AND DIE FOR NOTHING - STU..PID FOOLS, THIS IS WHY ILLITERACY IS THE BIGGEST THREAT TO HUMAN CIVILISATION, HAD IT BEEN THAT THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN HAD A BASIC UNDERSTANDING OF WESTERN IMPERIALISM THE NIGERIAN GOVT WOULD NEVER GET AWAY WITH SENDING YOUNG NIGERIAN MEN TO DIE FOR NOTHING.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1geA5IVawU&list=UUGThM-ZZBba1Zl9rU-XeR-A&index=13
Tell them!!! The depraved elements we have in Nigeria..even with their western styled education they can't see in btw the lines...fools! Nigerians are shameless! Prepare,war is coming..no time for ur lousy make ups,or to watch soccer or wear fancy clothes..Ivorians are angry at u nigerians,now its Mali..shame!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by aribisala0(m): 11:33pm On Jan 18, 2013
To some extent Boko Haram are losing the battle but It is hard to say Nigeria is winning the war.Or if they are it is a hollow victory. We have a problem now in Nigeria of proliferation of firearms and unemployment in a religiously polarized setting. Especially in Northern Nigeria violence will continue and investments will leak.If the North was backward before they just reversed several years and we live in the same country. That is Nigeria.On a wider scale Nigeria cannot be safe/prosperous if our neighbours are not and so the same EU logic will have to apply in the ECOWAS region especially with the increasing alienation in the North.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 18, 2013
Biggybountz:

oi... you are entitled to your opinion, as much as I am entitled to mine!....meanwhile if u need to throw more light to an arguement or perhaps enlighten people if you feel you are more knowledgeable, you don't need to be insultive to people, it is obvious to anyone that the militants have a religious tie...that taken! thats not my arguement and I am not disputing that... All i have advised is that people coming on here to preach about the end time, preaching and quoting religious verses and blah blah should open another thread for that, I suppose we were meant to argue the Nigerian Troop's operations in Mali and not preach on here..... read my English oga!...and learn not too be too insultive especially when you have miss interpreted someone else' arguement!
BUT YOU DESERVE TO BE INSULTED FOR BEING A CARNAL MINDED CRETIN
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by bleufaucon: 11:44pm On Jan 18, 2013
cap28:

No one listens to the united states ? despite the fact that they spend over $1trillion dollars a year on defence? no - one listens to the US despite the fact that they have over 700 military bases all over the world? no -one listen to the US despite the fact that they have nuclear capability?

let me ask you this - ive already asked rosikk but didnt get an answer - where are these weapons coming from? who supplied them ?

if the islamists are such a threat to france, britain and the united states why did the aforementioned nations arm, fund and place them in power in libya? can you hold someone as an enemy in one country but a friend in another ? i wish you could answer that question for me.

Am also waiting for his answer..

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by lekkie073(m): 11:49pm On Jan 18, 2013
Tusky44: [b]SHATTAP!!!!

There is no where in the world where a troop lands in a conflict zone and disembark without being battle ready. The reason being that they might just be disembarking into an ambush. Thats why they only travel in Military transport carriers..

The only time you see soldiers disembark without their firearms is when they are returning home from combat.[b]

You better stay clear of me. Don't even try to engage me with insults or i will not only assault you but also your wife and Mummy. I have dropped my past so please try not to ignite it angry

