Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,038 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali (47983 Views)

Brooms Greet President Buhari Arrival In Ghana (Photo) / Finally, Nigerian Troops Bombard Sambisa Forest / Picture: Jonathan's Wife Being Received On Arrival In Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by imperiouxx(m): 3:24am On Jan 19, 2013
Nigeria Army switching to the convectional war camo is a good news to me. I love it whenever I see it on my American soldier friend.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by fydence: 4:14am On Jan 19, 2013
bigrovar:
If you decide to sure your ignorance online for the whole world to see that is your problem. I knew when I posted this that the cynicism casue it's cool brigade would show their head to find something sinister to say.

Addressing your points. when deploying in a conflict zone. come out fully armed and ready. Bamako as it stands now is not safe. We are getting reports of rebels infiltration has been reported in the city and rebels columns have been sighted less than 400km from bamako.. What is the rebels decide to give the Nigerian a special welcome? what happens then? When entering conflict zone one has to be ready for anything as the situation is very fluid and anything can happen. In one of the pictures you can see an unsmiling mean looking Soldier standing guard why is comrade disembark. That is how it's done. Make no mistake this is not a picnic.. This is war. not african nations cup.. anything can happen and one can not be too careful
thank you for laying it out for the dummy...
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by fydence: 4:25am On Jan 19, 2013
crusufixo:

If we can have this sort of rapid military responce to matters outside the shores of nigeria, then what in God's name is stopping them from doing same with boko haram thats threatening the peace of nigeria. If only this kind of responce was implimented on boko haram, these terrorist would have being a thing of the past.!!!!!!
thats is because boko haram uses 'hit and run tactics in civilian populated areas where u cant tell who is who really u just dont go bombing the place...its a different situation in Mali
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by logica(m): 4:51am On Jan 19, 2013
doctokwus: Our things always dfferent& always we appear not to know what to do.Why disembark frm d transport aircraft wt guns @combat positions;d rebels were dfinitely not @ d airport.More organised settings disembark wt guns far off sight& begin to prepare demselves @ d camp
He he. Have you ever seen videos of soldiers disembarking on D-Day - June 6, 1944 (WW2)?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by OnlyemmyM(m): 6:02am On Jan 19, 2013
Partiality in the millitary, Shea it is only in ph that we have Army, other state dnt have Army abi.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by Abbey2sam(m): 6:54am On Jan 19, 2013
doctokwus: Our things always dfferent& always we appear not to know what to do.Why disembark frm d transport aircraft wt guns @combat positions;d rebels were dfinitely not @ d airport.More organised settings disembark wt guns far off sight& begin to prepare demselves @ d camp

Some fools will make some useless comment,while some idiat will like the comment....................

Goshhhhhh!!!!!!
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by CuntDestroyer1: 7:02am On Jan 19, 2013
cold:

If you require one-hit-kill headshots from your rifle,the bullpup just can't do that on suicidal missions.You can also get more 'kills', faster with the AK. Furthermore, sometimes you have no choice but to spray down a husk at close range, and the Kalashnikov does a much better job of that as well. It's simply higher DPS. The AK carries more than enough ammo in a mag for me, and even if it didn't, reloading is ridiculously quick as a commando.

There is no such thing as a one-hit-one-kill headshots in your average combat situation involving regular troops only if you are a sniper or a well oiled killer operating on assassin mode and by which you will employ stealth something the noisy crackling AK is not capable of. Now if you believe in random spraying to achieve a kill in close combat situation then your ideal weapon would be a shotgun with a rotating drum such as the military issued USAS-12.
Also, most modern NATO assault rifles are designed to be cannibalistic on AK47 rounds without allowing the reverse.

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by Abbey2sam(m): 7:05am On Jan 19, 2013
I must say; seeing my country at an international scene just made me blush,I'm happy seeing Nigeria soldiers,we are known for peace keeping.

You can keep on saying shi.t about nigeria, I don't give a 4ck.

