Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,067 members, 7,814,680 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot (9270 Views)

Recruitment: Mbu begs Buhari to rehabilitate Police colleges / EFCC Sets Up Four-man Panel On Diezani / Presidency Feeding Budget Higher Than Capital Allocation For 10 Police Colleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by iBukas: 10:34pm On Jan 24, 2013
Is GEJ again
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by dabrake(m): 10:37pm On Jan 24, 2013
back then In high school, If my principal intercepts you while trying to scale the fence, There is no need for Disciplinary Committee for you.

Here in my university, if the VC or any member of the exams malpractice committee discover any microchip on you, there is no need for Senate hearing for you.

Why Retardinho will decide to set up a committee after discovering the rot in that place with his neiked eye(s) is beyond me.

1 Like

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by sammmiey1: 10:41pm On Jan 24, 2013
If u ask me,nah who I go ask d matter wey dey 4ground?E heavy 4mouth oh
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 24, 2013
Here comes President Egbere Jonathan. No action, no swaga. He's just so fucking predictable. I once gave him credit for the changes in power supply,unfortunately,i have to withdraw them back. Hardly do i enjoy 2 hours power a day. This man is just passing time,busy organizing commitees upon commitees and at d end of the day,NO SHOW. Why is nigeria inflicted with this Gej calamity? Roads: ZERO. Corruption: 500%, Jobs: ZERO. Security:ZERO. Power: NEGATIVE MARK. PDP MUST GO 2015. We need a leader in this nation, not calamity and clueless daft

3 Likes

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by ifihearam: 10:44pm On Jan 24, 2013
This administration is a no-nonsense one,I don't need to tell you but surely heads must roll,I trust my oga,when they least expect him he takes actions. Ask iwu,oandoka,etc.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by markus1133: 10:47pm On Jan 24, 2013
again..
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by ifihearam: 10:47pm On Jan 24, 2013
maryjames9: Here comes President Egbere Jonathan. No action, no swaga. He's just so fucking predictable. I once gave him credit for the changes in power supply,unfortunately,i have to withdraw them back. Hardly do i enjoy 2 hours power a day. This man is just passing time,busy organizing commitees upon commitees and at d end of the day,NO SHOW. Why is nigeria inflicted with this Gej calamity? Roads: ZERO. Corruption: 500%, Jobs: ZERO. Security:ZERO. Power: NEGATIVE MARK. PDP MUST GO 2015. We need a leader in this nation, not calamity and clueless daft

The question now is who will that leader be??
GEJ is the best PDP has..and there are no other parties in Nigeria just 2

PDP and others
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Uziehot(m): 10:48pm On Jan 24, 2013
ifihearam: This is a very wise and good step your excellency,if he fires all you will be the first to complain,remember the decay has been there for the past 30years,this administration is bent to ensure that things are done normally and with accordance of the rule of law.

Once more I think and know its a very good move,and anyone found wanting must face the full powers of the law and the presidency.
u 2 local,hear urself. Agbaiya.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 24, 2013
dabrake: back then In high school, If my principal intercepts you while trying to scale the fence, There is no need for Disciplinary Committee for you.

Here in my university, if the VC or any member of the exams malpractice committee discover any microchip on you, there is no need for Senate hearing for you.

Why Retardinho will decide to set up a committee after discovering the rot in that place with his neiked eye(s) is beyond me.
He need the commitee to tell am wetin hin go do ni. I myself can lead Nigeria better than this hat daft guy. Splits
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by linearity: 10:50pm On Jan 24, 2013
So Police setup a prob to prob itself and the prob is headed by the Police..

If these are serious about nailing those whose misappropriate the funds met for the renovation, the panels should have been independent of the Police.

3 Likes

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 24, 2013
Committee headed by a Director in the Police Affairs Ministry? I thought the Director is supposed to be one of the accused persons.

1 Like

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Ola0711: 10:51pm On Jan 24, 2013
If he keeps silence u would talk ..if he takes good step u start barking like castrated DOG...I hate ACN!
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by fkaz(m): 10:53pm On Jan 24, 2013
My presido dey form action man grin grin grin

waiting carry am go visit dia, wen E no say dem go still setup panel.

