Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,503 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture (27382 Views)

Calabar Carnival 2015: Live Update With Photos / Killers Of Python In Calabar: Handling Snake Is Our Culture; no charms or juju / Calabar Carnival 2013 [Live] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by MajeOfficial: 11:42am On Jan 25, 2013
Demdem: i agree. Public unclothedness isnt our culture. i think those in charge should be weary. things are getting worse as each year passes

stop lying
[img]http://4.bp..com/-tpml7J3ZngY/UDeOeTXRrUI/AAAAAAAAAM8/8KGo1skva-8/s1600/dance+africa.GIF[/img]

4 Likes

Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by REVOLUTNIS: 11:43am On Jan 25, 2013
Demdem: i agree. Public unclothedness isnt our culture. i think those in charge should be weary. things are getting worse as each year passes

True talk
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by DeepSight(m): 11:45am On Jan 25, 2013
nuorlah:

Three wrongs dont make a right.

At least people can keep those to themselves. Why bring them to the piblic and to corrupt more people.

You just increased the no of pple hoping ti have a go with their neighbours, the little girls, etc by this public show of shame.

[size=24pt]SHUT UP![/size]
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 25, 2013
grin
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by abdulkayus(m): 11:48am On Jan 25, 2013
Stil amazed as hw some ppl doesnt c anytin wrong in d shameless show of unclothedness called carnival. To me, its barbaric, degradin women to sex objects.
All dos claimin dat notin wrong in dis madness and also abusing Afam4ever, will u allow ur mother, sister, wife or daughter to put on dos nonsense call customes and display their unclothedness to any dick and harry? SMH.
Waitin for all ur answers. Hypocrites.

2 Likes

Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by abdulkayus(m): 11:49am On Jan 25, 2013
Stil amazed as hw some ppl doesnt c anytin wrong in d shameless show of unclothedness called carnival. To me, its barbaric, degradin women to sex objects.
All dos claimin dat notin wrong in dis madness and also abusing Afam4ever, will u allow ur mother, sister, wife or daughter to put on dos nonsense call customes and display their unclothedness to any dick and harry? SMH.
Waitin for all ur answers. Hypocrites
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 25, 2013
abdulkayus: Stil amazed as hw some ppl doesnt c anytin wrong in d shameless show of unclothedness called carnival. To me, its barbaric, degradin women to sex objects.
You are right jor
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 25, 2013
Lagos_Boi: na true, na so so yan.ch i dey see for AIT, dem self dey censor am time 2 time. Naked.ness too much for Calabar Carnival joorr and i can't remember when unclothedness has become part of our own culture but wait oooo...he be like say i like wetin i dey see

Wetin you see True or false, many people are praying to have funds to attend the next carnival...

They should stop importing those girls to the carnival.
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by Demdem(m): 11:51am On Jan 25, 2013
]

stop lying
[img:

http://4.bp..com/-tpml7J3ZngY/UDeOeTXRrUI/AAAAAAAAAM8/8KGo1skva-8/s1600/dance+africa.GIF[/img]

we are much more exposed and enlightened now than then grin
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by REVOLUTNIS: 11:53am On Jan 25, 2013
Calabar women are so cheap and immoral
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by tEsLim(m): 11:55am On Jan 25, 2013
Dont say things you do not know. The carnival culture was made popular by Brazil but its not Brazilian. Its AFRICAN! It started in AFRICA! Africans are known to have carnival culture for ages. Almost all tribes did have masquerade parades at village squars. This was taking to Brazilian by the African slaves. Gets your fact right. Know your roots. Black man know yourself.
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by abdulkayus(m): 11:56am On Jan 25, 2013
ehie: our culture before the arrival of whitey,women walked around without shirts...that was our culture,before we embraced the white man's culture

nt all Africans do dat b4 d white came. Here in d north, dey hav been civilised by covering their body very well even b4 d comin of d whites, dat is y d whites really respect dem wen dey came. I can only believe of such unclothness in d eastern 9ja b4 d comin of d whites.
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by Reference(m): 11:56am On Jan 25, 2013
ehie: our culture before the arrival of whitey,women walked around without shirts...that was our culture,before we embraced the white man's culture

Aha. So it was the white man that gave us the forbidden fruit, now we know we are n.aked we are trying to throw up the fruit and return to traditional n.udity while inviting the white man once again, only this time as a tourist c foreign investor. What next.
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by abdulkayus(m): 11:59am On Jan 25, 2013
abdulkayus: Stil amazed as hw some ppl doesnt c anytin wrong in d shameless show of unclothedness called carnival. To me, its barbaric, degradin women to sex objects.

MOD, wat is dis nah. I wrote d.i.c.k and harry nt joystick and harry. Even some whites bear d name d.i.c.k. Haba, dis una censorship don dey too much oooo
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by Symphony007: 12:02pm On Jan 25, 2013
Afam4eva: It has never been about promoting our culture but about promoting the cultures of the carribean islands. Now, they're now promoting the culture of sodom and gomorra. The calabar carnival, the port-hacourt carnival and the Lagos carnival are a shame.
hey!! Caniriv is different!! Before you talk, try and attend. Caniriv is a display of rivers culture and heritage, there is no nudity or colourfull prevolities that is why people deem it boring. There are masquerade displays, gig paddling(ancient boating of the riverine people) and many others. So don't generalize your premise!!
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 25, 2013
filiks: Truth! I also took pictures of onlookers that came to watch, u wont know who is more naked, the onlookers or the participants.