[s]i might even start with your wife's fallopian tube o[/s] angry
why thou speaketh like an animal? #justasking
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by aribisala0(m): 11:50pm On Jan 18, 2013
It is believed that a lot of weapons are unaccounted for after the fall of Gaddafi, weapaons are a very lucrative business like drugs and I do not think any one can stop their flow.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by toluene12: 11:58pm On Jan 18, 2013
Sincerely, what business do we have in mali?
1. Has there been an established intelligence report that links boko haram with those malian islamist rebels or the whole thing is based on unfounded sentimental assumption.
If indeed SSS or DMI told us there are links, how reliable? I hope they aint doctored report. CIA said the same thing about iraq until we realized they were bogus report.
2. Now concerning the malian crisi;, is it just a routine domestic insurgency common to most african countries or a trans border spread of terror? Most african rebel groups are not known for promoting pan african ideology, all they care about is unseating the govt in power and controlling the state resources.
3. Even if the malian rebels are really into spreading their extremist ideologies across borders, mali is not our direct neighbour, we dont share a border with them. Why dont we allow algeria, niger, burkina faso, and mauritania (their direct neighbours) send in foot soldiers while we provide financial, technical, logistic and moral support. Besides francophone countries should take the lead role not anglophones.
I dont want us fighting other people's battle.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by 30secs(m): 12:06am On Jan 19, 2013
doctokwus: Our things always dfferent& always we appear not to know what to do.Why disembark frm d transport aircraft wt guns @combat positions;d rebels were dfinitely not @ d airport.More organised settings disembark wt guns far off sight& begin to prepare demselves @ d camp
Too much Vietnam war film. Mtcwww
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by Biggybountz: 12:07am On Jan 19, 2013
obadiah777: BUT YOU DESERVE TO BE INSULTED FOR BEING A CARNAL MINDED CRETIN

I completely realize why u have reacted like this anyway, meanwhile i am not too good at trading insults...lets drop the argument amicably as i can see how your response have portrayed you to be more mature...Cheerio!
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by Nobody: 12:08am On Jan 19, 2013
wow!! i just love d force.i sure am going into the force afta ma 5 year B.ENG. PROGRAM!
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by lekkie073(m): 12:13am On Jan 19, 2013
toluene12: Sincerely, what business do we have in mali?
1. Has there been an established intelligence report that links boko haram with those malian islamist rebels or the whole thing is based on unfounded sentimental assumption.
If indeed SSS or DMI told us there are links, how reliable? I hope they aint doctored report. CIA said the same thing about iraq until we realized they were bogus report.
2. Now concerning the malian crisi;, is it just a routine domestic insurgency common to most african countries or a trans border spread of terror? Most african rebel groups are not known for promoting pan african ideology, all they care about is unseating the govt in power and controlling the state resources.
3. Even if the malian rebels are really into spreading their extremist ideologies across borders, mali is not our direct neighbour, we dont share a border with them. Why dont we allow algeria, niger, burkina faso, and mauritania (their direct neighbours) send in foot soldiers while we provide financial, technical, logistic and moral support. Besides francophone countries should take the lead role not anglophones.
I dont want us fighting other people's battle.
so u know better than d strategists at DMI and SSS?
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by chuks49(m): 12:21am On Jan 19, 2013
The AK47 still remains the most reliable combat assault rifle in service. Only M16 unsuccessfully tried to rival it. The Tavor holds some promises to supersede AK47 as combat weapon, but it still needs to go through series of tests to ascertain its combat readiness.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by callash: 12:24am On Jan 19, 2013
God will fucking over bless u

bigrovar:
If you decide to sure your ignorance online for the whole world to see that is your problem. I knew when I posted this that the cynicism casue it's cool brigade would show their head to find something sinister to say.

Addressing your points. when deploying in a conflict zone. come out fully armed and ready. Bamako as it stands now is not safe. We are getting reports of rebels infiltration has been reported in the city and rebels columns have been sighted less than 400km from bamako.. What is the rebels decide to give the Nigerian a special welcome? what happens then? When entering conflict zone one has to be ready for anything as the situation is very fluid and anything can happen. In one of the pictures you can see an unsmiling mean looking Soldier standing guard why is comrade disembark. That is how it's done. Make no mistake this is not a picnic.. This is war. not african nations cup.. anything can happen and one can not be too careful
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by callash: 12:24am On Jan 19, 2013
God will fucking over bless u

bigrovar:
If you decide to sure your ignorance online for the whole world to see that is your problem. I knew when I posted this that the cynicism casue it's cool brigade would show their head to find something sinister to say.

Addressing your points. when deploying in a conflict zone. come out fully armed and ready. Bamako as it stands now is not safe. We are getting reports of rebels infiltration has been reported in the city and rebels columns have been sighted less than 400km from bamako.. What is the rebels decide to give the Nigerian a special welcome? what happens then? When entering conflict zone one has to be ready for anything as the situation is very fluid and anything can happen. In one of the pictures you can see an unsmiling mean looking Soldier standing guard why is comrade disembark. That is how it's done. Make no mistake this is not a picnic.. This is war. not african nations cup.. anything can happen and one can not be too careful
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by Nobody: 12:37am On Jan 19, 2013
lekkie073:
why thou speaketh like an animal? #justasking

Because your parents are animals. That is simply the honest truth. So what should we do now? Monkey
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by CuntDestroyer1: 12:42am On Jan 19, 2013
chuks49: The AK47 still remains the most reliable combat assault rifle in service. Only M16 unsuccessfully tried to rival it. The Tavor holds some promises to supersede AK47 as combat weapon, but it still needs to go through series of tests to ascertain its combat readiness.