Nigeria is a great country
Nigeria is my country

#ilovenigeria

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by BigBizzy(m): 7:15am On Jan 19, 2013
eye service don enter...naim boko dey use us shine for 9ja??
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by CuntDestroyer1: 7:16am On Jan 19, 2013
Abbey2sam: I must say; seeing my country at an international scene just made me blush,I'm happy seeing Nigeria soldiers,we are known for peace keeping.

You can keep on saying shi.t about nigeria, I don't give a 4ck.

Nigeria is a great country
Nigeria is my country

#ilovenigeria

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by bejay1(m): 7:47am On Jan 19, 2013
Why can't people like you just shush if you can't manage to put your tiny little brain to work?
Hey! They are not there for a summit conference![/quote] Haaaaaaaa. . .
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 19, 2013

U and those who like ur post na wa for una....... Na American movie u think u dey watch abi......!!!

So, they shd keep their Arms and Armunition in d plane......so peradventure the Insurgents shd strike the airport...... They shd now started running helter and skelter!!

And how did u know, the insurgents won't be @ the airport!!

u re supposed to be highly punished for saying this......infact.......u dey craze self ;( cry cry
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by CuntDestroyer1: 8:05am On Jan 19, 2013
donroxy:

U and those who like ur post na wa for una....... Na American movie u think u dey watch abi......!!!

So, they shd keep their Arms and Armunition in d plane......so peradventure the Insurgents shd strike the airport...... They shd now started running helter and skelter!!

And how did u know, the insurgents won't be @ the airport!!

u re supposed to be highly punished for saying this......infact.......u dey craze self ;(

the insurgents are in the north. if by any chance they were in the capital Bamako then that C-130 will not land in the first place.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 19, 2013
Cunt_Destroyer:

the insurgents are in the north. if by any chance they were in the capital Bamako then that C-130 will not land in the first place.

Na U and God be that...... Una just wan shame Nigeria.... Nigerian Army has a lot of tacticians both foreigners and Nigerians.....!!!

Which war have u dude planned in ur life and fought.... What do u know about war other than ''American Movies''......!!!

Nigerian Army are combatant ready immediately they have been lifted from the shore of Nigeria........

Una senseless dude think say Na super eagles and Mali wan play football ? Ehn!!!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by CuntDestroyer1: 8:22am On Jan 19, 2013
donroxy:

Na U and God be that...... Una just wan shame Nigeria.... Nigerian Army has a lot of tacticians both foreigners and Nigerians.....!!!

Which war have u dude planned in ur life and fought.... What do u know about war other than ''American Movies''......!!!

Nigerian Army are combatant ready immediately they have been lifted from the shore of Nigeria........

Una senseless dude think say Na super eagles and Mali wan play football ? Ehn!!!

Nigerian army that botched the sokoto kidnap rescue by using car tyres as smoke, by having a dangerous siege scenario gunfight lasting over 8hrs.

i don't think so.

the Nigerian army is more capable in dealing with defenseless civilians within their borders. On a full scale war with Cameroon, the gendarmes will kick our aboki led army to smithereens.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by petnkool: 8:32am On Jan 19, 2013
ikiller: Our things always dfferent& always we appear not to know what to do.Why disembark frm d transport aircraft wt guns @combat positions;d rebels were dfinitely not @ d airport.More organised settings disembark wt guns far off sight& begin to prepare demselves @ d camp.your just an ignorant Bleep.
eh. o'boy, you don make boo-boo . see all the tongue-lashing on you *grinning . That is why I don't just open my mouth to talk about matters I know little about . silly !
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 19, 2013
Cunt_Destroyer:

Nigerian army that botched the sokoto kidnap rescue by using car tyres as smoke, by having a dangerous siege scenario gunfight lasting over 8hrs.

i don't think so.

the Nigerian army is more capable in dealing with defenseless civilians within their borders. On a full scale war with Cameroon, the gendarmes will kick our aboki led army to smithereens.

