Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters (15274 Views)

Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) / PHOTOS: Police Residential Quarters As Shameful As The College / You've Seen The Police College, Now See Police Residential Quarters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by Mization(m): 12:38pm On Jan 19, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by babysnogls: 1:46pm On Jan 19, 2013
Ds one na jungle o! No wonder most of them behave like animals.

8 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by Toktee(m): 11:12am On Jan 20, 2013
They should thank God for the resident,there are people in the street without home
Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by Gabrielsylar(m): 11:14am On Jan 20, 2013
For all I know THAT IS WHAT they deserve.....naija police are bad pple....they will release armed robbers for money and lock innocent pple up they re cursed
Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by Jibwillz: 11:16am On Jan 20, 2013
Toktee: They should thank God for the resident,there are people in the street without home
Cnt beliv a fellow niqerian is spewin diz rubbish all in d name of makin a comment... #smh.

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by oshosjf(m): 11:19am On Jan 20, 2013
Nonsense, instead of u 2 say d truth u are busy whistling
Toktee: They should thank God for the resident,there are people in the street without home
Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by GuysnMum: 11:19am On Jan 20, 2013
Let them change their mind set. Things will surely change for them
Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by moneyhungry(m): 11:24am On Jan 20, 2013
are u serious?

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by moneyhungry(m): 11:30am On Jan 20, 2013
i know u don't have a home but even under d bridge where u live is better dan dis... dis place is hell fire in disguise!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by Lbrasi: 11:31am On Jan 20, 2013
no come here come blame GEJ becos these buildings don dey in bad shape before yaradua even enter.I am not a fan of GEJ becos even if channels no bring that report he possible make e no hear abt it.some people are in charge of these places,i am not saying they have not done anything abt it but we should ask wetin den do till e reach this level.
Even no be only FG get buildings wey dey in bad shape like this all over the country.state and local govts get then own too.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by nlofficial(m): 11:32am On Jan 20, 2013

What is this? You should be ashamed of yourself for spewing this bollocks.

What can I say? Surely they see these things and I guess they find them very okay which is the reason for their silence. Abi nobody dey in charge?

If they are to investigate this decay, beneath it will be corruption.

Nigeria! SMH
Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by osifred(m): 11:34am On Jan 20, 2013
It is a wa
Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by cyril83(m): 11:36am On Jan 20, 2013
Is this prison yard or what? even agodi and alagbon prison blocks is far better than this...@Op don't tell me naija police reside here
Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by QueenAw(f): 11:36am On Jan 20, 2013
Evidence of a failed country! A country plagued by corruption. A country where the welfare of it's people is the least concern of it's corrupt leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 20, 2013
Really? That place isn't meant to rear pigs sef.why would anyone live in such place have conscience? This is a case of gabbage in,gabbage out, so much for the Nigerian police. No wonder a typical policeman behave like animal,such living condition can affect the psyche on anybody.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by thelastPope(m): 11:43am On Jan 20, 2013
I heard several police high ranking officers are on their way out because of the president's visit to police college. I believe it will have a spiral effect on other things. The truth is that monies are allocated and disbursed for management of these facilities yearly but the top hierachy of the police keep embezzling it. You need to go to police house on the island and see how they run things. The big problen with military systems generally is that you cannot complain as a low ranking officer. It is mutiny to complain. So it is easy for the police hierachy to oppress and maltreat the junior officers. The police service commission should also be held responsible for the mess. They are doing nada!
I am so impressed by what channels TV did. It was a clear case of investigative journalism with a view to help change the country. Not the opposition propaganda style journalism of sites like Sahara reporters. We need journalists who will go out there and dig these stuff up and bring them to the fore. Clear news, not speculations and rumours. Let the government see it even if it embarrases them. In fact it should embarrass them. The important thing is nigeria must move forward.
Somehow I am happy at the current trend in the country. Especially in the south. Governors like Orji and uduaghan are now rolling out their machinery to work. Whether they do very well or not, the mere fact that they are trying to do something is a sign that the mentality is changing gradually and that is a big plus for the nation because in the past, these governors didn't even care what people thought. Let's keep the pressure on, not as partisan jibes and attempts to score cheap political points but as concerned Nigerians interested in a new Nigeria.

11 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by najoke: 11:45am On Jan 20, 2013
L brasi: no come here come blame GEJ becos these buildings don dey in bad shape before yaradua even enter.I am not a fan of GEJ becos even if channels no bring that report he possible make e no hear abt it.some people are in charge of these places,i am not saying they have not done anything abt it but we should ask wetin den do till e reach this level.
Even no be only FG get buildings wey dey in bad shape like this all over the country.state and local govts get then own too.

