Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. (20270 Views)

Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Top Ten Signs You're An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 4:19am On Jan 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

angry angry angry

Who the f4ck are you to judge intellect? You that made numerous false statements on this thread?

Who do you just think you are?

Are you some kind of egomaniac or some megalomaniacal douchebag?

why are you crying? Who beat you? waa waa waa like a little boy! Mscheew! grin grin
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by cold(m): 4:36am On Jan 26, 2013
davidylan:

You perhaps need to warm up your brain. grin

On a more serious note... no one is "attacking" atheists for being white men apologists... that line is only needful when atheists like you get too big for your breeches. It is quite hilarious to hear you all drone on piteously about how atheism is all about "thinking". I agree that many atheists are thinkers... i have a problem when you try to surreptitiously sneak yourselves under that banner. Since KAG and co left here, i am yet to see a nairaland atheist who can argue a point without running off to atheist websites to plagiarize stuff.

You should try to think next time before you post. Its a good way to conserve energy.

Ok,I agree.This back & forth can go on forever.So let's put this all knowing,omnipotent,omnipresent God to the test.Like he unequivocally stated in Malachi 3:10 Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.Or like he claimed in the days of Elijah vs the Prophets of Baal.This is an altruistic prayer.Devoid of wealth,family etc.And believe me,if God answers this prayer,I would go on my knees & beg for forgiveness that I ever doubted his existence.Heavenly Father,if you're truly out there,rid Nigeria of corruption this minute......Nothing happened.For the simple reason that there's no such God anywhere.I rest my case.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by raynold17(m): 4:45am On Jan 26, 2013
were is that maclunji..abi wetin be him name..
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by LeJeun3: 5:12am On Jan 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

Go and read about evolution and get back to me.
But you said that Evolution is different from Atheism!??
Logicboy03:

See how you embarass yourself? Is evolution part of atheism? Fallacy of equivocation. Evolution and atheism are separate issues. Even the catholic church teaches evolution.

You are seriously deluded.

My grandma was an atheist/agnostic without ever speaking one word of English, so there goes your foolish theory that atheism is a white thing.

Furthermore, see how you still invoke white people when Ijust told you the fact that the strongest bastions of atheism are in Asia?

Kai.....religion has damaged your brain!
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by LeJeun3: 5:22am On Jan 26, 2013
cold:

Ok,I agree.This back & forth can go on forever.So let's put this all knowing,omnipotent,omnipresent God to the test.Like he unequivocally stated in Malachi 3:10 Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.Or like he claimed in the days of Elijah vs the Prophets of Baal.This is an altruistic prayer.Devoid of wealth,family etc.And believe me,if God answers this prayer,I would go on my knees & beg for forgiveness that I ever doubted his existence.Heavenly Father,if you're truly out there,rid Nigeria of corruption this minute......Nothing happened.For the simple reason that there's no such God anywhere.I rest my case.
[center] My God doesn't answer prayers to please you or me he does it according to his will. So wether you believe or not doesn't for a minute reduce his exixtence. [/center]
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 5:29am On Jan 26, 2013
LeJeun3: But you said that Evolution is different from Atheism!??

the guy is thoroughly confused. grin

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by cold(m): 5:43am On Jan 26, 2013
davidylan:

the guy is thoroughly confused. grin
I see you disingenuously evaded my prayer whilst observing quietly.It's all good though,defending the indefensible is quite an onerous task cool
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 5:56am On Jan 26, 2013
cold:
I see you disingenuously evaded my prayer whilst observing quietly.It's all good though,defending the indefensible is quite an onerous task cool

I suppose you think others have nothing to do besides "observing" your redundant words "quietly"? grin My brother... we have other things to do.
I didnt ignore your "prayer"... i laughted at the idiocy and simply put it where it belonged... in the thrash can of the mind.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by brosmart(m): 6:01am On Jan 26, 2013
Wtf!
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by cold(m): 6:09am On Jan 26, 2013
davidylan:

I suppose you think others have nothing to do besides "observing" your redundant words "quietly"? grin My brother... we have other things to do.
I didnt ignore your "prayer"... i laughted at the idiocy and simply put it where it belonged... in the thrash can of the mind.

Lol,ok I get your point.We're on the same page.Such God doesn't exist...fine
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by LeJeun3: 6:29am On Jan 26, 2013
cold:

Lol,ok I get your point.We're on the same page.Such God doesn't exist...fine
Like your signature says: the invisble and the non-existent are very much alike, however we also know that is not true that there is a clear cut difference!
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Lovine: 6:38am On Jan 26, 2013
SEUN, NO RED LIGHT ON THIS, WHY?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by LeJeun3: 6:44am On Jan 26, 2013
Lovine: SEUN, NO RED LIGHT ON THIS, WHY?
Leave the matter jare...........
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by AroOkigbo(m): 7:02am On Jan 26, 2013
Lovine: SEUN, NO RED LIGHT ON THIS, WHY?
The reason is simple, we aint discussing islam or islam related topic.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 7:07am On Jan 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

Sharaap!

Number 10 is my favourite. The best in the list!!! grin grin grin

even d Devil knows d bible.... it is not knowing but doing...

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 26, 2013
What happened here!:-O
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 26, 2013
cold:
What's the problem sire?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by linearity: 8:52am On Jan 26, 2013
aletheia:
So you actually think Christians know a lot less than many atheists about the Bible &c? I believe you flatter yourself. You know nothing about God's purposes. And yes, unless you believe that Jesus is He, you will die.