Ak's are heavier than most other assault rifles. They are also inaccurate on either single shot or automatic fire and the wooden "furniture" is affected by moisture. The Russian 7.62x39 "short" round is also ballistically inferior to the 5.56mm NATO round used these days.

The AK also suffers from poor recoiling which makes it miscue on firing multiple rounds on a standing target and also the weight issue makes it difficult to compete in tight corners.

On the other hand it is reliable and simple to learn to use. This simplicity is what makes it inferior to other Assault rifles. The G-36 is my personal pick for best Assault rifle. Closely followed by Steyr AUG, M16A2/M4.

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by CuntDestroyer1: 12:49am On Jan 19, 2013
Steyr AUG, M16A2/M4

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by uncletbuddy(m): 12:50am On Jan 19, 2013
I thought we no more have foolish Nigerians oh! Let me believe that you are not a Nigerian but if you are... well stop criticising. Do you know why every American you meet with seems to be ahead of you? IT Z because CRITICE.. AND DEY WILL SUPPORT DEMSELVES EVEN IF DEY ARE WRONG. I love you thats why i use the words i used.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by cold(m): 1:15am On Jan 19, 2013
Cunt_Destroyer:

Ak's are heavier than most other assault rifles. They are also inaccurate on either single shot or automatic fire and the wooden "furniture" is affected by moisture. The Russian 7.62x39 "short" round is also ballistically inferior to the 5.56mm NATO round used these days.

The AK also suffers from poor recoiling which makes it miscue on firing multiple rounds on a standing target and also the weight issue makes it difficult to compete in tight corners.

On the other hand it is reliable and simple to learn to use. This simplicity is what makes it inferior to other Assault rifles. The G-36 is my personal pick for best Assault rifle. Closely followed by Steyr AUG, M16A2/M4.

I don't know why people think the G36 is such a good gun, it LOOKS advanced but it's nothing special really....it fitted a red dot scope which is outdated...

The 3x scope is better, then actually nothing, people don't use red dot scopes any more, why did HK put a red dotted scope in G36... Did they ever hear of Optical Illuminum Technology...... while you have the other manufacturers like FN, SIG and AUG , which are all making next generation weapons

AK47's massive firepower and simplicity takes the win, modern warfare is all about urban combat anyway, people who complain about inaccuracy and care about."marksmanship" usually have mindsets that belong to FPS games and the 19th century. Look at the US in Iraq and Afghanistan now, with excessive bombings toward cities the insurgents have more hiding spots to ambush in city ruins, therefore battles take place in closer ranges. they're fighting counter insurgency therefore 7.62 is the ideal round to knock them off as the terrorists are fearless men

Yeah,I didn't miss where you stated the AUG
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by samkoro: 1:21am On Jan 19, 2013

Your ignorance just made me sick.I nearly vomited.

Durring WW2 the American paratroopers were given a sound welcome by German soldiers who shot nearly all their soldiers in mid air as they where landing with parachute.That shows how important it is to even carry ur gun in mid air while landing under parachute not to talk of when u are on ground.

Alertness and readiness makes u a soldier cos u are psyched for war.Anything could just happen.It happen in Nigeria talkless of a war zone.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by CuntDestroyer1: 1:23am On Jan 19, 2013
cold:

I don't know why people think the G36 is such a good gun, it LOOKS advanced but it's nothing special really....it fitted a red dot scope which is outdated...

