Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,091 members, 7,814,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot (9272 Views)

Recruitment: Mbu begs Buhari to rehabilitate Police colleges / EFCC Sets Up Four-man Panel On Diezani / Presidency Feeding Budget Higher Than Capital Allocation For 10 Police Colleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Candybob(m): 3:25am On Jan 25, 2013
Both the committee setting guys and majority of people commenting are displaying hypocrisy!
Why was Barth nnaji sacked? Why was the Uniben Hiv vaccine discredited? ...they did not follow due process!
We are in a clime where emphasis is laid on due process (the new label for the good ol bureaucratic red-tapism) rather than outcomes especially in the political circle, and unfortunately it is the voice of these politicians that echo loudest in the ear of the president. Everybody shouting, no cohesion, no corelation! This is the confusion of the GEJ administration!
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Nobody: 3:26am On Jan 25, 2013
So it will take a panel of 11 hefty men to figure out what to do about the decay I saw with my korokoro eyes all the way from America?
Na wa o
How much did Tafa Balogun steal from the police treasury before he was slightly disgraced?
Isn't this enough reason to hang him by his balls assuming they are still existent
Foolish country
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Fhemmmy: 3:40am On Jan 25, 2013
Lol
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Parnassuss(m): 3:42am On Jan 25, 2013
Going by GEJ's intensive allergy to implementing whatever solutions are presented to him by any panel (ref; Presidential Advisory Committee, Metu Committee, Ribadu Report, Police probe, Efcc Subsidy report) I can confidently say the biggest probability for this panel's recommendations to be implemented are at best slim. But that is if they dare recommend prosecution of those guilty of causing the rot.

However I know something, no matter how minute, will be done about the state of the college.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by meine: 4:17am On Jan 25, 2013
for Gods sake is GEJ alright? What does he need a committee for again? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by kabaka1: 4:49am On Jan 25, 2013
I don't know why waste tome probing 4 root cause of this shameful scenario when it's obvious Dat naija leaders got no n don't consider the maintenance of public infrastructures as a priority rather stealing d allocation 4 d maintenance of this schools like this is their top priority cry angry shocked
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by kabaka1: 4:54am On Jan 25, 2013
meine: for Gods sake is GEJ alright? What does he need a committee for again? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Thank u 4 that question cool
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by OperaMini1(m): 5:19am On Jan 25, 2013
Let Channels run another documentary on Police Stations and Police Barracks across the country. We will discover that the rots there are as much as those in the colleges. Let them set up all the panels in the world, one thing is sure, the world is watching.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by nuorlah: 5:38am On Jan 25, 2013
It is too early to determine what the joke of the year would be. But I think this is it.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Panter215: 5:45am On Jan 25, 2013
I am waiting for one more panel. The one the house of assembly will soon set up.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by akinnux(m): 5:58am On Jan 25, 2013
Who is fooling who, what we want is action not useless probe. Besides, It is not possible to cover these terms of reference in one week.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by nagoma(m): 6:25am On Jan 25, 2013
A committee to investigate themselves. At least there is no need to plant a mole by the president this time. Their findings will be unanimous and will require no action." The college is doing well. What Jonathan saw was planted by the opposition to discredit his government." Finito. kiss
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Uziehot(m): 6:36am On Jan 25, 2013
ifihearam:

Who is this goat??
. Who is this suck-er,
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Richiez(m): 6:45am On Jan 25, 2013
NICE JOB GOODLUCK JONATHAN BUT YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME THING WITH THE UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA WHICH IS JUST A STONE THROW FROM ASO ROCK
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by philips70(m): 6:46am On Jan 25, 2013
ifihearam: This is a very wise and good step your excellency,if he fires all you will be the first to complain,remember the decay has been there for the past 30years,this administration is bent to ensure that things are done normally and with accordance of the rule of law.

Once more I think and know its a very good move,and anyone found wanting must face the full powers of the law and the presidency.

One of the worst political eediots here on Nairaland. The face of a wasted generation!
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by nastrodomus: 7:00am On Jan 25, 2013
This is another opportunity to create dubious committee who as know aim and objective let wait and see what will come out of this.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by pgiddy(m): 7:00am On Jan 25, 2013
When will public officee holders start Getting punished 4 dier actions n inactions,Nigeria z a failed country I swear,whr anybody can do somtin n still get away wth it.wen will dis stop to sserve as a deterent to others,n I won't b Surprised if nothing comes out of dis committee of a tin.in an ideal environment,d police service commision chairman is supposed to step aside 4 a while.this trend of getting away wth tinz willl always continue n it will continue to destroy dis country.if after dis whole committing n nobody z punished 4 dis rot,den jonathan z surely a weak president.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Kachi188(m): 7:02am On Jan 25, 2013
Nigerians are funny with thier criticisms o....Question- so if u give ur child school fees for 4yrs in d university, nd it turns out dat he neva paid it even once, ur first instinct will be to pump more money to him, without finding out d status of d previous monies...The rot was evident, no one is denying dat, bt without identifying d systematic neglect dat brought it to dis level, injecting more money will be like pouring water into a basket...#my opinion
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Onlinebiz2012: 7:03am On Jan 25, 2013
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by pgiddy(m): 7:07am On Jan 25, 2013
Obama: Mr Jonathan,d number of committees u av in ur country is becoming too much, u av to do somtin abt it. Jonathan: I tink dat is true President Obama, I will make sure i set up a committee to know the number of committeess we havee in dis country. cheesy cheesy
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by pgiddy(m): 7:16am On Jan 25, 2013
Kachi188: Nigerians are funny with thier criticisms o....Question- so if u give ur child school fees for 4yrs in d university, nd it turns out dat he neva paid it even once, ur first instinct will be to pump more money to him, without finding out d status of d previous monies...The rot was evident, no one is denying dat, bt without identifying d systematic neglect dat brought it to dis level, injecting more money will be like pouring water into a basket...#my opinion
U r much correct,bt d point is will u ask ur son's frnds,wth whom dey spent d moni together to help u find out aw he spent d moni,wen thieves r been made to probe a thief,den dere z a problem.And moresso,@ d end of d day,won't there b a punishement 4 dat ur Son,bt in dis country's case,errytin returns back to d status quo,no punishement 4 anybody found wanting @ all.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by philips70(m): 7:16am On Jan 25, 2013
Kachi188: Nigerians are funny with thier criticisms o....Question- so if u give ur child school fees for 4yrs in d university, nd it turns out dat he neva paid it even once, ur first instinct will be to pump more money to him, without finding out d status of d previous monies...The rot was evident, no one is denying dat, bt without identifying d systematic neglect dat brought it to dis level, injecting more money will be like pouring water into a basket...#my opinion

