Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,001 members, 7,821,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? (5613 Views)

Can You Marry An Illiterate? / Should A Graduate Lady Marry An Illiterate Man? / Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by Nobody: 5:56am On Jan 22, 2013
Mynd_44: Yes I can. I cannot marry an unintelligent woman though but since literacy and intelligence are different, I don't mind

Mynd the wise one...

Literacy and intelligence are different. We can see truth to that on Nairaland .. not all the literate folks here are smart.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by 3ndy(f): 6:04am On Jan 22, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Mynd the wise one...

Literacy and intelligence are different. We can see truth to that on Nairaland .. not all the literate folks here are smart.
same viceversa..
u should know
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by Nobody: 6:08am On Jan 22, 2013
3ndy:
same viceversa..
u should know
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by Mynd44: 6:13am On Jan 22, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Mynd the wise one...

Yup
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by WAM1(f): 10:23am On Jan 22, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by tpia5: 5:58pm On Jan 22, 2013
Anyway, @ 3ndy

have you two married yet?
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by Mynd44: 6:04pm On Jan 22, 2013
Erm......was that Tpia or was her account hacked?tonguetonguetonguetongue
Whatever you ate today, please keep eating it
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by Caseless: 6:07pm On Jan 22, 2013
Yes....yes......yes.....yes.....yes....yes....yes...yes...yes...yes.

Dont ask me why!
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by tpia5: 6:18pm On Jan 22, 2013
Mynd_44: Erm......was that Tpia or was her account hacked?tonguetonguetonguetongue
Whatever you ate today, please keep eating it

I was going to send her an email but i dont know how the nl one works.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by Mynd44: 6:26pm On Jan 22, 2013
tpia@:

I was going to send her an email but i dont know how the nl one works.
Just click on her name, and you will see "send xyz znc e-mail somewhere there". Send it and once she replies, you are in.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by ubong560(m): 6:47pm On Jan 22, 2013
@djeezy, sorry, u also get confused in dis whole thread. How many illiterate childrn hav u seen in d street doing well? Illiterate parents undoubtedly lack d power (financially & morally etc) 2 boost thier childrn's affair educationally and odawis. Illiterate parents are not gainfully employed and in dat case, how then do u expect them to manouvour thier childrens life to sound greatly resourceful? What a father has is what he gives to his children. Wen last did u see a son of a wheel barrow pusher graduating from oxford university? Most of them have d desire to train thier children but mind u, a desire that's not backed up financially becomes .... **u can complete dat**

If u leave every illiterate woman in d hands of an illiterate man, den d multiplication of illiterate children in 5yrs time might go beyond d calculation of a seven digit calculator (dont 4get they can born endlessly).

@least, one literate persn shld b instilled in d family 2 correct oda.

Correct me if am wrong!
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 22, 2013
^^^^^^^^^ Gbam!
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by DANILSA(m): 8:46pm On Jan 22, 2013
ubong560: @Afam4eva and Danilsa, wen i say 'illiterate', i mean som1 who attended only primary sch. and stopped at primary 5 bcs she culd not complete it because of one thing or d other. She can barely write her name and express her self politely wit english. What better word can i use to decribe her oda dan 'Illiterate'?

Note: All those were unimportant to me as far as the real love i had for her was concerned?
UBONG If she did not attend any @all i can go for her, if she can express herself but what you explained above HELLNO
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by ubong560(m): 9:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
'HELL NO' because u think u cant help her to be who u want her to be?
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by ubong560(m): 9:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
'HELL NO' because u think u cant help her to be who u want her to be right?
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by DANILSA(m): 9:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
ubong560: 'HELL NO' because u think u cant help her to be who u want her to be right?
what you described above is a stark illiterate and not an illiterate. yes i can help her if she already has some understanding not when she needs to start from nursery one again. pls ubong leme ask, will the bride price be reduced?

My last date was a secondary school dropout, but very brilliant. I never knew until she told me because her English was good and she can express herself very well, but when she rejected my offer to write WAEC for crazy reasons, i personally stated withdrawing,cant finish the story on net for privacy reasons but one has to consider a lot of factors before entering such.I rest my case.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by sunnyt1(m): 11:07pm On Jan 22, 2013
Are there still illiterates out there? I mean real illiterates. How do you define it now? Ok, An illiterate is anyone who can neither read nor write and iv nt being seeing those kind of people recenly.

I can marry someone who doesnt have formal education but intelligent, teachable and logical ( havent u met some illogical and rude BSC holders).