U r right, below is what gej said when he went to inspect the place

“This is a calculated attempt to damage the image of this government. The Police College, Ikeja is not the only training institution in Nigeria"

Imagine! How is it a smear campaign....the retardeen is suppose to thank Channels TV instead of making such STUPID COMMENT

Source: http://www.lindaikeji..com/2013/01/photos-president-jonathan-at-police.html#more

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by vislabraye(m): 11:47am On Jan 20, 2013
Poorly maintaineed quarters.
Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by Mization(m): 11:49am On Jan 20, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan on Friday criticised the distraught condition of the Police College in Ikeja, Lagos after his unscheduled visit.

Due to reports in the media about the deteriorating condition of the college, the President had visited the place for an on-the-spot assessment, without the knowledge of the Minister of Police Affairs, Mr Caleb Olubolade, nor the Inspector of Police, Mr Mohammed Abubakar.

According to presidential spokesman, Dr Reuben Abati, the President was disgusted with the deplorable state of infrastructure at the institution.

In his words, “Channels TV have been showing images from the Police College about the sorry state of the College.

“Some newspapers have also done some stories on this and really graphic story on the deplorable state of the College.

“The President was on his way to Abidjan. Apparently he must have watched those reports and read the stories.

“Those of us who were travelling with him were caught unaware because the plane was just diverted to Lagos.

“We came down and we were told we were going to the Police College, Ikeja.

“When we got there, you could see that people there were not prepared. There was even a big `Owambe’ party going-on in the premises.

“They were even erecting canopies for another party somewhere. The President then went round the place to see things for himself and he was quite angry that the institution could be in such a state. He saw that indeed there was a problem in terms of the quality of infrastructure in the place,” he said.

President Jonathan also inspected classrooms, male and female hostels, toilets and the school surrounding and according to Abati, promised to take action readily.

“What you can be sure of is that the President having gone personally to see things for himself, he will take action, because the Policemen are very important.

“These are the people in charge of security. If they are going to go for training, the training must be in a place that humanises them, not an environment that dehumanises them,” he said.

http://citizensplatform.net/2013/01/president-jonathan-to-take-action-on-police-college-says-abati%E2%80%8F/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by Panter215: 11:54am On Jan 20, 2013
We deserve the police force we get if someone can call this a residents. Most police accommodation I have since in Nigeria is not far some this rubbish posted. Across the country low rank police man live like animals and we wonder why they behave like one. I am sure the police commissioner budget yearly to maintain these buildings but year in year nothing is done. Abeg let's do something to improve their lives and I am sure something good will start happening.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 20, 2013
unless some of the unversities in nigeria has had a massive revamp in the last 10 years how are these quarters different from uni hostels

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by abrahym(m): 12:03pm On Jan 20, 2013
this is absurd
Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by gerald09(m): 12:03pm On Jan 20, 2013
Dis is not a resident dis is where goats and poultry animals are kept. I fink living on d street is d same tin.
Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by gegee(m): 12:04pm On Jan 20, 2013
2 Thumbs up for channells for kicking up all this dust with their investigative journalism
Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by Stica4(f): 12:04pm On Jan 20, 2013
IGP plz do sth there is money in d nigeria police force everything must not b from president

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by antywmy: 12:13pm On Jan 20, 2013
Na 2day? As a js1 student of ikeja high in 1989 police barack was a dump site, if d truth were 2 b told can a man not change the toilet sit he uses and make his house, comfortable?
Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by gp66(m): 12:14pm On Jan 20, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: For all I know THAT IS WHAT they deserve.....naija police are bad pple....they will release armed robbers for money and lock innocent pple up they re cursed

that is why the Ogoni Activist- Ken Saro Wiwa says that the wrong people in Nigeria are the ones who have done no wrong.
May God help our dear nation.
Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by baynix(m): 12:16pm On Jan 20, 2013
[size=15pt] Mama, Papa.. The PDP Ruined Ds Country For Us! [/size] angry

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by dridowu: 12:33pm On Jan 20, 2013
Ds are normal tins in an abnormal country like NIGERIA, wit ds visitation , it will b d same till 2015
Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by anonimi: 12:37pm On Jan 20, 2013
baynix: [size=15pt] Mama, Papa.. The PDP Ruined Ds Country For Us! [/size] angry

Really?
Not so fast.
How many state and LG roads in [size=15pt]non-PDP states & LGs[/size] are in good condition
How many primary schools and primary health centres in non-PDP controlled states have good buildings and well paid & qualified teachers

Abeg don't be lazy in your thoughts!!!

What is the difference between
a) six
b) half a dozen

Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by tufine: 12:49pm On Jan 20, 2013
That shows why they share same similarities with armed robbers and thugs.. Animals in uniform.....)(
Re: Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters by juman(m): 12:54pm On Jan 20, 2013
tufine: That shows why they share same similarities with armed robbers and thugs.. Animals in uniform.....)(

Hmmm. The problem is one nigeria.

There is no dignity being a police man in nigeria. Every thing police is in bad condition.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor / WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested / My Life With Mandela – Obasanjo(africa Next Hero)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.