The 3x scope is better, then actually nothing, people don't use red dot scopes any more, why did HK put a red dotted scope in G36... Did they ever hear of Optical Illuminum Technology...... while you have the other manufacturers like FN, SIG and AUG , which are all making next generation weapons

AK47's massive firepower and simplicity takes the win, modern warfare is all about urban combat anyway, people who complain about inaccuracy and care about."marksmanship" usually have mindsets that belong to FPS games and the 19th century. Look at the US in Iraq and Afghanistan now, with excessive bombings toward cities the insurgents have more hiding spots to ambush in city ruins, therefore battles take place in closer ranges. they're fighting counter insurgency therefore 7.62 is the ideal round to knock off them as the terrorists are fearless men

Yeah,I didn't miss where you stated the AUG

You sound contradictory. Bull-pup weapons are more ideal for close range urban warfare than field range rifles like the AK-47 were accuracy, marksmanship and tactics will determine if you will live to see the next corner.
Terrorists usually start their careers as non-conscripted men who are apprenticed on the job. The AK is thus an ideal weapon in the hands of amateur soldiers as it is both easier to train on, use and maintain.
Scope sight firing is used under the cool and only professional bad a55 killerz can keep their shitt together in the heat of battle knowing that the dude firing an AK erratically and sporadically from a roof top is pissing on himself with fear.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by brownlord: 1:24am On Jan 19, 2013
Tusky44:

You are not even carried enough. Ordinarily i would have blessmentua'd you but you are a rotten banana. The gods are wise but may they feed your carcass to the goats. May your oyokos shut at once and your third leg remain redundant. Ba5tard angry

this is not karability, if you are carried, you are to romance muaness and not to go paripasu, what is now the case
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by brownlord: 1:26am On Jan 19, 2013
Tusky44: Where is that lost soul "brownlord"? Come back to this thread and let me use your dirty blood to show example this night! You should learn to avoid confronting anyone on NL if you are not a disturbed mind too. Come here let me slice you and your future right away! Be damned angry

Look at this idiot, my friend seek caution and apply Gold circle for national peace, an attempt for you to jama muaness the gods
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by brownlord: 1:28am On Jan 19, 2013
Tusky44: The brownlord and madcow never returned? Well i hope to catch him next time and be ed him. My sins are forgiven and the missiles of the ghosts follow me until i meet my next enemy.

my friend, not everyone is as jobless as you are, you dont expect me to be online on NL waiting for you to post trash
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by cold(m): 1:34am On Jan 19, 2013
Cunt_Destroyer:

You sound contradictory. Bull-pup weapons are more ideal for close range urban warfare than field range rifles like the AK-47 were accuracy, marksmanship and tactics will determine if you will live to see the next corner.
Terrorists usually start their careers as non-conscripted men who are apprenticed on the job. The AK is thus an ideal weapon in the hands of amateur soldiers as it is both easier to train on, use and maintain.
Scope sight firing is used under the cool and only professional bad a55 killerz can keep their shitt together in the heat of battle knowing that the dude firing an AK erratically and sporadically from a roof top is pissing on himself with fear.

If you require one-hit-kill headshots from your rifle,the bullpup just can't do that on suicidal missions.You can also get more 'kills', faster with the AK. Furthermore, sometimes you have no choice but to spray down a husk at close range, and the Kalashnikov does a much better job of that as well. It's simply higher DPS. The AK carries more than enough ammo in a mag for me, and even if it didn't, reloading is ridiculously quick as a commando.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by sweetgala(m): 1:51am On Jan 19, 2013
abifoluwa: very very impressive i must say. but we need to change our gun o. bushmaster ar 15 is the way togo!!!
I think a newer version of the FN FAL family would suite us better DICON are already making the FAL, Nigerian troops are already used to it and it has the primary design features of the AK47. A carbine (NATO 5.56) version and battle rifle(7.62) would be perfect . I believe certain armies even have it equipped as a sharp shooter sniper rifle.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by nebeolis: 2:15am On Jan 19, 2013
MAY GOD GRANT THEM WISDOM TO DO THERE JOB WITH OUT HUTING INOCENCE ONE AND THEY MAY WORK BRAVELY MAY THE LORD STRAINTING THEM AND THEY SHOULD RETURN HOME SAFLY WITH OUT ANY OF THEM LOST IN JESUS NAME AMEN

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Nkechi Ikpeazu Helps Baby With Encephalocele (Head Tumor) - Graphic Photos / 6 Top Contenders For PDP’s Ticket For 2019 Presidential Election (Photos) / FG Declares Friday, Monday Public Holidays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.