Aarrhh, was it as bad as dis It wasnt so in 2011 when i was there.
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by Reference(m): 12:13pm On Jan 25, 2013
abdulkayus:

nt all Africans do dat b4 d white came. Here in d north, dey hav been civilised by covering their body very well even b4 d comin of d whites, dat is y d whites really respect dem wen dey came. I can only believe of such unclothness in d eastern 9ja b4 d comin of d whites.

C'mon that's not true. Is the Goma community that was found in total n.akedness in the mid eighties not in the north. If they were invited to carnival what do you expect them to wear.

1 Like

Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by Bibol(f): 12:13pm On Jan 25, 2013
okpara ugo:

Aarrhh, was it as bad as dis It wasnt so in 2011 when i was there.

My dear, it was very terrible. Those Carribeans really showed what their mommas gave 'em. I reside in Calabar and wetin eye see on the 27th was lipsrsealed
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by xxyz17(m): 12:20pm On Jan 25, 2013
cheesy you be learner finally. Just write 'D1ck' wink
abdulkayus:

MOD, wat is dis nah. I wrote d.i.c.k and harry nt joystick and harry. Even some whites bear d name d.i.c.k. Haba, dis una censorship don dey too much oooo

1 Like

Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by Frank3n2(m): 12:25pm On Jan 25, 2013
Baby mama: Well as they say, sex sells
When a shampoo commercial can have moans and groans in it,what do you expect
Uwa nmebi
Abeg which shampoo advert?
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by IyfeNamikaze(m): 12:27pm On Jan 25, 2013
i realy don't know what you guys are complaining about oo! But all i can see is ukwu sara mbara... Chai!!! Ihe n'eri
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 25, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by michealade(m): 12:33pm On Jan 25, 2013
mysticgal: abeg na CALABAR we dey talk about here.
do u mean what im actuali tinking..
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:41pm On Jan 25, 2013
Calabarcarnival sould b african, leavingtediaspora elements out. Itsouldstill market.

1 Like

Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by warrior01: 12:51pm On Jan 25, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: Calabarcarnival sould b african, leavingtediaspora elements out. Itsouldstill market.
Exactly! but I'm still wondering how many textile mills our forefathers had then.
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by burkutu: 12:55pm On Jan 25, 2013
Still surprised nobody has mentioned the reeds dance festival in swaziland. Proper african culture on parade. Unclad bossoms from horizon to horizon.....im still saving to go there before i die o!

2 Likes

Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by RedLight1: 1:24pm On Jan 25, 2013
Demdem:

we are much more exposed and enlightened now than then grin
if we are exposed and more enlightened why are we still celebrating the culture then?
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 25, 2013
nep2ra:

It's your type that secretly watches p.orn, touches himself and later goes to God in prayer asking forgiveness.
You too must have done it to have reasoned that direction! didn't you enjoy it.
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by niggadee(m): 1:25pm On Jan 25, 2013
[quote author=Afam4eva]It has never been about promoting our culture but about promoting the cultures of the carribean islands. Now, they're now promoting the culture of sodom and gomorra. The calabar carnival, the port-hacourt carnival and the Lagos carnival are a shame.[/quote fanti lagos carnival was brought to Lagos Island by ex yoruba slaves returnees from Brazil and cuba. calabar carnival is fake they are wannabe and fanti carnival is real
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by Eziachi: 1:29pm On Jan 25, 2013
Afam4eva: It has never been about promoting our culture but about promoting the cultures of the carribean islands. Now, they're now promoting the culture of sodom and gomorra. The calabar carnival, the port-hacourt carnival and the Lagos carnival are a shame.
So in your carnal/banal opinion, Caribbean Islands are Sodom/Gomorrah? Those Island tend to be proud of those carnivals because they felt it gives them a sense of their traditional ancestor's homeland of West Africa.
Before the coming of the white man, most of our cultural festival has always been nudity associated with it but then it was natural because, our mind and mental states then were not as corrupt and crooked as it is now.
Then a young female/male may be nude but the last thing on their mind is jumping on top of each other, they were innocent. But today people like you who claimed to be religious than God, will say one thing but completely do another. They will steal, sleep with their best friends wife or husband and on sunday they will troop to their carnival (church) and praise to a God who is not ever listening to them. Hypocrites!!

3 Likes

Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by Eziachi: 1:33pm On Jan 25, 2013
Demdem:

exactly, i think its high time NBC start sanctioning this carnival airing on our airwaves afterall, some music videos who dont even have as much has unclothedness being experienced in the carnival have been banned from the airwaves by NBC.
There are hundreds of channels this days available for your viewing pleasure, Who pu that gun on your head that you must watch the so-called carnival?
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by Demdem(m): 1:38pm On Jan 25, 2013
Eziachi:
There are hundreds of channels this days available for your viewing pleasure, Who pu that gun on your head that you must watch the so-called carnival?

are u aware that they walk on our streets? Are there dedicated streets for peeps like me who detest such in public also. by the way, the argument is if NBC can ban some music videos because they depicts elements of sexuality, why not this also from the same airwaves since it depicts such also.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal / Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife / Late Alfred Akawe Torkula Tomb In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.