I think the foundation of the Christian faith is "believing is seeing" which is call faith, but others outsides the christian folds prefer "seeing is believing". You kind of confused information with knowledge, all one need to be a christian is to get the information that Christian dies for his sins and that individual will have to proceed to confuse his/her sins and believe that he or she is saved. You did not need the knowledge or understand that your sins are forgiven, you just believe that they have been forgiven and move on.

Knowledge is not required to be save....e.g. if I inform you that Salt is sweet when you put it in your mouth, as a Christian, you have to believe that without tasting it, without doubting it, you have to believe that it is true as reported...that is not knowledge, it is information and that is all you need to be saved...but to have the knowledge that salt is sweet, you must taste it, reach out your hand into the salt and put it in your mouth....that is knowledge...

Remember Thomas? When he was given the information that Jesus have risen, he did not believe....he needed to reach his hands into his piece ribs...Thomas was in essence saying the information that Jesus is risen is not enough for him...he need knowledge, he need prove, he has to test that information out and see if it pans-out....When Jesus appeared to them, Thomas was chastise because of his unbeliever and was given the opportunity to get the knowledge that he seeks but Jesus said 'blessed are those who did not see but believed"....

Did you remember the first Pentecost? As the Holy Spirit descended on the apostles and they started speaking in unknown tongues....The Bible said the people having heard their voices gathered and were confused as to what was happening....they did not understand or have knowledge of what is going on, but that not withstanding, they repented and were saved, because they heard the apostles speaking in their native languages about the wonderful things of God....All they got before repenting was information, they had no knowledge and no understanding....

Now, after becoming a christian, the Bible admonishes us to seek knowledge in other to prove ourselves.

Disclaimer:
I am a Christian, and if you think about it critically, want the OP wrote is on point in many levels...
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Revolva(m): 9:08am On Jan 26, 2013
And what's so good about being a christain ... A white man religion !!! Wey some people no gree let us hear word--
I like your christ but I don't like you christians !! Ghandi!!
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 26, 2013
LeJeun3: But you said that Evolution is different from Atheism!??

Smh....you asked about humna origins not atheism.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by dealslip(f): 9:23am On Jan 26, 2013
Revolva: And what's so good about being a christain ... A white man religion !!! Wey some people no gree let us hear word--
I like your christ but I don't like you christians !! Ghandi!!

So what is Islam - an arab man's religion.

What is bhuddism and hinduism - an asian's religion.

Meanwhile Christianity is a jewish religion. Stop saying white man's religion. All white men are supposed to be europeans. Christianity has its root in Jerusalem.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Sicozone(m): 9:41am On Jan 26, 2013
no 10,smh.....its nt about Knowing about the Bible,Church or Xtianity,UNDERSTANDING is d KOKO
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Damon03(m): 9:55am On Jan 26, 2013
dealslip:

So what is Islam - an arab man's religion.

What is bhuddism and hinduism - an asian's religion.

Meanwhile Christianity is a jewish religion. Stop saying white man's religion. All white men are supposed to be europeans. Christianity has its root in Jerusalem.
I don't mean to burst ur bubble but Christianity was started by the Romans.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Bella3(f): 10:00am On Jan 26, 2013
Ozegbe:

You better wake up from your delusion..

*face palm*
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by tolulope407: 10:14am On Jan 26, 2013
Cyrexx is a bad theorist. He only needed attention which he has got from the minute fragment of nairalanders.

All the 10 points he listed are far from what actually make you a christian. Cyrexx, give your life to Jesus before it's too late, and it shall be well with you.

Christianity is a relationship, not a reigion.

The summary of it all: Love God, and your fellow men.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by theunusualmoon(m): 10:19am On Jan 26, 2013
MANY OF US ARE IN LOVE.....MANY OF US LOVE AT LEAST ONE PERSON,YET WE CANNOT SEE LOVE NEITHER CAN WE TOUCH LOVE BUT AT EVERY INSTANT WE ARE VERY SURE WHAT WE FEEL FOR THAT PERSON IS ABSOLUTELY BEYOND ORDINARY AND WHENEVER THAT PERSON IS AROUND WE FEEL THAT EXTRA SPECIAL FEELING.....LIKE KNOWING DEEP DOWN INSIDE YOU,YOU WOULD DO ANYTHING JUST TO BE WITH THAT ONE PERSON TILL ETERNITY.YOU CANNOT SEE LOVE AND YOU CANNOT SEE GOD YET YOU CHOOSE TO BELIEVE ONE EXISTS AND THE OTHER DOESN'T.TRUTH IS, AS HUMANS WE ARE PRIVILEGED TO CHOSE OUR PATHS......YOU HAVE CHOSEN YOURS.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Tunby(m): 10:49am On Jan 26, 2013
cyrexx: 1 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of Gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

2 - You feel insulted and"dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

3 - You laugh at polytheists (those who believe in many Gods), but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

4 - You feel disgust when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

5 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that worships humans as avatars, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

6 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established facts, e.g. age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

7 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most"tolerant" and "loving."

8 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some crazy people rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove"Christianity.

9 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

10 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a christian.
Its called faith man.Faith!!! You believe first before understanding it.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 26, 2013
Tunby: Its called faith man.Faith!!! You believe first before understanding it.
Dude, I don't get you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Pastor Asks Man To Sing A Love Song For His Wife, He Sang 'Up Jesus, Down Satan / Students Caught Papa Frank Lloyd With A Truckload Of Charm / Did God Create Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.