Common dudes, its wrong to see someone as a lower human jst bcs GOD placed you in better conditions than them. If u cant marry them, there is no point singing abt it, jst blink your eye and leave, u dnt need to hurt anyone.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by 3ndy(f): 12:23am On Jan 23, 2013
tpia@:
Anyway, @ 3ndy

have you two married yet?
no.. after the pregnancy things got awkward because he at first told me he didn't want the baby.. then i told him ok i will keep the baby without him.. and when i started making plans without him he got angry and started yelling "that's my blood" "he is my child" even because when my aunties asked if he was the father my mum said no.. that she was the father.. i mean if u don't want the baby don't claim it yours.. so told him but u said u didn't want the baby he said after digesting the news he accepted him/her (i'm not really sure abt that) that's why i decided to stay with him because of the baby and all.. but then after what happened with my mum.. i haven't spoken to him and i traveled abroad to put to bed
i really can't put up with this situation in my condition.. sad sad sad
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by chikeorji123(m): 12:40am On Jan 23, 2013
Never to marry such..but will appreciate a natural wise ladies..
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by nobniger: 4:57am On Jan 23, 2013
There's benefit

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by GboyegaD(m): 6:14am On Jan 23, 2013
3ndy:
no.. after the pregnancy things got awkward because he at first told me he didn't want the baby.. then i told him ok i will keep the baby without him.. and when i started making plans without him he got angry and started yelling "that's my blood" "he is my child" even because when my aunties asked if he was the father my mum said no.. that she was the father.. i mean if u don't want the baby don't claim it yours.. so told him but u said u didn't want the baby he said after digesting the news he accepted him/her (i'm not really sure abt that) that's why i decided to stay with him because of the baby and all.. but then after what happened with my mum.. i haven't spoken to him and i traveled abroad to put to bed
i really can't put up with this situation in my condition.. sad sad sad

Do you think he is going to get any better with his attitude? I don't think it is a crime that you have a baby out of wedlock because if you see that as a reason to continue, it might get worse than it is and would be more headache than it is now.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by ubong560(m): 7:01am On Jan 23, 2013
@nobniger, o boy u go kill person with :Dfor here o. Honestly may be d mamma just rush enter mkt to buy crayfish, dats y him dey tie d pikin 4 back dey wash him wife under wears. Na igbo man dey like fall dis kind mugu. If u see am for nollywood movie now, u go say e no dey happen in real life.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by DANILSA(m): 11:27am On Jan 23, 2013
ubong560: @nobniger, o boy u go kill person with :Dfor here o. Honestly may be d mamma just rush enter mkt to buy crayfish, dats y him dey tie d pikin 4 back dey wash him wife under wears. Na calabar man dey like fall dis kind mugu. If u see am for nollywood movie now, u go say e no dey happen in real life.
tongue tongue tongue grin
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by ubong560(m): 11:46am On Jan 23, 2013
It doesnt make any sense replacing "igbo" with "calabar". Am now sure u are tryng to protect d image of ur lineage. Ndi Igbo Kwenu, Kwesenu o!!!
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by tpia5: 1:53pm On Jan 23, 2013
3ndy

Is the guy the one in your profile?

The way it seems is you're not sure you want to hold on to him and at the same time you dont want to let him go.

If you heard another lady is making a beeline for him, how would you feel?

Btw if una wan marry make una marry, unless something else dey the matter.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by greedie1(f): 2:01pm On Jan 23, 2013
Mynd_44: After reading 3ndy's post@ I think she should open a new thread about herself
why
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by ubong560(m): 4:24pm On Jan 23, 2013
No matter d level of discouragement posted abv by all, i still remain vividly on my ground that i will be d happiest man on earth having dat illiterate damsel as my beautiful wife irrespective of our level of education after all she was intellectually ok just a victim of circumstances. I will only train her (after our marriage) to see her becoming who i really want her to be. Nowadays, wit ur money, one can finish sec. edu. in 3yrs and crab ur waec result (i hav many proofs on dis). What next then, straight to d university. After then, what next, ...... complete it.

B4 i wil b 35 (more dan 8yrs from now), u can bet me she wil be a graduate. Abi are we not in naija again? All of us are testifiers of all these naw during our university days.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by Mynd44: 4:26pm On Jan 23, 2013
gree-die:

why
cos a thread inside a thread is wrong na
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by 3ndy(f): 5:25pm On Jan 23, 2013
GboyegaD:

Do you think he is going to get any better with his attitude? I don't think it is a crime that you have a baby out of wedlock because if you see that as a reason to continue, it might get worse than it is and would be more headache than it is now.
i really don't know what to think right now.
maybe..maybe not
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by 3ndy(f): 5:27pm On Jan 23, 2013
tpia@:
3ndy

Is the guy the one in your profile?

The way it seems is you're not sure you want to hold on to him and at the same time you dont want to let him go.

If you heard another lady is making a beeline for him, how would you feel?

Btw if una wan marry make una marry, unless something else dey the matter.
yes he's d one.
that picture is from december 2011
nice question.. i have to think about it.. but i don't forgive betrayal
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by 3ndy(f): 5:29pm On Jan 23, 2013
Mynd_44:
cos a thread inside a thread is wrong na
sorry ohhhh
i did not mean to turn d thread on me.
i just told my story to give a reason why i wouldn't date a illiterate..
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by Mynd44: 6:00pm On Jan 23, 2013
3ndy:
sorry ohhhh
i did not mean to turn d thread on me.
i just told my story to give a reason why i wouldn't date a illiterate..
No problem. But I think you need to think well about your situation before it is late

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Married A White Woman But See The Problem I Now Face / Am In My 30s I Am Havin A Crush On A 14 Yrs Old Gel In My Church / Video : Nicki Minaj Grabs Meek Mill’s D*ck On Stage During A Performance (18 +)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.