Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot (9271 Views)

Recruitment: Mbu begs Buhari to rehabilitate Police colleges / EFCC Sets Up Four-man Panel On Diezani / Presidency Feeding Budget Higher Than Capital Allocation For 10 Police Colleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by ochukoccna: 8:21am On Jan 25, 2013
GoSlow Ebele Jonathan
No balls
No guts
No action
No glory

1 Like

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by feeqtee(m): 8:26am On Jan 25, 2013
take dat: This government is an unserious one. Why constitute a panel comprising members of a bureaucracy that has hitherto been responsible for the problems of the Police Force? Is the minister just being aware of the inhabitable conditions of the college? A minister who needs the help of an outside body before he realises and act on the rot beneath him, is irresponsible and ought to be sacked but not with a GEJ, who harbours corrupt and inept individuals!

You just spoke my mind bros. As if they all don't know this. I wonder how long it will take this government to learn. How could you keep doing the same thing that has never worked, with the same people that contributed to the rot as committee members?
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by NaijaNaWaa: 8:32am On Jan 25, 2013
All the members of this committee are the very people responsible for the rot in the police. Big time thieves all of them. Shame.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by KINGwax(m): 8:59am On Jan 25, 2013
Osama10: Woe on to Nigeria.
woe unto u
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Symphony007: 9:02am On Jan 25, 2013
Jerie:

Although the review panel was described as “independent” its board members were appointed by the Secretary of State and the Director for National Intelligence. CNN indicated that such reports are mandated by Congress when U.S. government employees are killed overseas. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton accepted the panel’s findings and vowed to implement all 29 of its recommendations.

examiner.com/article/benghazi-panel-faults-state-department-for-security-lapse

Do you notice where it says that Congress (Parliament) mandates such panels WHEN U.S. GOVT. EMPLOYEES ARE KILLED OVERSEAS.

Wiseacre, blindness is not a defence to stupidity. You don't need a committee to renovate a house. You need builders.
i did'nt need a lecture from you on review board i know all about but in the mist of your "elaboarate" write up you forgot to answer the questions i brought up. What happened to all the money previously channeled there? Who has to loose their job? Ways to make sure the college does'nt fall back to ruins after it's rebuilding. Etc. Are'nt this legitimate findings and since you like using american examples i have you know commitee are set up to oversee renovation of capitol hill, comittee to oversee capitol hill bars and canteens.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by 76Naira(m): 9:20am On Jan 25, 2013
Please please stop play-acting. As if they are not the same ones looting Nigeria to an early grave.
Just stop the rot at the top and people will fall inline.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Ngwakwe: 9:23am On Jan 25, 2013
Why all these useless comments and misinformation about Committees and Panels.

Committees and Panels must be expanded in Democracy for good governance and a better development plans.

Accustomed to military and authoritarian means of issuing orders don't mean they are the best way of solving problems. These methods will always be cosmetics and the root of the problems will still linger.

Panels and Committees serve as investigative bodies that provide adequate and holistic information about the causes of an incident and then proffers a possible solution. They also suggest punishment and actions against persons involved in misappropriation of funds.

If I may ask, what are the main functions of National Assembly apart from making Laws. They are required to provide the oversight function on all the activities of the executive since they are the government body that provided huge funds for the Police Commission.

Our questions and angers should be directed to National Assemblies demanding what the Legislators are doing with all Standing Committees already created in the National Assembly.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Demdem(m): 9:27am On Jan 25, 2013
^^^

Deeper lifer, do u know the number of committes the retardeen has set up since inception? how many of these submitted reports from these committees have been implemented?

1 Like

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Ngwakwe: 9:33am On Jan 25, 2013
What questions do National Assembly ask before approving budgets and how serious do they take their oversight function.

Demdem: ^^^

Deeper lifer, do u know the number of committes the retardeen has set up since inception? how many of these submitted reports from these committees have been actualized?
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Demdem(m): 9:38am On Jan 25, 2013
Ngwakwe: What questions do National Assembly ask before approving budgets and how serious do they take their oversight function.