1 Like

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Ola0711: 10:55pm On Jan 24, 2013
maryjames9: Here comes President Egbere Jonathan. No action, no swaga. He's just so fucking predictable. I once gave him credit for the changes in power supply,unfortunately,i have to withdraw them back. Hardly do i enjoy 2 hours power a day. This man is just passing time,busy organizing commitees upon commitees and at d end of the day,NO SHOW. Why is nigeria inflicted with this Gej calamity? Roads: ZERO. Corruption: 500%, Jobs: ZERO. Security:ZERO. Power: NEGATIVE MARK. PDP MUST GO 2015. We need a leader in this nation, not calamity and clueless daft
u bastard yoruba animal...has ur father ever hold any post? U cant even control your family and u are here vomitting rubbish...ode lasan..oloriburuku
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by ifihearam: 10:56pm On Jan 24, 2013
Uziehot: u 2 local,hear urself. Agbaiya.

Who is this goat??
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 24, 2013
Commitocracy: Government of the committee, by the committee and for the committee.

1 Like

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Clerverly: 10:57pm On Jan 24, 2013
ifihearam: This is a very wise and good step your excellency,if he fires all you will be the first to complain,remember the decay has been there for the past 30years,this administration is bent to ensure that things are done normally and with accordance of the rule of law.

Once more I think and know its a very good move,and anyone found wanting must face the full powers of the law and the presidency.
Shameless ediotu angry angry angry
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by ifihearam: 10:58pm On Jan 24, 2013
Ola0711: u bastard yoruba animal...has ur father ever hold any post? U cant even control your family and u are here vomitting rubbish...ode lasan..oloriburuku

You are not far from the truth.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by fkaz(m): 10:59pm On Jan 24, 2013
Maxymilliano: Setting up a committee either by GEJ or Olubolade is diversionary, unnecessary and waste of man hours, the police service commission can provide the needed informations regarding how the various sums allocated for training and development of Police formations is spent.

I'll be greatly disappointed in the president if the minister for police affairs, Caleb Olubolade and the Chairman of police service commission, Parry Osayande ends up retaining their post.

Bros nah you dey talk like this, you try for this one.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by ifihearam: 10:59pm On Jan 24, 2013
Clerverly:

Ur father
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Ola0711: 10:59pm On Jan 24, 2013
If GEJ eventually win in 2015..yoruba pple u are in trouble
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by naja2: 11:00pm On Jan 24, 2013
when the first lady wants to host african first ladies no commitee is set all we see are exotic cars purchased and lavish dinners and billions spent hosting events that ve no bearing on the citizens, when it comes to rehabilitating police barracks then committees upon committees will be set up. What stops the president from borrowing us 2bn naira out of his undisclosed security vote to credit julius bergers account so that work can start on the rehabilitation asap.

1 Like

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by thaoriginator: 11:01pm On Jan 24, 2013
Another bombaclaaat committee is set up fi a check wah gwan inna the batty-buoy college mon? A yuh suh dem a gon deliver right? Cos di last time mi check alot committee was set up with no result deh. A yuh suh anything positive gon fi come out this thief a dem? Mi doubt dat man! Bad mind grudgeful mi nuh wan see dem no longa man... Mi a hope and pray fi dah day wen all of dem corrupt politicians will get wah deh a deserve inna this naaashun! These peeeople dem a living large while the poor masses dem a hunga everyday, likkle children dem a sick without nuh medical attenshun fi dem. wata wicked leader we av. One day is one day, wen king kong will go to the market place and will nuh fi come back again. But until then, enjoy the fresh air yo!
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by AVWENAGHA: 11:02pm On Jan 24, 2013
pharmow: HYPOCRITES. There are so many of them in Nigeria

anoda come
and eat
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by takedat(m): 11:02pm On Jan 24, 2013
Ola0711: If GEJ eventually win in 2015..yoruba pple u are in trouble
Omo I ran ki ran! Omo ale

2 Likes

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Ola0711: 11:02pm On Jan 24, 2013
Clerverly:
your father tinubu aka mumubu..can never enter aso rock.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Ola0711: 11:04pm On Jan 24, 2013
take dat: Omo I ran ki ran! Omo ale
emi lon bawi? Oti ya were ..oloriburuku..omo odaran
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by CVHP: 11:06pm On Jan 24, 2013
LocalChamp: Govt raises 11-man panel to probe Police Colleges’ rot

Posted by: Gbade Ogunwale, Abuja on January 23, 2013

The Federal Government yesterday set up an 11-man committee to probe the rot in Police Colleges.

The committee will also ascertain the amount of money appropriated for the police to renovate and upgrade the police institutions between 2009 and 2012.

Director, Special duties in the Police Affairs Ministry is the head of the probe team raised by Police Affairs Minister Omoniyi Olubolabe.

