Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? (5606 Views)

Can You Marry An Illiterate? / Should A Graduate Lady Marry An Illiterate Man? / Should I Marry An Illiterate? Kindly Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by ubong560(m): 9:02pm On Jan 20, 2013
Up till today, i cant just kip my mind off a particular girlfrind i had 7yrs ago. Though she wasnt educated because of her family, but i was so much in luv wit her and stil regard her as d most prettiest, sexiest, loving and desirous girl my soul welcomes despite all others (both d rich, d semi rich and d poor girls I've dated). Her parents forcefully gave out for marriage but i still luv her and would want to have her as my dearest wife (if not dat she's married) despite d educational cap but will rather train her to my test.

Now ladies and gentlemen, can u marry an illiterate for love?
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by kenny1st(m): 9:06pm On Jan 20, 2013
A Woman can be trained to a man's taste.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by Afam4eva(m): 9:20pm On Jan 20, 2013
In other to set the tone for this argument, can you define who an illiterate is.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by DANILSA(m): 9:48pm On Jan 20, 2013
Afam4eva: In other to set the tone for this argument, can you define who an illiterate is.
SECONDED
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by ubong560(m): 10:30pm On Jan 20, 2013
@Afam4eva and Danilsa, wen i say 'illiterate', i mean som1 who attended only primary sch. and stopped at primary 5 bcs she culd not complete it because of one thing or d other. She can barely write her name and express her self politely wit english. What better word can i use to decribe her oda dan 'Illiterate'?

Note: All those were unimportant to me as far as the real love i had for her was concerned?
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by Sunnycliff(m): 10:48pm On Jan 20, 2013
Hmmm! My Dear I cannot. Am a career man and cant stand the shame of marrying one who cant express herself in the midst of my peers. And I CANT WAIT TO TRAIN HER. THERE ARE A THOUSAND AND ONE LADIES OUT THERE WITH THE QUALITIES OF LOVE, CHARACTER, INTELLIGENCE ETC THAT I WANT, SO Y WASTE MY TIME WITH AN ILLITERATE GIRL . Would i marry her for free? or would her bride price be reduced or waved off since i have to train her to my taste? EVEN AT ALL THESE, I WONT MARRY AN ILLITERATE GIRL! GASKIYA, SHIKINA

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 20, 2013
Am looking for who will love me this much.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by Lolaabokoku(f): 11:30pm On Jan 20, 2013
smh
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by harbeordune(f): 1:55am On Jan 21, 2013
I can not ยค!!!
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by Nobody: 3:21am On Jan 21, 2013
nothing spoil..
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by Nobody: 4:45am On Jan 21, 2013
Afam4eva: In other to set the tone for this argument, can you define who an illiterate is.
Thirded.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by ubong560(m): 7:05am On Jan 21, 2013
@Softsparky,

1) Indicate ur gender 1st cos am sure u r not genderless.

2) Are u advertising urself and if 'yes', are u vacant?

3) Are u illiterate cos we are talking abt illiterate here?

4) Do u have the admirable qualities that would make a man desires to always want u in his life 360o?
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by djeezy(m): 7:10am On Jan 21, 2013
My post is in line with the definition the poster gave on illiterate woman. I cannot marry an illiterate. I have set a standard and i cannot settle below that. Illiterate men should marry illiterate women.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by ubong560(m): 10:41am On Jan 21, 2013
@djeezy, and u never paused to think if we must go by ur post, then the rate of illiteracy shld be times in millions within a yr as the illiterate couples would keep churning out illiterate children? Wat then would b d fate of our future wen every three children equate two illiterates and one literate? How abt many of those whom i know thier wives/husbands were not educated as @ wen they met? The educated ones (mostly males) happened to take it upon demselvs training the spouse to his/her standard? Will u say anything is wrong wit dat? Dont forget most of them are illiterates because of circumstances not because they desired such.

Apart frm wife issue, i think is very socialized that we all shld try wit whoever is next to us to be educated in life so as to wipe away illiteracy in our society.

No lost if u sponsor a stranger in school OR AM I THINKING WRONGLY?
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 21, 2013
I cannot marry an illiterate man because apart from embarassing me,we will not be mentally and intelectually compatible.you have to know that love alone cant sustain a marriage,other factors have to come into play esoecially when butterflies in the tummy are all dead.an illiterate will be embarrasing you anyhow especially when you are on top e.g goodluck n mrs joe...
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by djeezy(m): 12:54pm On Jan 21, 2013
ubong560: @djeezy, and u never paused to think if we must go by ur post, then the rate of illiteracy shld be times in millions within a yr as the illiterate couples would keep churning out illiterate children? Wat then would b d fate of our future wen every three children equate two illiterates and one literate? How abt many of those whom i know thier wives/husbands were not educated as @ wen they met? The educated ones (mostly males) happened to take it upon demselvs training the spouse to his/her standard? Will u say anything is wrong wit dat? Dont forget most of them are illiterates because of circumstances not because they desired such.

Apart frm wife issue, i think is very socialized that we all shld try wit whoever is next to us to be educated in life so as to wipe away illiteracy in our society.

