Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,750 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. (20268 Views)

Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Top Ten Signs You're An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Omogbhollahorn(m): 11:25pm On Jan 25, 2013
Another attension seeking wanna be....wo get a life joor we have pass dis stage.

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Dreeelz: 11:29pm On Jan 25, 2013
ANTICHRIST.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by UgooJosh: 11:29pm On Jan 25, 2013
May God forgive your blabbings. Of course he will - if he could forgive Saul of multiple bloodshed, yours' is quite minor!

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Oluwaadajo(m): 11:35pm On Jan 25, 2013
Reyginus: The person is not christain.

Even the OP is not a Christian or an ineffective one.

All the things he wrote are rubbish about how you know you are Christian.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Oluwaadajo(m): 11:40pm On Jan 25, 2013
Ozegbe: my problem has always been the fragmentation in church.....
One bible, different translations, different churches, different doctrines. Well, if God is willing to burn 5 billion souls in hell, including Bill gates, Albert Einstein among others who have contributed so much to the world of humanity, then hell will be better place to be.My conclusion of this God or no God issue is that, May God existed before but has now lost touch with the world.

God is who He is whether you acknowledge Him or not.

The mistake people make is they try and prove His existence using the knowledge of the world. No one and I mean no one can unravel or understand the mystery of God.

Stop wasting your time .

3 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Oluwaadajo(m): 11:44pm On Jan 25, 2013
Damon03: Oh how sweet, I tot this was posted by an atheist y ar some pple insulting muslims

My point exactly.

OP cannot be a Christian or he is probably one of those bench warmers.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Oluwaadajo(m): 11:47pm On Jan 25, 2013
cyril83: keep spewing rubbish abt christianity...we are all sinners,believe me or not no one on this thread is making heaven including the mod ...Gbam

... Especially the OP

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Oluwaadajo(m): 11:52pm On Jan 25, 2013
Ozegbe: I’m sickened by all religions. Religion has divided people. I don’t think there’s any difference between the pope wearing a large hat and parading around with a smoking purse and an African painting his face white and praying to a rock.

You mean you are bitter with religion.

Christianity is not about religion so get your facts right. If you know the true God of heaven, you will feel differently.

You are what you believe. You made your choice to follow religion rather than Christ so expect to be double frustrated.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Oluwaadajo(m): 11:57pm On Jan 25, 2013
thisisayus: tell that to your father!

Ah!

You cannot be a Christian with a comment like this.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Oluwaadajo(m): 11:59pm On Jan 25, 2013
Bélla3: Erm... Okay. Are you xtian? Surely you cant be a christian!shocked

Christian for where?

Light has nothing in common with darkness. By their fruits we shall know them!
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 26, 2013
cyrexx: 10 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a christian.

if the atheists on NL are the yardstick by which we measure atheistic knowledge of the bible, then it is safe to say that the average christian has nothing to be worried about. There are way too many "google intellectuals" masquerading as knowledgeable today.

3 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Omogbhollahorn(m): 12:08am On Jan 26, 2013
And d god of dis world as blinded dem...it nt d op fault

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by KweenAdz(f): 12:11am On Jan 26, 2013
Heatblast:

Yup.. I agree with him.. So many xtians don't even know about the crimes against humanity their 'all loving god' commited in the bible. all they know is what their pastors preach in church.

I'm sorry for you..Give ur life to Jesus or spend eternity in hell...As for d author of dt post,may God hv mercy on u...#AmOutOfHere#

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by jes7: 12:12am On Jan 26, 2013
Heatblast:

Yup.. I agree with him.. So many xtians don't even know about the crimes against humanity their 'all loving god' commited in the bible. all they know is what their pastors preach in church.

What do you mean by crime against humanity, in the atheistic world view is their anything as crime against humanity? I think we are all the products of atoms and molecules dancing to the dictates of our DNA?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 12:18am On Jan 26, 2013
jes7:

What do you mean by crime against humanity, in the atheistic world view is their anything as crime against humanity? I think we are all the products of atoms and molecules dancing to the dictates of our DNA?