How funny are Nigerians with their criticisms when we have not seen a functional solution emanating from previous committees and panels set up by this same government? We don't even get to hear the outcomes. A serious government will first put some people on compulsory leave in this matter before setting up any committee. Last time I checked there's this iroko called Parry Osayande who has been in the headship of police service commission for years and as we speak he still remain unshaken. No balls No presidency!!!
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by goodmike7: 7:19am On Jan 25, 2013
philips70:

One of the worst political eediots here on Nairaland. The face of a wasted generation!

your father
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by philips70(m): 7:22am On Jan 25, 2013
goodmike7:

your father

Like a colossus even at 90, where is yours?
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 25, 2013
Not another panel again.
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Lovine: 7:35am On Jan 25, 2013
If here in France the Minister of Police affairs would have been sacked, but Nigeria, triste
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Kachi188(m): 7:42am On Jan 25, 2013
pgiddy: U r much correct,bt d point is will u ask ur son's frnds,wth whom dey spent d moni together to help u find out aw he spent d moni,wen thieves r been made to probe a thief,den dere z a problem.And moresso,@ d end of d day,won't there b a punishement 4 dat ur Son,bt in dis country's case,errytin returns back to d status quo,no punishement 4 anybody found wanting @ all.
well,i'l hv to agree wit u a bit.. Asking the goats who ate d missing yam isn't gonna be much productive..bt u hv to appreciate the need for immediate action. D Committee was given a week, an independent body will take at least 4times d time. U can call it an internal audit or watever....bt lets nt throw away d baby wit d bath water, there's stil HOPE
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by PRD(m): 7:45am On Jan 25, 2013
why am I not surprise?
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Kachi188(m): 7:47am On Jan 25, 2013
philips70:

How funny are Nigerians with their criticisms when we have not seen a functional solution emanating from previous committees and panels set up by this same government? We don't even get to hear the outcomes. A serious government will first put some people on compulsory leave in this matter before setting up any committee. Last time I checked there's this iroko called Parry Osayande who has been in the headship of police service commission for years and as we speak he still remain unshaken. No balls No presidency!!!
Is dat ur solution? Gather evrybody and put them on compulsory leave? U obviously missd d part where they said decay is over 30years old..we are talking abt an underfunded nd neglectd police whch shouldn't be news to anyone. If that d college was built by dis administration and has been wreckd in this short while, i wud hv been calling for heads too...lets see how d panel pans out
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Kachi188(m): 7:48am On Jan 25, 2013
philips70:

Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by Nkembenard(m): 8:07am On Jan 25, 2013
Blyss: LOL, what a joke. cheesy Why do these fools create a fuucked up panel for everything, and at the end do nothing about the problem the panel was created to address? Most of the funds given to fund these committees end up missing half the time. cheesy Nigeria is so fuucked up. The only working normal place in that nation is Lagos thanks to the rare presence of an actual halfway decent leader in that place.

How dare you describe him in that manner! undecidedundecidedundecided

And @y'all nagging over the formation of committees, if he takes decision without finding the actual cause of the decay in the system,y'all will say he's clueless and irrational
Nigerians! I think we are our own problemundecidedundecidedundecided
Re: 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot by philips70(m): 8:21am On Jan 25, 2013
Kachi188:
Is dat ur solution? Gather evrybody and put them on compulsory leave? U obviously missd d part where they said decay is over 30years old..we are talking abt an underfunded nd neglectd police whch shouldn't be news to anyone. If that d college was built by dis administration and has been wreckd in this short while, i wud hv been calling for heads too...lets see how d panel pans out

But you just reminded us the panel was given a week to do this 30 yr old job. In your heart of heart do you really think this is correct? With the same people who midwifed the rot in these 30yrs? What I sense is just " let's act as if we are on top of the situation" That has always been the case to sway public minds away from corruption issues. Once we have other issues at hand they go back to status quo. We don tire

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate Confirms Anthony Mkpe As Auditor-General Amid Petition / LASAA Denies Rejecting Political Advertisements / Aba North/Aba South: Appeal Court Sacks LP's Nnamani, Affirms APGA's Ikwechegh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.