Ffuck NASS. that has nothing to do with the Retardeens's constant love for creating numerous rubbish panels which is the main crux of this thread (u can open another for that grin). Or are u insinuating that the set up of panels has to do with the NASS not doing its job properly? grin grin

1 Like

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Ngwakwe: 9:56am On Jan 25, 2013
If they had carried out their oversight functions properly without fear or favour, there wouldn't have been the continuation of the rot in Police College as it would have been uncovered before now therefore making this executive panel nonexistent.

Remember they refused to appropriate money for S.E.C because of the report they said their committee compiled against S.E.C.

Demdem:

Ffuck NASS. that has nothing to do with the Retardeens's constant love for creating numerous rubbish panels which is the main crux of this thread (u can open another for that grin). Or are u insinuating that the set up of panels has to do with the NASS not doing its job properly? grin grin
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Demdem(m): 10:01am On Jan 25, 2013
Ngwakwe: If they had carried out their oversight functions properly without fear or favour, there wouldn't have been the continuation of the rot in Police College as it would have been uncovered before now therefore making this executive panel nonexistent.

U are wrong. If the retardeen's men who are appointed and paid to tackle issues like had done what they ought to do with the money appropriated to them, what we are seeing today wouldnt be. Its primarily the responsibility of the executives and not the legislature. They may not be clean but hey, apportion blame rightly

Remember they refused to appropriate money for S.E.C because of the report they said their committee compiled against S.E.C.

And what has SEC got to do with the issue at stake here? abegii face topic jorrr.

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Ngwakwe: 10:09am On Jan 25, 2013
@Demdem

I am not letting the executive of the hook but emphasizing on checks and balances which those committees and panels are supposed to provide.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Demdem(m): 10:15am On Jan 25, 2013
Ngwakwe: @Demdem

I am not letting the executive of the hook

Good to know but u also have to realized that the bulk of the blame goes to the executive headed by the retardeen.

but emphasizing on checks and balances which those committees and panels are supposed to provide.

What u guys refused to understand is little or no powers do these guys have even if they spot a rot. they cant even sack anybody appointed by the retardeen who seems not to be doing his/her job. they can only advise. they are like a toothless bulldog that can only bark but cant bite. Their panels and committees makes noise, cause drama, do whatever but at the end of the day, what do we acheive? They cant even sanction and yet u expect me to lay the primary blame on them leaving behind the retardeen who can do and undo. well, i dont think so.

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Gbawe: 10:49am On Jan 25, 2013
Jerie:

Why don't you string together yor words in defence of GEJ and get your likes?

He paid on the spot assessment to a place and needs a panel to determine his next step. Doesn't he have a brain? Do you run your family the way this waster runs Nigeria? If he were your employee, would you keep him in your hire? Do you want your children to act the way he is acting?

You have said everything I always level at these hideous sycophants here. How many would employ GEJ or even persevere with his high level of ineptitude if they ran a serious profit-driven company where there is no allowance for error? I keep saying it that most of the sycophantic supporters of GEJ cannot be people who have ever been involved in running anything of value in their entire life - whether it is a family, a business, a management position or even a non-profit entity.

Their judgement, thinking and sycophancy is so fundamentally flawed and child-like, I cringe when I read what some of them write here. Incoherently, they spewed rhetoric when some of us said nothing will come of the Ribadu report given the deceitful 'committee' antecedent of GEJ no one can deny. What is the situation with that today? Are we, as the only major oil exporter to do so, still not selling oil through traders against the urgent advise from the Ribadu panel that we reverse this odious policy which only abets corruption and theft in the petroleum sector? Can GEJ not put an end to that today if he wants to and thus put and end to the corruption that policy facilitates? Why has GEJ chosen to pretend he did not note that advise from the Ribadu panel, and many others like it that can genuinely transform Nigeria, if he is not a very corrupt and callous man only in office to defend/abet corrupt practices, corrupt folks and the corrupt status-quo?

Look, my guy, these sycophants here are losers. They own nothing of value and never will with how they talk, think and lie. There is no doubt about that because normal adult, living normal lives and making normal progress, don't reason or talk as these sycophants do regardless of affiliation or bias. We all have our biases and affiliation but there is a stage well-adjusted people admit "this action is wrong" or that "this man has done this ineffective and diversionary nonsense too many times than is healthy for an ambitious Nation". Probe committee my foot. Any time our charlatan President sets up a probe committee, Nigerians , from his history of deceit, should now be wise to the idea he is using it to buy the months he assume is enough for them to forget everything and go back to the wretched lives him and his gang are delivering via their looting allied with hideous incompetence.