Crimes against humanity in the bible;

Slavery

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

Murder Rape and Pillage
As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.
(Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

Slavery

Titus 2:9
"Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them"

Sexism/misogyny
women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says.
(1 Corinthians 14;34)
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by LeJeun3: 12:24am On Jan 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

I have a prediction- you will look back on this thread one day and realise your st.upidity.

Bill Gates is a fool

Seun is a fool

Kai, you have problems oooo! You use someone's website frequently and you have the nerve to call him a fool?
So once you are rich, famous and popular, you can't be a fool abi? Nice!
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by LeJeun3: 12:27am On Jan 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

Crimes against humanity in the bible;

Slavery

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

Murder Rape and Pillage
As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.
(Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

Slavery

Titus 2:9
"Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them"

Sexism/misogyny
women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says.
(1 Corinthians 14;34)
First and foremost, these are human trends, however atheism sees us as jumble of matter!
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 12:29am On Jan 26, 2013
LeJeun3: So once you are rich, famous and popular, you can't be a fool abi? Nice!

This is how you know that some christians are immoral psychopaths.

Are you saying that Seun, the owner of this website is a fool because he doesnt believe in God?

Think before you answer.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 12:32am On Jan 26, 2013
LeJeun3: First and foremost, these are human trends, however atheism sees us as jumble of matter!

You should sit and think about what you just did. You saw quotes from the bible supporting slavery, murder and rape but you waved it aside to bash atheism
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by LeJeun3: 12:33am On Jan 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

This is how you know that some christians are immoral psychopaths.

Are you saying that Seun, the owner of this website is a fool because he doesnt believe in God?

Think before you answer.
You didn't answer my question!
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 26, 2013
cyrexx: 1 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of Gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

the atheist on the other hand vigorously denies the existence of ANY God and feels outraged when someone pooh poohs his secular humanist ideas.

cyrexx:
2 - You feel insulted and"dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

on the other hand, the atheist tactic is to "insult" and "dehumanize" the religious as generally ignorant and doltish in nature compared to his own Einstein-like IQ.

The unique problem with the above is that not even the atheists on these boards agree that evolution is true. Many openly do not believe in it and the few who pretend to do largely have no clue what they are talking about beyond plagiarizing the thoughts of others on the web.

Indeed on this, the atheist here is at sea; merely using evolution as a crutch for his own unbelief.

cyrexx:
3 - You laugh at polytheists (those who believe in many Gods), but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

As opposed to the atheist who saunters in here to make fun of the christian night and day but has no problem putting blind faith in empty theories.

cyrexx:
4 - You feel disgust when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

and the atheist feels disgust when mentioning the atrocities of all the "gods" but then either turns a blind eye to the evil committed in the name of secular humanism, gets outraged when his hypocrisy is pointed out or outrightly lies about them.

cyrexx:
5 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that worships humans as avatars, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

The same atheist has no problem believing that he descended from a monkey, that the sun appeared after nothing exploded in a big bang... ok i wonder whose faith is bigger. The christian or the atheist.

cyrexx:
6 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established facts, e.g. age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

As opposed to the atheist who spends all his life searching feverishly for "contradictions" in the bible he calls a myth... and finds nothing wrong in believing that a fossil tooth is a clue to his 5bn yr old acestor.

cyrexx:
7 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most"tolerant" and "loving."

you wonder why the atheist is worried about this if he is so sure that heaven doesnt exist.

cyrexx:
8 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some crazy people rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove"Christianity.

The problem is with the flippant use of the term "modern science". 99% of atheists here cannot answer the simplest scientific question i would love to ask.

cyrexx:
9 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

As opposed to the atheist who is content with the 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance that life evolved when nothing exploded billions of yrs ago?

cyrexx:
10 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a christian.