The committee has one week to submit its report.

President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday visited the Police College in Lagos after Channels Television exposed the rot in the school.

Members of the committee are: Rep. of NPF-Vice Chairman, Director, Finance and Account-Member, Director, PID-Member, Director, PSD-Member, 3 Nos. Representatives of NPF-Member, Legal Adviser-Member, Head of Budget Division-Member, Head of Internal Audit-Member, Head of External Audit-Member and Secretary-PRS.

The committee’s term of reference are:

•To ascertain the amount of funds appropriated by the Federal Government of Nigeria to the NPF for renovations/upgrade of the Nigeria Police Institutions between 2009 and 2012 and total donations received in the period under review.

•To examine the budget proposed/appropriated by NPF for the Training Institutions between 2009 and 2012

•To verify the utilisation of the appropriation to the NPF for the upgrade of facilities in the following Police Training Institutions.

•Detective College Enugu;

•PMF Training Schools Gwoza and

•Illa Oragun, ATS Training School, Nonwa Tai;

•Police Colleges Ikeja, Kaduna, Maiduguri, Oji-River, PTS Iperu.

•To ascertain if the Heads of the NPF Formations were regularly updating the NPF Management on the conditions of the Institutions between 2009 – 2012 and what actions were taken by the Management of NPF sequel to such;

•To examine the design and capacity of the institutions vis-à-vis the current number of intakes;

•To examine the current condition of infrastructure in all the NPF training institutions and make appropriate recommendations to Government;

•To consider any other matter relevant.

Olubolade said his ministry and the police management team will address the rot in police colleges in the country without delay.

He spoke to reporters after a meeting with Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar at the Force Headquarters yesterday. ,The minister said the matter is of priority to the government.

Olubolade said the meeting with the IGP centred on how to fix the decay in police colleges and how to tackle the rising wave of terrorism, kidnapping and other criminal activities in the land.

The minister said: “We looked at the training of policemen and the training institutions not only on police colleges because solving the problem of police colleges alone is not enough.

“We will solve the problem of police colleges and that of other training institutions including the Police Academy in Kano as well as the Staff College in Jos.

“Once we address those issues, we will be making better progress. So, if you ask me, this meeting was aimed at repositioning the police to attend to training matters. To attend to operational matters so that this year, we will see a better policing in Nigeria police.”

“Nigerians should expect a highly professional police force that will stand up and face the challenges that are confronting our nation. And to do that, I have to constantly meet with the management team headed by the IGP who is here with me as many times as possible.

“This is to ensure that we are on course with our plan, to ensure that whatever we asked for to make the police force more efficient, is given to us. It is also to ensure that we are making progress in fighting crime, criminality and terrorism.

“Like I said, I am here to follow up on what I have just spoken about; to interact with the IGP and his management team, to look at lapses that may exist and how we will surmount them because it is a joint effort and I think it is critical to do that.

“The IGP is making some progress in certain areas and I will also have to look at them”.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/govt-raises-11-man-panel-to-probe-police-colleges-rot/
An independent body would have been a welcome idea by Majority. These persons saddled with this responsibility would not in anyways indict their boss or themselves cos they are part of the rot. When would change come?
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by wescoBaba: 11:06pm On Jan 24, 2013
Raise committee headed by the DIRECTOR of a ministry where the incident happen,olaborode well done
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by 1025: 11:07pm On Jan 24, 2013
hahahahahah, mamamamamamama, jajajajajajaja, lalalalalalalal, gagagagagagagagagaga
jonathan de jonathan aka probe panel
how can u form 11 man panel?
pls increase it to at least 36 man panel.
i am sure that when this panel is done, another panel will be formed to scurtinize the work of this particular panel and i will be the chairman of that new panel.
joe joe, na u biko

1 Like

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 24, 2013
Ola0711: u bastard yoruba animal...has ur father ever hold any post? U cant even control your family and u are here vomitting rubbish...ode lasan..oloriburuku
First,i return that curse on you. Second,how do you know i cant control my family? Again,i dont knw why you feel threatened. I'm simply expressing my mind. If u feel offended,sori bastard Igbo animal
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by bigtt76(f): 11:11pm On Jan 24, 2013
As usual. This looks like the first committee setup in the new year #gej

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Does Not Have 100m Destitute – Presidency / Gunmen Kill Two, Kidnap Over 100 In Fresh Niger Attack / Nigeria, South Africa Agree On Visa-free Regime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.