Who would think any Nigerian would be foolish enough to defend this coming shortly after the Ribadu report was disgracefully swept under the carpet with its most important recommendations ignored? We never learn in Nigeria so A-looter-continua.

2 Likes

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by dpee4real(m): 1:30pm On Jan 25, 2013
ifihearam: This administration is a no-nonsense one,I don't need to tell you but surely heads must roll,I trust my oga,when they least expect him he takes actions. Ask iwu,oandoka,etc.

What! Are you sane at all?
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by ifihearam: 1:50pm On Jan 25, 2013
dpee4real:

What! Are you sane at all?

Shut up
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Dede1(m): 2:25pm On Jan 25, 2013
When will the presidency set up committee to look into the dilapidated nature of schools of higher learning in Nigeria, the mad houses called government hospitals, death traps called roads and poison called drinking water?
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 25, 2013
Jona is just a big fool with capital F
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by blackbeau1(f): 3:54pm On Jan 25, 2013
jonathan and panels.the man is definitely in love with panels.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Jerie(m): 4:29pm On Jan 25, 2013
Symphony07,

Your questions have all the trappings of a rhetorical question, but most respectfully, it is a foolish question. An average administrator has the answers to the questions, but I guess GEJ doesn't cos he's slow upstairs.

You raised the American example and you shouldn't run away with your tail between your legs when being educated. I have a question for you: Is the Committee on maintenance of Capitol hill an ad-hoc committee inaugurated by the President of the United States?

The worst way an animal can reason is to reason like GEJ and your reasoning is poorer than GEJ's. Good day.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Jerie(m): 4:41pm On Jan 25, 2013
Gbawe, true talk. My problem with theseapdogs is not even their paucity of reasoning, but their dishonesty. On another thread, they were gloating over the NRC making 500K per rail trip. When I pointed out the fact that the NRC was actually making more than 3 times that amount, they ran off. This Insincere-Nigerian of a thing was among them. So, I've discovered that educating them is a waste of my MB.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Ngwakwe: 4:50pm On Jan 25, 2013
The MOST Intelligent Nairalander has spoken

@Quote: Sigh! Mtchew

Jerie: Gbawe, true talk. My problem with theseapdogs is not even their paucity of reasoning, but their dishonesty. On another thread, they were gloating over the NRC making 500K per rail trip. When I pointed out the fact that the NRC was actually making more than 3 times that amount, they ran off. This Insincere-Nigerian of a thing was among them. So, I've discovered that educating them is a waste of my MB.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by GbengaCharisma: 4:59pm On Jan 25, 2013
Please lets see how this goes, something leads to change. This might be one of the steps to solve the insecurity.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by egift(m): 7:47pm On Jan 25, 2013
Gbenga&Charisma:
Please lets see how this goes, something leads to change. This might be one of the steps to solve the insecurity.

Everyone is hoping for something to happen. But here are the problem and why everyone is complaining:
1. Looking at previous committees GEJ put up before, nothing will happen.
2. What is the work or his long list of advisers and assistants if they know nothing about what is going on?
3. Why ask those who should be resigning or prosecuted to head a panel.
4. Are we to believe Jonathan have no clue about what is wrong with Nigeria and what solutions to implement?
5. Why is he always on a reactionary mode? He is just waiting for another exposure to react to. No plans. No vision. Nothing. Just reacting on autopilot.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by DisGuy: 12:42am On Feb 14, 2013
one week never reach?

how long is a piece of string...?
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by juman(m): 11:16am On Feb 14, 2013
Ngwakwe:
Our questions and angers should be directed to National Assemblies demanding what the Legislators are doing with all Standing Committees already created in the National Assembly

Hmmmmmm!

National assembly members should just go home and receive their salaries and allowances from home. They are there for nothing.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by juman(m): 11:20am On Feb 14, 2013
The federal government is really failing.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Demdem(m): 11:27am On Feb 14, 2013
Dis Guy: one week never reach?

how long is a piece of string...?

The case seems to have entered voicemail.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

America And Allies May Attempt To Assassinate Buhari Tonight / Be Magnanimous In Victory, Keyamo Urge Supporters / We Will Not Disband ESN - IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.