Well, its all good claiming to "know" stuff if you can quickly google it. These days no one really has to "know" anything... they just need to pretend.

Oh well, back to installing my sweet surround speakers. grin

4 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 26, 2013
LeJeun3: You didn't answer my question!

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 26, 2013
davidylan:

the atheist on the other hand vigorously denies the existence of ANY God and feels outraged when someone pooh poohs his secular humanist ideas.

on the other hand, the atheist tactic is to "insult" and "dehumanize" the religious as generally ignorant and doltish in nature compared to his own Einstein-like IQ.

The unique problem with the above is that not even the atheists on these boards agree that evolution is true. Many openly do not believe in it and the few who pretend to do largely have no clue what they are talking about beyond plagiarizing the thoughts of others on the web.

Indeed on this, the atheist here is at sea; merely using evolution as a crutch for his own unbelief.

As opposed to the atheist who saunters in here to make fun of the christian night and day but has no problem putting blind faith in empty theories.

and the atheist feels disgust when mentioning the atrocities of all the "gods" but then either turns a blind eye to the evil committed in the name of secular humanism, gets outraged when his hypocrisy is pointed out or outrightly lies about them.

The same atheist has no problem believing that he descended from a monkey, that the sun appeared after nothing exploded in a big bang... ok i wonder whose faith is bigger. The christian or the atheist.

As opposed to the atheist who spends all his life searching feverishly for "contradictions" in the bible he calls a myth... and finds nothing wrong in believing that a fossil tooth is a clue to his 5bn yr old acestor.

you wonder why the atheist is worried about this if he is so sure that heaven doesnt exist.

The problem is with the flippant use of the term "modern science". 99% of atheists here cannot answer the simplest scientific question i would love to ask.

As opposed to the atheist who is content with the 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance that life evolved when nothing exploded billions of yrs ago?

Well, its all good claiming to "know" stuff if you can quickly google it. These days no one really has to "know" anything... they just need to pretend.

Oh well, back to installing my sweet surround speakers. grin

That's a whole lotta failed and false arguments there, bro!

1) Not all atheists are secular humanists
2) You were caught lying about evolution so many times that it is hard to believe that you know anything about it. Your opinion
3) Atheists are not worried about hell

I could go on.....
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by LeJeun3: 12:38am On Jan 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

You should sit and think about what you just did. You saw quotes from the bible supporting slavery, murder and rape but you waved it aside to bash atheism
Which came first humans or Christianity?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 12:40am On Jan 26, 2013
LeJeun3: Which came first humans or Christianity?

How does this question solve the problem that your bible supports slavery and genocide?

Your religion was used to enslave your ancestors.

For you to even ask that question is to finally admit that your God is an invention of man. Man came before god and christianity
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 12:40am On Jan 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

That's a whole lotta failed and false arguments there, bro!

1) Not all atheists are secular humanists
2) You were caught lying about evolution so many times that it is hard to believe that you know anything about it. Your opinion
3) Atheists are not worried about hell

I could go on.....

between the time you spend here and reddit, i wonder if you have anytime to do anything else like you know... hold a job? grin
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 12:41am On Jan 26, 2013
davidylan:

between the time you spend here and reddit, i wonder if you have anytime to do anything else like you know... hold a job? grin

You mean get a Job smiley
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 12:43am On Jan 26, 2013
davidylan:

I'm self employed. I work on the internet.

My job is also my hobby grin

Cant say the same for your hatred of your job- a biologist who hates evolution grin grin

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 12:44am On Jan 26, 2013
frosbel:

You mean get a Job smiley

I dont need a job. wink

Go and change your child's nappies. It's that time again. Househusband

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas / Pastor Asks Man To Sing A Love Song For His Wife, He Sang 'Up Jesus, Down Satan / Students Caught Papa Frank Lloyd With A Truckload Of Charm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.