No lost if u sponsor a stranger in school OR AM I THINKING WRONGLY?
I do not agree with the fact that you opined that illiterate couples are bound to produce illiterate children. Because someone is an illiterate does not ipso facto mean they have no value for education. I have beheld some illiterate couples who eke out and ensures their children goes to school. Do not confuse illiteracy and poverty. Do you think they would want their children to end up like them?. In strictu sensu I answered based on the definition you gave ab initio on who an illiterate is and by that definition I do not think I can marry one. I am a lawyer by profession and I'd like to marry a woman who is educated and sound enough to understand me without wallowing in sheer ignorance. If you can marry one, then it's your choice, a decision reached on preference.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by victorian(f): 1:42pm On Jan 21, 2013
No, I can't .... My brain is always busy with inspirational issues... And I definitely wud want a partner that will excite my senses with good speech, good presentation, charisma and vast knowledge on series of issue... I will be so bored with an illiterate.. They can and shoudl be good in other ways... But the ones listed above , is one criteria, I can't do without.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by greedie1(f): 4:11pm On Jan 21, 2013
i cant
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by Mynd44: 6:09pm On Jan 21, 2013
Yes I can. I cannot marry an unintelligent woman though but since literacy and intelligence are different, I don't mind
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 21, 2013
It depends on the capacity with which the term illiteracy is defined, or perhaps redefined. U can be an illiterate and know how to speak good english even without going to secondary school, and u can even be a graduate illiterate that cant even spell ur name, whatever the case may be, either u belong to the former or the latter, we can not live together under the same roof as a couple. Have u seen a foolish illiterate argue before, u will be so dissapointed. I cant live with an illiterate aka 'id!0t' who will force me to eat "akpu" 3-times a day, sayin thats what she was trained with, and it makes me more stronger....dawm that is disgustin... There is no way thats going to happen. Life is too sweet for one non-entity to mess it all up for u. Remember marriage is for life. So for me is a NO.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by luvmijeje(f): 7:25pm On Jan 21, 2013
I can,as far he is intelligent and he knows what he want from life and he has the drive to achieve it.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by 3ndy(f): 4:40am On Jan 22, 2013
i am currently dating an illiterate that knows only how to write his name.
he even needed help once to spell NIGERIA. just to clarify the boundaries of his knowledge
never mind that.. before dating he humbly told me that he wasn't literate.
i told him not to worry because as long as he was willing to learn i would gladly do the teaching.
that was a year ago.
and now i regret my decision because not only he his too proud to admit (NOW) he doesn't know, he'd rather have a fight (quarrel)
with me than learn. if he makes mistakes and i correct him he suddenly gets angry and starts yelling (shouting)
he thinks he knows too much and in fact with his illiterate friends when they speak (blissfully) in their ignorance
it hurts my ears to hear so much stupidity.
he once told me during a fight " do u think you are better than me because u went to school?? who do u think u are always judging me and
weighing every single word i say" i was dumbfounded..
this and other insults were on a daily basis.
then last but not least he humiliated my mother insulting her in front of everyone during Christmas and when i asked for explanations he simply told me she insulted me first why wont i insult her?? i asked him how would u feel if i did that u ur own mum.. in his stupidity he answered well u can insult her if u want.. i mean how stupid can one ever be?? most will think what am i still doing with him. well i got pregnant and no matter how, i believe in doing everything i can to have a family, that is i don't want to be part of single mothers and baby mammas.
so if my circumstances were different my answer would be HELL NO

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by tpia5: 4:45am On Jan 22, 2013
^well, if you're already pregnant and you say you dont want to be a baby mama and single mother, then just manage him like that.

obviously, you're feeling him somewhere besides his spelling of nigeria.

he's not illiterate nor s.tupid in bed, i assume.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by tpia5: 4:48am On Jan 22, 2013
most will think what am i still doing with him. well i got pregnant

ok
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by 3ndy(f): 4:53am On Jan 22, 2013
tpia@:
^well, if you're already pregnant and you say you dont want to be a baby mama and single mother, then just manage him like that.

obviously, you're feeling him somewhere besides his spelling of nigeria.

he's not illiterate nor stupid in bed, i assume.

actually sometime before i got pregnant i wasn't feeling him anymore.
because he got selfish.
he didn't pre-intimacy anymore to make me feel good. he didn't wait till i was wet to enter me.
he stopped kissing passionately.
once he finished his business he just roll off and sleep.
and i do the cleaning and airing of the room on my own.
i became a log of wood in bed.
i seriously didn't mind these things before because he feigned to be who he wasn't he was lovely caring and so on.
i really don't know why men pretend that much
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by tpia5: 5:11am On Jan 22, 2013
ok, thanks for the detail, we're all learners here.

i have also learned something new.

but i guess the main point remains you say you are pregnant in spite of all the aforementioned.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by True2myself24(f): 5:17am On Jan 22, 2013
Maya Angelou said we must "be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy." But I still wouldn't marry an illiterate person. We wouldn't be compatible undecided
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by 3ndy(f): 5:18am On Jan 22, 2013
tpia@:
ok, thanks for the detail, we're all learners here.

i have also learned something new.

but i guess the main point remains you say you are pregnant in spite of all the aforementioned.

i think i learned at school that u don't need book to get pregnant. correct me if i'm wrong.
moreover i am an old fashioned african woman and one of our traits are always hoping he will change
waiting for the day when things will get better.
i mean i knew then that i had to leave but i didn't have enough will.
call me whatever u want but i'm being honest here

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by tpia5: 5:30am On Jan 22, 2013
i didnt call you anything,
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by Mynd44: 5:44am On Jan 22, 2013
After reading 3ndy's post@ I think she should open a new thread about herself

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by Joliecoco: 5:49am On Jan 22, 2013
No ,I can't. I love guys who are intelligent that I can have a solid conversation with.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate For Love? by Mynd44: 5:52am On Jan 22, 2013
Good for you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? / When You Finally Shaved And You Want People To Notice / Guys Only! U Cheated On Ur Babe, And She Served U This Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.