No be ya fault,wetin small pikin know other than to suck b.rea.st and sleep,cry and smile!!

stop destroyin Cun.t..... It's time u done urself!!!

To those Army who has sworn to protect and defend the Integrity of Nigeria... May God Almighty protect and defend them too!!!
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by storylad(m): 8:36am On Jan 19, 2013
U must really be a learner and not well informed. Have u forgotten whtt happened to our troops @ sierralone wen they arrived @ d airport
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by osymerga(m): 8:40am On Jan 19, 2013
Algeria have been finding it hard to rescue the kidnapped victims for more than 3 days of fightings nw resulting in many deaths.The french also failed in their attempted rescue mission in somalia few days ago.Rescue missions is nt boot camp bro
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by bigrovar(m): 8:43am On Jan 19, 2013
toluene12: Sincerely, what business do we have in mali?
1. Has there been an established intelligence report that links boko haram with those malian islamist rebels or the whole thing is based on unfounded sentimental assumption.
If indeed SSS or DMI told us there are links, how reliable? I hope they aint doctored report. CIA said the same thing about iraq until we realized they were bogus report.
2. Now concerning the malian crisi;, is it just a routine domestic insurgency common to most african countries or a trans border spread of terror? Most african rebel groups are not known for promoting pan african ideology, all they care about is unseating the govt in power and controlling the state resources.
3. Even if the malian rebels are really into spreading their extremist ideologies across borders, mali is not our direct neighbour, we dont share a border with them. Why dont we allow algeria, niger, burkina faso, and mauritania (their direct neighbours) send in foot soldiers while we provide financial, technical, logistic and moral support. Besides francophone countries should take the lead role not anglophones.
I dont want us fighting other people's battle.

I understand ur concern but you have to understand we do not have any other interest to be in Mali other than to cut the head of the snake that has been hunting this nation. We are not in Mali because of Philanthropy for a long time now northern mali has become a terrorist haven Alqaeda in the Islamic Magreb, Movement for Jihad in West Africa and Ansar Dane .. all this groups have one hope. To spread their message of religious hate through out west africa. Gentlemen war has come to our doorstep and we have to raise up to the fight. Our east african brothers are alrady doing the same in Somalia where there have been able to put al-Shabaab on the run.. The combination of Kenya, Burundi, Uganda and Ethiopia decided not to sit idly by and watch terrorist take root in their region. The fact that we do not share a common bother with Mali makes no matter.. Terrorism is like a disease.. if allowed to fester in one part of the body would gradually spread and take over another part. We are fighting the good fight brothers the least u and I can do now is pray and hope that our brothers come home in their boots not body bags..
Algeria is already feeling the heat now am sure u are aware of what is already going on there. Niger has already promised troops and as allowed France and Nigerian Air force use their soil as launch base for their forces. Burkina Faso has always been unreliable even during the war in Sierra Leone and Liberia there have been known to always sleep with the enemy. Believe me there should stay at home. Nigeria can not afford that.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by loswhite(m): 8:45am On Jan 19, 2013
bigrovar:
If you decide to sure your ignorance online for the whole world to see that is your problem. I knew when I posted this that the cynicism casue it's cool brigade would show their head to find something sinister to say.

Addressing your points. when deploying in a conflict zone. come out fully armed and ready. Bamako as it stands now is not safe. We are getting reports of rebels infiltration has been reported in the city and rebels columns have been sighted less than 400km from bamako.. What is the rebels decide to give the Nigerian a special welcome? what happens then? When entering conflict zone one has to be ready for anything as the situation is very fluid and anything can happen. In one of the pictures you can see an unsmiling mean looking Soldier standing guard why is comrade disembark. That is how it's done. Make no mistake this is not a picnic.. This is war. not african nations cup.. anything can happen and one can not be too careful
nice one
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by loswhite(m): 8:47am On Jan 19, 2013
Siga: Chai....enough friendly fire.... I sorry for the village wey these guys enter....
do u knw wat friendly fire is?
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by bigrovar(m): 8:48am On Jan 19, 2013
sweet_gala:
I think a newer version of the FN FAL family would suite us better DICON are already making the FAL, Nigerian troops are already used to it and it has the primary design features of the AK47. A carbine (NATO 5.56) version and battle rifle(7.62) would be perfect . I believe certain armies even have it equipped as a sharp shooter sniper rifle.
My brother it seems u have not read the experience of our forces in Ecomog. FN FAL really failed them.. it jams like a witch when needed the most. A soldier needs a weapon they can trust and like I noticed earlier AK is rugged. yes it is not photogenic but it is one mean son.. it doesn't jam ever effective and allows any of our soldiers who run out of bullets to easily feed on the enemies supply. We are also sending in special force paratroopers from our airforce who are equipped with Tavor rifles.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by ziiko: 8:50am On Jan 19, 2013
go and hang ursef,if they no protect themsef, which govt go remember their family later
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by yokiti: 8:54am On Jan 19, 2013
Wishing my fellow country men well in their quest to safe mankind against enemies that have sworn to fight and defeat an established authority. God Almighty shall watch over you and keep you safe. The people you left back home shall see you again in peace and not in pieces.
I must as well appreciate the efforts of those that are vast in knowledge of military warfare that have seen on this thread. More power and wisdom to you all. Thanks!
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by loswhite(m): 8:54am On Jan 19, 2013
armyofone: looking scary and sad, why? grin come see real troops looking all fancied up with happy face going to war in Iraq/Afghan kiss ummmm, oh well!

God bless our Troops.
Army-of-1-strike kiss
wat do u knw abt war. Frm pic u don tell say dem dey scary n sad. Pls criticize wen u have to
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by CuntDestroyer1: 9:03am On Jan 19, 2013
donroxy:

To those Army who has sworn to protect and defend the Integrity of Nigeria... May God Almighty protect and defend them too!!!

after buying the recruitment form grin grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by loswhite(m): 9:04am On Jan 19, 2013
crusufixo:

If we can have this sort of rapid military responce to matters outside the shores of nigeria, then what in God's name is stopping them from doing same with boko haram thats threatening the peace of nigeria. If only this kind of responce was implimented on boko haram, these terrorist would have being a thing of the past.!!!!!!
have u heard of guerrilla Warfare . Is difficult to go all out since they live around civilian
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by loswhite(m): 9:15am On Jan 19, 2013
Tusky44:

The guy made a point. Disembarking in combat ready style is inappropriate. Stop being afraid of critics! angry
and u are a military commander I guess.
Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by loswhite(m): 9:24am On Jan 19, 2013
holly-pagan:
nigeria army likes to go to war,they going there to loot this is their nature i could remember when my uncle went to Liberia he came back and gave me one pair of shoe i asked him, uncle where is this shoe from he said he entered one room and saw alot of shoes he pick one for me
thank u 4 letting us knw that ur uncle likes looting.total display of foolishness

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali by loswhite(m): 9:32am On Jan 19, 2013
bleufaucon: The 3rd soldier's got no bullet catridge on his rifle(look closely).The west arms the rebels,the rebels unleash terror on Timbuktu and the entire region,the west again(french legionnaire) come to help its conquered African slaves to destroy the country even further..and here we are,the exceedingly gullible nigerians as usual talk about frivolous issues while an impending chaos looms across the sub-saharan region. Soldiers are off to die while the real enemies of the people sit in luxurious places...Africom will finish Africa if u lots don't wake up!
every time we are quick to point to west witout pointing to our own contribution. Did d west force them to take ammunition ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Obasanjo’s Son And Baba Ijebu's Daughter Introduction Ceremony / Dele Momodu And Wife, Mobolaji Celebrate 27th Wedding Anniversary (Pictures) / "The Language Is Now Clear For Everyone To Understand" - Bashir Ahmad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.